5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant story
Daughters of War (Leonora Trilogy)

Published on 15 July 2011 by C. Hunt

3.0 out of 5 stars a simple read
Personally, I found the story a little twee. The characters are somewhat unbelievable but there is a little twist at the end. I'm not sure that it inspired me enough to read the other books in the trilogy
Published 7 months ago by Mrs. Ann Oxford Wright

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant story, 15 July 2011
C. Hunt - See all my reviews
Daughters of War (Leonora Trilogy)

Once again another brilliant story from Hilary Green. I have just finished reading this book and couldn't put it down, the historical content is excellent and she covers a part in the history of WW1 which we don't usually hear about. I now feel that I would like to read more about the brave Mrs Stobart and her fellow nurses who risked their lives and reputations to look after the injured in Serbia.

A thoroughly brilliant read, can't wait for book 2!

4.0 out of 5 stars thought provoking.., 18 Mar 2012
Petra "I love to read" "book addict!!!" (Northern Ireland) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)    (VINE VOICE)
This review is from: Daughters of War (The Leonora Trilogy) (Kindle Edition)
Daughters of War: Leonara Trilogy by Hilary Green is a book which I recommend to all historical fiction fans. I have always loved Hilary Green as an author, as she has such a fantastic gift for writing historical fiction books which are based on historical facts.
The book is based on two girls Leonora Malham Brown and Victoria Langford who become friends over the joined hope of equal rights for men and women. Through Victoria, Leonara joins the First Aid Nursing Yeomanry and runs away to work as a nurse in the Balkans when war breaks out. The one thing which makes this complicated is the Leo as she is affectionately known is under-age and she runs away to war without receiving her grandmother's permission as she knew her Grandmother would never get it. Leo is a lovely character who you could not fail to like and you follow her and her friend Victoria as they go to war in a bright yellow car and believe me it is a really interesting and exciting book as you read about their adventures along the way. Not only do these girls have the adventures as unknown to them they are being chased by Leo's brothers best friend Tom and he has his own adventures.
As usual Hilary Green has written a brilliant book based on historical facts, the only one thing I will say about this book if you think you are going to get the same style of writing as in her previous books you will be disappointed. But I truly think this is a refreshing change for Hilary as this is a totally new style of writing and though this book is not as long as her earlier books, it still has as much action and excitement as all her earlier books which I loved and highly recommend also.
Daughters of War: Leonora Trilogy by Hilary Green is a book which I highly recommend as a very good book filled with everything that you want in a good historical fiction book which I loved to read and not only was it an excellent read but I learned so much from reading this book. I cannot wait until the next episode is published for the kindle in June when I can follow Leo in her next adventure and hopefully she will have more success in her romantic life.

4.0 out of 5 stars Another success story, 13 Mar 2012
This review is from: Daughters of War (The Leonora Trilogy) (Kindle Edition)
These war time accounts are very moving. I got quite caught up in the historical stuff, and took a while to get into the story and the characters, but it was worth it in the end and there is definitely a sense in which one will have to read all three books in order to reach a satisfactory conclusion. We do need to be very aware of the sacrifice that was made during the world wars, and the incredible bravery that was shown. Thank you Hilary.

3.0 out of 5 stars a simple read, 7 Jan 2014
Mrs. Ann Oxford Wright (England) - See all my reviews

4.0 out of 5 stars Good story line, 10 Aug 2013
This review is from: Daughters of War (The Leonora Trilogy) (Kindle Edition)
Good story pre First World War. Looking forward to the follow on, we'll written and thought through. I would recommend this book.

5.0 out of 5 stars First of the Trilogy, 26 May 2013
This review is from: Daughters of War (The Leonora Trilogy) (Kindle Edition)
I have read several of Hilary Greens books This has to be one of her best , could not put it down.I wasn't going to buy the next book because I thought it was to expensive , Unfortunately I 'm hooked cannot wait to find out what is .next for Leonora.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 13 Jan 2013
This review is from: Daughters of War (The Leonora Trilogy) (Kindle Edition)
Because the story was excellent and had so much fact within the story - very sad that all these brave people lived and died in in WW1

5.0 out of 5 stars Daughters of War, 30 Dec 2012
This review is from: Daughters of War (The Leonora Trilogy) (Kindle Edition)
Such an eye opening account of the horrors of war and very brave and courageous young women who changed the way for women.

5.0 out of 5 stars WW1 Trilogy, 17 Aug 2014