5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful cover and perfect fit
This cover is beautiful and I'm so glad I ordered it rather than wait for the far more expensive Amazon lighted cover which is out of stock at the moment, with no indication of when it will arrive.

The Marware is not real leather but a very good looking substitute, which looks far more expensive than it is and is substantial enough to offer good protection...
Published on 18 Oct 2011 by bookworm13

3.0 out of 5 stars There is better for less
The outer shell on the one I received wasn't pulled tight, so it sort of bulges up like a badly fitted carpet, not sure if this is like it on all of these, so I have to rate it on how I find it.

The inner shell is a nice soft material and the anchor points work well with the Kindle being held snugly with no danger of it falling out if dropped. The case closure...
Published 23 months ago by SBno1

‹ Previous | 1 2 318 | Next ›

1.0 out of 5 stars Marware Atlas Kindle Cover, 11 Jan 2013
Sanjay (Leicester) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Marware Atlas Kindle Cover, Black (fits Kindle Paperwhite, Kindle and Kindle Touch) (Accessory)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I own a regular old Kindle (without keyboard) & wanted a simple protective case. I find many dedicated cases very overpriced & the £27 price tag was rather steep for something that only cost me around £80.
The item itself came in a neat eco-packaging envelope. This certainly isn't real leather as it does feel rather plasticky to me

The inside is a nice suede effect with 4 elasticated straps to hold-in your Kindle. This case is a little slimmer & lighter than many others, which is a benefit.

Overall it does the job and has a nice feel but at £27 is certainly is pricey... especially is it's not leather.
It's OK but there are better cases out there for the same or a little more money.
EDIT 26/08/13
After only light usage the case is literally falling to pieces! The soft "leather" skin is torn & now looks terrible.

4.0 out of 5 stars Slim and fits well, but a bit pricey and feels slightly flimsy, 4 Jan 2013
roses (UK) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This is very much a minimalist cover that does not add weight or bulk, and fits both the Kindle Paperwhite and Kindle Touch. The exterior has a leather effect which feels soft to the touch. The interior is made of a suede lining which keeps the Kindle clean and dust free. The cover is fitted via four elasticated corner straps, all of which have a front facing leather effect covering. This ensures that the Kindle is secure and the elastic straps are holding the Kindle properly. The inside of the front cover has a large elasticated handle which you can use to hold the Kindle whilst reading, or storing loose bits of paper. Under all practical considerations this cover lives up to expectations, it is slim, lightweight and holds the Kindle securely. However I was slightly disappointed with the rigidity of the cover. It flexes like a stiff cardboard, and I also didn't like how I could feel the exterior cover separating from the structure when opening and closing. Other than the minor aesthetic niggles, this cover is practical enough to protect your Kindle, but I do believe given the pros and cons, it's a bit on the pricey side.

Edit Dec 2013: After daily use I'm starting to see some wear and tear. I tend to fold over the front cover and am now seeing breakages in the surface along the spine. The hole is getting caught every so often which is making it bigger. Corners are now scuffing very easily which is making the cover look tatty.

4.0 out of 5 stars Handsome Cover, 22 Nov 2012
Alexander Bryce (Scotland) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)    (VINE VOICE)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This protective cover looks and feels good. My kindle fits perfectly and effortlessly and I feel a bit more confident when using it at the beach for example. My wife likes the added protection to the screen when she stuffs the kindle into her overcrowded handbag.
There is a handy , pun intended , loop to give a secure one handed grip when in use or being carried. It is light and hardly increases the overall size of the kindle when fitted. Only 4 stars ....well I have seen better, but at a much higher cost so for the price this is a first class product.

4.0 out of 5 stars Attractive, functional, safe cover for Kindle, 17 Nov 2012
JK "J. K." (UK) - See all my reviews
(TOP 50 REVIEWER)    (VINE VOICE)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Nice looking and functional cover for Kindle offering the usual features: elastic corners to hold your Kindle safely, an elastic strip to hold the cover open and a soft inner lining which prevents scratching and adds a small amount of padding in case of droppage.

The Marware cover is synthetic but looks like leather and is a perfect fit though somewhat larger than my current BELKIN cover.

There are two features that set the Marware cover apart from others I've used:

1. There's a strap inside the back cover. You slide your hand through and the case fits safely against the palm of your hand which means you don't have to grip, massive bonus if you suffer from arthritis or any other inflammatory disease, and makes it almost impossible to drop your Kindle.

2. Marware are working on making their production process as environmentally friendly as possible and are committed to ECO issues which is always a bonus.

Sophisticated cover, looks as though it cost a lot more money, I'm happy to recommend.

5.0 out of 5 stars ideal, 8 Feb 2012
A nice soft tidy cover which does exactly what it should in keeping Kindle clean and doesnt get in the way when reading - in fact it has a bit that you can slide you hand into which is rather handy.

5.0 out of 5 stars Marware Atlas Kindle Cover, Black, 7 Feb 2012
Bought this as part of a present to go with a Kindle I purchased for Christmas. Made up my mind after reading other reviews. The most important factors were price and fit. Both turned out to be perfect. My wife is delighted.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, 2 Feb 2012
This is a great accessory for my kindle - I wanted a plain practical cover to protect my Kindle when in my bag etc. I did not require an 'all singing all dancing' cover so this is understated and practical - which fits the bill perfectly!

4.0 out of 5 stars Good product but slightly expensive, 31 Dec 2012
Bantam Dave (Bradford, UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 500 REVIEWER)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I have no complaints whatsoever with this Kindle cover. It is strong and well made and looks as though it will endure no end of daily use and the occasional accidental battering. It is made of a material which although I am told is not leather, certainly looks like it is. The inside of the case is made of a dark grey material that closely resembles suede, but once again I am informed is not suede. The cover can be kept closed when not in use by a elastic strap which is attached, and this seems to work well enough. The inside cover also has a small elasticated flap into which the user can slide his/her fingers to enable them to keep a good grip of their Kindle. Again this is seems to work well although I personally don't think I will make use of it that often as it felt slightly uncomfortable.

Although I have only had it a short while and therefore cannot accurately assess its durability I would not doubt that this is a good product.

The problem that I have though is that it seems rather expensive. Maybe I wouldn't have said that had I not for the previous twelve months been using another cover on my Kindle that I was perfectly happy with that appears to be no better nor no worse than the Marware Atlas cover. The only real difference I could see was that I had purchased the previous cover for approximately a quarter of the cost.

In the interests of fairness I feel that it is only right that to comment that I have also seen other Kindle covers on sale which make the Marware cover seem comparatively reasonably priced.

5.0 out of 5 stars Protecting My New Toy, 20 May 2012
This cover isn't leather, so it is quite pricey, but I think it is worth it because it does look and feel like it is good quality.

It is very comfortable to hold because it is nice and squashy, whilst feeling sturdy enough to keep my Kindle well protected. The Kindle fits into the cover really easily. There are four little elastic pieces on each corner of the inside of the cover that you simply slide the Kindle into. They are quite a snug fit, which is good because it holds the Kindle in place perfectly. I haven't even felt it budge a millimetre so far and the elastic feels and looks to be strong enough that it will last. The elastic pieces are doubly good because they mean that very little of the device is covered. It certainly doesn't impeach on any of the buttons in any way, making it completely functional. In fact you hardly even notice that it is not part of the Kindle itself. I though it may make it difficult to press the buttons at the side that turn the pages backwards and forwards, but thankfully this is not at all the case.

One of the best things about the cover is that it folds over the Kindle to make it a bit like reading a traditional book. I think it makes it feel more comfortable and familiar. Coupled with the fact that it is so comfortable to hold, it makes taking the step from normal to E- book a lot easier - it's just a shame they can't make it smell like the pages of a book!!

The cover has another elastic strap that hooks over the front of it when it is closed to hold it in place, like a folio folder. Again this one is quite snug and sturdy and does a fine job. It can also be used to hold the front cover open. On the inside of the front cover there is an elasticated panel that is meant to be a holding strap for when you turn the cover backwards. I can't quite understand the purpose of this, I can only assume that is designed to be easy to hold if you are trying to read in an awkward place - I have read some say it is handy on the Tube for example. I have tried to hold it this way and my hand does fit into the grip comfortably, but it is just as easy for me to hold the book in the usual way so I doubt that I will ever use it like this. I am also slightly concerned that it would damage the spine of the case.

The only problem I have found with the cover is that it gets very hot in the sun, but I'm not sure if this is just the black one that I have.

It is pricey, but I think it is worth it because it does look and feel expensive and fit for purpose. I think it would have been a shame to waste money on an inadequate case that wouldn't offer the protection that this one does. Plus, with a life time warranty, you know it is good for life.

3.0 out of 5 stars Does the work, but a bit loose, 27 Jan 2012
First of all, a bit dissapointed by the available covers for the new Kindle. I would buy a more expensive version if it is better than this one. Thought about makine one by myself, eventually gave up the idea......
Well, go back to this cover.

Pros:
- Kindle device fits well and tight in the cover;
- The elastic band hold the cover well, and can be used as a grip.
Cons:
- The quality is OK - but I can tell from the first look it's not leather.
- It's a bit big - when the cover is closed, it loosely fits, like a people wearing big shoes.

Overall, it's OK, 3.5 star