2,178 Reviews
 (1,328)

5.0 out of 5 stars Love 'em
Published on 16 Nov. 2011 by jimi2shoes

1.0 out of 5 stars NOT GOOD
Hi - just thought I would up date potential buyers of my experience with these "in ear" headphones.

Published 21 months ago by J. R. Painter

5.0 out of 5 stars Love 'em, 16 Nov. 2011
This review is from: SoundMAGIC E10 Earphones - Black/Red (Electronics)
Nice set of cans. I once spent £90 on a pair of Shures only to find that they didn't sound anywhere near as great as expected so I'm no longer prepared to spend silly money on something that for hygiene reasons you can't really try before you buy. I've been through a few of the usual budget options: Sennheiser CX300 (pretty good), Klipsch X1 (not bad) and Skullcandy Titans (not great) and these SoundMagics beat them all hands down. They have a lovely, warm, powerful sound. Volume is good, bass is deep and rich but doesn't overpower the mids and treble, sonic detail is impressive across every genre of music I've thrown at them so far (everything from pre-war blues to filthy dubstep). I've only had them a few days so it's a bit early to comment on build quality but they seem nice and sturdy; the earpieces, jack attachment and the collar where the wires split are all metal and seem robust. Mine came with 7 different options of ear buds (rather than the usual 3 that most manufacturers seem to supply) which is great as finding the correct fit makes a big difference to the sound of in-ear 'phones. Tempted to buy a 2nd pair for spare.

1.0 out of 5 stars NOT GOOD, 10 Jun. 2013
J. R. Painter (SUNNY SOUTH of ENGLAND) - See all my reviews

I bought them in November 2012 after reading a lot of reviews. Thought they were great until approximately 2 months ago when the "red" phone started to become faint. Yesterday (09.June.2013) both cans fell apart - the speaker section fell off the main body. This allowed me to inspect them in detail. I found the shielding on one wire in the "red" phone was missing plus three strands of the wire were "free to air". Thus in effect the earphone was shorting out because both wires were touching each other. I am a DIY guy so I was able to fix them - but why should I have needed to do a repair on almost new items ?

In summary, if I were looking for another set of this type of headphone I would be spenting my money elsewhere - I do have another pair I can use. Think before you buy !!!

1.0 out of 5 stars Broken wire – connection to the earphone jack, 25 Nov. 2014
Was so pleased with these... then they broke after less than 3 months. I was still calling them "my new earphones" :(

Never broken a pair of headphones or earplugs before. I carried these in their protective case when not in use.

The lead into the earphone jack has a problem and if I wiggle the wire into position they work... but I can't use them on the move. Left earphone has a tinny sound too and cuts out (because of the problem with the wire).

Attached a picture then you can see I haven't physically damaged them – just poor quality product.

4.0 out of 5 stars Sound very good so far, 5 Aug. 2014
I need to declare straight away that I'm not an audiophile who's going to be able to comment in any depth about the sound of these earphones! I'll just give a few general impressions.
My day-to-day earphones for on the go were Apple EarPods and although I was keen for an upgrade, "good" headphones seem to cost a lot of money, more than I was willing to spend at least, plus would be considerably less portable than earphones, hence my interest in these.
I did some research and quickly came across these E10s, with good reviews and at a price I was willing to pay. I needed them to have the mic for making calls and also wanted to be able to skip tracks etc, and this functionality sets the E10S apart from some other E10 models.
Physically these earphones seem pretty neat and well made. Solid construction, metal, discreet black colour - suits me. Unlike the EarPods, these earphones really did plug into my ears a bit like earplugs and there's little chance of them popping out, which is a plus. The remote only has one button, but this is enough to answer calls, skip tracks and summon Siri - however there is no volume control, which I can live with.
My one reservation about the design is the jack that plugs into my phone. Rather than coming straight out, it's L shaped and houses a little switch that you use to select whether you've got an iPhone, Blackberry, or Samsung etc. i'm concerned that the L shape jack is going to put strain on the wire, as often my phone is in my pocket and the wire would go straight upwards from the jack. I hope SoundMAGIC have anticipated this issue and made the wire strong enough at this point to withstand repeated strain, and only time will tell.
As for the sound, well I'm pleased with it so far. The bass isn't too heavy and I've worn them comfortably for a while now. I can't go into much detail about the sound itself, suggest you read a professional review for that - to be honest I'm happy with something that doesn't cost the earth and apparently is one of the best sounding earphones you can get for the money!

1.0 out of 5 stars Great sound but poor durability, 25 Mar. 2013
This review is from: SoundMAGIC E10 Earphones - Black/Red (Electronics)
Having used a couple of Sennheisers in the past when I lost a pair I decided to buy the Soundmagic E10s based on the 5 star what hifi review (product of the year in its category). After some breaking in time I found the sound to be very impressive and detailed at this price point and a noticeable improvement on comparatively priced Sennheisers (CX300/400) which I have owned over the years. Soundmagic make a big point about build quality in the marketing and use metal rather than plastic where possible which make them 'seem' (see below!) a lot more durable than most rivals at this price.

However, 6 months in and 1 earphone just stopped working dead. It appeared to be a loose connection as structurally they were fine. Luckily I was within warranty and the marketplace seller I had purchased them from sent me a new pair with no quibbles. 6 months on with my second pair and sure enough one of the earphones has broken - a carbon copy of the same problem.

So in summary they sound great (5 star) but if you can't even get more than 6 months out of a pair then what's the point? I guess that's why they're so cheap - very poor build quality. Looking at the reviews it looks like quite a few people have had similar problems. If I can't get another set through my warranty I definitely won't be buying them again and will avoid the brand in future.

5.0 out of 5 stars Incredible value, 1 Dec. 2014
S. Watson - See all my reviews
Amazing sound at this price. I've been using a pair of Shure SE215s (bought for £100+ when they were first released) and the sound quality of the E10s is very close to that level. A fantastic achievement for such a relatively cheap pair. It took me a while to find the rubber tips which provide the best feel, but I have managed to find the ones which provide a snug fit and good seal. I will be replacing the rubber tips with Comply foam in due course, but I could quite comfortably carry on with the rubber tips.

Very difficult to fault. Highly recommended!

5.0 out of 5 stars Comfortable earbuds with excellent sound quality, 22 Feb. 2015
I was initially quite disappointed with these earphones, as they sounded overwhelmingly bassy compared to my old Shure headphones and the sound felt quite unbalanced. After using them for a while though, this has settled down and they have a lovely clear balanced sound. They are very comfortable and fit securely, coming with several sizes and different types of earbud and a case to keep them in. The cable is shiny and quite stiff, so it doesn't tangle badly, and it comes with a clip to stop it from moving around when you move. The purple and black metal casing is attractive and discreet, although I've noticed that even through very gentle use (they never leave my desk) paint has rubbed off the corners, which was surprising, so I would expect them to look scruffy pretty quickly if I used them as my commuting earphones. I wear these for hours at a time while working, and they block out surrounding noise reasonably effectively even when no music is playing. When these break - as all earbuds eventually do - I like them enough to replace them with the same again.

5.0 out of 5 stars Would happily pay more for these!, 20 Feb. 2015
These headphones are stunning for this price bracket!

Having come from a trusty pair which broke down on me after 3 years of heavy use (in the £150 range), I was looking for a "cheaper" pair to tide me over whilst I saved up for something else - no need! These have now become my daily use ear buds!

Coming from any other headphones you are used to, there are always differences, but it's usually a matter of time to adjust. That said I do like ear buds that are tighter with music control, and are even - these fit the bill very well! If anything, I would say these are not as bright (treble) as my old pair, but now I am used to this it does not concern me. Everything is well balanced, and sounds great despite my wide listening variety!

There is a great selection of silicone tips with these, however I recently discovered the Comply foam tips - which go wonderfully and I would recommend to anyone that has these!

5.0 out of 5 stars and they are excellent. The noise insulation both ways (Insulating me from ..., 27 Mar. 2015
I have been using these for about a month now, and they are excellent. The noise insulation both ways (Insulating me from other people, and other people from the earphones) is amazing, they don't need to be that loud to block out everything. I frequently use these when watching movies and the sound quality is excellent. The wires are really tough, I have a bad habit of absent mindedly chewing on them but they are coated with some form of thick rubber or latex and haven't cracked at all. The build quality is very high, and they come with about 10 pairs of different ear plugs which can be changed to suit all ear sizes. It is also impossible to tangle them on accident, so you don't have to untie them every time you want to use them.

I'm not a headphone expert but for my needs these are great. Excellent sound through many different genres of music with a good amount of bass.

5.0 out of 5 stars A+++ for the price., 20 Oct. 2014
I can be a little snobby about sound. I don't often use headphones as most of the time I want music to be more physically immersive. I am used to listening to most music through a very nice and exceptionally clear and detailed valve amp and sensitive high end speakers so I wouldn't expect much from £30 headphones. My budget for portable headphones was low so reading around it seemed like these were my best bet and I was really surprised by the quality. Obviously there are many better headphones, but for the price I do not think anyone would complain.
Definitely recommended to anyone, I have listened through much more expensive headphones which fall short of the sound these produce.

SoundMAGIC E10 Earphones - Black/Red