5.0 out of 5 stars Good insight of his childhood
What a nice story of his childhood, i enjoyed this book which was honest and at times funny. I have always enjoyed his books.
Published on 10 Feb 2012 by Janetmez

5.0 out of 5 stars GREAT READ, 19 Oct 2011
Amanda "sac" (uk) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Last Resort (Kindle Edition)
As a huge fan of Linwood Barclay thought I would give this book a go and am very glad I did. It is not like his other novels as this is an autobiography, but his great style of writing still shines through. He recounts tales of his life as a child living in Ontario with his parents and brother where they ran a trailer park. He is very descriptive and the stories he tells contain both sad and very amusing moments. Highly recommend.

1.0 out of 5 stars terribly disappointed, 5 Aug 2014
This review is from: Last Resort (Kindle Edition)
Having read nearly all of Linwood Barclays books this book was a real disappointment. I think it was obviously his first book, so would need to be read by first timers. Slow doesn't begin to explain the pace of this book, and in true amateurish style, the end was rushed and sudden over two pages. All this book does is give you an insight into the main character which then goes on to feature in future books. Not sure what changed after this book, but all the others I have read I haven't been able to put down! Not one to give up on reading a book once started, it took me a few months to read this from time to time. Glad it's over....

1.0 out of 5 stars unfortunately this is a boring recount of his childhood, 25 Aug 2014
This review is from: Last Resort (Kindle Edition)
Looking forward to a Linwood Barclay novel of suspense and twists, unfortunately this is a boring recount of his childhood. Think he has writer's block on the suspense front and just decided to put pen to paper to make money. I am a Linwood Barclay fan but I'll make sure I check future books to ensure I'm not disappointed.

5.0 out of 5 stars not to miss, 19 July 2013
This review is from: Last Resort (Kindle Edition)
Excellent book well writtenand very entertaining did not realise it was his autobiograph jusg another thriller going by the title!!!as did not read blurb! I have read all his novels they are fantastic.This was Humorous andsad also you can relate to his experiences in life. Wonderfully entertaining.

2.0 out of 5 stars Not keen on this one....., 13 July 2014
This review is from: Last Resort (Kindle Edition)
Although I've enjoyed several of Barclays novels I wasn't that keen on this.....which is essentially an autobiography of part of his life coming of age in a trailer park owned by his parents. Yes he had a few hardships but who hasn't? It just wasn't very interesting. When I finished it I couldn't help but think that had it been written by anyone other than a famous author nobody would bother reading it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Double 5 stars for this fantastic autobiography by Linwood Barclay, 13 July 2014
This review is from: Last Resort (Kindle Edition)
Double 5 stars for this fantastic autobiography by Linwood Barclay. I have read all his books and am waiting with baited breath for his next one. I love love love this author and his biography is well worth reading. Highly recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars Last Resort, 9 April 2014
This review is from: Last Resort (Kindle Edition)
I am loving reading Linwood Barclay at the moment. Highly recommend this book, It's a great read, because it is a great story.

4.0 out of 5 stars Interesting read., 7 Jan 2014
Northern Exile (Cumbria, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Last Resort (Kindle Edition)
Well worth reading for the experience of American childhood. Different in many ways from a British view, but never the less has some advantages. Nicely written though and worth considering some of his other novels.

5.0 out of 5 stars last resort" a very lovely read", 13 Dec 2013
This review is from: Last Resort (Kindle Edition)
this story was from the hart how must he loved this dad and what his life was like growing up I love it you felt you was there watching linwood move on growing from a boy in to a man a lovely story as I am a big fan of linwood and I have read all his books so to read this about his life I feel I know him as a person there are no blowing your own trumpet hard work and determination got him were he is to day a lovely refreshing book well put that's why I gave this the full 5 stars thank you linwood for shareing.......

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›