4.2 out of 5 stars2,641
Colour Name: Black & Silver|Change

on 19 December 2014
Excellent earphones, the ear buds have a range of sizes to fit different needs and preferences. The sound is crystal clear with a solid bass, no external noises. Compared to my iphone ones I think these take the top spot hands down. Unfortunately there is no volume control, so volume can only be adjusted from the music player. The other disadvantage is that when listening to music from the phone you won't be able to take incoming calls or speak through the earphones as they do not have a mic. Besides that the earphones are still a good buy.
on 17 December 2014
Fantastic! These are DEFINITELY worth getting over your bundled iPod earphones or run-of-the-mill cheapo earphones! The bass is punchy but still tight, mids and highs are clear and crisp.

You also get a small carrycase, a clip for attaching the cable to your clothes and an assortment of eartips that puts many others to shame. There are three sizes of soft and firm tips, and a double-flange tip, so you can always get the best fit for your ears.

These are my first recommendation for anyone looking for sub-£50 earphones!
on 9 May 2012
I bought these last September & use them every day for over 2 hrs and they still surprise me. I've been enjoying listening to music for 47 years that I can remember and then playing since the late 70s & have never had headphones I enjoy more. I've had Shure that cost three times the price & they had detail, no mistake but were relatively unexciting somehow. Even against all kinds of studio headphones these give just the right balance of detail, separation of instruments, pace, dynamics & excitement but most of all, musicality; the notes ring clearly. Today I've been listening to Physical Graffiti and the drums & bass are separated so clearly & the bass lines so much more defined it's like a new treat & I've been listening to that album since it came out. Just now I'm listening to Gershwin, the album recorded using a piano roll grand so it's like him playing but with modern recording & that too sounds even more exciting than usual.

The trick with these is to make sure they fit in your ear, then you get all the bass you need (& I play bass through them).

Are the more expensive Soundmagic very different or is it diminishing returns, I wonder?

Update - Mid August, one of the headphones fell apart - the plastic and metal parts separated. I have returned them, hoping to get a replacement pair but just got a refund so am shopping around ... mmm, Klipsch ProMedia look like a bargain!
on 3 March 2015
I bought these to replace my Beats headphone after they gave up after 5 years of use. Initial impressions are that they are far better than the Beats I had and they cost nearly £100! The sound from high end to bass is superb, very crisp and clear throughout the whole range and across a variety of musical stles and genres from Rock through to Pop, Soul, & Disco. The Soundmagic E10's are great so far. I also love the cables which some how just don't seem to tangle in to a mess like most headphones. They really are boxing above their weight.
on 1 April 2015
I'm a heavy user and had these headphones since October (around 5 months).

I found the sound quality was a definite improvement on my 15 pound Sony headphones. They were comfy once I found the right sized ear piece. Overall quite happy for this price however the plastic part over the wires protecting them where they connect to the jack has broken (like I said, heavy use).

Recommend these for someone who prefers a higher quality sound but can't justify spending more because they aren't going to be used daily.
on 4 March 2012
I bought these headphones after my Sennheiser CX 300 II broke, i bought these under the impression that they where better than Dre tour's, which my opinion they are, they have a great fit and come with a wide range of buds. There full mental design which SoundMagic make such a big deal out of, is a nice touch, and the rubber in the cable also adds to the cosmetic value of the product, however these earphones have a few issues, the first being the cable as it is made from rubber that is quite grippy it seems to already be bunching in places, presumably from taking them in and out of pockets, however as of yet it is not a major issue. But my main concern is the levels balance, and don't get me wrong it is great, however the higher end of the spectrum seems to have a bit too much emphasis on it, and could do with turning down a bit, and the bass a boost in certain frequencies, however it is quite good once you get a good fit on the headphones, however they have very well balanced mids and overall a very deep and wholesome sound, compared to the Sennheiser CX 300 II, which are fairly flat in comparison.

Overall these earphones are the best in the price range and i think if you have the spare £10 go for these over the Sennheiser CX 300 II's, due to their superior sound and great aesthetics. They're great for nearly all genres, but excel themselves with Dubstep and similar genres.
on 25 April 2013
I bought these to replace a pair of Sennheiser CX300's which finally gave up the ghost in the left ear after probably a good three years of fairly rough treatment - not a bad result considering other reviews of those.

I think the E10's look stunning in red and the vinyl-effect cord gives the appearance of robustness, which is definitely an improvement on the Sennheiser's flimsy rubberised finish (which also rubbed loudly causing noise).
The left and right sections of the cord are of equal length, which I personally prefer.
The connector is straight rather than elbow. Shame as my current device has the jack socket on the side.
Come with a basic clip which is a really nice touch and makes them great for running as less cable flapping around.

They're not as comfortable as the Sennheisers and I spent a while trying the insert sizes out, of which there are certainly a good selection (~7 pairs). I might try and retrofit my old inserts if I can find them.

The sound is probably the weakest point. They're clear but the high end response is noticeably flat. Bass is pretty sweet though.
Will see how they bed in though - I've only had them a day.

The unboxing could have been better. I had to pull the buds by the cord to slide the inside section out, and then had to use a small knife to cut them clear of the packaging.
on 6 April 2015
I wouldn't usually write a review but I thought many like myself research and read reviews before purchasing headphones, so this might help you make a decision. I bought my first pair of SoundMAGIC last year and they are still working. I was a loyal user of Sennheiser headphones for many years and found them constantly breaking with no sound in one headphone within a year so decided to try another brand.

The sound quality and bass is very good and importantly for me as I used these very often when studying in a noisy environment, it can block out noise very well too. The only downfall I would say is part of the headphone piece has previously disconnected. I read from previous reviews last year but I assumed it was just a one-off chance. However, if this does happen, it does not mean you can't fix it. I showed someone and they just applied a bit of pressure and it clicked back in place and since then they haven't detached or have I had any problems. I'm not sure if this is to do with manufacturing glue being weak or something.

So if your budget is roughly around £30-40, then I would highly recommend giving SoundMAGIC headphones a try!
on 29 March 2016
I would like to start by saying that I have been using these headphones for 9 months at the time of this review.

SOUND QUALITY: The sound quality of these is by far the best I’ve heard with in-ear headphones. The mids and highs are very detailed and the bass is noticeable but not overpowering. Picking out individual instruments is a bit trickier than with my ATH-M50s but they are three times the price of these.

FIT: I only have experience with the standard tips but overall, these earphones are pretty comfortable. I have been known to use them for multiple hours at a time. The cable was of a suitable length with excess spare (I am 5 foot 7 in height).

BUILD QUALITY: This is the important one for me. I always end up breaking earphones after a few months but the cabling and connector are robust and neat. The supplied carry pouch makes it very easy to chuck the headphones in the bottom of your bag and forget about them. Coiling these headphones is a treat. They can be stored in a pocket of my skinny jeans and they uncoil later with ease, it’s very rare that they get tangled and waste a minute of my life fixing them. The only bad point I have with these earphones is that the copper finish has started to fade. My cycling accident where the earphones fell into my front wheel doesn’t help, but I’ll put that down to my own negligence.
on 16 April 2015
I have changed my review for these earphones. I originally received a pair that were very 'tinny' with no base, I contacted Amazon who replaced then very quickly (Thank you Amazon) and the new pair are far better. I have played these through phone, MP3 all the way up to a Linn Classic Movie and the sound is well balanced and sounds uniform throughout the audio spectrum with no harsh notes.
I would give a 5 star but there is a question about the build quality. If you get a pair that don't sound good return them.