Top positive review
50 people found this helpful
Rihanna just gets better and better
on 23 December 2010
WOW ever since I got this album on the release date, I just can't stop listening to it. In my opinion, this is Rihannas best album, with every song being a potential hit.
1. S&M > A definite club banger. With naughty lyrics and a catchy beat, you will not be able to stop yourself moving to this song. A great opener to the album, which really gets you in the mood to party. If you liked "disturbia" then you will love this track. 10/10
2. Whats my name > The second single that was released from this album, featuring Drake . This song is a grower after a few plays. You won' be able to get it out of your head all day. 9/10
3. Cheers > This song is like marmite, you love it or you hate it. Some may find the Avril Lavigne sample odd, but in a roundabout way it works. This is a song to play before you go out on a friday night. 7/10
4. Fading > This track is probably the weakest song on the album, but nevertheless is a nice track . Rihanna sings of a relationship coming to an end, which is what many can relate to. 6/10
5.Only Girl > The first single from the album. And you can see why. This song has you singing and dancing along for weeks. 10/10
6. California King Bed > A beautiful ballad. It sounds like it could have been on her album "Rated R". Rihanna shows how her vocals have grown. 8/10
7.Man Down > This song is just pure greatness. You are fully reminded that Rihanna is Caribbean with this track, with a real island and "summer" feel. If you only listen to one song from this album, it has to be this. 10/10
8. Raining Men > Featuring Nikki Minaj, an uplifting song for all women out there with problems with men. It will have you dancing with your girlfriends and put in a good mood. 8/10
9. Skin > Possibly Rihannas most sexual song. The seductive tone and suggestive lyrics will definitely seduce you. The song is slower compared to most on the album, but it's a super sexy track. 10/10
10. Love the way you lie part 2- Part 2 to the hit track with Eminem, with mainly Rihannas vocals. Not as good as the original. 5/10
Overall, a nice solid album. A must buy!