1,409 Reviews

5.0 out of 5 stars Love 'em
Published on 16 Nov 2011 by jimi2shoes

1.0 out of 5 stars Badly made 0 customer service
I 1st wrote this...

Great price amazing sound. The only downside is they made me realize that some of my music was ripped at too low quality. Highly recommended

EDIT UPDATE

Published on 29 April 2012 by Sittingduck

5.0 out of 5 stars Love 'em, 16 Nov 2011
Nice set of cans. I once spent 90 on a pair of Shures only to find that they didn't sound anywhere near as great as expected so I'm no longer prepared to spend silly money on something that for hygiene reasons you can't really try before you buy. I've been through a few of the usual budget options: Sennheiser CX300 (pretty good), Klipsch X1 (not bad) and Skullcandy Titans (not great) and these SoundMagics beat them all hands down. They have a lovely, warm, powerful sound. Volume is good, bass is deep and rich but doesn't overpower the mids and treble, sonic detail is impressive across every genre of music I've thrown at them so far (everything from pre-war blues to filthy dubstep). I've only had them a few days so it's a bit early to comment on build quality but they seem nice and sturdy; the earpieces, jack attachment and the collar where the wires split are all metal and seem robust. Mine came with 7 different options of ear buds (rather than the usual 3 that most manufacturers seem to supply) which is great as finding the correct fit makes a big difference to the sound of in-ear 'phones. Tempted to buy a 2nd pair for spare.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best budget sound I have ever heard, 6 Jun 2013
So I bought these a few weeks ago and have been using them a lot. In a word they are awesome.

The good points?

1. Rich, deep, bass. Sounds great with rock and metal. You hear people talk about buying great new earphones and all their favourite tracks sound different. The E10s will do that if you are coming from a budget pair - I heard greater depth, new words and minor variations in bass sounds I hadn't picked up on using budget (40) Sennheiser's . Prior to that I had a pair of high range Skull Candy's I got in a 70% off sale. Those earphones were 5 times the price and sure, they sounded better than the E10s, but only just.

2. Robustness. These seem like heavy-duty earphones with a virtually indestructible cable and robust ear-pieces. After my Skull Candy's went gaga in one ear I ripped the cable from the connector all too easily. The E10s haven't tried my patience, yet, but they would definitely put up a better fight.

3. Practicality. For me the biggest point. I have had many earphones and all of them tended to slip just a little when moving around. The design of these buds means that most of the weight is resting on the ear and not on the cable, thus they tend to stay in place better. There is a also a simple little clip on the cable you can attach to clothing and a thing that adjusts the length of the cable between the ear piece and where the cable forks. All helps prevent shocks that may pull the earphone out of position.

4. Power. Unless you change the defaults, Itunes follows EU regulations to prevent possible ear damage. With these earphones, unlike any of my 7-8 previous pairs, it feels like the EU needs to tighten up those regulations. Never thought I would hear myself say that. I've always been a full power kinda guy.

5. Noise-cancelling properties. I wore these cutting the grass and while I could feel the vibrations through the handle of the mower, I couldn't hear the engine at all. I was using maximum volume at the time.

6. Delivery arrived within the specified window, package was in good condition

Possible Drawbacks?

1. Volume. Parts of your tracks will have a minor crackling at max volume, more so when you see how to increase the volume on Itunes beyond the factory settings. @ 95% volume there is no crackling whatsoever. This may be a positive though as 100% volume for long periods might actually kill you.

2. Cable. Cable is excellent but is a fraction on the short side if you are tall.

4.0 out of 5 stars These are very good indeed., 29 Aug 2014
Mr. Kevin Pease (Lincs, UK.) - See all my reviews
It's very rare I review anything but I had to say something about these. They comfortably trounce the Apple supplied 'phones, both old and new designs. In fact, they're not that far off my 200+ Sennheiser closed-backed 'phones and a lot more portable. Not bad at all for a bit under 30.

My only slight niggle is comfort, but then I don't think having something rammed into your ear canal is ever likely to be very comfortable.

As another reviewer has already said, make sure you try every set of the included rubber tips, even if you think you've already found the right ones. The set that came installed on mine didn't work well at all. I got a good seal but they kept falling out. Thinking they were too small I tried all the larger ones with the same result. It was only when I tried the smallest set that they stayed put. The added bonus of the smallest tips is that they're much louder with them so you can either turn the volume down or just enjoy the noise, whichever's your thing :-)

I've seen occasional reviews saying they're very tinny. I would assume the people saying that have either been unlucky and got a faulty set or they're not using the correct tips for their ears, as once you get a good seal the bass is perfectly good. I'm listening to Massive Attack on them as I type this, and they reproduce the bass well with no noticeable distortion while retaining good detail at the treble end of the spectrum. I'm no audio engineer but they sound good to me. I've tried them with a range of music - rock, pop, electronica, and been perfectly happy with the reproduction.

5.0 out of 5 stars Sound quality blew me away! Even compared to 100 euro Klipsch or Sennheiser in-ears, 29 Aug 2014
I read a lot of good reviews on these headphones and for this price I thought I should give them a try.
Until now I always had 100 euro costing Klipsch in-ear headphones so I thought I might get at least similar sound or close to it but for this price they would be a nice extra pair.
Was I wrong ! !
Putting them in, using my iPod as with my 100 euro costing Klipsch in-ears and the sound blew me away.
Okay, we got to stay realistic, it are unexpensive headphones, but the sound was better than my 100 euro costing headphones from Klipsch! Never expected this!
The sound is also better than my old sennheiser headphones or my other philips in ear (around 20 euro a pair for the philips).

A lot of different sizes of in-ear plugs are provided so you will always find something that fits. I do prefer the oval shape of the klipsch headphones but the seal is good and they stay in nicely.
Only miss a mic and controls but for this price!

I can only recommend that you buy these, the sound quality will not let you down!

1.0 out of 5 stars Badly made 0 customer service, 29 April 2012
I 1st wrote this...

EDIT UPDATE

Unfortunately they fell apart after 6 months (I super glued them back together) then after a year they packed in entirely... no sound. I contacted Sound Magic they didn't respond to several Emails.

I contacted Amazon who gave me a refund. I'd get the RHA earbuds instead they are better quality and come with a 3 year guarantee

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant value, monster sound!, 15 Aug 2011
After reading a very enthusiastic review in What Hi-Fi? Sound & Vision magazine (the E10 won the entry level earphones group test) I thought I would give these SoundMAGIC earphones a try.

Well, what an incredible little earphone for the money. The sound is smooth and musical, with lots of warm bass and brilliant detail at the top.

You'll have to spend a lot more than 35 quid to come close to the E10 in terms of audio performance and quality of the product.

I'm a self confessed headphone nut (currently own the Shure SE535 and Phonak Audéo Perfect Bass Earphones 012 Colour Black), so I'm a little hard to impress. These E10's seriously impressed me!

1.0 out of 5 stars Poor build quality, 21 Oct 2012
Very pleased with the product initially, great sound quality for the money, however the sound began to crackle and distort after 6 months of fairly light use. Disappointing

5.0 out of 5 stars Top notch earphones delivering amazing sound quality, 21 April 2014
A. Camilleri - See all my reviews
(HALL OF FAME REVIEWER)    (TOP 10 REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)
The SoundMagic E10 are one of the best sub 80 earphones I have tried. Great build quality, reflecting great attention to detail in design and performance. The included stylish carry case (as per listing) comes in handy for stowing away the earphones.

The E10s feel so premium, thanks to their stylish looks and durable materials, also reflected in the sturdy ridged cable (to minimise tangling). The drivers are housed in a snazzy metal shell, and the ridges along the cable prevent it from tangling. The great looks are matched by awesome sound quality. The E10's deliver amazing crisp sound with excellent balance from treble to bass whilst retaining loads of detail.

Even though these earphones sport a slightly open back design, they barely leak any sound at all.

• As WHAT Hi-Fi? put it "The E10s look and sound like they're worth much more than which makes them an absolute steal". And I couldn't agree more!

Did I say that I love these earphones? :)

Highly recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for the price., 6 Aug 2014
I bought these headphones to replace my Apple supplied headphones. Firstly, as soon as you plug them in you will start hearing parts of your songs that you have never heard before. They are definitely bassier than the Apple headphones which is good because the music has more body to it. If it's too much you can always adjust the EQ settings on your iPhone or iPod.
They come in a handy little carry case which is great because my headphones always getting tangled up when I carry them around in my handbag. The case fits very nicely in to one of the front pockets on my handbag.
They come with several different size earpieces which is great, especially for people like me who have ever so slightly different sized ear canals.
I would definitely buy them again and after doing extensive research I found that these were the best in their price range.

1.0 out of 5 stars Sound great but build quality awful, 28 May 2013
These sound great, particularly with a cowon S9, however after 6 months and 7 days (office) use the left bud has just fell into two pieces. Not very well made it seems, the glue holding the body together appears to have turned to jelly and no longer works.
Now I have to see if Amazon will replace them.

SoundMAGIC E10 Earphones - Silver/Black