4.0 out of 5 stars Over and out...
Published on 29 April 2012 by techpuppy

1.0 out of 5 stars Not good
Published on 14 Nov. 2012 by Tim Plowright

4.0 out of 5 stars Over and out..., 29 April 2012
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
In a previous life I once had a job in a tech call centre and used to sit all day wearing a one-sided headset, so I can appreciate how uncomfortable these things can get after a while. Thankfully Sennheiser seem to appreciate that too and have made the PC7 headset very lightweight and comfy. It's almost too lightweight since it doesn't take much of a tug on the cable to dislodge it and, because the cable is only long enough to reach behind your desktop computer while you're sitting right in front of it, you have to quickly learn to accommodate the cable and its limits. The USB plug is slightly longer than normal, because it contains the digital~analogue convertor needed for USB audio, and I noticed it picked up occasional interference from my mobile phone if they were placed too close together, so you might have to make allowances for that too.

You'd expect a Sennheiser headset to have decent sound quality and it does, there's quite a full bass sound but treble is muted, although this might be to soften voices and make listening to lots of long phone-calls more bearable. The microphone isn't half bad either and, although not up to true hi-fi standards, it would be good enough to do a quick voiceover on your home videos or an amateur podcast. The inbuilt noise-cancelling will silence background noise while you're not talking and tries, not entirely successfully, to reduce it while you are. Note that the mic only moves up and down and you can't adjust it away from or closer to the face or alter the length of the stalk - although to be fair I never felt like I needed to.

The headset doesn't need any drivers to be installed, both Windows PC's and Mac's will automatically recognise it as an audio device when you plug it in, but you might need to check it's set as the default audio input and/or output device in your system settings to get things working properly. All together the Sennheiser PC7 is a well-made, good quality and comfortable headset for its intended purpose - making VOIP calls and using voice recognition or language software. It wouldn't be the best for gamers, who generally need to hear both sides of the stereo mix, but for all standard monaural audio tasks it's a really good choice.

5.0 out of 5 stars First rate quality at an affordable price, 18 May 2013
Dave M (Hampshire, England) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 500 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Sennheiser PC 7 USB Headset (Electronics)
I wear a headset for much of the working day as, working from home, I have an IP softphone on my work laptop.

My previous headset, by comparison, was far less comfortable and the sound quality, both receiving and for the microphone, was nowhere as good as these.

Lightweight, good quality, good sound quality, good price from a premium brand, you couldn't ask for more.

Recommended.

BTW - they also come as "Skype certified" and I can confirm that they are indeed good for Skype use :-)

4.0 out of 5 stars Budget telephony from a reputable brand, 4 May 2012
Clever Spud (Birmingham) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This is as basic as you can get - a mono headset with no physical volume or mic controls, so be sure to have the volume icon handy in the task bar and be careful when first used because this can get surprisingly loud.

The noise cancelling refers to the microphone, obviously, as by design one ear is left open so you can still hear what's going on around you - handy when collaborating over a call in the office. This feature seems to work fine, and if you record the output from the mike it plays back more than satisfactorily, and I certainly had no complaints from anyone I spoke to on Skype.

Sennheiser has become something of my go-to make for reliable, well-made head-sets and this is another fine example, but very much made to a price. The cable really could benefit from being another couple of feet longer - particularly noticeable when you're bending down from a seated position to fetch files from drawers etc., though obviously this will depend on where your PC is located. For instance, if you keep the main base unit tucked away against the wall, under your desk, you may need to buy a USB extension lead for it to reach.

Overall I'm satisfied with the sound and voice quality, but you do get what you pay for. Sennheiser as a brand is first rate in general.

4.0 out of 5 stars good headset, 3 May 2012
Su (England) - See all my reviews
(TOP 100 REVIEWER)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I use communication headsets when I am working on my computer and when I use the internet to talk to family and friends around the world (though it's mainly Australia and New Zealand).

I've had my set of Plantronics headphones for about 8 years and they have worked fine, but a couple of months ago I noticed that the cable by the earphones was exposed - so it is only a matter of time before they finally give out.

These Sennheiser USB communication headphones are plug and play - no need for any program download.

They take up a USB port, and there are only 2 slots on the front of my PC tower and the other slot is taken up by my Mouse. The problem would have been helped if the cable was capable of reaching round to the USB ports on the back of the tower, but it is extremely short.

I am used to a 6 foot long cable, and I've found that when I use these I would lean back in my chair, the cable would pull taught and the headset would come off. Another 12 inches (30 cm) of cable length would stop this from happening and another 24 inches would have allowed me to plug in my headset at the rear of the computer tower.

The other problem I have is the inability to position the microphone - the "stick" cannot be manipulated to move it closer to your face only up and down. This was been a problem when I was using voice software, but was resolved when I recalibrated the microphone settings - it is the first time I have had to do this since I installed the original software.

I have used the headset both for internet conversation and for my Dragon Naturally Speaking software and (with a little adjustment of the headset) it works well. The "pick-up" problem occurred with the Dragon and it is something that I have not had before, but once I had adjusted the headset position it picked up my voice well.

Overall a good headset I just wish the cable was longer and the microphone could be adjusted.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great for chatting whilst gaming., 8 Jun. 2014
This review is from: Sennheiser PC 7 USB Headset (Electronics)
Great little half headset. I use mine mostly for Air Traffic Control in FSX but it works just as well as a skype headset etc.

Volume is great and both the mic and headset produce very clear audio. Would have been nice to have a mic mute button somewhere on the headset or even the usual sennheiser thing of auto muting the mic when it is in the up position.

1.0 out of 5 stars Not good, 14 Nov. 2012
This review is from: Sennheiser PC 7 USB Headset (Electronics)
I ordered a set of these an the assumption that Senneheiser would have produced be a decent quality set of headphones at a reasonable price. I was wrong, the first pair produced no sound at all and were very uncomfortable on my (admittedly quite large) head. They were returned (handled brilliantly by Amazon) and replaced with a set that had so much crackling on the speaker that I could barely hear anything. These were also returned for a full refund (again handled very well by Amazon).

I now have a set of Plantronics Gamecom's which were a couple of pounds cheaper and actually work as advertised, providing good sound quality and microphone clarity for slightly...they are quite large though, so look a little excessive for someone not working in the music industry.

4.0 out of 5 stars Very good, 26 May 2014
C. J. Bennell (Telford, Shropshire United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Sennheiser PC 7 USB Headset (Electronics)
Quality of this product is very good and delivery service was excellent, as I had this sent as a gift to my friend in Russia and they were very happy with it. Worked straight out of the box.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good sound quality - ok quality, 31 May 2013
This review is from: Sennheiser PC 7 USB Headset (Electronics)
This is a great headset. It's lightweight and comfortable and it's good for me because my left ear is stronger for listening to audio.
It's not exactly high quality but at the same time it's not cheap tacky plastic.
I would recommend this headset but if you want a 2 - ear headset then my old cheap Microsoft life chat would be better for a few quid less.

Overall good but as stated, it lacks basic features such as a mute button or volume adjuster.

Happy buying.

4.0 out of 5 stars ***A GREAT and Reasonably Priced Headset!***, 9 Jan. 2013
This review is from: Sennheiser PC 7 USB Headset (Electronics)
Personally I thought that is was very comfortable and had good quality of sound (both me hearing and the person on the receiving end using Lync). The only negative is that there is no volume control and you can't swap which ear that it rests on - so not too sure this is the best choice for those needing to use it for long periods of time. For what you're paying for its great value for money

5.0 out of 5 stars I shall be hurd!, 20 Mar. 2015
This review is from: Sennheiser PC 7 USB Headset (Electronics)
Very comfortable and the sound quality is very good. I use this on my pc with a voip phone for work. I have used other headsets and had all sorts of problems but everyone can hear me perfectly on this. The only downside is the there is no mute or volume control on the headset itself but it does say that so it wasn't a suprise.

Sennheiser PC 7 USB Headset