5.0 out of 5 stars I think people must have not watched the same film as myself
I did not intend on watching this film at the cinema at all but as I went through the listing I realised it was the last showing available so it was an "oh well we'll watch that then" situation.

Published on 18 July 2011 by L. Woolridge

2.0 out of 5 stars Insightful, a social document
This film really had something to say. Apparently you have to wear your shirt outside your trousers and the right glasses to have a happy life. I think that was it.
Published on 7 July 2012 by Harry

5.0 out of 5 stars I think people must have not watched the same film as myself, 18 July 2011
L. Woolridge "Leewoo" (Stoke-On-Trent) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)
This review is from: Larry Crowne [Blu-ray] (Blu-ray)

I am SO glad that I did. The easiest way I can describe this film is the surprise film of the year for me. I go to the cinema Every week as I like to keep up with the latest movies and it Isn't often at all that a film so poorly advertised could turn out to be so good.

The surprise actor of this film is the young girl who plays the character Talia. She was a revelation and added such a great tone to the film. Tom Hanks yet again performing in a great role with some other brilliant actors. I can see why some people might not like this film because it Isn't Tom Hanks shouting "Wilson!" or "Life is like a box of chocolates." People do not realise that it doesn't need to be a huge film to be extremely enjoyable and light hearted.

The humour of this film was just ideal, obviously it wasn't Hangover laugh out loud funny, but it was enough to keep me and the girlfriend smiling throughout the film.

I Would recommend this to any big film watchers, and hopefully it will surprise you as much as it did me!

5.0 out of 5 stars Enjoyable, 11 July 2013
This review is from: Larry Crowne [DVD] (DVD)
Really enjoyed this film, real easy watching. Tom Hanks loses his job and goes back to college to start a fresh. Good characters, Good humour, light hearted.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant little film, 11 Aug 2013
Hannah Southworth (England, United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Larry Crowne [DVD] (DVD)
Really sweet film, I have always admired and loved Tom Hanks work in films, and this film doesnt let down. I wanted to see it in the theater but missed the chance, so got it on dvd instead. Very nice story and suporting cast shine as well.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great movie, 29 April 2013
This review is from: Larry Crowne [Blu-ray] (Blu-ray)
Just an all round feel good movie. I don't know why a lot of people have criticized this movie. There is really great chemistry between Tom Hanks and Julia Roberts. Great all round cast, great movie.

5.0 out of 5 stars very enjoyable, 26 Mar 2013
This review is from: Larry Crowne [Blu-ray] (Blu-ray)
Really enjoyable film. Both Tom Hanks and Julia Roberts for me are two of the best.Would recommend to any one who likes them.

5.0 out of 5 stars Feel good film, 25 Jan 2013
This review is from: Larry Crowne [DVD] (DVD)
Just one of those nice easy going films that leave you with that feel good factor at the end. Excellent acting with some really funny and quirky moments.

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely, gentle, funny and uplifting!, 17 Sep 2012
This review is from: Larry Crowne [DVD] (DVD)
I absolutely loved this film! It's not flashy or 'over the top' if that makes sense, It's charm is that it is a simple, gentle, heartwarming, feel good film that will make you smile and laugh and brighten up a dull and dismal winters afternoon.
Settle down with glass of something warming and enjoy!

2.0 out of 5 stars Insightful, a social document, 7 July 2012
Harry (Swansea, Wales) - See all my reviews

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful and touching, 24 Mar 2012
This review is from: Larry Crowne [DVD] (DVD)
The two characters in Larry Crowne - played by Tom Hanks (Larry) and Julia Roberts (Mercedes) - carry off a beautifully subtle and touching romantic comedy. The setting of Larry's redundancy and Mercedes dissappointing marriage make it rich in human understanding: a film you'll think about a lot afterwards. Perhaps you need to have lived a little to appreciate the joy and hope this film brings, much better to see it now (aged 41) than at 20. Also, you'll love George Takei (the actor who played 'Mr Sulu')... his small part is a real treat :)

1.0 out of 5 stars the worst Hanks ever, 14 April 2012
This review is from: Larry Crowne [Blu-ray] (Blu-ray)
The worst film by Tom Hanks I have ever seen, by far. Clint Eastwood made a spectacularly successful shift from acting to directing, but Hanks, so far, did not.

This was a boring movie, I could not wait for it to end. No real story to speak of, no pathos, no drama, no fun, no real message escept the obvious one about restarting your life when you get fired. Acting is banal, predictable, unnatural. Two high quality stars such as Hanks and Roberts, I thought, would guarantee a worthwhile night. They usually do. Not this time.

Larry Crowne [Blu-ray] [2001] [US Import]
Larry Crowne [Blu-ray] [2001] [US Import] by Tom Hanks (Blu-ray - 2011)
9.01