5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent value for money...
I spent some time researching earbuds before buying the SoundMagic E30's as I was looking for something that had good sound for a reasonable price, that worked well with audio on an HTC One X mobile phone. I have a number of different sets of headphones for use with different mobile audio devices that I have, and these include Klipsch S4's, Atomic Floyd HiDefJax and Shure...
Published 20 months ago by N. A. Smith

3.0 out of 5 stars Sound Magic E30 Earphones.
Good quality sound -nice fit into ear canal, plenty of alternative adapters to accomodate a good comfortable seal, very light weight cable - not sure how durable, robust the cable and connections will be in the long term.
Published 15 months ago by Jim Bradford

‹ Previous | 110 11 12 | Next ›

3.0 out of 5 stars One set was great, but fragile; replacement sounded crap: what's going on?, 28 Jun 2012
This review is from: SoundMAGIC E30 Earphones - Black (Electronics)
I bought a pair in November 2011 - great sound, ideal for me (mainly listening to classical and podcasts)... Then mid June 2012 - the connection to the left-hand earplug failed - came on and off as I moved around: obviously a dodgy connection to the junction of the cable. I thought - well maybe I've treated them too roughly and pulled the cable out. Or: faulty workmanship?

I ordered an identical pair because the sound was so good I wanted to give it another try.

The replacement set - apparently identical - had AWFUL tinny sound, cheap and nasty.

Was it a counterfeit pair? What else could be the explanation? To be fair amazon have refunded me, no questions asked.

I'm going to try a pair of E10s but I hope I like the sound as much...

So if you'd asked me about the E30s up to May 2012 - I'd have given an unhesitating *****

But now... the jury's out...

4.0 out of 5 stars Great sound but not the right earphones for excersising, 24 Nov 2011
This review is from: SoundMAGIC E30 Earphones - Black (Electronics)
Sound is very clear and well balanced, much better that id expect from earphones of this price. The earphones are also very comfortable to wear and the cable routing isolates cable noise. My only criticism is that I bought these for excersising and once you start to sweat they won't stay in position! I've tried a few of the ear buds (comes with a great selection) but none will sit well enough to maintain an air tight seal. Very disappointing. However if you're not using them when exercising you won't be disappointed at all.

1.0 out of 5 stars Don't believe the hype, 23 Aug 2013
These were bought to replace my broken Sony monitor series MDR-EX310LP which appear to be discontinued. Based on reviews, and the fact that these are more expensive, I was expecting them to be at least as good, so when I tried them out I was bitterly disappointed.

First impression is that the build quality seems cheap, and I found the over-the-ear format to be an unnecessary and fiddly, but that is a personal preference. However, what I am more concerned about is the sound quality and particularly the absence of bass. I certainly don't want excessive or artificially inflated bass, which is why I originally chose the Sony's monitor earphones, but with this Soundmagic pair it is definitely lacking. Other reviewers have said they just take some getting used-to, and need to fit right, but even after trying every combination of bud provided, nothing was satisfactory unless I pushed the earphones into my ears and held them there with my fingers which is obviously neither comfortable nor practical. I could best describe the sound as empty. A settling-in period was never necessary with the old Sonys, they sounded great straight from the box.

I don't want this to look like an ad for Sony, after all, the only reason I am here is because the Sonys broke too easily but it's the only thing I have to compare it to.

On that basis, I would strongly advise against purchasing this product.

1.0 out of 5 stars Avoid SoundMAGIC ALWAYS, 14 July 2012
Scala Antonio "goldenvibe" (Naples, Italy) - See all my reviews
This review is from: SoundMAGIC E30 Earphones - Black (Electronics)
This is the third pair of soundMAGIC earphones I buy and I have finally learnt my lesson. These people cannot make a good product. I researched online for good reviews from "professional" websites and the E30 earphones came up as being good value for money. I will never know if this is true, they were faulted and I returned the day after. As I said this is the third it happens with soundMAGIC. Their products are made of cheap materials, I also remember a friend of mine having the same problem with some of their headphones. I have tried the E10 in the past, same story. . . they broke after 2 months.
Spend a bit more and get a products that lasts in time.

1.0 out of 5 stars Cheap and tinny, 21 Jun 2012
This review is from: SoundMAGIC E30 Earphones - Black (Electronics)
After reading some good reviews of these earphones I decided to buy a pair. What a mistake and waste of money!

To start with, on arrival they didn't look like the product picture. They are cheap and very plastic looking. The over the ear wire is poorly formed and within 10 minutes of putting them on whilst walking in the French Alps the wires started to fall off the tops of my ears. The image depicts quite a solid structure for the wires - this they are not!

The sound quality is poor. Very tinny. I work in the music and entertainments industry and use various types of audio equipment. These are not "monitors" as described. They are simple, overpriced earphones.

They don't sit snug inside the ear and will pop out whenever they feel like it.

If you want to waste your money, buy a pair of these!

1.0 out of 5 stars Not worth it, 12 May 2012
This review is from: SoundMAGIC E30 Earphones - Black (Electronics)
The sound quality is okay. Not the best that I've heard around, and can be quite bass-y, but it was clear. Although for the price you're paying, I don't really think it's worth it and you can get cheaper ones for the same quality.

Doesn't really work well with my ipad neither. The connector keeps getting loose and falling out of my ipad. And it'll loose the connection. There's also this buzzing noise in the ear occasionally, and sometimes one side will appear louder all of a sudden.

Maybe my pair was faulty, but all in all, I won't recommend them. You can get cheaper earphones for the same quality that I got off mine.

4.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing, but happy ending!, 16 Oct 2011
This review is from: SoundMAGIC E30 Earphones - Black (Electronics)
Bought these earphones for our son's birthday. Sadly one ear phone did not work, I.e., no sound. However, Amazon's customer service were stars, as always, and a replacement product was sent immediately - received day after faulty product was returned. What great service. Suffice to say the replacement earphones appear to work well, but yet to give to our son. Watch this space.

3.0 out of 5 stars my ears hurt!, 12 Jun 2013
P. George (London) - See all my reviews
This review is from: SoundMAGIC E30 Earphones - Black (Electronics)
All the reviews of these headphones were 'gushing' about the sound (obviously!) However, no one pointed out just how uncomfortable they are to actually wear! I have only tried them out once and never used them since. They were so painful to get in and out of my ears that I just didn't want to do it again!. The sound however, was very good, a real clarity and 'airyness' to the music, slight lack of bass though. Maybe I have weird ears but I did try them with the many different buds that come with them. Shame as I was really looking forward to using them. Seriously though, they were so difficult to get in and out of my ears, at one point I though I might have to go to casualty with them it was that bad! Three stars is generous for a product I'll never use but hopefully it's only my ears and you'll all be fine, would be interested to know if anyone else has the same problem? You have been warned!

4.0 out of 5 stars Soundmagic E30 earphones, 23 Oct 2011
Arrived as promised.

Sound very good however they have been falling out my ear whilst I have been running. Don't know if I am putting them in right or using the correct buds as it came with 5 sets I think.

1.0 out of 5 stars Thoroughly disappointed, don't be tempted like I was..., 4 July 2012
I was using my Nokia WH701 earphones that came with my Nokia N8 phone, for everything. I assumed that they were just a cheap, low quality product bundled with said phone, so when the sound went in one side of them I decided to get onto Amazon to get some new, 'better' ones.

So I made the mistake of buying these Sound-not-so-magic E30 earphones for 40. I thought 40 quid was a bit steep for a set of earphones, but decided I would treat myself for once and spend a bit extra on this supposedly quality product.

Long story short, they're terrible, and I returned them because of a fault that seemed to allow an electrical current travel up through them into the left ear-piece so you could actually feel the electricity buzzing in your ear... (I actually tested both earpieces with a multimeter that I happened to have lying around, and there was definitely electric current detected in the left earpiece)

But involuntary-electro-shock-ear-therapy aside, the sound quality was quite poor in any case. Compared to the aforementioned Nokia WH701, there was a complete lack of bass, that was one of the first things I noticed about them when I first used them, how they totally failed to live up to what I thought was a cheap shoddy Nokia product; not just in the bass department, but all around.

Needless to say I'm just about to order another set of the Nokia ones, for about 30 quid less than these tragic Sound'magic' failures. Sometimes you really don't get what you pay for. Avoid.

I'd give them less than 1 star if it were possible to do so.

‹ Previous | 110 11 12 | Next ›