Format: Audio CD|Change

on 16 March 2010
Elvis at his best? A peak vocal performance? Well quite probably. It is well known and documented by now that after leaving the army Presley wanted to get back to his recording career as soon as possible whilst also pursuing a film career where he hoped to become another Marlon Brando, his screen idol. Having just recorded the album Elvis Is Back he pursuaded RCA to let him record a full album of gospel songs, something of a favourite of his mother's.

This album is the result of an all-night recording session during 1960. And it is simply brilliant. Working with little more than a gospel quartet, piano, bass and percussion, the focus is entirely on the voice of Elvis singing praises to the 'Man In The Sky'. To a non-believer, it might seem a bit hard to take but believe me (if no one else!), it isn't. It's an exhilarating ride and you'll be jumping up and down in the aisles praising someone very soon, if not the Lord, the record company which had enough foresight back then to let the greatest entertainer of the Twentieth Century do whatever he wished at a time when he was peerless. Hallelujah!
on 22 February 2012
A great album. You would normally associate Elvis with Rock'n'Roll numbers and its great to hear such a soothing laid back collection if music. A great 'sunday afternoon' CD. Highly Recommended.
on 17 January 2013
We used to buy all the Elvis records as soon as they were released and although His Hand in Mine was not our usual type of music, we found we really enjoyed this gospel singing. Seeing it and listening to it again took us back many years and we are loving it all over again.
on 20 February 2013
What a voice, what a talent and although he was so talented, I don't believe he ever forgot where he came from. God certainly blessed him, maybe he sings in a heavenly choir now.
on 13 March 2013
I BROUGHT THIS FOR MY DADS WAKE, IT WAS PERFECT,I RECOMEND THIS TO ANY ONE WHO IS A ELVIS FAN, OR ANYONE WANTING A QUITE RELAXING CD
on 19 October 2010
This my favourite Elvis Gospel CD , Has lots of songs i had never heard before , I put it on when i go to bed , Put it on a timer and then it is morning , Great .
on 28 February 2012
His hand in mine is a very soothing and peaceful CD.. I have the vynil version which I played almost to extinction ... I recommend this one to anyone who likes Elvis' mellow voice singing these lovely songs and hymns.
Mollie Reckitt
on 20 March 2016
Fabulous, had the original LP in the sixties, believe this differs slightly from that but what amazing songs even my non Elvis loving musician husband loves this. Have even bought this for my sister
on 6 December 2012
I I love gospel music especially when sung by Elvis Preslelove gospel music especially when sung by Elvis Presley - I love gospel music especially when sung by Elvis Presley
on 18 December 2013
This is the CD version of an LP I had many years ago and I was very pleased with the quality and collection of songs showing Elvis's great range of singing voice.