5.0 out of 5 stars Great blanket
Published on 13 Nov 2011 by RJanet

3.0 out of 5 stars works well, but....
Moving to a King size bed, we needed to replace our 8 year old double duel control dreamland blanket.
It was a good price on Amazon, and as usual, Amazon delivery was superb, but on unpacking the blanket from its inner packaging the first thing i noticed was the lack of an instruction book.
The controls looked complicated, but i soon worked out how to use it...
Published on 11 Dec 2011 by A. R. Turner

3.0 out of 5 stars works well, but...., 11 Dec 2011
A. R. Turner (sheffield, UK) - See all my reviews
The controls looked complicated, but i soon worked out how to use it. However, the design of the controls mean that they cant sit on the bedside tables as the back is curved and the on/off switch is on the back.
So i had to hang them over the bed head for easy access. The down side of this is the fact that the LED control lights are very bright if left on all night and hinders sleep.
The timer has just 2 settings and the heat 6 settings.
But the blanket is warm, light and soft and the quick heat up is good and warms the bed in a matter of minutes.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great blanket, 13 Nov 2011
This is our second Dreamland overblanket. Great quality blanket. Controls are easy to use. We bought a king size so that we'd have warmth all over the bed but the wire part actually overhangs the sides about 10 - 15 cm so we don't tuck in. I have't noticed the difference between the intelliheat version and the normal version we had before. Sorry Dreamland! I suppose this is because I'm asleep when the blanket is regulating the temp. intelligently!

5.0 out of 5 stars Dreamland overblanket, 10 Nov 2011
Bought this for my 90 year old mum - it was important that the controls were very simple. The blanket arrived very quickly and is a delight. Warms up in 10 minutes, snug and cozy and VERY simple to operate. A brilliant product.

3.0 out of 5 stars Good in parts, 25 Oct 2012
This review is from: Dreamland Intelliheat Harmony Double Heated Over Blanket with Dual Control (Kitchen & Home)
Good bits:
1. It has a setting for use before you get into bed, which heats the bed up in five minutes. It would be far too hot to sleep on this setting (and the instructions warn that it would be dangerous to do so) but it is very pleasant when you first get in.
2. When I first started using electric blankets, many years ago, you were told not to put anything over them, other than a thin cover. This one specifically advises you to put a normal blanket over the top. Maybe this is true of all electric overblankets now, I don't know.

Bad bits:
1. Someone has found it necessary to justify their job by redesigning the control, which on previous blankets worked perfectly OK, with the result that it is now much more awkward to use. When you switch it on, you have to wait a few seconds while the handset indicates each setting in turn before settling down at the version you last had it on overnight, when what you probably want is the 'fast heat' setting referred to above. A more significant problem is that if you wake in the night because you have used too warm a setting, you can't just rotate a wheel on the side of the control, as you could with the previous blanket we used; first of all you have to locate the touch pad which controls the settings, then you have to keep pressing until it has gone all the way round the dial to the setting you want, which is probably one less than the one you had it on previously. By now you are wide awake.
2. I don't know why, but the heating element on both this electric blanket and the one we had previously stop at about ankle level, so your feet are left to freeze.
3. It's expensive (to buy. We haven't had it long enough yet to find out about running costs).

4.0 out of 5 stars Only two little faults ..., 18 Nov 2011
This blanket does what it's supposed to do - keeps you warm and cosy all night. But two tiny critisisms. The controllers are designed to lie on the floor rather than the older type which sat on your bedside table. This means they can be trodden on and devoured by your hoover. The second point is the brightness of the blue LEDs. On a dual blanket, it effectively lights up the ceiling! So we tuck them under the bed, but it's all a bit of an effort bending down when you are our age!

5.0 out of 5 stars Dreamland Blanket review, 29 Nov 2011
The electric blanket does what it's description says it does.
I have put a duvet on top of the blanket and then put both inside the duvet cover.
I don't use the bed whilst it is quickly being heated up on setting 6.
Before I get into bed I change down to heat setting 3 and I set the blanket to switch off after one hour. Only then do I get into bed.
During this hour I am kept warm and fall into a deep sleep.

I have an electric socket near my bed and the electric lead is long enough for the control unit to lie between the headboard and the pillow. If I need to warm the bed up for another hour I can do so from my sleeping position. The blanket's control unit is very well designed with a useful balance of options.

I am happy that I purchased this blanket.

5.0 out of 5 stars DREAMLAND OVERBLANKET, 19 Nov 2011
Mrs. E. M. Woolford (Ruthin North Wales) - See all my reviews
Am a disabled pensioner and found this product to be very effective and easy to use.Also labelled as cheap to run which is important for us pensioners.

5.0 out of 5 stars Warmth without weight, 8 Jan 2012
The over blanket was easy to set up and the instructions were clear. The dual controls were easy to work and the nine hour feature is just one click to set it. It's great to have warmth without the weight of a duvet. All in all it was a very good buy.

5.0 out of 5 stars I love it so much!!, 15 Nov 2011
This arrived yesterday and I love it! I went for an overblanket because I am a restless sleeper and I had to keep adjusting an underblanket and I wish I had bought this years ago.
It is simple to operate, heats up VERY quickly and kept me warm and cosy.

I have the old dreamland overblanket - this is very much new and improved. The control unit is much nicer and easier to read.

5.0 out of 5 stars Electric blanket, 17 Feb 2012
The blanket arrived from the seller in good time. It has a split function which is useful for people who either like the bed hotter or colder. Only drawback is that there are so many plug cables.