1,605 Reviews

3.0 out of 5 stars Great at the price point
Published 1 day ago by Nick

5.0 out of 5 stars Love 'em, 16 Nov 2011
This review is from: SoundMAGIC E10 Earphones - Black/Red (Electronics)
Nice set of cans. I once spent £90 on a pair of Shures only to find that they didn't sound anywhere near as great as expected so I'm no longer prepared to spend silly money on something that for hygiene reasons you can't really try before you buy. I've been through a few of the usual budget options: Sennheiser CX300 (pretty good), Klipsch X1 (not bad) and Skullcandy Titans (not great) and these SoundMagics beat them all hands down. They have a lovely, warm, powerful sound. Volume is good, bass is deep and rich but doesn't overpower the mids and treble, sonic detail is impressive across every genre of music I've thrown at them so far (everything from pre-war blues to filthy dubstep). I've only had them a few days so it's a bit early to comment on build quality but they seem nice and sturdy; the earpieces, jack attachment and the collar where the wires split are all metal and seem robust. Mine came with 7 different options of ear buds (rather than the usual 3 that most manufacturers seem to supply) which is great as finding the correct fit makes a big difference to the sound of in-ear 'phones. Tempted to buy a 2nd pair for spare.

5.0 out of 5 stars Top notch earphones delivering amazing sound quality, 21 April 2014
Antoine Camilleri - See all my reviews
(HALL OF FAME REVIEWER)    (TOP 10 REVIEWER)
This review is from: SoundMAGIC E10 Earphones - Black/Red (Electronics)
The SoundMagic E10 are one of the best sub £80 earphones I have tried. Great build quality, reflecting great attention to detail in design and performance. The included stylish carry case (as per listing) comes in handy for stowing away the earphones.

The E10s feel so premium, thanks to their stylish looks and durable materials, also reflected in the sturdy ridged cable (to minimise tangling). The drivers are housed in a snazzy metal shell, and the ridges along the cable prevent it from tangling. The great looks are matched by awesome sound quality. The E10's deliver amazing crisp sound with excellent balance from treble to bass whilst retaining loads of detail.

Even though these earphones sport a slightly open back design, they barely leak any sound at all.

• As WHAT Hi-Fi? put it "The E10s look and sound like they're worth much more than which makes them an absolute steal". And I couldn't agree more!

Did I say that I love these earphones? :)

Highly recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best budget sound I have ever heard, 6 Jun 2013
So I bought these a few weeks ago and have been using them a lot. In a word they are awesome.

The good points?

1. Rich, deep, bass. Sounds great with rock and metal. You hear people talk about buying great new earphones and all their favourite tracks sound different. The E10s will do that if you are coming from a budget pair - I heard greater depth, new words and minor variations in bass sounds I hadn't picked up on using budget (£40) Sennheiser's . Prior to that I had a pair of high range Skull Candy's I got in a 70% off sale. Those earphones were 5 times the price and sure, they sounded better than the E10s, but only just.

2. Robustness. These seem like heavy-duty earphones with a virtually indestructible cable and robust ear-pieces. After my Skull Candy's went gaga in one ear I ripped the cable from the connector all too easily. The E10s haven't tried my patience, yet, but they would definitely put up a better fight.

3. Practicality. For me the biggest point. I have had many earphones and all of them tended to slip just a little when moving around. The design of these buds means that most of the weight is resting on the ear and not on the cable, thus they tend to stay in place better. There is a also a simple little clip on the cable you can attach to clothing and a thing that adjusts the length of the cable between the ear piece and where the cable forks. All helps prevent shocks that may pull the earphone out of position.

4. Power. Unless you change the defaults, Itunes follows EU regulations to prevent possible ear damage. With these earphones, unlike any of my 7-8 previous pairs, it feels like the EU needs to tighten up those regulations. Never thought I would hear myself say that. I've always been a full power kinda guy.

5. Noise-cancelling properties. I wore these cutting the grass and while I could feel the vibrations through the handle of the mower, I couldn't hear the engine at all. I was using maximum volume at the time.

6. Delivery arrived within the specified window, package was in good condition

Possible Drawbacks?

1. Volume. Parts of your tracks will have a minor crackling at max volume, more so when you see how to increase the volume on Itunes beyond the factory settings. @ 95% volume there is no crackling whatsoever. This may be a positive though as 100% volume for long periods might actually kill you.

2. Cable. Cable is excellent but is a fraction on the short side if you are tall.

5.0 out of 5 stars Woah! Amazing quality for the price, no need to look anywhere else., 19 Oct 2014
These headphones sound truly remarkable, I recently bought some Sennheiser CX 300 II headphones for roughly the same (which may have been fakes, needless to say I sent them back to Amazon for a refund) that were absolutely terrible sound quality. Tinny with no bass, and way too much treble, so I became pretty sceptical on my hunt for some decent ones.

I had my eyes on in ear phones that were in the 80-100 pound price range, but purchasing stuff like this online without being able to try them out is truly a bummer, it's all trial and error, especially when more expensive, so after seeing great reviews for these and at a decent price, I thought `sod it, I'll buy these and let my OCD hunt for more costlier ones do it's course later on, when I can really make up my damn mind.'

Well, these are actually so good, I may not need to after all. Really detailed sound (you even notice things in the music you never heard before), great mid and upper treble, and tightly controlled bass (but, you DO have to push the plugs well inside your ear to get a truly decent fit), and make sure you get the right sized plugs (taking them off and putting the smaller ones on can really get fiddly though), and the sound will make you think these cost A LOT more than they really do. They even isolate the sound, making them even more of a bargain.

Very chuffed with these, and I haven't written a review for an amazon product in ages now, but seeing the positive impression these left on me, I felt compelled to. They sound like they should cost over 80 quid and produce better sound than my £60 Creative Aurvana's.

If you're looking to upgrade from standard headphones, I really wouldn't bother at looking at more pricey ones. Go for these, trust me, you won't be disappointed.

3.0 out of 5 stars Great at the price point, 21 Oct 2014
Nick "clubenic" (Stevenage, United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
I'm honestly not sure what to make of these headphones. They are very tough with metal casing and high quality cable, and they are comfortable to wear, but their main purpose is as audio headphones. In recent years, with the rise of the iPOD the has been huge hike in price from manufacturers for quality sound and they have swamped the market with poor quality cheap earphones. This kind of money used to buy excellent Sony earphones but no longer. The best that can be said at this price point now is 'adequate'.
The midrange which is the frequency range most peoole judge music audio quality by is pretty good and easy to listen to over long periods - major plus. The treble is not hyped but lacks some smoothness and detail. The bass is subdued which won't please many modern listeners who like overhyped bass. To the rest of us it's passable; controlled and In a quiet environment is sufficient. But out and about in city environments don't expect the bass to shine through.
Having been guarded in my comments I still think that these make a very good choice at this price point and perhaps for some way above, but it really is time the manufacturers stopped ripping us off.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Sound and useful hard case, 3 Oct 2014
I have only played the wonderful recording of Verdi's Requiem conducted by Antonio Pappano but that is enough to tell that these are great headphones. I hadn't realised that these earphone came with a hard case which is perfect big enought to carry the headphone and my Sansa Clip MP3 player. I am very happy with this product.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant value, monster sound!, 15 Aug 2011
After reading a very enthusiastic review in What Hi-Fi? Sound & Vision magazine (the E10 won the entry level earphones group test) I thought I would give these SoundMAGIC earphones a try.

Well, what an incredible little earphone for the money. The sound is smooth and musical, with lots of warm bass and brilliant detail at the top.

You'll have to spend a lot more than 35 quid to come close to the E10 in terms of audio performance and quality of the product.

I'm a self confessed headphone nut (currently own the Shure SE535 and Phonak Audéo Perfect Bass Earphones 012 Colour Black), so I'm a little hard to impress. These E10's seriously impressed me!

5.0 out of 5 stars Fabulous Headphones at a Great price!, 17 Oct 2014
After researching all mid priced headphones online, I took the plunge with the Soundmagic as they were the highest rated. They were a present for my husband who is something of a 'sound snob' so I was a little worried they might not live up to expectations! I needn't have worried as he's over the moon with them and has said the sound quality, volume, and bass is extremely good.

Amazon were brilliant with postage as usual, and the headphones came with an extremely useful hard carry case and a variety of earbuds. As we were just leaving for holiday, the carry case came in very handy on the plane.

I think they are extremely good value and offer fantastic sound quality. Great when you don't want to spend >£50 for headphones that may eventually be sat on, or trodden on!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great quality product, 20 Sep 2014
Great sound quality and a nice, high quality outlook of the product. The jack has a metal frame with a rubber end to decrease the chance of wire breaking there. Been using the product for two weeks now and am satisfied I chose it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Bought these literally because the reviews were so good and couldn't resist the price tag on them, 14 Sep 2014
This review is from: SoundMAGIC E10 Earphones - Black/Red (Electronics)
Bought these literally because the reviews were so good and couldn't resist the price tag on them. I usually buy seinheiser cans for £60 up but no more theses are great, great sound deep bass plus build quality is ideal.

SoundMAGIC E10 Earphones - Black/Red