5.0 out of 5 stars Very good for Skype
Published on 11 Aug. 2012 by ThamesAngle

3.0 out of 5 stars Sounds quality not as good as previous model
I had the PC38 headset before and that one had brilliant sounds quality. Since that model is not for sale anymore, I thought this one would be more or less the same one. But its probably a model cheaper because the sounds quality is average. Also no light in the USB connector, which is quite handy to know if its connected properly. Overall: its does work fine.
Published 18 months ago by George

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good for Skype, 11 Aug. 2012
This review is from: Sennheiser PC 8 USB Internet Telephony On-Ear Headset (Electronics)
As you would expect from a Sennheiser product, these headphones do their job very well. They were brought specifically for use with Skype for business, to replace an older headset that my fellow Skype users had started to complain about introducing noise into group calls. Switching to the Senheiser headset, there was an immediate and obvious improvement in the clarity of my speech judging by spontaneous comments I received. The headphones also have good audio and are certainly good enough for listening to streamed music. They are also comfy over prolonged periods of use. Recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars Light on the head, good audio quality for speakers and mike, well packaged., 14 April 2013
R. J. Samson (England) - See all my reviews
Bought as a replacement for my Logitech headset for gaming chat, had the previous hardware for several years and they finally got broken so needed a decent replacement. I already have a full 5.1 setup so wanted a headphone set that would complement the setup and still allow me to appreciate the in game sound while speaking with friends. This works great so far, unlike my closed cup Logitech the open backs of these allow more game sound to my ears while still proving clear voice communication. These are also nice and light, and unlike the former they don't seem to pinch my glasses against my ears leaving them sore after extended periods of use. Packaging was also great, there's certainly no way you'd get them out of the package without obliterating the packaging, so full confidence they're new and unopened. Finally plug and play on Windows 8 worked great, simply plugged them in and several seconds later all worked straight out of the box.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Sound Quality & True Plug-n-Play, 17 Oct. 2012
I ordered this headset to record decent quality audio for multi-media training. As soon as I plugged it in to my Windows 7 laptop, it worked almost immediately, overriding the laptop's built-in mic and speakers. In my opinion, the quality is far superior to that offered by cheaper headsets and therefore represents a sound investment!

5.0 out of 5 stars Does the Job, 17 Jan. 2013
Very good headset for Webinars. I prefer that it has a USB rather than audio jacks and the Mac I use recognises the device without any problems.
I also brought a cheaper pair of headphones with audio jacks from a different manufacturer but the mic didn't work so they went back and I have ordered a second one one of these. You get what you pay for!

5.0 out of 5 stars Very, very good., 8 Oct. 2012
I was introduced to this product while working for a global telecommunications company. We used it for all internal VOIP telephone conferences. I suspected the quality was mostly down to our back-end, but bought a set for home use with Skype. I am pleased to say that the quality is outstanding and people comment on the clarity of my voice, even when they are using a desktop mic & speaker set up. The received audio quality is excellent.

The short story is, with a decent internet connection, the quality is between 3G & toll quality voice. I can't give an exact MOS/MOPS score but it would be high.

If you use Skype regularly, this product is a no-brainer. Skype becomes a high performing tool and you will no longer resort to picking up your cell or a land-line because of poor quality. The weakest link may be people you are talking to's set up, but many of my contacts have now gone out and bought one of these headsets.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Headphones!, 30 Mar. 2013
Mrs. L. Evans - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)
I bought these for use with Skype and are great value for money. They are lightweight and very comfortable which is a definite plus!

Recommended.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good value for money, 23 Oct. 2012
Brought originally for use with voice active programs, but use it more for watching catch-up TV while my better half is soaking up the soaps. Overall they have been very good, the only critisism is that background sound is hardly muffled at all. That aside I have been very pleased with my purchase and would recomend these headphones for anyone wanting a basic headset. especially for use with 'Dragon Naturally Speaking'.

3.0 out of 5 stars Sounds quality not as good as previous model, 15 Oct. 2013

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome, 1 Dec. 2013
Great product. Very useful, no complaints from me, it works exactly as it should and I'm very happy with it! Sound is great and comfortable to wear. I use it with my PS3

5.0 out of 5 stars tough and comfortable and has good sound quality, 26 Nov. 2013
This little gadget has proven itself more than worth its weight in gold - if only for the pweace and quiet everyone else gets when it is in use.

It's light, tough and comfortable and has good sound quality, both for recording and for listening - the Sennheiser name is usually a guarantee of that anyway - and the long lead just needs to be untangled occasionally to keep things tidy since it doesn't come with a cord storage.

In use, you do need to bear in mind that this is a USB headset and so it sometimes needs to be selected as the output device (and input device) in some applications, especially if you start the app then put the headphones in - it is not quite as simple as an analogue device in that respect. But the additional audio source does mean that apps that require you to separate computer audio and speech (for mixing a voiceover for example) will find the extra channel allows you to adjust things in post production more easily. Bear that in mind and you will have no problems with this device and lots of happy use of it.