2,051 Reviews
 (1,272)

5.0 out of 5 stars Love 'em
Nice set of cans. I once spent £90 on a pair of Shures only to find that they didn't sound anywhere near as great as expected so I'm no longer prepared to spend silly money on something that for hygiene reasons you can't really try before you buy. I've been through a few of the usual budget options: Sennheiser CX300 (pretty good), Klipsch X1 (not bad) and Skullcandy...
Published on 16 Nov. 2011 by jimi2shoes

1.0 out of 5 stars NOT GOOD
Hi - just thought I would up date potential buyers of my experience with these "in ear" headphones.

I bought them in November 2012 after reading a lot of reviews. Thought they were great until approximately 2 months ago when the "red" phone started to become faint. Yesterday (09.June.2013) both cans fell apart - the speaker section fell off the main body. This...
Published 21 months ago by J. R. Painter

‹ Previous | 197 98 99206 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Impressive, 10 Mar. 2015
D. Nash (Cheltenham, UK) - See all my reviews
I've had these earphones for about 15 mins, and already I know they are the best I've ever had! Now, I've never been one to spend a lot on earphones, not from experience or principle, just because I don't really use them enough to warrant paying loads. Up until now I've been using a £10 pair of Sonys, which to be fair sounded awesome and had amazing bass response - they only stopped working because I sweated on them one too many times at the gym.. they had a good innings.

Anyway, whilst I haven't really paid much for earphones before, I am a great believer that generally, you get what you pay for, and I like to think I have a good ear for quality sound. So, I wanted something which if they sounded good, I'd be happy with the value, but without dishing out a lot on something which frankly I probably didn't need, or may not even sound any better. Plus, I got an amazon voucher for Christmas which covered two thirds of the cost..

All I can say is they sound fantastic! The clarity is excellent, I'm listening to songs I've heard a hundred times, and hearing details to them I didn't know were even there. The balance of frequencies is just right in my opinion, its just such a well rounded sound, they produce pure listening pleasure! OK, so someone might be able to hand me a £150 pair of Bose earphones and they might be better (I don't know, I've never tried) but, they might not, and at the end of the day I've spent a fifth of the price for something that in my eyes is as good, if not better! They are stylish, well built, comfortable, and come with 7 varying sizes / shapes of buds - as well as a carry case and clip. So all in all I'm very impressed and don't really think you can argue at the price!

3.0 out of 5 stars Amazing sound, inconsistent build quality, bad reliability, 6 Jan. 2015
These were bought as a replacement for my Sennheiser CX300s which finally conked out after years of daily usage.
First impression before I even listened to these was of the styling and build quality, in part looking amazing but with cheap looking details. The actual ear phones feel like lovely, light metal - I couldn't get over how good they felt in the hand, like they had been individually machined. The red metal itself looks great too, but the black styling over it is strange and the 'E10' on the back is quite generic.
Similarly, the headphone plug is metal too and similarly pleasant to hold. The large "Made in China" print over it though clashes with the premium feel of the material. Also an L connector would be better here, although the large grip does make it easy to pull the headphones out without interfering with the cable.

The split is a symmetrical shape - personally I prefer a symmetric headphones as they tend to rest easier around my neck. These kept slipping unless I used the included clip to attach to my clothing. Some people will find this arrangement much better but to me I ended up with headphones being pulled in unexpected directions some times. The clip also sees another obtrusive printed white on black text - I really dislike how cheap it made the whole package look.

On to the sound itself and the reason why these earphones are so highly rated and recommended. In a word, they sound amazing. They are unbelievable clear and you can hear every detail. The bass isn't muddied or weak, nor does it over power the rest of the sound scape. The response was also impressive, so I could listen at a much lower volume unless there was other noise around. For this price, with these small in-ears, the sound really is magic!

Now for the really bad though - the left ear phone became unreliable and then broke completely less than 6 months after I started using them. A friend had a similar problem with his in even less time. However cheap they are for the sound, this just isn't acceptable to me. I ended up getting a new pair of CX300s - they might not sound as good but I know they'll work for ages.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent sounding, and look like good quality too., 1 Jan. 2015
Well these are good! I have had a set of Sennheiser for some years, and after having to replace the cable decided that replacements were in order. I chose the Black/red and the cable is bright red too. Look quite distinctive in use. They come with 7 sets of silicon earbuds, ranging from tiny to large. There are two sizes of hole too, presumably this will affect the sound. I haven't tried the smaller holes, so can't comment. The medium size that was fitted on arrival are a perfect fit, so I left them on. The mysterious black thing half way down the cable shown in the photo isn't a volume control (there isn't one) or a microphone, it is just the moulding that separates the single cable into two for each ear.
Audio is impressive. These earphones somehow manage to make a soundstage outside my head. A few times I have turned my head while walking, before realising the sound was coming from my earphones. Bass is a little light, but everything is very clear and nicely balanced. If you value clarity and neutrality over boom and tizz, these are for you. They are now officially my favourite earphones.
The cable is nicely flexible and doesn't tangle too readily. I hook them over the tops of my ears and down the back which kills any movement noise being transmitted into my ears. They don't block out external noise completely, but I don't mind that so much because I wear them while walking and like to be aware of traffic behind me,
They come with a matching carry case, so ignore the "Frequently Bought Together" bit under the product description which shows a carry case nearly identical to the one that comes with it. You don't need to buy another one. The carry case is just big enough to hold the earphones and all the replacement silicon buds too.
Recommended!

5.0 out of 5 stars Honesty May Be The Best Policy After All, 30 Nov. 2014
Peri Urban "periurban" (Scotland) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
This review is from: SoundMAGIC E10 Earphones - Silver/Black (Electronics)
Given the popularity of these earphones, the attractively low price, and the hundreds of 5 star reviews I was expecting great things.

I tested these using a Oneplus One smartphone, and deployed the PA Tone oscillator to test frequencies. My reference budget in ear cans are the JVC HA-FX67, which currently retail as low as £15. I tested using a variety of compressed files at VBR or 320kHz sample rate.

On first listening I was less than impressed with the E-10s. The sound seemed flat and un-engaging. Brian Johnson sounded distant and boxy on Stiff Upper Lip, and the double Young guitars had been rendered crunch-less. The beautiful vocals of Lily and Madeleine fared better, but again the instrumentation seemed to lack detail.

Normally, I would do a lot more listening before turning to the test oscillator, but my curiosity was already tweaked!

A sweeping test tone proceeding from subsonics up to supersonics (above 10kHz for me these days!) revealed a very smooth response with no peaks or troughs, with only a slight emphasis at 5kHz.

Some reviews had criticised the bass response, so I turned to my standard bass test album, Public Image Limited's This is PiL. Sure enough, the bass appeared to be somewhat reduced at least subjectively. Returning to the oscillator test, I paid more attention to the bass and was able to discern no deficit, with the low bass especially well conveyed.

Curious!

I did notice that the stereo image was a little inconsistent, which is when the light began to dawn.

I had fitted the standard ear buds that came with the earphones, choosing sizes that were equivalent to those I've been using for years (large for my right ear and medium for the left, yes, I have different sized ears!) But I hadn't got the fitting quite right! The biggest bud that these cans are supplied with doesn't completely fill my right ear, so I resorted to some old buds from another set of cans and the problem was solved.

Turning to the infamous Gangnam Style I was able to confirm that the soundstage was now very accurate.

Stiff Upper Lip still lacked some bite, but the bass was now well balanced. And Lily and Madeleine were surrounded by articulate instrumentation.

Further listening revealed more details in the original signal, including some hitherto unheard amplifier noise on The Groundhogs’ Soldier. The more I listened the more I heard.

In summary, the E 10s are technically very accurate, with few identifiable weaknesses in terms of end to end faithful reproduction of the sound signal. As ever with in ear cans getting an accurate fit with the ear buds is essential. The soundstage from left to right is astonishingly well presented and much more precise than my reference cans, which sound brash and splashy by comparison.

At first hearing the E 10s may sound bass light, but that probably has more to do with the way most cans over emphasis the lower frequencies, often to the detriment of the overall signal. The E 10s are amongst the most accurate earphones I have ever tested, but that doesn’t mean they will sound good to all tastes. Accuracy isn’t what most people want. But the listener who is prepared to spend some time with them may learn to appreciate their honesty.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent little earphones, 6 Sept. 2014
This review is from: SoundMAGIC E10 Earphones - Silver/Black (Electronics)
After my Klipsch S4i headphones snuffed it I was looking for a set of earphones that wouldn't cost the world but would provide a lovely sound. Initially I had passed over these earphones because I hadn't heard much about them. What a mistake that turned out to be. After reading a couple reviews I was impressed by the praise and decided that even if they were half as good as they were supposed to be, for £30 that's no real loss!

The first thing I noticed was how well they were packaged. Upon opening them I realised that you are also provided with a little carrying case + a clip to secure them, which is actually a nice touch. You are also provided with an abundance of earphone tips to choose from (I counted 7 pairs in total) So finding a perfect fit is almost certain!

The cable, whilst a little skinny, feels like it is wrapped in a tough plastic and is not the soft usual plastic you get on earphones like Apple's. I like it, others might not. The headphones are milled from aluminium and have a nice sturdy weight to them but don't feel unstable in my ears either.

But now for the big one - the sound. I am by no means an expert so my judgement is merely what I feel. To me the bass is tight and powerful, but not overwhelming like the JVC Xtremes or Beats. The midrange generally felt quite distinct, although sometimes floundered when the tracks became heavy in both higher and lower frequencies, albeit, I would say that this is potentially due to my DAC which is noted for a less than excellence midrange reproduction. The treble doesn't really sparkle but is crisp and not harsh, which makes listening to the higher frequency a nice experience and not one of flinching. The overall reproduction is actually quite impressive, especially considering the price tag. The soundstage feels vastly wide and not small like some headphones reproduce.

That being said, you don't get volume control or buttons on the cord. Personally I never use them so this isn't really a loss to me, but it might be to others so be warned!

So overall. The sound produced is actually a pleasure to listen to! The soundstage feels a lot larger than what it is and sound feels very natural. The refined sound and construction really screams that this was cleverly engineered. At £30 this is an absolute steal and easily justifies why this set of earphones has won so many awards. I would recommend without hesitating, even if they were double the price!

2.0 out of 5 stars Amazing, but then disaster?!., 23 Jun. 2014
I think one could write pages of comments yet still fail to articulate how these ear buds sound. I have been buying hi-fi for well over 40 years and the sound per £ has truly been amazing. To have heard a sound stage like these produce only 25 years ago one would have to have spent a fortune.
Thank goodness for the Chinese. If these had been a European company and made in Europe the cost would have skyrocketed.
As it is we can enjoy such a quality sound at a highly affordable price. Quality of materials used also construction is top class.

If you have just bought a top quality smartphone or tablet these are well worth considering. The difference in the ear buds sold with ones smartphone is awful and these little wizards will make all the difference.

Class act from packaging to sound reproduction. I cannot think what more one could reasonably expect at this price range.

This model has been around some time and has improved with time in all areas.

Update 02 07 14. Most odd. Under average circumstances head phones and speakers have a run in period where the diaphragms etc loosen up. What is most odd here is as these ear buds have been given their run in time they have progressively got worse? I have egg on my face after writing a very good review now finding myself writing the opposite.
When I now do a comparison test with several other ear buds these sound rather unimpressive to say the least? I ponder if I have purchased a lemon on this occasion? Reduced from five stars to two. I can no longer recommend these.

4.0 out of 5 stars Can't go wrong for the price!, 18 Feb. 2015
This review is from: SoundMAGIC E10 Earphones - Silver/Black (Electronics)
Great sound, bit bass heavy but that's because I'm tailored to the sound of the AKG K550. Overall quite good little things for the price.

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely great sounds from these very inexpensive earphones - great bass ..., 19 Aug. 2014
This review is from: SoundMAGIC E10 Earphones - Silver/Black (Electronics)
Absolutely great sounds from these very inexpensive earphones - great bass and mid and treble without any of them overwhelming the other.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 1 Mar. 2015
This review is from: SoundMAGIC E10 Earphones - Silver/Black (Electronics)
Great bang for the buck :)

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 25 Sept. 2014
Brilliant value for money!

‹ Previous | 197 98 99206 | Next ›