4.0 out of 5 stars At last, a decent working range
If there is one major improvement with the third generation 3D glasses, it is a decent working range.

Published on 12 Jan. 2012 by Desert Cowboy

3.0 out of 5 stars Rebadged glasses for china!!!
This is rebadged cheaper chinese model of Panasonic 3D glasses instead of the model described on the website.(model TY-EW3D3MC instead of TY-EW3D3ME). It works fine, but the instructions are in chinese. There is any disordered copy of english instrucions for the old model glasses (TY-EW3D2MU) for USA in the box too, so there is NO Pan European guarantee!
Published on 21 May 2012 by Kiril Georgiev

4.0 out of 5 stars At last, a decent working range, 12 Jan. 2012
This review is from: Panasonic TY-EW3D3ME 3D Glasses - Medium (Accessory)

I received two pairs of first generation glasses with my 50VT20. One starts to flicker at 10ft, the other at 14ft. I can only use one pair from my settee which is 12-13ft from the screen. With the other, I have to move closer otherwise it just flickers off. The third generation glasses will allow me to sit at my dining table 20ft away and they still work. Whilst I wouldn't suggest this for normal viewing as the 3D effect starts to diminish, it certainly is a massive improvement on the first generation glasses so, I can relax on my settee and enjoy. Well done Panasonic !

Are they brighter ? Comparing the two directly, I could not find any real difference. My family could not see any brightness improvement either.

The new glasses are quite a bit lighter though that is due to a combination of smaller lens size and, (cheaper ?) hollowed-out, moulded, lightweight, flexible, uncoated plastic. The old ones felt a lot more solid with its harder plastic and better finish. However, that's probably why they are easier to break. This makes the new 3D glasses a little more comfortable if you don't wear corrective glasses. However, if you do wear glasses, the smaller lens on the new 3D glasses does not allow them to sit over your specs in the way that the old ones do. And the old ones have fully adjustable bridge supports.

The old 3D glasses came with hard shell cases, the new ones don't. With that, cheaper plastic and smaller LCD lenses, you can see why the third generation glasses are less costly though, hardly cheap.

The ability to recharge the glasses is a huge plus as opposed to fiddly batteries which either ran flat PDQ or just didn't work at all. I bought a stack of CR2032s and worked through them at an alarming rate. Now there's no cost to power the new 3D glasses and, the recharge lasts for several movies.

So there you have it; much better working range, battery-free convenience, lighter, more comfortable if you don't wear specs and a much lower price.

However, I am not convinced that the manufacturers went the right way with active shutter classes in the first place. LG are showing that polarised ones can be effective on a domestic product as well as the cinema ......... and, at a fraction of the cost.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good but not great, 7 Nov. 2011
J. Kirby (Sheffield, UK) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)
This review is from: Panasonic TY-EW3D3ME 3D Glasses - Medium (Accessory)
First it has to be said that these new glasses are a big improvement on the previous generation which were £35 more expensive (I bought a pair for £105 in August - dohhh!) and they did not sit well on any member of my families face as they were set too far forward. This meant you got ambient light from the side of the frame and the general weight and positioning made them heavy on the mid / end of your nose. These new glasses are much lighter in weight and are much thinner all round.

The on/off switch and more importantly flashing LED indicating the charge are now on the top of the glasses so you don't get a flashing light in the corner of your left eye! The quality of the picture is also excellent with only very fast moving scenes showing any distortion (such as the battle scenes in Avatar). Thor looked absolutely amazing!

The main problem our whole family have found with these and the previous generation of Panasonic glasses is that it takes your eyes nearly a day to recover from the strain of watching a 2 hour film in 3D. I assume this is a function of the active shutter system rather than anything specific to either pair of glasses but it really is a let-down having had no problem with the passive glasses used watching the same films at the cinema.

I would say if 3D is the main reason for getting a new TV, I would check out the LG 3D passive TV's (the only manufacturer currently making both passive and active 3D sets) in a store as well as the active 3D TV's (for which you couldn't do better than Panasonic but Sony and Samsung's sets are also active) and see how each affects you and your family. If the 2D image is the most important issue (and 95%+ of everything you watch probably will be) then the Panasonic plasma TV's pictures are amazing in 2D and great in 3D.

I would still recommend both the Panasonic plasma TV (42" GT30) and these new glasses but I won't be watching a huge amount of 3D until the technology improves hence 4*.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Product, in short supply, 2 Nov. 2011
B. Condoluci "John R" (Uk) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Panasonic TY-EW3D3ME 3D Glasses - Medium (Accessory)
Got 2 of these now. Really hard to get hold of. But much better than the other 2 generation glasses. Lighter and I guess brighter - although difficult to discern without direct comparison. Much more comfortable and they last forever on a full charge. So well done to Panasonic for great innovations.

However just don't turn to Panasonic for support. In my opinion and experience their products are 1st class but regrettably their service and customer support doesn't match.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very light, comfortable and overall make a great 3D experience, 14 Jan. 2012
This review is from: Panasonic TY-EW3D3ME 3D Glasses - Medium (Accessory)
I had the second generation TY-EW3D2 and decided to try the TY-EW3D3 because I didn't like the fit of the D2s and they left a red mark on my nose after watching a film because they were a little too heavy. Initial impressions were that they had forgotten to build in the battery and electronics because they weigh the same or less than a pair of plastic sunglasses, probably less than my Oakleys. They fit much closer to my face and eyes, which improves the field of view and is much more comfortable. The greater field of view means that I can sit in a wider variety of positions and be more comfortable. With the the TY-EW3D2's I couldn't lean my head back on my sofa because they sat too far away from my eyes and the frame obscured the screen. They are so light that I forget I'm wearing them and they don't leave red marks on my nose. Charge time is very quick and they seem to last forever. As other reviewers have commented, if you have a reasonably bright light in your field of view then flickering is evident, perhaps more so than the TY-EW3D2's but your brain adjusts for this somewhat and you probably don't want a bright light source in your field of view anyway. They let more light through than the TW-EW3D2's, which makes the picture a little brighter. 3D films and games are excellent and aside from being slightly brighter they share the excellent performance of the previous model. An excellent improvement Panasonic, thank you. Slight niggle is that they don't come with a storage case like the TW-EW3D2's do and they don't fit the previous model's case. I guess I'll have to find some smart looking sunglasses cases for my living room to keep them free of dust and protected from accidents. Overall - brilliant 3D glasses, you can't go wrong.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good glasses,easy to charge, 9 Jan. 2012
fudggie girl (wales) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Panasonic TY-EW3D3ME 3D Glasses - Medium (Accessory)
I have had my Panasonic Viera Plasma tv for just over a year now and have been using the glasses that came with it.Although great glasses 3d wise the fit is absolutly huge.They are too big even for the biggest guy in the family.Looking on Amazon i was pleased to see that we could get smaller spare glasses but what a price!!I didn't bother then.
With Sky starting to having better 3d content and with so many 3d films coming out i thought it was time to get these glasses.I'm glad to see the price has come down.
The glasses that came with the tv are run on lithium 3v batteries and last for 20 hours continuous use but because they wern't used for a couple of months they went dead.I'm pleased that these are charged via u.s.b cable and only takes 3 hours to charge.When i recieved them it only took 30 mins.As my computer tower is close to the floor i nearly stepped on them so make sure they are placed away from feet or sticky little hands.The instructions say charge using the u.s.b on the Panasonic tv but i didn't like the idea of the glasses just hanging from the back of the tv.I'm sure that wouldn't be good for the glasses or the cable.
They are quite lightwieght unlike the original glasses which are clumpy and heavy for smaller faces like mine.These glasses are still far too big and i wish i'd got the small size.I wear glasses and they were still far too lose,i attached the strap from the original glasses that slip onto the arms and can be tightend at the back of the head.There is an on/off switch top of the glasses between the eyes and i found it easier to do this before using the glasses rather then when wearing them
So what's it like watching 3d with them?
Fantastic,we watched The Green Hornet yesterday and the picture was brilliant.The 3d effect,the colours absolutly amazing.I just can't find anything negative to say about them in that aspect.
I have very bad eyesight,short sighted,wear varifocals and i have astigmatism with a difference between my left and right eye that means a different perscription and i had no trouble at all with viewing.I sat for over two hours and when i took the glasses off i could see just the same as normal.It does say in the instruction booklet"If you suffer from any eyesight problems(short/far-sighted,astigmatism,eyesight differences in left and right)please ensure to correct your vision before using the 3d eyeware."They could have been talking about me.Also i had no problem with light bothering me at the top or sides and once the film started i forgot i had them on.
So alls left to say is for a better fit i would get the small size as even wearing them over glasses they slipped even with the strap.My 81 yr old mother wore the other pair and sat and watched the film straight through without a murmer(i thought she had fallen asleep).She has had her cataracts removed and wears glasses for reading and had no problems at all.In fact she thought it was all amazing and can't wait for'Conan the Barbarian'next week.
Don't buy these for any tv other than Panasonic as they are not compatible.These glasses are suitable for the Panasonic Viera 2010 on models.
EDIT-
To help you decide which size to get i have measured my head.
Around my head at eyebrow level is 21 1/2"
Around eye level over my glasses is 21"
The medium is too big for me so you should be able to judge what size will be best for you or your family.For children or anyone is thin faces definately the small size.
The reason i gave them 4 stars is because they are very lightwieght and for the price they seem pretty delicate.Perhaps with the original glasses that came with the tv being heavier and clumpy it could be they seem they could easily break if dropped or grabbed by arguing children.Of course in their defense lighter means more comfortabe.I just feel i need to protect them more,especially as they don't come with plastic a case to store them in.

5.0 out of 5 stars That's Better, 15 Nov. 2011
This review is from: Panasonic TY-EW3D3ME 3D Glasses - Medium (Accessory)
I received the previous version of these glasses (TY-EW3D2ME) with my TV. Although the previous version is more expensive than these, the new ones are much lighter and much more comfortable. You do not get the box to keep the glasses in as you do with the previous version but that is more than made up by the lightness.

One thing to point out is that the new glasses have a different socket for charging purposes, so the cable supplied with the other versions will not fit.

5.0 out of 5 stars excellent as expected, 20 Nov. 2011
This review is from: Panasonic TY-EW3D3ME 3D Glasses - Medium (Accessory)
I bought these glasses for my brand new Dt35 lcd Tv and they are excellent; they fit well on the nose and they're so light you could even forget them. I've watched a couple of movies so far (avatar and tron) and I'm fully satisfied with my choice.
It's the first pair of active 3d glasses that I buy so I cannot make compariso but, in my opinion, there's nothing missing in this product. Once agani, great Panasonic !

5.0 out of 5 stars dt phone home, 20 Feb. 2012
Brilliant results
easy to use glasses so light compared with other glasses
I will recommend them to other panasonic users

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant Glasses!, 10 Sept. 2011
This review is from: Panasonic TY-EW3D3ME 3D Glasses - Medium (Accessory)
These new Panasonic glasses are a huge leap over last years model. They are MUCH brighter and far more confortable to wear. You even forget you have them on sometimes.

3.0 out of 5 stars Rebadged glasses for china!!!, 21 May 2012