1,805 Reviews
 (1,122)

5.0 out of 5 stars Love 'em
Published on 16 Nov 2011 by jimi2shoes

1.0 out of 5 stars Great sound but poor durability
Having used a couple of Sennheisers in the past when I lost a pair I decided to buy the Soundmagic E10s based on the 5 star what hifi review (product of the year in its category). After some breaking in time I found the sound to be very impressive and detailed at this price point and a noticeable improvement on comparatively priced Sennheisers (CX300/400) which I have...
Published 21 months ago by GW

5.0 out of 5 stars Love 'em, 16 Nov 2011
This review is from: SoundMAGIC E10 Earphones - Black/Red (Electronics)
Nice set of cans. I once spent £90 on a pair of Shures only to find that they didn't sound anywhere near as great as expected so I'm no longer prepared to spend silly money on something that for hygiene reasons you can't really try before you buy. I've been through a few of the usual budget options: Sennheiser CX300 (pretty good), Klipsch X1 (not bad) and Skullcandy Titans (not great) and these SoundMagics beat them all hands down. They have a lovely, warm, powerful sound. Volume is good, bass is deep and rich but doesn't overpower the mids and treble, sonic detail is impressive across every genre of music I've thrown at them so far (everything from pre-war blues to filthy dubstep). I've only had them a few days so it's a bit early to comment on build quality but they seem nice and sturdy; the earpieces, jack attachment and the collar where the wires split are all metal and seem robust. Mine came with 7 different options of ear buds (rather than the usual 3 that most manufacturers seem to supply) which is great as finding the correct fit makes a big difference to the sound of in-ear 'phones. Tempted to buy a 2nd pair for spare.

5.0 out of 5 stars Top Notch Earphones, 21 April 2014
Antoine Camilleri - See all my reviews
(TOP 10 REVIEWER)    (HALL OF FAME REVIEWER)
This review is from: SoundMAGIC E10 Earphones - Black/Red (Electronics)
The SoundMagic E10 are one of the best sub 100.44€ earphones I have tried. Great build quality, reflecting great attention to detail in design and performance. The included stylish carry case (as per listing) comes in handy for stowing away the earphones.

The E10s feel so premium, thanks to their stylish looks and durable materials, also reflected in the sturdy ridged cable (to minimise tangling). The drivers are housed in a snazzy metal shell, and the ridges along the cable prevent it from tangling. The great looks are matched by awesome sound quality. The E10's deliver amazing crisp sound with excellent balance from treble to bass whilst retaining loads of detail.

Even though these earphones sport a slightly open back design, they barely leak any sound at all.

• As WHAT Hi-Fi? put it "The E10s look and sound like they're worth much more than which makes them an absolute steal". And I couldn't agree more!

Did I say that I love these earphones? :)

Highly recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best budget sound I have ever heard, 6 Jun 2013
So I bought these a few weeks ago and have been using them a lot. In a word they are awesome.

The good points?

1. Rich, deep, bass. Sounds great with rock and metal. You hear people talk about buying great new earphones and all their favourite tracks sound different. The E10s will do that if you are coming from a budget pair - I heard greater depth, new words and minor variations in bass sounds I hadn't picked up on using budget (£40) Sennheiser's . Prior to that I had a pair of high range Skull Candy's I got in a 70% off sale. Those earphones were 5 times the price and sure, they sounded better than the E10s, but only just.

2. Robustness. These seem like heavy-duty earphones with a virtually indestructible cable and robust ear-pieces. After my Skull Candy's went gaga in one ear I ripped the cable from the connector all too easily. The E10s haven't tried my patience, yet, but they would definitely put up a better fight.

3. Practicality. For me the biggest point. I have had many earphones and all of them tended to slip just a little when moving around. The design of these buds means that most of the weight is resting on the ear and not on the cable, thus they tend to stay in place better. There is a also a simple little clip on the cable you can attach to clothing and a thing that adjusts the length of the cable between the ear piece and where the cable forks. All helps prevent shocks that may pull the earphone out of position.

4. Power. Unless you change the defaults, Itunes follows EU regulations to prevent possible ear damage. With these earphones, unlike any of my 7-8 previous pairs, it feels like the EU needs to tighten up those regulations. Never thought I would hear myself say that. I've always been a full power kinda guy.

5. Noise-cancelling properties. I wore these cutting the grass and while I could feel the vibrations through the handle of the mower, I couldn't hear the engine at all. I was using maximum volume at the time.

6. Delivery arrived within the specified window, package was in good condition

Possible Drawbacks?

1. Volume. Parts of your tracks will have a minor crackling at max volume, more so when you see how to increase the volume on Itunes beyond the factory settings. @ 95% volume there is no crackling whatsoever. This may be a positive though as 100% volume for long periods might actually kill you.

2. Cable. Cable is excellent but is a fraction on the short side if you are tall.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 25 Nov 2014
I have been around the block a little over the past few years to try and find a decent pair of in-ear buds. These are without doubt far superior to any others I have tried sub £100. The quality of the sound that these things put out is breathtaking for the price. If you're after a pair of budget earphones and SoundMagic isn't on your list of headphone makers to check out, it should be. These are genuinely audiophile grade headphones, and whilst they wouldn't be my first choice if budget wasn't an issue, it is an issue for me and you will not do better on value-for-money.

In terms of appearance, they are not the nicest looking headphones in the world, but they are decent enough and they don't shout about what's under the hood. Seen as these are in-ears it doesn't really matter anyway, as they're relatively unnoticeable when theyre in. They are quite low-profile and didn't protrude from my ears much. They stay in my ears really well, and the rubber has alot of grip. The build quality is also excellent and the carry case is of a good standard.

While they don't offer total noise isolation, these can block out your average hustle and bustle with ease and once playing, are going to drown out any background noise. Low end is exceptional at this level, and the bass detail is very accurate. The sound is very full and rich, yet they manage to avoid any bloated booming.

Soundmagic have acquired a loyal new customer, and these punchy headphones will be my first port of call for a long time to come.

5.0 out of 5 stars Woah! Amazing quality for the price, no need to look anywhere else., 19 Oct 2014
These headphones sound truly remarkable, I recently bought some Sennheiser CX 300 II headphones for roughly the same (which may have been fakes, needless to say I sent them back to Amazon for a refund) that were absolutely terrible sound quality. Tinny with no bass, and way too much treble, so I became pretty sceptical on my hunt for some decent ones.

I had my eyes on in ear phones that were in the 80-100 pound price range, but purchasing stuff like this online without being able to try them out is truly a bummer, it's all trial and error, especially when more expensive, so after seeing great reviews for these and at a decent price, I thought `sod it, I'll buy these and let my OCD hunt for more costlier ones do it's course later on, when I can really make up my damn mind.'

Well, these are actually so good, I may not need to after all. Really detailed sound (you even notice things in the music you never heard before), great mid and upper treble, and tightly controlled bass (but, you DO have to push the plugs well inside your ear to get a truly decent fit), and make sure you get the right sized plugs (taking them off and putting the smaller ones on can really get fiddly though), and the sound will make you think these cost A LOT more than they really do. They even isolate the sound, making them even more of a bargain.

Very chuffed with these, and I haven't written a review for an amazon product in ages now, but seeing the positive impression these left on me, I felt compelled to. They sound like they should cost over 80 quid and produce better sound than my £60 Creative Aurvana's.

If you're looking to upgrade from standard headphones, I really wouldn't bother at looking at more pricey ones. Go for these, trust me, you won't be disappointed.

5.0 out of 5 stars Incredible value, 1 Dec 2014
S. Watson - See all my reviews
Amazing sound at this price. I've been using a pair of Shure SE215s (bought for £100+ when they were first released) and the sound quality of the E10s is very close to that level. A fantastic achievement for such a relatively cheap pair. It took me a while to find the rubber tips which provide the best feel, but I have managed to find the ones which provide a snug fit and good seal. I will be replacing the rubber tips with Comply foam in due course, but I could quite comfortably carry on with the rubber tips.

Very difficult to fault. Highly recommended!

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent earphones, the ear buds have a range of ..., 19 Dec 2014
This review is from: SoundMAGIC E10 Earphones - Black/Red (Electronics)
Excellent earphones, the ear buds have a range of sizes to fit different needs and preferences. The sound is crystal clear with a solid bass, no external noises. Compared to my iphone ones I think these take the top spot hands down. Unfortunately there is no volume control, so volume can only be adjusted from the music player. The other disadvantage is that when listening to music from the phone you won't be able to take incoming calls or speak through the earphones as they do not have a mic. Besides that the earphones are still a good buy.

5.0 out of 5 stars Outstanding., 17 Dec 2014
Fantastic! These are DEFINITELY worth getting over your bundled iPod earphones or run-of-the-mill cheapo earphones! The bass is punchy but still tight, mids and highs are clear and crisp.

You also get a small carrycase, a clip for attaching the cable to your clothes and an assortment of eartips that puts many others to shame. There are three sizes of soft and firm tips, and a double-flange tip, so you can always get the best fit for your ears.

These are my first recommendation for anyone looking for sub-£50 earphones!

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely bloody brilliant!, 4 Nov 2014
bought these earphones after much deliberation between these and the JVC HAF101s, I think they were called... I was originally going to go for them since they were a bit cheaper but I wanted something with good quality too...

I mostly listen to drum and bass/dub step, but these are great for vocals too. It makes for a really good set of multi purpose earphones, I mean yeah, you're not going to get studio quality audio, but that's down to a number of factors and one thing these are amazing at is noise cancellation...

They come with a hard case and plenty of earbud attachments in various sizes, I got the gold ones and the case was black with a red trip, with 2 mesh pockets inside and quite sizeable to say the size of the earphones.
The cable feels very sturdy and has a glossy finish so you don't get that awful friction rubbing you get on OEM Apple earphone cables.

I've had sennheisers, sonys, jvcs, skullcandys, and all sorts so I was a bit wary of getting these from someone ive never heard of, but honestly, just go read the online reviews of them and go for it.

£20 well spent, me thinks!

5.0 out of 5 stars A step up in sound quality, 12 Nov 2014
Androo (UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 500 REVIEWER)
I've used Sennheisers for years, dabbled in several other brands but always gone back to Sennheiser. UNTIL NOW. I bought these award winners to replace my Sennheiser CX300s, which are still really good. These are better.
They're better because they have better bass. It's not boomy bass, but deep, tuneful bass that adds depth to everything from rock music to spoken word stuff.
They're better because they sound a bit more open, a bit more detailed, a bit more 'hi-fi'.
Cara Dillon's beautiful, unaccompanied voice on Fil, Fil A Run Ó sounds startlingly pure and ethereal over these 'phones. Ludo Pin's quirky electronic pop rhythms on Paris-Montréal sound deep and solid, with all the instruments, all the electronic fizzes and clicks and vocals nicely separated. Stereo separation really is great. The 1960s Jazz recordings of Miles Davis sound just as languid and atmospheric and immediate as you know they should. Even 'The Archers' on podcast has a heightened sense of realism and space about it!
These E10s are darned impressive then, no matter what you throw at them.
It sounds like a cliché, but I am really hearing new things in music I know well. I find I can listen for long periods without fatigue.
They don't look much though, to be honest. Perfectly adequate, that's all. They feel very light, which is good for comfort, but don't feel especially sturdy. Time will tell.
In the slick packaging, you get a zip-up semi-hard case and a weird and wonderful selection of earbuds - different shapes as well as different sizes. You MUST try them all because the difference in sound is MASSIVE. Some sounded unacceptable. A couple were just okay, but only one shape gave me the sound quality I was expecting. Don't skimp on this stage, no matter how irritating they are to get on and off (and boy, are they irritating).
A plus point is that the wiry feeling cord doesn't tangle like the floppy Sennheiser cables always do.
A slight downside is that they're a bit quieter than the Sennheisers at the same volume setting.
There's no volume control on these, nor a mic. If you want these phones' sound quality but also want to answer your phone while wearing them, you'll need to go for the E10S.

SoundMAGIC E10 Earphones - Black/Red