2,138 Reviews

Published on 16 Nov. 2011 by jimi2shoes

1.0 out of 5 stars Great sound but poor durability
Published on 25 Mar. 2013 by GW

5.0 out of 5 stars Love 'em, 16 Nov. 2011
Nice set of cans. I once spent £90 on a pair of Shures only to find that they didn't sound anywhere near as great as expected so I'm no longer prepared to spend silly money on something that for hygiene reasons you can't really try before you buy. I've been through a few of the usual budget options: Sennheiser CX300 (pretty good), Klipsch X1 (not bad) and Skullcandy Titans (not great) and these SoundMagics beat them all hands down. They have a lovely, warm, powerful sound. Volume is good, bass is deep and rich but doesn't overpower the mids and treble, sonic detail is impressive across every genre of music I've thrown at them so far (everything from pre-war blues to filthy dubstep). I've only had them a few days so it's a bit early to comment on build quality but they seem nice and sturdy; the earpieces, jack attachment and the collar where the wires split are all metal and seem robust. Mine came with 7 different options of ear buds (rather than the usual 3 that most manufacturers seem to supply) which is great as finding the correct fit makes a big difference to the sound of in-ear 'phones. Tempted to buy a 2nd pair for spare.

5.0 out of 5 stars Previous Sennheiser fan, now SoundMAGIC user for more than a year. Great noise cancellation and sound quality!, 6 April 2015
This review is from: SoundMAGIC E10 Earphones - Silver/Black (Electronics)
I wouldn't usually write a review but I thought many like myself research and read reviews before purchasing headphones, so this might help you make a decision. I bought my first pair of SoundMAGIC last year and they are still working. I was a loyal user of Sennheiser headphones for many years and found them constantly breaking with no sound in one headphone within a year so decided to try another brand.

The sound quality and bass is very good and importantly for me as I used these very often when studying in a noisy environment, it can block out noise very well too. The only downfall I would say is part of the headphone piece has previously disconnected. I read from previous reviews last year but I assumed it was just a one-off chance. However, if this does happen, it does not mean you can't fix it. I showed someone and they just applied a bit of pressure and it clicked back in place and since then they haven't detached or have I had any problems. I'm not sure if this is to do with manufacturing glue being weak or something.

So if your budget is roughly around £30-40, then I would highly recommend giving SoundMAGIC headphones a try!

5.0 out of 5 stars Comfortable earbuds with excellent sound quality, 22 Feb. 2015
I was initially quite disappointed with these earphones, as they sounded overwhelmingly bassy compared to my old Shure headphones and the sound felt quite unbalanced. After using them for a while though, this has settled down and they have a lovely clear balanced sound. They are very comfortable and fit securely, coming with several sizes and different types of earbud and a case to keep them in. The cable is shiny and quite stiff, so it doesn't tangle badly, and it comes with a clip to stop it from moving around when you move. The purple and black metal casing is attractive and discreet, although I've noticed that even through very gentle use (they never leave my desk) paint has rubbed off the corners, which was surprising, so I would expect them to look scruffy pretty quickly if I used them as my commuting earphones. I wear these for hours at a time while working, and they block out surrounding noise reasonably effectively even when no music is playing. When these break - as all earbuds eventually do - I like them enough to replace them with the same again.

5.0 out of 5 stars and they are excellent. The noise insulation both ways (Insulating me from ..., 27 Mar. 2015
I have been using these for about a month now, and they are excellent. The noise insulation both ways (Insulating me from other people, and other people from the earphones) is amazing, they don't need to be that loud to block out everything. I frequently use these when watching movies and the sound quality is excellent. The wires are really tough, I have a bad habit of absent mindedly chewing on them but they are coated with some form of thick rubber or latex and haven't cracked at all. The build quality is very high, and they come with about 10 pairs of different ear plugs which can be changed to suit all ear sizes. It is also impossible to tangle them on accident, so you don't have to untie them every time you want to use them.

I'm not a headphone expert but for my needs these are great. Excellent sound through many different genres of music with a good amount of bass.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic, 8 May 2015
I was searching around for ages for a decent pair of headphones under £50 and I was about to buy the Sony MDR-EX650 when I saw these recommended in the comments section, apparently having as good sound quality but at a fraction of the price.

How right they were! I've only had these a few days but I love them already. I like a lot of bass so these are perfect. With past headphones I would normally have to turn the bass up on the equaliser to get the slightest bit but these have the perfect amount of bass so I actually had to turn the extra bass down/off. If you don't like bass that much I'd recommend using the EQ to turn the bass down to your level. The sound is still crisp and clear despite the extra bass!

If they sound tinny and rubbish they're probably not far enough in your ear, as they need to form an airtight seal. You get loads of ear buds for this so this shouldn't be a problem!
As for the build, only time will tell if they will break in 6 months or so like other comments have said but I sure hope not because the sound quality in these is top notch!

The only problem I can think of is the cable feels a bit thin so they might get tangled very easily but you get a pouch so that should help stop that.

5.0 out of 5 stars Delayed review but better late then never, 20 April 2015
This review is from: SoundMAGIC E10 Earphones - Silver/Black (Electronics)
Delayed review but better late then never. Theses are perfect good quality in-ear headphones. TBH I had never heard much of soundmagic before and so was a bit cautious. I have always used sennheiser. These really surprised me and worked as I hoped, not expected. Used it for almost a year now and no problems so far.

Pros:
- reliability
- decent sound quality
- coloured earbud base - easy identification of right/left
- great value for money!

Cons
- Maybe its cord (gets tangled up a bit and doesnt feel as expensive as sennheiser - but this is a minor - no real problems!)

5.0 out of 5 stars Would happily pay more for these!, 20 Feb. 2015
This review is from: SoundMAGIC E10 Earphones - Silver/Black (Electronics)
These headphones are stunning for this price bracket!

Having come from a trusty pair which broke down on me after 3 years of heavy use (in the £150 range), I was looking for a "cheaper" pair to tide me over whilst I saved up for something else - no need! These have now become my daily use ear buds!

Coming from any other headphones you are used to, there are always differences, but it's usually a matter of time to adjust. That said I do like ear buds that are tighter with music control, and are even - these fit the bill very well! If anything, I would say these are not as bright (treble) as my old pair, but now I am used to this it does not concern me. Everything is well balanced, and sounds great despite my wide listening variety!

There is a great selection of silicone tips with these, however I recently discovered the Comply foam tips - which go wonderfully and I would recommend to anyone that has these!

1.0 out of 5 stars Great sound but poor durability, 25 Mar. 2013
Having used a couple of Sennheisers in the past when I lost a pair I decided to buy the Soundmagic E10s based on the 5 star what hifi review (product of the year in its category). After some breaking in time I found the sound to be very impressive and detailed at this price point and a noticeable improvement on comparatively priced Sennheisers (CX300/400) which I have owned over the years. Soundmagic make a big point about build quality in the marketing and use metal rather than plastic where possible which make them 'seem' (see below!) a lot more durable than most rivals at this price.

However, 6 months in and 1 earphone just stopped working dead. It appeared to be a loose connection as structurally they were fine. Luckily I was within warranty and the marketplace seller I had purchased them from sent me a new pair with no quibbles. 6 months on with my second pair and sure enough one of the earphones has broken - a carbon copy of the same problem.

So in summary they sound great (5 star) but if you can't even get more than 6 months out of a pair then what's the point? I guess that's why they're so cheap - very poor build quality. Looking at the reviews it looks like quite a few people have had similar problems. If I can't get another set through my warranty I definitely won't be buying them again and will avoid the brand in future.

1.0 out of 5 stars Good sound weak build quality, 18 Dec. 2012
Brought these after searching web for best £30-50 headphones. The sound was good but unfortunately the speaker came away from the housing after just a few months of use. There is only a 2mm-3mm lip holding the tip to the case and its glued, I have organised a refund with Amazon as I feel that it's a problem waiting to happen.

4.0 out of 5 stars Reliable and Good Quality, 28 Mar. 2015
This review is from: SoundMAGIC E10 Earphones - Silver/Black (Electronics)
This is my second pair of these earphones because I mislaid my last pair after a year or so and the quality is just as commendable! Would recommend to anyone in need of well priced earphones. The only issue I have is that the cable clip sometimes slips off when the cable is pulled a bit but otherwise they do the job nicely!

SoundMAGIC E10 Earphones - Silver/Black