5.0 out of 5 stars Budget Lux Meter
I bought and tested this little Budget Lux Meter, and it simple, fast and works fine, no problems, just take off the sensors light cover protection. Add the 9volt battery in the pack and off you go.

I use it for Daylight Photography copying my paintings, measuring light bulbs real light intensity.

p.s. My son took it to his summer science class on...
Published on 22 Aug. 2011 by Dimitris C. Milionis

3.0 out of 5 stars Works well but I don't like the shiny slippery plastic that it is made of ...
Works well but I don't like the shiny slippery plastic that it is made of as it makes it difficult to hold.
Published 6 months ago by Old Cyclist with a bus pass

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Budget Lux Meter, 22 Aug. 2011

p.s. My son took it to his summer science class on myconos island to demonstrate light measurements indoor and outdoor and a day trip to Delos Aegean.

Illuminance Examples range
This model does not read the below 4 examples(you don't really need it)

0.0004 lux Total starlight, overcast sky

50 lux Family living room
80 lux Hallway/toilet
100 lux Very dark overcast day
320-500 lux Office lighting
400 lux Sunrise or sunset on a clear day.
1,000 lux Overcast day; typical TV studio lighting
10,000-20,000 lux Full daylight (not direct sun)

does not read (you don't need it)
32,000-130,000 lux Direct sunlight

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Value for Money, 15 April 2009
I was looking for a cheap lux meter and this item seemed to fit the criteria. I actually purchased 2 of them as my colleague also needed one.
Delivery was within 48 hours and they arrived well packed.

Typically I didn't read the instructions and I spent several minutes cursing the fact that the first one I opened didn't work. Once I had removed the cover to the photocell it was fine!

There was a small difference in the readings from both meters but it was within the allowed tolerances.

My only criticism is the lead between the sensor and the meter. It is quite short and does not allow you to move far enough away from the photocell to eliminate possible shadows.

5.0 out of 5 stars If you suffer from sad, get one of these new pineapple sized eco ..., 25 Mar. 2015
tricky911t (London England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Mini Digital Light Lux Meter - Sinometer LX-1010B
Being a slave to the computer I dont always get enough daylight, and knowing how quickly the eyes adapt when walking in or out doors, its hard to tell just how bright a room really is.

Well the low energy saving bulbs supposedly equivalent to the old 100w bulbs are not as bright as the old 100w incandescent by about 20lux, but the brightness in the room (subjective becuase lux is measured in squares) means that if you want to improve your mood you need at least 300w bulbs in an avg room but if you want to be able to concentrate you need still more brighter lighting.

If you suffer from sad, get one of these new pineapple sized eco bulbs knocking around online, much better than purpose built sad lights which I've also experimented with and with this lux meter device you can then see how bright your rooms are around the house and then compare them to daylight levels in different weather conditions throughout the year.

I've used this to make key rooms brighter as a result of the measurements so its a most useful device.

4.0 out of 5 stars Does the job, 18 Nov. 2009
Bluebell (UK) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
My husband wanted a reasonably-priced light-meter to compare the different sorts of lights we have in the house and to compare low-energy v. other types of light-bulb. He is satisfied with this light-meter and found it easy to use. Thanks to an earlier reviewer on this web-site he knew to remove the clip-on plastic shield over the light-meter hand-set as it is not obvious that one has to do this to get the device to work.

5.0 out of 5 stars Handy little gadget., 3 Jan. 2012
M. Dolby - See all my reviews
Bought this to help me locate the best growing spots for indoor plants! I don't have a greenhouse so have to overwinter plants in random corners of rooms, on bookshelves, crammed onto windowsills, etc. Getting proper lux readings was an interesting project and I've now shuffled a few plants into better spaces so they won't get as leggy as they have in the past! For me it's a toy for my hobby as a gardener, but I can say it is easy to use and comes in a sturdy padded box.

4.0 out of 5 stars Light Meter, 26 Aug. 2011
Arrived before time, works a treat for me, would of liked a bit more detail about Lux setting as I use this in Manual Handling Risk Assessments

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good economical purchase, 13 Jun. 2013
This review is from: Mini Digital Light Lux Meter - Sinometer LX-1010B
This is very accurate, easy to use and sturdy. I did not want anything too complicated. The readings are very clear and instant. You do have to do the odd calculation depending on extremes of environment but it is extremely intuitive to use, and I am delighted with it.

4.0 out of 5 stars light meter, 9 July 2012
Very easy to use. Only down side, item not as photo, as the Sensor much smaller.
Plus point it is very obvious when the cover is over the sensor.
Rated 4 due to error in picture.

5.0 out of 5 stars Works fine, good value., 17 Dec. 2012
This review is from: Mini Digital Light Lux Meter - Sinometer LX-1010B
Works fine normally, I however am modifying it to measure infrared light. I have not had a chance to use it measuring IR light yet but that is what I will be using it for.

5.0 out of 5 stars Give me sunshine, 23 Jan. 2013
This review is from: Mini Digital Light Lux Meter - Sinometer LX-1010B
A well presented package this; simplicity to set up and use, comes with a protective casing and box. Could have paid more but this does the job. Great value for money

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›