1,293 Reviews

5.0 out of 5 stars Love 'em
Published on 16 Nov 2011 by jimi2shoes

1.0 out of 5 stars Terrible
These sound and look good, I was initially impressed. However, after about a week they completely fell apart. I'll be sticking with Sennheiser from now on
Published 21 months ago by Cirrus

5.0 out of 5 stars Love 'em, 16 Nov 2011
Nice set of cans. I once spent 90 on a pair of Shures only to find that they didn't sound anywhere near as great as expected so I'm no longer prepared to spend silly money on something that for hygiene reasons you can't really try before you buy. I've been through a few of the usual budget options: Sennheiser CX300 (pretty good), Klipsch X1 (not bad) and Skullcandy Titans (not great) and these SoundMagics beat them all hands down. They have a lovely, warm, powerful sound. Volume is good, bass is deep and rich but doesn't overpower the mids and treble, sonic detail is impressive across every genre of music I've thrown at them so far (everything from pre-war blues to filthy dubstep). I've only had them a few days so it's a bit early to comment on build quality but they seem nice and sturdy; the earpieces, jack attachment and the collar where the wires split are all metal and seem robust. Mine came with 7 different options of ear buds (rather than the usual 3 that most manufacturers seem to supply) which is great as finding the correct fit makes a big difference to the sound of in-ear 'phones. Tempted to buy a 2nd pair for spare.

5.0 out of 5 stars Top notch earphones delivering great sound quality, 21 April 2014
A. Camilleri - See all my reviews
(HALL OF FAME REVIEWER)    (TOP 10 REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)
The SoundMagic E10 are one of the best sub 100.87€ earphones I have tried. Great build quality, reflecting great attention to detail in design and performance. The included stylish carry case (as per listing) comes in handy for stowing away the earphones.

The E10s feel so premium, thanks to their stylish looks and durable materials, also reflected in the sturdy ridged cable (to minimise tangling). The drivers are housed in a snazzy metal shell, and the ridges along the cable prevent it from tangling. The great looks are matched by awesome sound quality. The E10's deliver amazing crisp sound with excellent balance from treble to bass whilst retaining loads of detail.

Even though these earphones sport a slightly open back design, they barely leak any sound at all.

• As WHAT Hi-Fi? put it "The E10s look and sound like they're worth much more than which makes them an absolute steal". And I couldn't agree more!

Did I say that I love these earphones? :)

Highly recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best budget sound I have ever heard, 6 Jun 2013
This review is from: SoundMAGIC E10 Earphones - Black/Gold (Electronics)
So I bought these a few weeks ago and have been using them a lot. In a word they are awesome.

The good points?

1. Rich, deep, bass. Sounds great with rock and metal. You hear people talk about buying great new earphones and all their favourite tracks sound different. The E10s will do that if you are coming from a budget pair - I heard greater depth, new words and minor variations in bass sounds I hadn't picked up on using budget (40) Sennheiser's . Prior to that I had a pair of high range Skull Candy's I got in a 70% off sale. Those earphones were 5 times the price and sure, they sounded better than the E10s, but only just.

2. Robustness. These seem like heavy-duty earphones with a virtually indestructible cable and robust ear-pieces. After my Skull Candy's went gaga in one ear I ripped the cable from the connector all too easily. The E10s haven't tried my patience, yet, but they would definitely put up a better fight.

3. Practicality. For me the biggest point. I have had many earphones and all of them tended to slip just a little when moving around. The design of these buds means that most of the weight is resting on the ear and not on the cable, thus they tend to stay in place better. There is a also a simple little clip on the cable you can attach to clothing and a thing that adjusts the length of the cable between the ear piece and where the cable forks. All helps prevent shocks that may pull the earphone out of position.

4. Power. Unless you change the defaults, Itunes follows EU regulations to prevent possible ear damage. With these earphones, unlike any of my 7-8 previous pairs, it feels like the EU needs to tighten up those regulations. Never thought I would hear myself say that. I've always been a full power kinda guy.

5. Noise-cancelling properties. I wore these cutting the grass and while I could feel the vibrations through the handle of the mower, I couldn't hear the engine at all. I was using maximum volume at the time.

6. Delivery arrived within the specified window, package was in good condition

Possible Drawbacks?

1. Volume. Parts of your tracks will have a minor crackling at max volume, more so when you see how to increase the volume on Itunes beyond the factory settings. @ 95% volume there is no crackling whatsoever. This may be a positive though as 100% volume for long periods might actually kill you.

2. Cable. Cable is excellent but is a fraction on the short side if you are tall.

5.0 out of 5 stars I have purchased a lot of earphones around the 20-40 mark over the past few years and these are the best so far., 17 July 2014
Stephen Mooney "StephenM" (Belfast, N Ireland) - See all my reviews
These earphones have proved great for the price.

I researched them and they were awarded honours from Which magazine and other various magazines so as my last ones broke, decided to try them.

I've had them for 2 weeks now and they are superb. Sound is crisp and clean, no distortion at highest volume and they are noise cancelling which is brilliant.

They seem strong and sturdy and the cable is very good and doesn't tangle.

They come with a carry case and fit in the ear nicely.

Overall no issues at all with them and I'm very pleased with them for the price.

5.0 out of 5 stars Unbeatable at this price., 19 July 2014
Normally I buy Sony phones but for a 5 star rating in sound quality I would have needed to spend 100. These E10's are 30+ and nothing touches them for the price. The standard Apple headphones sound very cheap and shallow after using these Soundmagic. Very loud, bass is deep but controlled so it doesn't impact on the higher range detail. Amazing results and comes with plenty of ear bud sizes. If you are looking at headphones below 50 buy these. I hadn't heard of Soundmagic before, but then I read all the reviews from professionals like What Hi-Fi and took a leap of faith. Just buy them they are fantastic.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great quality headphones for the price., 19 July 2014
M. J. Craig "Extralife" (Belfast, UK) - See all my reviews
For the price, these are exceptionally high quality headphones with a solid sound. The ear pieces are made of metal rather than the usual cheap plastic and feel really solid. The headphones also come with their own zip case and a crazy number of different sized rubber fittings, so no matter what your ear shape I'm sure you will be fine.

5.0 out of 5 stars Blu Ray For The Ears (too much capitalisation), 14 Feb 2014
Firstly, apologies for the not amazon verified purchase. I bought these on a site ending with 'bay' and beginning with 'E' they were pence cheaper and delivered by a bloke who claimed to be a courier and looked like a farmer from a Carry On film, though i digress.
Honestly, anyone who say's these headphones are no better than their '1p a pair came with my iphone' headphones must have auditory defects in the brainal regions. I have just 'sat-on to death in my ass pocket' my previous headphones (Sennheiser cx300 ii), they've lost all their right ear privileges. The E10's have no extra bass (i must stress, I do have a background in sound recording) over the sennheiser cx300 ii. They Do however have oodles of response over the Sennheisers. This means the tiny diaphragm in the ear bud goes backwards and forwards mega fast compared to rubbish headphones. This allows for lots more detail in the sound. I found with the E10's i could 'hear the room', there is enough detail to hear the ambiance of the room in which the the microphone was placed. I did an acid test with my Sennheisers (the surviving earbud) and the verdict, it's all about the response. The sennheisers sound a little dull in comparison, they simply can't keep up with the detail in the sound. Road testing the E10's I tried Skrillex for bass, which was, amazingly, not too over pronounced. I tried Nirvana In Utero, which gave an inexplicable 'warts n all' insight, complete with analogue hiss. The best test of these headphones i found was Paranoid Android Radiohead (compression heaven for sound recordists.. or too much?), the response allowed every instrument to stand alone in a way that i haven't heard outside the studio, or on a 20 grand Linn system, or a VERY expensive pair of headphones.
In short, I understand that there's a lot of ridiculously good headphones out there and if you have five hundred quid to spare on a tiny little aspect of your life then GO FOR IT. For the rest of us normal people i say this; If you listen to music on your ipod/phone then buy these. Otherwise you've got a Ferrari with bicycle wheels and spokey dokes.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful listening experience - Amazing earphones!, 27 Sep 2011
These earphones are simply stunning. Forget the price!

Build quality - lovely metal and very solid.

Sound - from base to treble, crystal clear, full of warmth, and simply sublime. Nice one Soundmagic people

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant value, monster sound!, 15 Aug 2011
After reading a very enthusiastic review in What Hi-Fi? Sound & Vision magazine (the E10 won the entry level earphones group test) I thought I would give these SoundMAGIC earphones a try.

Well, what an incredible little earphone for the money. The sound is smooth and musical, with lots of warm bass and brilliant detail at the top.

You'll have to spend a lot more than 35 quid to come close to the E10 in terms of audio performance and quality of the product.

I'm a self confessed headphone nut (currently own the Shure SE535 and Phonak Audéo Perfect Bass Earphones 012 Colour Black), so I'm a little hard to impress. These E10's seriously impressed me!

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely outstanding A+++++, 7 Sep 2011
Amazon Customer (Bristol, England) - See all my reviews
I bought these as I heard good things. I have been a long time sennheiser user CX300, 380 etc and have always thought they were unbeatable.Hearing the E10's in comparison, it was like I had been listening with cotton wool in my ears all these years.
They are so clean and clear with Good Bass -Mid - High's.
Very good build quality,