5.0 out of 5 stars Best PSP ever - and contender for best in breed graphics package!
PaintShop Pro - must surely now be the best in class.

First thing I noticed about the latest version of PaintShop Pro is that it is called just that - the 'Photo' that was introduced at version X1 has been dropped! Common sense prevails!

When I upgraded to Corel PaintShop Photo Pro X3 (PC DVD) (from Paint Shop Pro 8) I was concerned that the package...
Published on 24 Oct 2011 by The Fat Monk

3.0 out of 5 stars Latest and Greatest(?)
I must admit that I'm not what you would call an expert user of PaintShop Pro, but since I was already familiar with previous editions of the software it just made sense to me that once the upgrade was available that I would go for the update.

I never had any issues using earlier PaintShop Pro versions on my Windows 7 PC but apparently quite a lot of users did...
Published on 22 Sep 2011 by Sockymon

1.0 out of 5 stars Corel cannot be bothered to support, 14 Jan 2012
This review is from: PaintShop Pro X4 Ultimate (PC) (CD-ROM)
Well, I've had PSP X4 since October 2011, and it still doesn't understand the photo's take by my Sony camera (just about every other piece of software out there does). As such it's useless!

If you are planning to use this software to work on raw camera files, don't bother unless you are using either a Canon or Nikon!

1.0 out of 5 stars Does not work with old Athlon XP Processors., 23 Jan 2012
This review is from: PaintShop Pro X4 Ultimate (PC) (CD-ROM)
The program fails to load a module called corecolormgr.dll. This is because it is complied to use SSE2 instructions that are not present on older processors. No sign of Corel sorting the problem. Contacted support, they know of the problem, have not entered it into their knowledge database. Their system requirements for the product does not mention any limitations. In all I am sure Corel will do absolutely nothing. Read their EULA, it did make me smile, the onus on the user and restrictions were many, the onus on them to supply a product that would run on a machine to their minimum spec; none.

UPDATE: This problem finally decided me to abandon my desktop unit for good and got hold of a old 17inch laptop to do this sort of work on. (I expect tablet will be the future?) Used a program called CPUID to check that the processor had SSE2 capability and the program loaded no problem. I have not used it enough to make any sensible comments on X4, but seemed to be speedy enough, i.e I did not see any significant delays in operating once loaded.

3.0 out of 5 stars Be careful your camera is supported in RAW format, 21 Mar 2012
G. P. Bartley "Xiedphdf" (Hilversum, The Netherlands) - See all my reviews
This review is from: PaintShop Pro X4 Ultimate (PC) (CD-ROM)
Got a Panasonic GX1? I do. Unlucky. GX1 RAW format is not supported, even though the blurb says that RW2 is suppported. Turns out that there's a specific RW2 format for each camera. Normally in these circumstances I'd say well that's my fault for not looking, but in this case I won't as I looked and looked on the Corel site for a camera list, couldn't find it, instead just getting the "RW2 supported message". Bought it anyway. Turns out there is one buried in there, that I found via Google. So, I'm sure this is a nice product, but without RAW support its all a bit pointless, hence, 1 star as I wouldn't have bought it if I'd known.

I'll wait a bit and see if they do release a patch for the GX1. Note: Elements 10 does support it. Elements 9 (that I bought 3 just months ago) does not and will never "officially", but there is a workaround avaialble to get it to. Oh dear, oh dear...

UPDATE 7/4/12 - in action, this is also very slow. I'm comparing it against Paintshop 8, but this thing takes an age to load. I've now bought an SSD which brings it back to tolerable performance. I'm on a 4GHz/8GB/water cooled PC, so not slow generally...

UPDATE 20/6/12 - GX1 RAW update now available and works. Hence, gone up to 3 stars from the original one. Still slow though.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 20 Aug 2014
great

4.0 out of 5 stars Very Versatile Photo-editing Software, 20 Sep 2011
Pat Campbell (UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
This review is from: PaintShop Pro X4 Ultimate (PC) (CD-ROM)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This software comprises of two discs, which take approximately ten minutes to load. It loaded up well with my Windows 7 operating system. I have a little experience with other photo-editing software, so I was keen to try this one. Firstly it does look a little complicated but there is a good booklet included which breaks down all of the component parts, such as managing your photos, editing and adjusting.

All the details of the images is plainly seen so you know what you are dealing with. So far I am impressed, as it's a good all-in-one package and clear and easy to use compared to some other more well-known photo-editing suites. I mainly use the editing for straightening, cropping and altering contrast etc....The layers and effects are pretty good and with practice I am getting better. I keep discovering more applications each time I use it. I've also been able to upload images to the internet fairly easily, which is a bonus. I particularly like the smoothing tool to make skin look smoother and clearer (!) and also the HDR applications for making dynamic shots from bracketed photographs.

I am pretty impressed with Corel's Paintshop Pro X4 Ultimate, as it helps me work on my photographs easily and as everything is in this one software package it makes life much simpler. I'm pleased with the results and it will definitely help me with my artwork.My boyfriend who is a real pro with photo suites thinks this is well worth getting as it has many applications but is fairly straight forward to to use.

4.0 out of 5 stars competitive to the leading brand!!!!, 26 July 2012
This review is from: PaintShop Pro X4 Ultimate (PC) (CD-ROM)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
It may not be as good as the leading brand and so expensive as the leading brand that most people use and desire but with
this one can be competitive and brings a good result. it may takes a lot of time to know how to use it but its also can be computer friendly that you dont need a rocket scientist to use it.

4.0 out of 5 stars Pas mal, 25 May 2012
This review is from: PaintShop Pro X4 Ultimate (PC) (CD-ROM)
PaintShop Pro C'est pas mal mais j'ai acheté videostudio aussi ca c'est horrible mon avis ne plus penser à ca.

1.0 out of 5 stars rubbish, 1 Feb 2012
This review is from: PaintShop Pro X4 Ultimate (PC) (CD-ROM)
just installed this rubbish and it takes me back 30 yrs.
example it says "use the makeover toolbar on tool bar but both are imossible to find and THERE IS NO LINK!!"
G

PaintShop Pro X4 Ultimate (PC)
PaintShop Pro X4 Ultimate (PC) by Corel (Windows 7 / Vista / XP)
Used & New from: 59.50