TOP 100 REVIEWERon 11 April 2011
This album came up as a suggestion alongside the new Black Spiders album and as I'd already called that lot "The best new band since..." I didn't know what to do here because by god this lot are good. Relentless energy filled proper old fashioned rock with a singer who can probably blow up hot water bottles with the sort of lung power he shows here. Although the songs are in a traditional vein there are enough melodic quirks and powerful playing to give them a new youthful sheen. It says much that my ever so hip 13 year old son likes this album as much as his ageing dad so the band have the advantage of crossing the generations, sometimes sounding like Sweet or Slade on speed or occasionally pummelling the eardrums like AC/DC at their best. This album is a treat.
TOP 100 REVIEWERon 12 April 2011
on 7 March 2011
Who would miss a free gig? I had the absolute pleasure of seeing The Treatment along with three other great bands on their recent Powerage Records tour which was a generous free entry thanks to the record company. On the back of The Treatment's appearance, I purchased this CD. Live, I found the evening's showcased songs "Departed", "The Doctor", "Just Tell Me Why", "Shake The Mountain" and the sing along anthem "Nothing To Lose But Our Minds" immediate and most memorable. Back home and in the car, the album delivers the same buzz throughout the twelve songs and I love it. This really is an impressive debut. The pace of the songs is varied but never slows completely and kept me interested all the way through it's forty two minutes. Vocalist Matt Jones hugely impresses and has power in droves with a broad range. This band is stadium material in my opinion and this is headbanging hard rock music make no mistake. In conclusion, I would recommend this CD highly and I can't wait to see if they can surpass their first outing. I strongly suspect that within a short period of time I will queuing around the block (and paying) to see them along with thousands of others.
on 23 June 2011
Anyone who has listened to Glass Mountain or Grand Hotel by Roadstar might be forgiven for thinking that this is the same band. They seem to play the same riffs and the vocals are very reminiscent of Richie Heavenz. Given that the band's mentor is the same Laurie Mansworth who managed and mentored Roadstar that won't come as any great surprise. A quick search of Youtube and there's even a Treatment version of Ready To Go from Grand Hotel.

That said, that doesn't make this a bad album, far from it. In fact it's a damned pretty good, hard rock album with good songs with good hooks,but Shake The Mountain and Nothing To Lose in particular could both have been recorded by Roadstar and few would tell the difference.

I wish this band well, they certainly have the talent and ability, but I can't escape the similarities with what has come before and I think they need to develop their own sound
on 29 January 2012
Bought the album after seeing this band in a local rock bar (Trillians - Newcastle upon Tyne) and they blew me away. Although there wasn't a huge crowd, they gave their all and the quality of their songs really surprised me.

The album confirmed my first suspicions... this band are FANTASTIC!

The production is slick and everything sits well in the mix. Its not over produced and really captures the bands live performance.

On more than a few occasions I kept thinking to myself "I'm sure I've heard that riff/tune somewhere" but thats just the sign of the strength and impact of the songs. They do hark back to older bands but do so with a freshness.

If you like anything by bands like ACDC, Kiss, Thin Lizzy, Guns n Roses and even some 'Arena' bands too then this album is definitely for you!

Stand out tracks include: Departed, Just Tell Me Why and my two personal faves 'Nothing To Lose but Our Minds' (a fantastic KISS-like anthem) and 'Lady Of The Light'.

If you want no-nonsense, ballsy rock with roaring vocals and some brilliant hooks then buy this album!

They say rock is dead or dying?! - Well if it is the this band are leading the charge to bring it back, the future is most definitely safe!
on 15 October 2012
A great British rock album containing classic riffs and guitar solos. This is the kind of album that the likes of Thin Lizzy or Saxon would have been proud to produce! This album has similarities with the new set of traditional British rock bands that are emerging such as Heavens Basement and Jettblack.

This album is a must for those with long hair, facial hair and who like drinking a good pint!
on 5 February 2013
Saw The Treatment in Chicago last year (well we'll call it Chicago - it was like going to a gig in 'London' and then finding it's at the Milton Keynes Bowl, but I digress) They were on first before Motley Crue and Kiss - not bad for a young group of lads from England, and they definitely held their own alongside two rock heavyweights. Great band and great album. As previous reviewers have stated, they are very very reminiscent of Roadstar/Heavens Basement, but maybe thats why I like them so much!! It's great that guys like this are producing good solid rock music for us old rockers to enjoy, and this album certainly blows the cobwebs off my early morning commute into work!!!:)
With a sound of 80s rock was surprised that these guys are still in their teens. Remind me of a harder rocking Little Angels with some great riffs and some melody as well with a large dose of attitude. The album has some light and shade which I like but is mainly up-tempo. Seem to be a few of bands playing this music and if you like this try Heavens Basement and the mighty Black Spiders for your next fix. Love to support young bands coming through rather than plowing money into the latest Stones or Fleetwood Mac tour. Saying that I did hear about them while supporting Status Quo in the recent Frantic Four reunion tour and they are worth catching live.
on 22 December 2013
I first saw these guys supporting Slash back in February and fell in love immediately. The singer reminds me of Bon Scott. I think they are the best new band since Guns n Roses! I bought this album at the gig and have seen them three more times this year. Every song on the album is good which is a rarity, usually there's always a couple of songs you skip over on an album, but not this one! I've just pre ordered their 2nd album & cannot wait. I've already heard a few songs off of it live and it sounds like it's going to be just as good, if not better than This Might Hurt. If you like your Rock; Guns n Roses, Airbourne, AC/DC, Motley Crue etc BUY THIS!
on 3 March 2013
I saw the Treatment in Blackpool supporting Slash and the conspiritors and they were amazing......it was quite fresh to listen to some good retro metal from a young fresh band.....and my first listen to the album has been a total success brilliant sound from a brilliant new band....long may they continue and make more awesome music......I would say if you are looking for a great new album then this is the one to go for