1,708 Reviews
 (1,057)

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb
This is one of my favourite sets of earphones ever, even before taking into account their excellent price. I purchased them as a spare pair for my Sennheiser 400's (themselves regarded as one of the best budget earphones) and found that they quickly took over as my main set, with the Sennheiser's being relegated to backup duty.

Firstly, the price - these...
Published 15 days ago by Jon Story

1.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing Product
Very very disappointing product, was highly recommended but after a month stopped working correctly- only one head phone was producing sound. DO not buy. I would like a refund for this product.
Published 24 days ago by Campbell Baker

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb, 6 Nov 2014
Jon Story (Cumbria, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: SoundMAGIC E10 Earphones - Black/Red (Electronics)

Firstly, the price - these earphones punch well above their weight in build quality and sound quality. I'd happily pitch them up against earphones costing two or three times their price. They won't match truly excellent earphones costing 5x as much, and I won't even say they're the best under £100... but they're certainly the best I've seen for less than £40, and nothing else in the sub-£100 category seems worth paying the extra money for.

The sound quality is excellent, with good punchy (rather than boomy) bass, a very clear mid-range and only a hint of tinniness at the high end. The sound and bass both scale very well with volume, and the bass is well balanced - it doesn't over-power the vocals or mid range as is the case in many other budget headphones (which throw bass in to improve perceived quality).

Generally I find the sound well balanced, excellent quality and enjoyable to listen to. These headphones won't provide the soundstage or quality of a set of Bowers and Wilkins P7s for example, but they also cost 1/15th of the price of the latter...

The build quality is also excellent - mine travel with me everywhere and are beaten and misused, but easily stand up to the battering of a seasoned traveller. They come with a handy hard-shell case, the wire design doesn't lend itself to tangling and is very sturdy, and they're overall very well made.

Comfort is very good - they come with several sets of earbuds of different sizes and shapes, although I found the standard size perfect. I can happily wear them for several hours without discomfort - the only time I have any issue is if I listen while lying down, as the main unit is a little long and can apply pressure to the ear when against a pillow or similar. Even this isn't a major discomfort, and only becomes apparent after an hour or longer.

Overall, I can't see myself buying any other set of sub-£100 earphones.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love 'em, 16 Nov 2011
This review is from: SoundMAGIC E10 Earphones - Black/Red (Electronics)
Nice set of cans. I once spent £90 on a pair of Shures only to find that they didn't sound anywhere near as great as expected so I'm no longer prepared to spend silly money on something that for hygiene reasons you can't really try before you buy. I've been through a few of the usual budget options: Sennheiser CX300 (pretty good), Klipsch X1 (not bad) and Skullcandy Titans (not great) and these SoundMagics beat them all hands down. They have a lovely, warm, powerful sound. Volume is good, bass is deep and rich but doesn't overpower the mids and treble, sonic detail is impressive across every genre of music I've thrown at them so far (everything from pre-war blues to filthy dubstep). I've only had them a few days so it's a bit early to comment on build quality but they seem nice and sturdy; the earpieces, jack attachment and the collar where the wires split are all metal and seem robust. Mine came with 7 different options of ear buds (rather than the usual 3 that most manufacturers seem to supply) which is great as finding the correct fit makes a big difference to the sound of in-ear 'phones. Tempted to buy a 2nd pair for spare.

5.0 out of 5 stars A step up in sound quality, 12 Nov 2014
Androo (UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 500 REVIEWER)
I've used Sennheisers for years, dabbled in several other brands but always gone back to Sennheiser. UNTIL NOW. I bought these award winners to replace my Sennheiser CX300s, which are still really good. These are better.
They're better because they have better bass. It's not boomy bass, but deep, tuneful bass that adds depth to everything from rock music to spoken word stuff.
They're better because they sound a bit more open, a bit more detailed, a bit more 'hi-fi'.
Cara Dillon's beautiful, unaccompanied voice on Fil, Fil A Run Ó sounds startlingly pure and ethereal over these 'phones. Ludo Pin's quirky electronic pop rhythms on Paris-Montréal sound deep and solid, with all the instruments, all the electronic fizzes and clicks and vocals nicely separated. Stereo separation really is great. The 1960s Jazz recordings of Miles Davis sound just as languid and atmospheric and immediate as you know they should. Even 'The Archers' on podcast has a heightened sense of realism and space about it!
These E10s are darned impressive then, no matter what you throw at them.
It sounds like a cliché, but I am really hearing new things in music I know well. I find I can listen for long periods without fatigue.
They don't look much though, to be honest. Perfectly adequate, that's all. They feel very light, which is good for comfort, but don't feel especially sturdy. Time will tell.
In the slick packaging, you get a zip-up semi-hard case and a weird and wonderful selection of earbuds - different shapes as well as different sizes. You MUST try them all because the difference in sound is MASSIVE. Some sounded unacceptable. A couple were just okay, but only one shape gave me the sound quality I was expecting. Don't skimp on this stage, no matter how irritating they are to get on and off (and boy, are they irritating).
A plus point is that the wiry feeling cord doesn't tangle like the floppy Sennheiser cables always do.
A slight downside is that they're a bit quieter than the Sennheisers at the same volume setting.
There's no volume control on these, nor a mic. If you want these phones' sound quality but also want to answer your phone while wearing them, you'll need to go for the E10S.

5.0 out of 5 stars Top notch earphones delivering amazing sound quality, 21 April 2014
Antoine Camilleri - See all my reviews
(TOP 10 REVIEWER)    (HALL OF FAME REVIEWER)
This review is from: SoundMAGIC E10 Earphones - Black/Red (Electronics)
The SoundMagic E10 are one of the best sub £80 earphones I have tried. Great build quality, reflecting great attention to detail in design and performance. The included stylish carry case (as per listing) comes in handy for stowing away the earphones.

The E10s feel so premium, thanks to their stylish looks and durable materials, also reflected in the sturdy ridged cable (to minimise tangling). The drivers are housed in a snazzy metal shell, and the ridges along the cable prevent it from tangling. The great looks are matched by awesome sound quality. The E10's deliver amazing crisp sound with excellent balance from treble to bass whilst retaining loads of detail.

Even though these earphones sport a slightly open back design, they barely leak any sound at all.

• As WHAT Hi-Fi? put it "The E10s look and sound like they're worth much more than which makes them an absolute steal". And I couldn't agree more!

Did I say that I love these earphones? :)

Highly recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best budget sound I have ever heard, 6 Jun 2013
So I bought these a few weeks ago and have been using them a lot. In a word they are awesome.

The good points?

1. Rich, deep, bass. Sounds great with rock and metal. You hear people talk about buying great new earphones and all their favourite tracks sound different. The E10s will do that if you are coming from a budget pair - I heard greater depth, new words and minor variations in bass sounds I hadn't picked up on using budget (£40) Sennheiser's . Prior to that I had a pair of high range Skull Candy's I got in a 70% off sale. Those earphones were 5 times the price and sure, they sounded better than the E10s, but only just.

2. Robustness. These seem like heavy-duty earphones with a virtually indestructible cable and robust ear-pieces. After my Skull Candy's went gaga in one ear I ripped the cable from the connector all too easily. The E10s haven't tried my patience, yet, but they would definitely put up a better fight.

3. Practicality. For me the biggest point. I have had many earphones and all of them tended to slip just a little when moving around. The design of these buds means that most of the weight is resting on the ear and not on the cable, thus they tend to stay in place better. There is a also a simple little clip on the cable you can attach to clothing and a thing that adjusts the length of the cable between the ear piece and where the cable forks. All helps prevent shocks that may pull the earphone out of position.

4. Power. Unless you change the defaults, Itunes follows EU regulations to prevent possible ear damage. With these earphones, unlike any of my 7-8 previous pairs, it feels like the EU needs to tighten up those regulations. Never thought I would hear myself say that. I've always been a full power kinda guy.

5. Noise-cancelling properties. I wore these cutting the grass and while I could feel the vibrations through the handle of the mower, I couldn't hear the engine at all. I was using maximum volume at the time.

6. Delivery arrived within the specified window, package was in good condition

Possible Drawbacks?

1. Volume. Parts of your tracks will have a minor crackling at max volume, more so when you see how to increase the volume on Itunes beyond the factory settings. @ 95% volume there is no crackling whatsoever. This may be a positive though as 100% volume for long periods might actually kill you.

2. Cable. Cable is excellent but is a fraction on the short side if you are tall.

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely cannot go wrong!, 21 Nov 2014
So far, I cannot fault these headphones in any way, seriously, these may be the best headphones I've ever owned.
I purchased these to replace my JVC HA-FX3X's which were falling apart (which I purchased to replace my HA-FX1X's for the same reason I might add) and so far they have been sublime. First off the build quality is exceptional; the insulation of the cable looks very well fixed to the metal wire on the inside and the housing of the monitors is entirely metal as well as the splitter and the 3.5mm jack housing. The cable also seems to be designed so that it does not tangle very easily, which it doesn't. There is a large number of earpieces that come with the headphones, and I do mean large. There is also a carrying case for these headphones, although you really won't need it as these things are built to last (I dipped one of the monitors in some tea accidentally and it still works perfectly) Aesthetically, they are pretty damn classy.
The sound quality is also very good. They are less bassy than my JVC's which I expected, but that doesn't mean to say the bass response is bad, quite the contrary in fact, especially with the larger earpieces. The real sweet spots I think are the mids and the highs which have so much clarity (I keep hearing new instruments or layers when I play a song with these it seems)
My only gripe is quite trivial, being that the metal housing may be a bit OTT, especially on the 3.5mm jack, but it adds to the design and means that it will last longer.

5.0 out of 5 stars Woah! Amazing quality for the price, no need to look anywhere else., 19 Oct 2014
These headphones sound truly remarkable, I recently bought some Sennheiser CX 300 II headphones for roughly the same (which may have been fakes, needless to say I sent them back to Amazon for a refund) that were absolutely terrible sound quality. Tinny with no bass, and way too much treble, so I became pretty sceptical on my hunt for some decent ones.

I had my eyes on in ear phones that were in the 80-100 pound price range, but purchasing stuff like this online without being able to try them out is truly a bummer, it's all trial and error, especially when more expensive, so after seeing great reviews for these and at a decent price, I thought `sod it, I'll buy these and let my OCD hunt for more costlier ones do it's course later on, when I can really make up my damn mind.'

Well, these are actually so good, I may not need to after all. Really detailed sound (you even notice things in the music you never heard before), great mid and upper treble, and tightly controlled bass (but, you DO have to push the plugs well inside your ear to get a truly decent fit), and make sure you get the right sized plugs (taking them off and putting the smaller ones on can really get fiddly though), and the sound will make you think these cost A LOT more than they really do. They even isolate the sound, making them even more of a bargain.

Very chuffed with these, and I haven't written a review for an amazon product in ages now, but seeing the positive impression these left on me, I felt compelled to. They sound like they should cost over 80 quid and produce better sound than my £60 Creative Aurvana's.

If you're looking to upgrade from standard headphones, I really wouldn't bother at looking at more pricey ones. Go for these, trust me, you won't be disappointed.

1.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing Product, 28 Oct 2014

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb sounding earphones but only when you get the right fit..., 15 Nov 2014
This review is from: SoundMAGIC E10 Earphones - Black/Red (Electronics)
I have to agree with most other reviewers here that the sound quality on these earphones is sensational for the price!

However, I just want to put the word out to anyone who has bought these earphones or is about to buy them and is disappointed with the sound quality when they first try them. When I first tried the earphones I was also disappointed with the sound quality which sounded quite tinny and lacking in bass. Nevertheless, I thought that all these positive reviews couldn't be wrong so I persevered and tried on various pairs of the supplied ear tips to get the best fit for my ears. Evenually, I found the right fitting pair for my ears and WOW! The full, rich and finely textured sound suddenly came through the earphones and I realised why all the expert reviews for these earphones are so good. It's opened up a whole new soundscape in tracks that I thought I knew well!

It is therefore essential to get the right fit for your ears to enjoy these earphones. If you can't find the right fit amongst the seven pairs of ear tips supplied then it would be worth investing in the 'Comply T-400 Isolation Earphone Tips' for the perfect fit.

Happy listening!

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely bloody brilliant!, 4 Nov 2014
bought these earphones after much deliberation between these and the JVC HAF101s, I think they were called... I was originally going to go for them since they were a bit cheaper but I wanted something with good quality too...

I mostly listen to drum and bass/dub step, but these are great for vocals too. It makes for a really good set of multi purpose earphones, I mean yeah, you're not going to get studio quality audio, but that's down to a number of factors and one thing these are amazing at is noise cancellation...

They come with a hard case and plenty of earbud attachments in various sizes, I got the gold ones and the case was black with a red trip, with 2 mesh pockets inside and quite sizeable to say the size of the earphones.
The cable feels very sturdy and has a glossy finish so you don't get that awful friction rubbing you get on OEM Apple earphone cables.

I've had sennheisers, sonys, jvcs, skullcandys, and all sorts so I was a bit wary of getting these from someone ive never heard of, but honestly, just go read the online reviews of them and go for it.

£20 well spent, me thinks!

SoundMAGIC E10 Earphones - Black/Red