5.0 out of 5 stars Best PSP ever - and contender for best in breed graphics package!
PaintShop Pro - must surely now be the best in class.

First thing I noticed about the latest version of PaintShop Pro is that it is called just that - the 'Photo' that was introduced at version X1 has been dropped! Common sense prevails!

When I upgraded to Corel PaintShop Photo Pro X3 (PC DVD) (from Paint Shop Pro 8) I was concerned that the package...
Published on 24 Oct. 2011 by The Fat Monk

3.0 out of 5 stars Latest and Greatest(?)
I must admit that I'm not what you would call an expert user of PaintShop Pro, but since I was already familiar with previous editions of the software it just made sense to me that once the upgrade was available that I would go for the update.

I never had any issues using earlier PaintShop Pro versions on my Windows 7 PC but apparently quite a lot of users did...
Published on 22 Sept. 2011 by Sockymon

‹ Previous | 19 10 11 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars Still fighting for Photoshop's crown, 24 Feb. 2012
David Burton "aenikata" (London, UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
PaintShop Pro was always the second-rate competitor to Photoshop, and in some ways that hasn't changed. It's still not considered in quite the same light as Photoshop. However, for an enthusiast rather than a professional digital artist, there's a lot to recommend it. It's got full support for layers, has numerous filters to apply, and has various adjustments that you can perform to get the most out of your photos and digital creations. Effects like HDR are most appealing here as they offer the potential to really create impressive photo output.
It also delves into areas that Photoshop doesn't really go - with a fair support for adding vector items, too. I don't think this side should really be emphasised too much, as it doesn't really compare to a full vector art package, but it's good to have some options here.
I can't really say that I felt it was a massive advance over the previous version, however, so given that you're likely to be looking at PhotoShop if budget is a concern (and you're therefore not using the de facto standard Photoshop), then it's probably worth considering picking up a cheap copy of PhotoShop X3 instead, as that can be bought for quite a lot less.

5.0 out of 5 stars Does all I want it to and a bit more., 13 Feb. 2012
This review is from: PaintShop Pro X4 Ultimate (PC) (CD-ROM)
I have been using paint shop for several years and although all of my camera club friends seem addicted to photoshop I have found my results as good as theirs and in my opinion easier to achieve.Paint shop is also considerably cheaper
Corel offered me this upgrade from X2 and I was tempted. Then I checked with Amazon and found it on sale at half the price that Corel were promoting.Too good to miss.
The new version simplifies RAW processing and the additional 'plug ins'included in the pack are worth the upgrade.
I have also found a series of excellent tutorials available on the net which you can download to study at leisure.
It appears that some features similar to 'Light Room' have also been added to this new version.
It did develop a 'glitch' which required a reinstall but was probably the result of me trying to be too clever.

Overall I would say that for the advanced amateur this photo processing software provides all that you are likely to need and at bargain price.

4.0 out of 5 stars Paintshop Pro X4, 19 Jan. 2012
This review is from: PaintShop Pro X4 Ultimate (PC) (CD-ROM)
This is a great improvement over the X3 version which froze too often.
The X4 version is a great improvement and has some really nice features.
I have only given this 4 stars as I learn to use more of the features.

5.0 out of 5 stars A good comprehensive suite of photo editing tools, 8 Nov. 2011
Glasgow Dreamer (Glasgow Scotland) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I first used PaintShop Pro over a decade ago, a free version from a magazine cover CD, and I managed to keep it reasonably up to date (one release behind) for a couple of years by updating using more cover CDs, until the company producing the software changed from JASC to Corel. As far as I could see, two things then happened - the product became exponentially more complicated almost overnight, and the legitimate upgrades through magazines seemed to dry up, being replaced by severely limited versions or mere demos.

So I moved on to other photo-editing packages, and this is my first experience with PaintShop Pro for about eight years at least. I found this relatively simple to use, far more intuitive than I remember, although admittedly I was doing nothing more complicated than tidying up a few snaps, cropping, re-sizing, removing red-eye, etc.

It does seem quite obvious that I am only scratching the surface of what this software can do, and a quick look through the clear and concise manual confirms this, there are literally dozens of tasks which can be performed (or attempted, if you're an amateur like me!) using this comprehensive suite of tools.

Overall, there is probably too much in here for the average amateur, or even the average holiday photographer, but it certainly did everything I wanted it to do simply and straightforwardly, and I never felt lost, as long as I stuck to the basics. I am sure that even better, more advanced, or more experimental photographers than I would also find everything they need here.

5.0 out of 5 stars Well worth getting, 5 Nov. 2011
Mr. Jon Forster "sensor" (London, England) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
If you have a camera and you want to produce better looking photos then I'd get this product.

I have used differerent photo software and I have found them confusing. This is simple to use but gives you a lot of options. you can either use the numerous 'wizards' or can delve into the details and get very sophisticated in what you are doing.This means you can use it more and more but not get put off by complexity when you first use it

So, in summary - if you want to enhance oyur photos then get this

1.0 out of 5 stars Corel cannot be bothered to support, 14 Jan. 2012
This review is from: PaintShop Pro X4 Ultimate (PC) (CD-ROM)
Well, I've had PSP X4 since October 2011, and it still doesn't understand the photo's take by my Sony camera (just about every other piece of software out there does). As such it's useless!

If you are planning to use this software to work on raw camera files, don't bother unless you are using either a Canon or Nikon!

3.0 out of 5 stars Be careful your camera is supported in RAW format, 21 Mar. 2012
G. P. Bartley "Xiedphdf" (Hilversum, The Netherlands) - See all my reviews
This review is from: PaintShop Pro X4 Ultimate (PC) (CD-ROM)
Got a Panasonic GX1? I do. Unlucky. GX1 RAW format is not supported, even though the blurb says that RW2 is suppported. Turns out that there's a specific RW2 format for each camera. Normally in these circumstances I'd say well that's my fault for not looking, but in this case I won't as I looked and looked on the Corel site for a camera list, couldn't find it, instead just getting the "RW2 supported message". Bought it anyway. Turns out there is one buried in there, that I found via Google. So, I'm sure this is a nice product, but without RAW support its all a bit pointless, hence, 1 star as I wouldn't have bought it if I'd known.

I'll wait a bit and see if they do release a patch for the GX1. Note: Elements 10 does support it. Elements 9 (that I bought 3 just months ago) does not and will never "officially", but there is a workaround avaialble to get it to. Oh dear, oh dear...

UPDATE 7/4/12 - in action, this is also very slow. I'm comparing it against Paintshop 8, but this thing takes an age to load. I've now bought an SSD which brings it back to tolerable performance. I'm on a 4GHz/8GB/water cooled PC, so not slow generally...

UPDATE 20/6/12 - GX1 RAW update now available and works. Hence, gone up to 3 stars from the original one. Still slow though.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 1 Jan. 2015
great

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 20 Aug. 2014
great

4.0 out of 5 stars Very Versatile Photo-editing Software, 20 Sept. 2011
P Campbell (UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This software comprises of two discs, which take approximately ten minutes to load. It loaded up well with my Windows 7 operating system. I have a little experience with other photo-editing software, so I was keen to try this one. Firstly it does look a little complicated but there is a good booklet included which breaks down all of the component parts, such as managing your photos, editing and adjusting.

All the details of the images is plainly seen so you know what you are dealing with. So far I am impressed, as it's a good all-in-one package and clear and easy to use compared to some other more well-known photo-editing suites. I mainly use the editing for straightening, cropping and altering contrast etc....The layers and effects are pretty good and with practice I am getting better. I keep discovering more applications each time I use it. I've also been able to upload images to the internet fairly easily, which is a bonus. I particularly like the smoothing tool to make skin look smoother and clearer (!) and also the HDR applications for making dynamic shots from bracketed photographs.

I am pretty impressed with Corel's Paintshop Pro X4 Ultimate, as it helps me work on my photographs easily and as everything is in this one software package it makes life much simpler. I'm pleased with the results and it will definitely help me with my artwork.My boyfriend who is a real pro with photo suites thinks this is well worth getting as it has many applications but is fairly straight forward to to use.

‹ Previous | 19 10 11 | Next ›

PaintShop Pro X4 Ultimate (PC)
PaintShop Pro X4 Ultimate (PC) by Corel (Windows 7 / Vista / XP)
Used & New from: £60.00