on 20 May 2012
Had this for a month now and totally thrilled with it.It basically does what it says on the tin and more. The touch screen thing is a bit of a gimmick because unless you have a strong back you wouldn't want to keep leaning forward to use it.The screen is brilliantly lit, the colours are as good as my TV. The machine works perfectly fast.
If you bought one of these or similar, the first thing for you to do us unload all the rubbish that is pre-loaded on it. My there's loads of it!! It is really nice not to have the ugly tower by the screen and there is a minimum of wires and leads to be seen.
I WILL NOT BUY ANYTHING FROM ACER AGAIN. Here's why.. I opened the box, set everything up and all was fine until I wanted to use the key board. The left hand quadrant didn't work. I contacted Acer customer services (or not as it turned out) and told them about the problem. Thay quite simply didn't want to know and said I had to "post the key board back to them so they could investigate the hardware failure before we can replace it". I reminded them I had taken delivery of the PC only a few hours earlier but it didn't matter they wanted it back. Up to 2 weeks would be the turn around time. I was gutted!! I called Amazon customer services. Amazon was spot on. I am so happy with Amazon's response, they gave me a refund (£50)to the value of a new Microsoft wireless Key board and mouse. We now buy everything we can through Amazon because we have the knowledge that Amazon is top of their game for customer services. ACER TAKE A LESSON FROM AMAZON!!
I would have awarded this 5* but for the poor customer service I recieved from the manufacturer!!
on 15 May 2012
Acer Aspire Z5801 All-In-One Desktop PC (Intel Core i5-2400 Processor, 4 GB RAM, 1 TB HDD, Digital TV Tuner, NVIDIA GT520, Windows 7 Home Premium) with 24 inch Multi Touch Screen Monitor
Fantastic machine.
Not entirely accurate in specification but nothing major.
The processor is 2400s, the dvd/cd player/writer is a slot load, not as shown in picture.Also not blueray.
Otherwise, great!
User guide supplied is rubbish, tells you very little about the computer.
They don't tell you that you have to do a full back-up on disk before you start to use the computer!
Otherwise, if you have a failure, you will have to purchase recovery disks from Acer.
Also, reading the write up, you are led to believe that the Acer touch software is installed. It isn't. You have to purchase it.
There is some Microsoft touch software included.
All that aside, if you want a powerful, easy to use computer at a reasonable price...This is it!

July 2012
I've now been using this computer for three months and have additional comments.
Forget what I said about the touch software apps not being included. They are! You just have to know how to find them.
Launch 'Clearfi' and it's not too difficult to figure out how to use them,, although I don't fancy your chances if you are new to computers.
Again, it all comes down to the terrible 'user guide'.
The graphics are excellent when playing games. The NVIDIA GT520 runs most games at a good frame rate and if, like me, you are into Flight sims, FSX runs beautifully with a load of scenic additions from Aerosoft. and Just Flight.
All in all, an excellent computer, well worth the money.
But, come on Acer. Do something about the lousy user guide!
on 8 October 2012
I am very disappointed with this product. After about one month this PC broke down. I informed the seller who told me that because they only had a 30 day money back guarantee on this PC, it was no longer their responsibilty, and I had to contact the manufacturer (who in this case is ACER). I had all the hassle of sending this very big PC back to ACER, who returned it to me after about a week - they said they had to change the HDD, the keyboard, the mouse (and other things I can't recall) - which suggests this computer was in fact faulty when I purchased it. So I thought Great!...if ACER has changed all the essential computer components, nothing else could possibly go wrong. However the next problem to arise was the built in slimline CD-ROM drive. I noticed that any CD's I inserted into it where either getting stuck in the computer, or when they ejected, were simply "thrown out" at lightning speed (many of my discs ended up on the floor). I had to send this very big computer back to ACER once again when a CD got permanently stuck inside the CD-ROM Drive. My PC was returned to me this morning, and Guess What? The problem has not been corrected! They claim to have changed the CD optical Drive; but as I started to record my discs again today, another disc got stuck inside the PC. Yet again I must send this huge PC back to ACER (for the third time)for exactly the same repair. I suggested that ACER simply replace this computer with a new one, but they told me that was the responsibilty of the seller. I informed ACER about In2Digital's conditions of sale but ACER were not interested. I would personally not buy anything else from this seller because as far as I'm concerned In2Digital sold me a faulty product and then just passed on the problem to ACER. Don't take the risk!
33 comments8 of 8 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 11 June 2012
I was looking for a computer with a decent sized screen at a reasonable price and that is what I got. It works fine. Not too sure about the Acer specific programs, they just seem to get in the way. It has enough memory to last me several lifetimes and I don't really use the touch screen ( I stopped using that when I realised the plug in for the mouse and keyboard was hiding inside the mouse).The instructions are just a few not very helpful pictures.
on 13 March 2012
This computer is the best i have seen in a long time.The only thing that spoils the whole experiance is no software included that i could find.
11 comment9 of 11 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 14 August 2014
I have had this machine for just over the two years so had to pay to have it repaired when everything went blank. Since when all seems to be well EXCEPT when doing a restart it is necessary to power-off and -on. Even my tame whizz-kids who did the repair found this and could uncover no solution either from Acer or the web. They did come across several other posts about the problem but no solutions. Their suggestion is that there maybe a BIOS problem but they could get no response from Acer. I completely agree with other reviewers about the "user manual" which is about as much use as a chocolate teapot!
on 17 June 2012
excellent value for money, delivery within two days. easy to set up and does what we wanted from a computer. screen size is very good as i am partially sighted.
on 20 February 2013
Once again I purchased this pc as I thought the touch screen would be easy to use with me having Parkinsons and it has proved to be so
on 14 July 2014
Super computer really fast & have had 3 year nearly no problems what so ever.
on 23 May 2012
supurb picture, nice to use, BUT wifi keyboard will not work.
Wifi mouse A.o.k.
incomplete user instructions, even a I.T. boffin is baffled.
Need replacement.
22 comments1 of 2 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse