1,525 Reviews

5.0 out of 5 stars Love 'em
Published on 16 Nov 2011 by jimi2shoes

3.0 out of 5 stars Decent upgrade to standard MP3 player earphones.
Build Quality:
Almost perfect, the earphones are metal (good quality) as is the jack and splitter. The cable from the jack to the splitter is a decent thickness. The only flaw in my opinion was the cables that lead from the splitter to the 2 earphone modules, it's pretty thin and when you first get it out the box you have tear down the centre like the cheap throw...
Published on 21 Oct 2011 by Blaser

5.0 out of 5 stars Love 'em, 16 Nov 2011
This review is from: SoundMAGIC E10 Earphones - Black/Red (Electronics)
Nice set of cans. I once spent £90 on a pair of Shures only to find that they didn't sound anywhere near as great as expected so I'm no longer prepared to spend silly money on something that for hygiene reasons you can't really try before you buy. I've been through a few of the usual budget options: Sennheiser CX300 (pretty good), Klipsch X1 (not bad) and Skullcandy Titans (not great) and these SoundMagics beat them all hands down. They have a lovely, warm, powerful sound. Volume is good, bass is deep and rich but doesn't overpower the mids and treble, sonic detail is impressive across every genre of music I've thrown at them so far (everything from pre-war blues to filthy dubstep). I've only had them a few days so it's a bit early to comment on build quality but they seem nice and sturdy; the earpieces, jack attachment and the collar where the wires split are all metal and seem robust. Mine came with 7 different options of ear buds (rather than the usual 3 that most manufacturers seem to supply) which is great as finding the correct fit makes a big difference to the sound of in-ear 'phones. Tempted to buy a 2nd pair for spare.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great head phones after "breaking them in", 29 Sep 2014
After reading around for the best pair of ear phones, I decided to opt for these ones as they are generally praised on various sites I read up on and for it to be the top recommended pair of ear phones for "what Hi-FI" for 4 years running, these ear phones must be doing something right.

I should mention I don't consider myself an audiophile, I brought these ear phones for commuting to my place of study and figured it was time for a upgrade (plus i needed a reason to spend a gift voucher i had lying around).

I only tried them for a day so I may still need to wait for them to "break in" as most audio equipment needs to go through this period before they settle down and you can start to hear how they will sound normally.

First impressions:

I wasn't very impressed, before I used these I had a pair of Sony ear clip-on head phones as my primary ear phones and my initial impression was that the E10's didn't all that different compared to my Sony ear phones, it wasn't after switching them to listen to my music on my Samsung S2 instead of my MP3 player that I noticed a difference (proving the device you listen of is just as important as the ear phones themselves).

After 2 hours of listening:

After giving them some time, I noticed the E10 sounds "clearer" compared to my Song ear phones, what I mean by this is all the different tracks within a piece of music is given focus, the bass thumps nicely and actually sounds bassy, the vocals come through clear and its generally easier to pick up on individual tracks in a piece of music. Unfortunately, this also means that if you have a badly converted MP3 or a music track that wasn't optimised for listening, chances are, you're going to become even more aware to the defects within it but that's more of a issue to do with the individual music tracks rather than the ear phones themselves.

Further testing:

I also tried testing them on different different settings through my phone's native music player and the ear phones performed admirably with it being able to handle "rock", "pop", "double bass" and even simulated "concert hall" without an problem.

Final verdict:

All in all, I would recommend these ear phones, I don't usually spend this much on ear phones or head phones in general so I might not be the best person to properly give a fair verdict to these ear phones but as someone who listens to music casually, I would recommend these ear phones especially if you can pick them up when they're on offer.

5.0 out of 5 stars JUST AMAZING!, 19 Sep 2014
This review is from: SoundMAGIC E10 Earphones - Black/Red (Electronics)
Just amazing. Best pair of in-ears I've ever had (I've used Sennheiser, Philips, Cresyn, Goji; and many more over ear models and brands); maximum sound level stays "not very impressive" on iPhone; however when connected to my Mac, they are really impressively loud with perfect great amount (more than enough) of bass and mid punch, and sharp undisturbing trebles. Sound is peripheral, does feel like the earphones are a bit more away than where they stand, which makes listening more enjoyable.

I am a huge fan of techno, psytrance and similar demanding genres. These earphones, even with the equaliser set to "Dance", handles the tunes without any distortion 85% of the time (this setting is quite demanding, and caused sound distortion 70% of the time on my desktop monitors -> KEF X300A).. I can barely go over half the volume level on my computer, bass is there and kicks relentlessly, you can almost feel it in your brain!

It is not a necessarily a "beautiful" product but the build quality is sturdy. Unlike some other headphones I had, no sound is transfarred through cable when it rubs agains your clothes etc. Paint at the corners come off a bit with time, but that doesn't matter at all given the sound quality and price .

Combine them with foam ear plugs to get the best result!

5.0 out of 5 stars Smooth, clear, good bass, light and well fitting. Excellent!, 6 Sep 2014
The are excellent headphones if you want light, well made, and smooth sounding headphones with a solid but not boomy bass. I also have RHA MA750i headphones which are more than twice the price and this sound envy bit as good.

For my size ears, the standard tips are an excellent fit, and the light weight means they are not easily dislodged, unlike the RHA which are heavy and with a very heavy cable.

I would like full iPhone control and a mic, and I know the E10M has a mic, but not music control, but apart from that, they are excellent.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best budget sound I have ever heard, 6 Jun 2013
So I bought these a few weeks ago and have been using them a lot. In a word they are awesome.

The good points?

1. Rich, deep, bass. Sounds great with rock and metal. You hear people talk about buying great new earphones and all their favourite tracks sound different. The E10s will do that if you are coming from a budget pair - I heard greater depth, new words and minor variations in bass sounds I hadn't picked up on using budget (£40) Sennheiser's . Prior to that I had a pair of high range Skull Candy's I got in a 70% off sale. Those earphones were 5 times the price and sure, they sounded better than the E10s, but only just.

2. Robustness. These seem like heavy-duty earphones with a virtually indestructible cable and robust ear-pieces. After my Skull Candy's went gaga in one ear I ripped the cable from the connector all too easily. The E10s haven't tried my patience, yet, but they would definitely put up a better fight.

3. Practicality. For me the biggest point. I have had many earphones and all of them tended to slip just a little when moving around. The design of these buds means that most of the weight is resting on the ear and not on the cable, thus they tend to stay in place better. There is a also a simple little clip on the cable you can attach to clothing and a thing that adjusts the length of the cable between the ear piece and where the cable forks. All helps prevent shocks that may pull the earphone out of position.

4. Power. Unless you change the defaults, Itunes follows EU regulations to prevent possible ear damage. With these earphones, unlike any of my 7-8 previous pairs, it feels like the EU needs to tighten up those regulations. Never thought I would hear myself say that. I've always been a full power kinda guy.

5. Noise-cancelling properties. I wore these cutting the grass and while I could feel the vibrations through the handle of the mower, I couldn't hear the engine at all. I was using maximum volume at the time.

6. Delivery arrived within the specified window, package was in good condition

Possible Drawbacks?

1. Volume. Parts of your tracks will have a minor crackling at max volume, more so when you see how to increase the volume on Itunes beyond the factory settings. @ 95% volume there is no crackling whatsoever. This may be a positive though as 100% volume for long periods might actually kill you.

2. Cable. Cable is excellent but is a fraction on the short side if you are tall.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant earphones, must buy, 23 Sep 2014
There earphones are amazing do not hesitate to buy very good sound quality, the metal casing on the buds give the Soundmagic E10 a high quality premium feel, one of my favourite features of the E10 is the cord, it is a rarity to find a cord with a rigid plastic coating, it provides stress free untangling and ensures it doesn't get tangled in the first place. The amount of selection of rubber ear buds are phenomenonal my favourite is the two tier which provides amazing comfort. The cost is outstanding I bought mine (Gold version) for £23 which I probably would have paid around £50 for. If you are on the edge about whether you should go for other more common brands such as Sony, sennheiser. Try these and become amazed.

5.0 out of 5 stars They sounds way better than I expected. My previous in-ears was Sennheiser CX200, 22 Sep 2014
They sounds way better than I expected.

PROS:
- Pleasant sound with pleasant highs and very flat response
- good, open, wide, stereo
- clear bass, but not too much of them
- reasonably comfortable
- very good cable - it is strenghtened, so it likes to be straight, so it does not knot up as other phones I have
- nice looking and quality zipper bag with room for two phones
- interesting set of ear-rubbers
- great price!
- nice looking (I own black/bronze)

CONS:
- less comfortable than Sennheiser CX200 I also own
- not so striking bass (than CX200, but they outperform CX200 everywhere

4.0 out of 5 stars SoundMAGIC E10 review (new and old design E10), 26 May 2014
SoundMAGIC, the Chinese firm founded in 2005, have had a quick rise to fame producing some amazing quality earphones at low eye catching prices. Having registered their trademark "SoundMAGIC" in 2006, their E10s have come to the attention of many, standing out amongst the other models they make, with recognition and awards flooding from leading independent reviewers of sound and vision acknowledging their achievements...
Stuff magazine 5 Stars award, What Hi-Fi best in-ears under £40 for 2011, 2012,2013 and best in-ears under £50 for 2014 consecutively... Guess they like them.

Hopefully we agree, the most important points when considering purchasing headphones are below.
To start though, let me point out that the difference between the new and old model E10s is the cable design only for which I explain in greater deal below. I do believe the sound is that bit better on the new E10s, as well the build quality too here seems better, though that's my own opinion and perhaps subjective... SoundMAGIC have only confirmed details over the new cable design. So, The Drivers, Housing shells and the build quality generally are identical to the older model.

Cost: 5/5
No need to go into detail here... What your getting at this price tag is simply too good to ignore.

Sound quality: 5/5.
Top marks here for both E10 models, Impedance on these are 16 ohms and sensitivity is 100db, the high and low mix here is perfect.
Bass is weighty and tight, mids are detailed and clear, treble is clean, crisp and this is truly wonderful to find on IEMs at this price range.
Overall they are tremendously well-balanced and clear, the spaciousness they produce is really fantastic. They keep up with the changing pace producing solid, precise leading edges and controlling the different beats and rhythms effortlessly.
One minor problem would be at truly high volume levels it does all get a little harsh and sharp, expected maybe, not really an issue and i would advise against such levels of loudness... unless being stone deaf appeals to you in the near future.

Build quality: 4.8/5 (for the original E10s 3.9/5).
The build quality of the new E10s are amazing, what your getting for this price is astounding, solid and tough from the metal driver house shells to the cable, the metal splitter to the gold plated 3.5mm jack connection, they all come with a premium feel expected from more costly IEMs... Truly amazing value for money.

(The order E10s, though just as well made and strong without sounding like a contradiction, did a little poorly in the scoring above due to an uncommon yet known fault mine suffered, the left driver housing on the left side came loose little over a year from purchase, the right side slowly followed. Not a giant issue as re-gluing was easy but annoying and though not a common fault, With only just over a years solid use to that point, for me really isn't good enough.
The sound quality they gave throughout this time however never diminished).

Accessaries: 4/5
Pretty standard really but still quality, a leather synthetic drawstring pouch (some do seem to come with a semi rigid case) that can accommodate your spare tips and IEMs with plenty of space left, which is good as there's plenty of silicone tips to play with here to get the right ear canal fit. There's no mic ability on these (E10M have that ability but on the older cable design) which would of been nice and I would of preferred a hard shell case with a zip, really though, for the price that's paid what more would you want or expect.

General feeling and use: 4.9/5
I've owned the old E10s and the new tweaked look E10s combined for nearly 3years now and I'm absolutely convinced I made the right decision.
There price sat really well with me and I haven't been let down by there quality or durability (older E10s too, up to a point obviously) whether I've been out walking, cycling or traveling they have seen the journey through. They are comfortable to wear with a premium build, easy on the ears and unencumbered (Particularly when you find the perfect fitting silicone ear tips from out of the bunch) and they have the right amount of weight lending to them feeling secure. They look rather inconspicuous, not showy.
The new twisted cable design, slightly stiffer then the older model but not annoyingly so, was created to prevent cable tangle and fade and works really well at achieving this, the quality is excellent and feels much more wear resistant then the previous E10 design did.
Again, at this price point what more could you want... They look, feel and most importantly sound amazing... I was and still am sold.

I would certainly have no hesitation in suggesting the purchase of the new twisted cable design E10s absolutely.
As for the older model, they were brilliant till they wasn't, the sound quality remained true and I'm sure my issues suffered with them was just bad luck on my part, but worth considering and remembering as many sites sell these ones but the picture advertised is of the new... Know what your buying.

My opinion: the E10s are a truly great all rounder, no other earphones, certainly in this price bracket I've found come close to competing on this level... And they do punch above there weight here.
You will not regret it, purchasing these at this price is a no brainer.
For sheer quality and sound overall it simply has to be.... Brilliant E10s!

5.0 out of 5 stars They're Magic!, 13 Sep 2014
This review is from: SoundMAGIC E10 Earphones - Black/Red (Electronics)
Excellent value for money! I do have a good pair of headphones for listening at home and was disappointed with the sound of standard earbuds supplied with my mp3 player.I read the reviews,and thought i'd give these a go. I was surprised at how much depth and detail these little buds could extract from music files.They sounded far better than I expected. I bought this to go with my sansa clip mp3 player and the two really work well together.... a perfect combination imo!

5.0 out of 5 stars Buy them! Even just to have as a back up pair., 27 Sep 2014
Best budget earphones you can buy! I've tried quite a few earphones, but at this price point, these can't be beaten. I even accidentally put them in the washing machine and the STILL WORK! perfectly! All my previous earphones, apple, RHA, senheisser etc have all broken on me in under a year. Not these guys. Only faults are no remote (can be annoying sometimes) and cable is just slightly too long for pocket use, but you learn to tuck away the excess.

SoundMAGIC E10 Earphones - Black/Red