5.0 out of 5 stars Fits perfectly for the need
Published 15 months ago by Luna

1.0 out of 5 stars Didn't work with my MacBook Pro
Not sure if it was broken or incompatible, but the mic didn't work. I plugged the headphones in... sounded great as you would expect Sennheiser to sound. Plugged in the mic, changed all the settings in the AudioMIDI Setup - external mic, boosted the input gain - and got nothing! Mind you I'm a recording engineer by trade, not a techno-numpty. I know how to get audio...
Published 11 months ago by Corbin Neal Miles

5.0 out of 5 stars Fits perfectly for the need, 19 Nov. 2013
Luna (A.R. Azores, Portugal) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Sennheiser PC 3 CHAT Lightweight Telephony On-Ear Headset (Electronics)
I have bought this headset primarily to replace my laptop microphone, which was unclear and annoying, specially when I make voice recordings on videos and presentations, and these just fit the bill perfectly. The microphone on these records the voice clearly and without any significant background noise on a reasonably quiet environment. About the sound quality of the headphone speakers, it isn't very nice but this isn't the kind of headphone that you buy to listen to music, but rather to make voip and video calls, so you can't fault it for that. If you want these particular headphones to listen to music or play games on your computers, this isn't the right pick for you. If your purpose is similar to mine, however, it won't leave you wishing for more!

5.0 out of 5 stars Good product !, 4 April 2013
Functional, good price, and works well with a desktop or a laptop.
It arrived on time and as described. I have had Sennheiser headsets in the past
and they have functioned well.
But be careful, they all have the same problem (all manufacturers), the wire connections
to the ear piece will NOT take any rough treatment, so any pulling or dragging of the
headset will result in a broken connection, so be warned, treat it nicely and it will treat
you to nice sounds !

5.0 out of 5 stars Competent product, 10 Dec. 2012
This is a basic product that does a competent job. I spend a lot of time on skype and the headset is comfortable to wear for 2+ hours. The microphone boom swivels so that it can be placed in line with the mouth, or can be turned up in line with the head strap for storage. The boom is rigid; I chose this on purpose as my last headset (logitech) had a flexible microphone boom which caused the connection to the microphone to break.

If it broke today, I'd buy another the same.

5.0 out of 5 stars comfortable to wear, 7 July 2014
I've been trying for ages to find a light, over the ear headset for my Windows phone because I do a lot of phone interviews sitting at my computer. I can't wear those in-the-ear 'buds' because my ears were obviously designed by a first year apprentice. I didn't want Bluetooth -- prefer simple corded connection. Most headsets have two connectors -- mike and ears -- and of course the phone only has one. Can't assume that splitters do the job -- they're made to accommodate two listeners. However, this headset is advertised on Amazon together with the Startech adapter so I took a chance on ordering both. I opened them very carefully fully expecting they'd have to go back. However, I plugged 'em in and they worked straight away. Clear as a bell speech and listening, comfortable to wear, reasonable total cost. The ideal solution if you do a lot of phone work sitting at a desk and need all the features of your smartphone. With a 3.5mm jack they fit my Nokia 1020 Windows phone, and I understand they work on iPhone, but don't take my word for that. iPhone is a bizarre world all of its own.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fine for me, perhaps not for the careless, 3 Jun. 2013
This is a lightweight headset. Fine for proper use although I would have preferred a more firm joining of the mouthpiece. Ensure that your 'sound' is properly set up for the headset, particularly, click on the box to enhance it if one is present.

4.0 out of 5 stars Sennheiser PC 3 Chat Headset, 13 Aug. 2012
I purchased this product mainly to use with Skype on my laptop. The headphones arrived quickly and were in very good condition. Both headphones and speakers operate well - very good value for money.

5.0 out of 5 stars Works like a dream, 24 Jun. 2013
Arrived quickly and packed superbly, just the right size to fit comfortably in the laptop case. Plugged in and no issues at all. Had other more expensive headsets but this one is as good as them.

5.0 out of 5 stars Lightweight & comfortable, 12 May 2013
I bought this for general use. It is lightweight and comfortable enough for use for long periods of time, and the microphone quality is excellent. You could spend more on a headset, but there is no need really. In practice the microphone works better than that of mics on headsets costing 3 times more. If you are on a budget, get this. You won't regret it.

5.0 out of 5 stars hello, 10 Dec. 2013
yes, many phones on the market, but these really are a fine set for sure.
clarity in speech & hearing. I would buy these again , and a fair price too ..

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, 19 May 2013
These headphones are excellent quality and I can wear them comfortably over a long period of time. Not easy to find when you are a glasses wearer.