1,266 Reviews

5.0 out of 5 stars Love 'em
Published on 16 Nov 2011 by jimi2shoes

1.0 out of 5 stars Terrible
These sound and look good, I was initially impressed. However, after about a week they completely fell apart. I'll be sticking with Sennheiser from now on
Published 21 months ago by Cirrus

5.0 out of 5 stars Love 'em, 16 Nov 2011
Nice set of cans. I once spent 90 on a pair of Shures only to find that they didn't sound anywhere near as great as expected so I'm no longer prepared to spend silly money on something that for hygiene reasons you can't really try before you buy. I've been through a few of the usual budget options: Sennheiser CX300 (pretty good), Klipsch X1 (not bad) and Skullcandy Titans (not great) and these SoundMagics beat them all hands down. They have a lovely, warm, powerful sound. Volume is good, bass is deep and rich but doesn't overpower the mids and treble, sonic detail is impressive across every genre of music I've thrown at them so far (everything from pre-war blues to filthy dubstep). I've only had them a few days so it's a bit early to comment on build quality but they seem nice and sturdy; the earpieces, jack attachment and the collar where the wires split are all metal and seem robust. Mine came with 7 different options of ear buds (rather than the usual 3 that most manufacturers seem to supply) which is great as finding the correct fit makes a big difference to the sound of in-ear 'phones. Tempted to buy a 2nd pair for spare.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best budget sound I have ever heard, 6 Jun 2013
So I bought these a few weeks ago and have been using them a lot. In a word they are awesome.

The good points?

1. Rich, deep, bass. Sounds great with rock and metal. You hear people talk about buying great new earphones and all their favourite tracks sound different. The E10s will do that if you are coming from a budget pair - I heard greater depth, new words and minor variations in bass sounds I hadn't picked up on using budget (40) Sennheiser's . Prior to that I had a pair of high range Skull Candy's I got in a 70% off sale. Those earphones were 5 times the price and sure, they sounded better than the E10s, but only just.

2. Robustness. These seem like heavy-duty earphones with a virtually indestructible cable and robust ear-pieces. After my Skull Candy's went gaga in one ear I ripped the cable from the connector all too easily. The E10s haven't tried my patience, yet, but they would definitely put up a better fight.

3. Practicality. For me the biggest point. I have had many earphones and all of them tended to slip just a little when moving around. The design of these buds means that most of the weight is resting on the ear and not on the cable, thus they tend to stay in place better. There is a also a simple little clip on the cable you can attach to clothing and a thing that adjusts the length of the cable between the ear piece and where the cable forks. All helps prevent shocks that may pull the earphone out of position.

4. Power. Unless you change the defaults, Itunes follows EU regulations to prevent possible ear damage. With these earphones, unlike any of my 7-8 previous pairs, it feels like the EU needs to tighten up those regulations. Never thought I would hear myself say that. I've always been a full power kinda guy.

5. Noise-cancelling properties. I wore these cutting the grass and while I could feel the vibrations through the handle of the mower, I couldn't hear the engine at all. I was using maximum volume at the time.

6. Delivery arrived within the specified window, package was in good condition

Possible Drawbacks?

1. Volume. Parts of your tracks will have a minor crackling at max volume, more so when you see how to increase the volume on Itunes beyond the factory settings. @ 95% volume there is no crackling whatsoever. This may be a positive though as 100% volume for long periods might actually kill you.

2. Cable. Cable is excellent but is a fraction on the short side if you are tall.

5.0 out of 5 stars The only pair of headphones you need for an MP3 Collection., 3 July 2014
This review is from: SoundMAGIC E10 Earphones - Silver/Black (Electronics)
Ordered these Earphones about 1pm yesterday and arrived today at 10am. extremely pleased with the One Day Delivery option!

I was very skeptical about buying earphones online as I like to try things out before I try them, but due to hygeine reasons its not possible to try them out easily in store, unless you know someone who works where they are for sale.

I have tried and tested MEElectronics DD53P-BK's, Seinheisser CX300ii's, SkullCandy Ink'd, Seinheisser CX475's, Veho Qube's first blackedition, and various others including budget Sony headphones. These single handedly wipe the floor with them all.

Deep rich powerful bass, not overwhelming but consistently there, hits very low notes all the way down to around 10Hz
Vocals are crystal clear, the type you would expect to hear in a cinema room or high end install. all the instruments sound perfect, guitar and piano sounds amazing!

I like to listen to Drum & bass, trance, deep house and tech house. all of these are played perfectly and well presented.

I have a set of KRK Rokit 6's and these earphones equally bring out all the hidden noises you would not normally hear from your standard speakers or earphones.

Soundstage is huge, it feels like your actually in the concert room with some live mixes and recordings. mids are punchy and agressive, you can feel the thump when the bass kicks in.

I am using a 6th generation ipod 160gb and have also bought the additional Comply TX-400 tips as the standard ones arent that good (in my eyes) defenitly notice a difference with these tips as it blocks out alot of noise from outside and also keeps the music from leaking out the earbuds, thus more bass and you can play at a higher volume without distracing other people around you. worth the 20!

I will be buying again soon just to have a spare! very very pleased.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great earphones put them through bass tests and they perform ..., 6 July 2014
This review is from: SoundMAGIC E10 Earphones - Silver/Black (Electronics)
Great earphones put them through bass tests and they perform very well plus was surprised with a nice little bonus of having a nice protective case to store them.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic Soundmagic E-10's, 6 July 2014
Absolutely brilliant. These are much better than my CX-300 II's. The sound quality is superb for earphones at this price. They seem very well made but I guess time will tell. I hear sounds and background noise within many tracks that I have never heard before. It is as though you are in the recording studio or are listening to them live. You must buy a set of these.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 5 July 2014
Best headphone ever had

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant Earphones, 3 July 2014
This review is from: SoundMAGIC E10 Earphones - Silver/Black (Electronics)
Absolutely love them the best set of "In Ear" phones I have ever had the richness of tone and timbre is the best yet, I have had active noise reduction senheisser head phones and these Sound Magic E10's beat them hands down for clarity pitch and power and even noise reduction these beat all earphones I have ever had

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice looking cool sounding !, 3 July 2014
This review is from: SoundMAGIC E10 Earphones - Silver/Black (Electronics)
Sound seems ok,like the look of the cables just hope they last ,nice little carry case for spare buds too all in all not bad !

5.0 out of 5 stars Top notch earphones delivering great sound quality, 21 April 2014
A. Camilleri - See all my reviews
(HALL OF FAME REVIEWER)    (TOP 10 REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)
The SoundMagic E10 are one of the best sub 80 earphones I have tried. Great build quality, reflecting great attention to detail in design and performance. The included stylish carry case (as per listing) comes in handy for stowing away the earphones.

The E10s feel so premium, thanks to their stylish looks and durable materials, also reflected in the sturdy ridged cable (to minimise tangling). The drivers are housed in a snazzy metal shell, and the ridges along the cable prevent it from tangling. The great looks are matched by awesome sound quality. The E10's deliver amazing crisp sound with excellent balance from treble to bass whilst retaining loads of detail.

Even though these earphones sport a slightly open back design, they barely leak any sound at all.

○ As WHAT Hi-Fi? put it "The E10s look and sound like they're worth much more than which makes them an absolute steal". And I couldn't agree more!

Did I say that I love these earphones? :)

Highly recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars Extremely impressed, 10 Sep 2011
S. Rouse (Manchester, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: SoundMAGIC E10 Earphones - Silver/Black (Electronics)
Bought these to replace a pair of Sennheisers in which one ear had stopped working. Extremely impressed, especially for the price. Look, feel and sound like earphones at twice or three times the price. I listen to a wide variety of music, from rock to contemporary classical and everything in between, and they sound great whatever I'm listening too.

Update: Been listening to these for a few days now and I'm more impressed than ever. The detail is superb! I've been browsing my iPod listening to things with new ears!

SoundMAGIC E10 Earphones - Silver/Black