4.0 out of 5 stars Great value - but the indicator light is miswired
Published on 15 Sept. 2012 by Edinburgh 2000

2.0 out of 5 stars myself
Its very handy and hot but noisy. never use it in the TV or bed room.
You wont hear anything else when its on.
Published on 16 Jan. 2013 by myself

4.0 out of 5 stars Great value - but the indicator light is miswired, 15 Sept. 2012
Edinburgh 2000 (Edinburgh, Scotland) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Delonghi HTF3033 3 Kilowatt Horizontal Fan Heater (Kitchen & Home)
This heater is great value and is very effective. It is a full 3kW and the thermostat works well to enable you to keep the room at a steady temperature. My only niggle is that this model incorporates an indicator light (which the previous version did not) but this light is wired to illuminate only when the fan is running, which defeats its purpose. When the heater's thermostat gets to the set temperature, the heater, fan and light all go off. So, if some time later, you go to leave the room while the heater is still live but not running because the thermostat has cut out, you could think that it is off. The light will not be on. Having left the room, possibly for the day, the heater will spring back into life when the temperature cools and the thermostat operates. It would have been so simple to power the light so that it is on all time that the heater is powered, to warn of that. You don't need a light to tell you when the fan is running; you can hear it. I am tempted to try to open the casing and rewire the light myself but I know that would invalidate the warranty.

UPDATE: I did open the casing and found it easy to rewire the light to stay on when the thermostat cuts out. However, I discovered that the thermostat is connected on the neutral wire, not the live wire. This means that, when the thermostat operates and the heater cuts out, the heating elements just inside the plastic grill are live at full mains voltage. I think this is very poor practice and potentially dangerous. I am not too troubled by it myself as I understand the risks but I would not feel comfortable having this heater in a room with a crawling baby who could approach the heater while the thermostat has cut out, such that the heater is cold, silent and appears to be off, and be tempted to poke a metal object through the grill.

4.0 out of 5 stars good but noisy, 23 Nov. 2011
Heats up a medium sized room very quickly but it is quite noisy. I have a similar previous model which is less noisy and does an equally good job. The three heat settings are actually 1. cold 2. low heat and 3. high heat.

4.0 out of 5 stars DeLongi HTF 3033 Fan Heater, 8 Feb. 2012
Heats up a small to average room quite quickly. Rather noisy though the thermostat ensures it is not running all the time. The supply lead is on the short side if being used in a kitchen where the sockets are usually at a high level. Overall good value for money.

2.0 out of 5 stars myself, 16 Jan. 2013
Its very handy and hot but noisy. never use it in the TV or bed room.
You wont hear anything else when its on.

1.0 out of 5 stars Noisy, useless thermostat, soon broke, 19 May 2013
The heater is determined to get noticed by being both large and noisy. The thermostat never worked properly and the heater just stays on.

Almost exactly a year after buying it the motor started screetching and appeared to be scraping on the inside of its casing so we had to replace it. Now we have 3 Dimplex uprights for about the same price as this one. They are much quieter and their thermostats work.

4.0 out of 5 stars Hot Heater, 13 Aug. 2012
Works very well _ the extra KW (3 KW) makes a big difference and it worth the extra cost. Solid item with some weight which pints to quality and I hope longevity.

1.0 out of 5 stars Broke within hours, 6 Nov. 2013
My heater arrived at 6pm today, and by 10:30pm it had stopped working, not pleased. Whenever I turn it on it works for a few seconds then emits a blue spark from inside the grill on the left hand side and turns off, but the indicator light is still on. I have ordered a replacement and am hoping I simply got a faulty unit. Fingers crossed!
However, while it worked it was a fabulous little heater, good heat and the thermostat seemed to work. I have a large room with a high ceiling and the heater warmed it within a few minutes, such a shame it broke so soon.
Will update as to whether the replacement works properly.

1.0 out of 5 stars customer service non existent, 12 April 2012
I purchased this product in good faith that there would be support should there be any problems. On receiving it the heater cut out on every setting. Obviously the thermostat was defective. Instead of returning the product to Amazon immediately I decided to contact Delonghi's helpline on the internet. This only referred me to a telephone number where I could obtain assistance from a local local dealer to have the appliance repaired. In my view this is not customer service. I have returned the item to Amazon from whom I purchase the majority of household products and I have ordered a replacement from them but not a Delonghi product for obvious reasons. Amazon's returns policy is second to none and that is why I am a customer.

1.0 out of 5 stars Broken in a week, 23 Oct. 2012
I thought it looked elegant and the brand seemed ok so i ordered one. For some reason this morning it is not working i thought it was the thermostat thing but it is not. So disappointed with it.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good Product, 15 Jan. 2013
I bought it to save on electricity, as I am living alone in home it doesn't make sense to me keep running heating all the time. It works fine and I don't see any negative except it's little bit noisy that's why I gave 4 start instead of 5.