5.0 out of 5 stars Warm, cheap and good quality.
So there are already many reviews mentioning how wonderful and warm this blanket is and so I'm not going to go into any of those details. It heats up quickly, its warm throughout the night and seems like a good quality product that'll last for years to come. Overall does everything an electric blanket should. Below are the details that all reviewers have left out...
Published on 26 Sep 2012 by F. Hatch

1.0 out of 5 stars Dreamland Intelliheat King Size Heated Underblanket 6964
I bought one of these 18 months ago [not through Amazon] and a controller failed at just over a year.

The blanket was replaced by a new one at no charge, and 5 months later one of the controllers failed.

I am now awaiting a third replacement.

I suspect that they have problems with the assembly and testing in China.

When it works...
Published 13 months ago by joncos

5.0 out of 5 stars Warm, cheap and good quality., 26 Sep 2012
F. Hatch (UK) - See all my reviews

1. The blanket fixes to the bed via tie cords. This is NOT a fitted blanket. There are 3 cords, one that ties around the middle of the bed and 2 on either end that loops around each end through the top loop of the blanket and around the other corner - this is all explained in the booklet provided. I was a bit disappointed that it was not a fitted blanket but it was my fault for not reading this in the product. The tie cords fit well once secured and so far the blanket has not moved much. This is the only negative point about the blanket, but it has not put me off giving a 5/5 rating so you can see how little it bothered me.

2. The remote for controlling the blanket is on the right side. What this means is that when you are laid down on the bed with your head on the pillow facing up towards the ceiling, the controller is on the right hand side of the bed. This was perfect for me as this is where the plug is. If this is not the case for you then you should consider buying a plug extension.

3. There are 6 settings for heating the blanket. 1) is the coldest and probably never be used 2) is apparently just if you get cold feet 3) is for normal sleeping temperature 4) is for those that want it more cosy 5) is the maximum temperature for really cold nights and lastly 6) is the program that is used to heat the bed to a maximum temperature within 5 minutes. The temperature will NEVER exceed 37C according to the booklet. You can keep the setting for either 1 hour or 9 hours.

4. The booklet is very simple. It is sometimes quite difficult to understand the instructions of how to fit the blanket and the overall layout of the booklet could be better. I consider this a downside but this is more about the company rather than the blanket.

So in conclusion the blanket heats up quickly and is very warm and stays at a good comfortable temperature throughout the night. The fixing to the bed via tie cords is a bit annoying but seems to work okay. The control is easy to use and visible at night due to the LED lights and so you can change the temperature/time. Good purchase and would recommend to family and friends.

Any questions please leave a comment.

5.0 out of 5 stars toasty warm, 28 Oct 2012
H. Brown - See all my reviews
I do not like being too warm in bed, so it may seem strange for me to buy a heated underblanket. However, I work shift work, and so heating the house efficiently is awkward. I got my mother one last year, and she extols it virtues, so I decided to get one for myself. Best decision ever.

I use the preheat and also maybe an hour on low. On a cold morning, I use an hour of low before I get up so that the central heating has a chance to kick in. Bliss.

I got the size single and use it on a double bed (so it is lose on the base and not tied down). Apart from the controller being in the middle, I have had no problems with it moving around or creasing. Good size, too, both length and width.

I would highly recommend this product. I would also recommend waiting for a good price - the price on this item fluctuates a lot on Amazon (£60 to £30 for the single), so if you can, then wait until it seems reasonable before snapping it up.

4.0 out of 5 stars Well worth the higher price, 16 Feb 2012
This is a great electric blanket. They really have improved over the last few years. Size, comfort, pre-heat, timer all great. I read quite a few Amazon reviews and was glad I went with this one. Only reason I haven't given 5 stars is because I feel the description is slightly misleading. You can set it for 1 or 9 hours only, not anything in between. A really good buy though.

1.0 out of 5 stars Dreamland Intelliheat King Size Heated Underblanket 6964, 28 Sep 2013
joncos (North Yorks, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Dreamland Intelliheat Fleecy Heated King Size Under Blanket (Kitchen & Home)

I am now awaiting a third replacement.

I suspect that they have problems with the assembly and testing in China.

When it works it is an excellent product, but I would not recommend it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great product, 9 Dec 2011
Does exactly what it says on the box, easy controls,heats quickly and great purchase just before the winter set in with a vengeance

5.0 out of 5 stars Just great!, 13 Dec 2011
You can't feel the wires which is very good. Nice and soft fabric, it also heats up very fast. Just a great product! Would buy it again for my sister.

5.0 out of 5 stars Dreamland intelliheat underblanket, 7 Dec 2011
I have just started using this new electric blanket and I think it is perfect! It warms up quickly as it says it does on setting 6. Having woken through the night i tried the other settings, no2 was still lovely and warm and again heated up quickly, there are 6 settings to choose from. Having the timer on it is so useful, no need to worry about falling asleep and waking hours later too hot, it switches off after 1 hour, it also has the 9 hour switch off time. I have a king size bed and it fits perfectly.
I would definately recommend this electric blanket.

3.0 out of 5 stars It does the job, but the description is not exactly correct, 11 Feb 2012
It warms up quickly and does the job; however, although the width is 150 cm (king size), the coils that warm up the blanket do not get all the way to the edge, so you have effectively 20 cm on each side which are NOT heated. We would have been better off with two single underblankets.
Also, it is called a 'fitted' blanket and we were expecting something like a fitted sheet, with corners. All it has is two pieces of string: you need to lift the mattress and run them underneath, tying them on the other side. Not ideal with a mattress like ours which weighs a ton. Having said that, the blanket does not slide; we haven't tied the strings but the blanket is staying put.
All in all, not a bad purchase, but we felt that the description was not exactly representative of the product.

1.0 out of 5 stars Faulty product/batch - HIGHLY UNRELIABLE, 21 Feb 2014
This blanket would be good if it wasn't for its terrible unreliability.
The first one I had lasted ok, actually - one winter. On bringing it out of storage for the second winter, it lasted all of three days before inexplicably dying on me (no light on the handset). Luckily it was still under guarantee, so I sent it back and had a brand new replacement, which then also died after about a week.
I then sent the replacement back - Dreamland were pretty kind about it and sent me a paid-for envelope to post it in, so the P+P to return it was free this time.
And here we are, approximately six weeks later, and now my second replacement has stopped working, for no conceivable reason. With this blanket we took extra special care to make sure it wouldn't overheat, never using a setting higher than 4, keeping the cat away from it (as recommended by customer services - apparently they cause "hot spots"), and it still died. I can't think what else we could have done to prevent its failure. Three blankets failed in the space of less than three months!! (maybe the mild winter is causing overheating??? God knows)
Despite very good customer service from Dreamland, I absolutely CANNOT recommend this product to anyone, hence the 1 star review. I'm not sending this one back because I honestly can't be bothered with this product any more.
Also, a side note- the wires were rather thick and a little uncomfortable anyway. I'm going to find myself an electric over-blanket now... and I doubt I'll buy a Dreamland product again.

1.0 out of 5 stars Stopped working after one month!, 3 Dec 2013
This electric blanket was bought for me and my wife as a present by my parents. Initially I was impressed and liked it. Sadly, half of it stopped working after about one month. My parents hadn't kept any proof of purchase so I contacted the manufacturer to see what they could do for me. Unfortunately after a bit of going backwards and forwards the answer was that they wouldn't do anything. Overall, very poor customer service from the manufacturer and now we have marital discord every night as my wife gets into a warm side of the bed and I get into a cold side. I won't be buying Dreamland in the future.