5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect, no more pulling!
Published on 11 Nov. 2012 by Lumisa

3.0 out of 5 stars Great Idea but.....
Published on 24 Mar. 2013 by SB

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect, no more pulling!, 11 Nov. 2012
Bought a medium sized harness for my 4 month old puppy who can't help herself when she's walking past a person or dog... and it works perfectly! With just her collar, my puppy couldn't care less if she's pulling infront of me and choking herself. After sticking the harness on her, and taking it out for a test spin, it didn't take long before my puppy decided to get up to her usual tricks. She pulled ahead when she seen the park - nope! - she was turned around and looking at me, all confused. After trying a couple more times, she figured out that she only ends up facing me.

After walking for a couple of days, puppy walks perfectly by my side and not in front of me anymore. She also doesn't pull to get to other dogs, walking past them with just a look, sometimes a little pull so she's facing towards you again.

Definitely recommend this!

3.0 out of 5 stars Great Idea but....., 24 Mar. 2013
The idea of the way the harness works is brilliant. It really does work and stopped our 6 month old lab from pulling. The kids were able to walk her on this harness unlike when she is on a collar and lead she is far to strong and pulls them. However, it does rub. We have tried it loose and tighter on her. Tighter is better but we can still only use it on her maybe once or at most twice a week because it gave her red marks and then eventually sores when we kept using it. We have since had to go and purchase another very expensive padded harness which doesn't stop her from pulling. If the makers of this harness put a bit more money into the design and added padding and protection to it, I would pay more money for it as the concept of it definately works. I read the reviews before buying this and a lot of people said it rubs. I thought I would take a chance on it, but it does rub and as I said, it causes sores too unfortunately. Save your money and wait for a re-design and then buy it!

5.0 out of 5 stars effective & humane, 11 Mar. 2012
we bought this style of harness to try & rehabilitate our recently adopted, serially rehomed rescue dog's serious leash pulling. she accepted the harness with just a little positive reinforcement & has adjusted to it well. it has been a useful aid in curtailing her pulling sufficiently to begin doing some recall work with her, using a retractable leash. as with any training regime - particularly with a mature dog & many ingrained undesirable, antisocial behaviours needing rehabilitated - the harness is an aid, rather than an instant cure. trainee co-operation + a calm, patient & consistent trainer boost its effectiveness.

1.0 out of 5 stars Does the job but at what cost?, 22 Sept. 2013
I have to admit it works great and stopped both my border collies from pulling while on the lead, but left them both with red raw sores under their front legs (armpit area). And yes I fitted both harnesses exactly as the instructions say to, the problem is no matter how you adjust it the strap that goes under the belly rides forward under their front legs and rubs them sore.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant product for my puller!, 18 Feb. 2013
Ashleigh (Toronto, Canada) - See all my reviews
I love these harnesses - would recommend them to anybody. They definitely help with pulling and they're also well-made and very sturdy and DON'T hurt the dog at all or hinder their movement if they're properly (snugly) fitted! (I had problems initially with rubbing in the armpits, but readjusted the fit and it's perfect now.)

5.0 out of 5 stars amazing piece of kit, 6 Aug. 2012
Di Farrell (Reepham, Lincolnshire United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: PetSafe Easy Walk Harness - Large - Black (Misc.)
I have a 7stone Dobermann ,all muscle and bone, who has out thought every piece of kit I have tried and also confounded dog trainers. He pulls like a truck and has damaged my rotator cuff on my shoulder twice in his casual exuberance. We hike 30m a week and I was desperate for a solution as he had become allergic (face reaction) to his dogmatic halti which partially contained him.

This arrived the next day and worked immediately on a local hike so was tested to th hilt in the Peak District the following day on a tough hike 2000ft up. what a dream, I'd recommend this to anyone

Di Farrell

4.0 out of 5 stars Amazing with no discomfort., 26 Oct. 2014
T. Mould "DUDE'LLS" (W MIDS) - See all my reviews
I don't very often leave reviews, however on this occasion I felt that I have to. This harness is unbelievable I have a 6 mth old White GSD she was perfect at heal recall pretty much everything before she had had all her injections. Then she wss let loose to everything in world that needed chasing birds cats, dogs, leaves,squirrels, rabbits , balls you name it she wants to chase it. I have a back condition so having a steam engine on the end of a lead did not help, so I tried the halti I had from previous dogs , harnesses, gentle leaders figure of 8 leads .she will walk lovely for a while then she would get very upset trying to get out of them, also her nose would bare the marks of head collars. S o I was browsing through the pet site when this harness with good reviews came up along with others , I was not prepared to pay a fortune on yet another claim to save from being pulled over .
Ordered on prime so next day delivery I read instructions and put it on my bouncing girl she has come accustomed to new type of lead on regular basis, I then decided lets walk and that is exactly what she did, not pulling jumping chasing yanking me to the nearest objects that she fancied. She walked in fact a lot of the time I was in front and had to call her to follow, I checked harness to make sure she wasn't in any sort of pain she didn't want to try to take it off , so wow. Is it a fluke I thought so I took her again a few hours later same result, I have ordered large and adjusted to smallest setting knowing that she is growing, 2 days later she runs to me when she see's it , where as before although she loved her walks she wasn't enthusiastic about going when using facial training devices. So all I can say it has worked for me I saw a standard poodle taking her owner for a walk I told her about this harness, its not to expensive and I'm very happy with it, thank you for the fast delivery and for making my puppy and I very happy as we can now both enjoy our walks.

1.0 out of 5 stars rubs on my dogs armpits, 25 Mar. 2014
Chaffed my collie x terribly behind the legs on his armpits as there's no padding and the harness is harsh. I googled and this is so common that a US company sells padded straps to fit it - sadly not available here. Would not recommend

5.0 out of 5 stars A great success, 3 Oct. 2012
This item has made such a difference to our walks. I have bought this for both dogs. One of my dogs is very strong and difficult to walk. Now I can manage them both with one hand.Its brilliant!

5.0 out of 5 stars A very useful harness, 4 Nov. 2012
It's a strong a useful harness. I bought it for a friends dog and she's really pleased with it.

She would recommend it for other people

PetSafe Easy Walk Harness - Large - Black