‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Best package I've tried, 16 Feb 2012
Mr Gumby "DH" (UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 500 REVIEWER)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This is terrific software. It installed easily and runs efficiently with fast responses throughout. There's a comprehensive feature set and the Eazy button really does help non-accountants. The only thing that might count against it is the absence of integrated payroll.

Three versions are available. Basic is likely to suffice for very small businesses but you my want Professional for its Quotes/Estimates, Multi-currency, or whatever. Professional would probably have sufficed for me but hopefully my business will grow into Enterprise which adds supplier management, purchase orders, automated entry of repeat transactions, and more. There's a useful comparison chart ("Feature Matrix") on the Accountz website.

The learning curve is about as low as it could be. Beginners can start by using the Eazy button and later progress to Rapid Data Entry. Eazy gives you a table of possible actions, with columns headed Buy/Pay, Sell, Report, etc, and rows offering specific functions within those headings.

The reporting/analysis tools seem to offer everything most of us will need. Support from Accountz was first-class, the couple of times I emailed them, with quick and helpful responses to questions. There's a friendly community on the excellent forum too, but it doesn't seem to be linked to from the Accountz website; just search for `business accountz forum'.

I'd have no hesitation in recommending Business Accountz but you can easily check it out for yourself - download the demo from their website (well worth doing, even if you've already bought the software). If you like what you see, maybe download the trial version and try running it before handing over any money.

5.0 out of 5 stars Accounting and Book keeping made simple, 12 Feb 2012
Carl Dipane - See all my reviews
This review is from: Business Accountz Enterprise 2012 (PC/Mac/Linux) (CD-ROM)
I run a small IT systems and solutions business. We have a limited number of `sales' transactions per annum, but they are typically high value.
Along the way, though, we make a significant number of purchase transactions for the components we use to create the `over all' solution for our customers.
We also have an ever growing number of receipts for office, travel and ancillaries.
From day 1, I was put off by the idea of using an Accounting Package.

My initial thinking was:
1) Accounting packages are complex
2) I can do everything I need in Excel

I still stand by Point 2 - but only for the first 3-6 months of starting your business.

Excel gives you an easy means to see all your numbers quickly, and adding columns as needed to represent whatever `data' you like - something accounting packages may not always allow.

But once your business is in full flow, you start to drown in numbers.
Errors are introduced into Excel, and you are forever sorting columns and building new macro's and formulas.
Rather than doing your accounts, you're `doing excel'.

Having first heard of Sage, I investigated this further, but realised that Sage might end up being more complex than continuing with Excel.

A few other PC packages were considered, that in themselves had good reviews, but there were horrendous tales of support or the lack of it.
Web Hosted accounting packages we also considered briefly - but 12 months of their monthly fees was approaching what I would pay for a Desktop PC based system.
There are other pros and cons to Web based systems - and initially the access your accounts anywhere concept had appeal - but in all seriousness, when I am away from the office, accounts are not something I am going to sit and do over the web in a coffee shop)
AccountZ was something I had read about in Computer Shopper- and it had good reviews on the Web and the following points stood out:

*It's a British Company - so I knew changes, VAT, and interfacing to HMRC etc. would always be done correctly

*The Software avoided the Debtors and Creditors jargon of accounting - And used a simple `To' and `From' methodology

And here's the most important point:
Free lifetime Forum Support - along with a very active forum, with input from users and AccountZ staff
* the forums focussed 1/3rd on the software itself and 2/3rds on booking keeping aspects of using the package.
* eg how do I reclaim VAT that I might have forgotten
* How do I allocate x or y for PAYE
* What's the best way to manage `this transaction flow?'

These are topics that are not specific to the AccountZ package - any other company could rightly say - "We support our software, how you use it is up to you".
But Accountz don't do that - You can post almost any question on their forum, and someone will respond within 24 hours of so - usually same day.

That forum and lifetime help is key to why I purchased Accountz.
It formed a key part of the 'entire Accountz' consideration.

Here are the 3 elements I can now see have been essential in my use of AccountZ

The Software:
o Its simplicity
o Its avoidance of Accountancy Jargon
o And the reasonable price

The free initial 1 month of telephone support:
o It's been a lifesaver - and has helped during the initial import and conversion of a number of years of excel data into Accountz

And the moderated forums
o UK small business owners - asking and discussing accounting and book keeping issues
o Plus the input, moderation and responses from Accountz staff.

How's the software? - Simple and Easy to use, though with a lot of power under the covers (e.g. multi-currency, Supplier Management, Product Management and optional Project management)
VAT returns are simplicity - and the online submission to HMRC is worth the purchase price of the software alone)

Searching for and finding transactions is easy, and there are useful filtering functions that help you quickly glance at important elements such as `Who hasn't paid' and "who do I need to pay".

I wish I had of purchased AccountZ 12 months ago - The price is insignificant in comparison to the time saved.

It is very (very) simple to use and my concerns about operating a double entry accounting/book keeping system have come to nothing knowing I have the support of the AccountZ user forum.

5.0 out of 5 stars At last an accounts packages that is not hard work!, 16 April 2012
Mr. Richard The book boy "Book boy" (UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 500 REVIEWER)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Business Accountz Enterprise 2012 (PC/Mac/Linux) (CD-ROM)
I have had a lot of accounts experience and business planning mileage under my belt. A lot of this type of software has aged me by the learning curves and jargon involved. I was willing to try Accountz to see if its promise of simplification but with power was really true.

First impressions and loading
The first thing that I liked about it was the multiplatform availability in one package. The software loaded quickly with little intervention from me.

Setting up
This is the part most people dread with accounts packages. Accountz is different as I easily imported files and did not have lots of typing or adjusting to do, it just worked! HRMC fields and links were set up by the software. Accountz immediately reacted to budget changes and offered updates to reflect new tax rules - other packages take ages to do this and many of them have got it wrong before!

In use
We have run this for about a month and it has been easy to use and very stable. It sets up all HRMC fields correctly and the various ledgers I use are correctly reported and running totals given very easily. The 'Easy button' technology works and gives you lots of functions to see what is going on in a business at a point in time. It really does work and is very useful.
It was easy to set up regular payment between suppliers and customers and it even does on the fly currency conversion for overseas transactions. This has cut down my workload considerably - why has no other package made it this easy before ?

Data import
We use a lot of planning spreadsheets and I expected an Achilles heal here with importing them as some other reviews have mentioned. As I keep my spreadsheet as simple as possible I found no such problem. Exporting data back to the spreadsheets was easy as well so perhaps the update before running the software has addressed some of the earlier comments about this. Everything has just worked !

Stock control
We used to use a spreadsheet based system we inherited but Accountz can do it and we have now updated the package to run our stock control. We have probobly spent most time in this part of the package getting things right but now it's running correctly it needs very little intervention from us. We have set the levels up and re-order conditions and it works well. If a suppliers computer indicates something has gone up a report is generated to allow manual intervention before automatically ordering - brilliant! I am now running my business and not an accounts package.

What I have not tried
We don't have many staff so have not tried to do the wages on this system but if it is like the rest of the package it should be solid. We have not done a full year end but you can easily see your running totals at anytime including VAT, tax, stock value, liabilities and it will even project a valuation on the company at any point in time.
What's missing (or what I have not found yet)
I have still a long way to go with this package but for now I need a planning module so that I can dump Excel for good, someway of formatting data into PowerPoint without going via Excel (there might be a way but I have not found it yet) as I need to do lots of financial presentations.

The learning curve
For a up and running business it was surprisingly low and the packages avoids using accounting jargon. The reports are easy to get and read and it offers much more than anything we have had before. I could probably get away with the cheaper Professional version but the extras in the Enterprise version are better suited for a business based on import and export like ours and where currency fluctuations are important. For a new business look carefully at the features offered by each version and select from there.

Will I fire my accountant ?
No, but I now have a better understanding of my business than I had a month ago and that is a step in the right direction. What the automation of this software has done is to give me time to analyse and look at better ways of doing things and that has been great. I am now steering the ship with both hands!

5.0 out of 5 stars Simple entry and organised interface, 8 April 2012
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
When it comes to business an owner ideally wants to focus on their business rather than the accounts. Understanding this, Business Accountz focuses on less learning to use the software and more entering data as painlessly as possible.

So for new users, you have the Eazy Button. Which is essential a tile of actions that are most used. "buy stock", "refund purchase" etc... This leads you step by step into entering the necessary information in stages. This is extremely useful for the beginner but once mastered, the interface allows the user to enter the appropriate sections of the program with some well designed icons at the top of the software that take you to the same actions, but in a more traditional list interface and entry interface with record fields.

Whilst the help isn't as comprehensive as another package such as Intuit's Quickbooks, data entry here is extremely easy and painless (so far) and support online from the forums is welcome nonetheless. You're surely be able to manage this yourself and save money on hiring somebody dedicated which makes this package a bargain and particularly attractive if you value your time over the cost of software.

5.0 out of 5 stars Goodbye to my accountant, 12 Mar 2012
Paul Stewart "Paul Stewart" (Stocklinch, Somerset) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Installation was reasonably straight forward, no problems.

I run a small business and hate paying book-keepers or accountants.

The EAZY button is excellent. Press it and follow the instructions! A grid appears with numerous, self-explanatory options.

I have also used the Rapid Data Entry functions. Only had a few problems but the Accountz website and email support was excellent.

Next year, I am confident the reports I will be able to create and print out will satisfy my auditor and HMRC

5.0 out of 5 stars Simple accounting for business, 13 Feb 2012
Mr. Stephen Redman (York England) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
There is a simplicity about this software that is refreshing. After the name of your business, the next question you are asked on installation is "Are you an accountant or not?" This alters the way the software deals with you and if you chooses that you are 'not' then the interface becomes a dream for the uninitiated!
T&P&L and Balance sheet are instant at any time, VAT reporting is also straightforward and you can even link directly to your payroll information.
This is all about recording transactions and the details of clients and suppliers the fastest way possible, and getting the reports you need in an instant.
Updates are delivered over the internet and are free, so those heavy annual fees from Sage and others are totally bypassed. Support is available via email, although it is suggested that initially you follow the links to dedicated forums (which make a lot of sense).
Transfer from other accounts packages is supported and looks like it is straightforward.
If you have a never ending budget for Sage updates and you are a book-keeper by trade this is probably no advantage for you. If you want to minimise future costs and book-keeping is not your first call in life, this may be exactly the package you have dreamed of.
Not ideal for a charity - although you could make it work - this is really aimed at business!

4.0 out of 5 stars Adequate Software For Small Business Owners, 8 Feb 2012
C. M. Cotton "Chris Cotton" (Europe and USA) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 100 REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I now run several businesses in the UK. I use an accountant I have known for many years and have always been happy with their service. I have had very little need for such software, especially given the price of packages made by other companies. I am not a computer whiz and sometimes find complicated Microsoft software packages too difficult to use.

I received this software free of charge via the amazon vine programme. In truth I would not have bought such software, given my relationship with my accountant. I therefore used this opportunity to try the software without any risk or guilt.

It was simplicity itself to install. The software gives you an easy to use accounting package. The interface is not complex and it has a unique "Eazy" button, which you press and it can fix most problems quickly without getting stressed. It can automatically calculate VAT and tax so long as you input your codes into the software. It also allows you to create budgets and cash flow projections. In short this software can handle virtually anything a small to medium sized business can throw at it easily. The biggest issue I have is that it does not work/talk to Microsoft products, such as Excel. Without this compatibility the usefulness of this product may be minimal for some business users.

Whilst I am a stick in the mud and like the reassurance that my accountant brings, this software is the next best thing. It is easy to use and does virtually everything you will require. A great product but maybe a bit expensive at full price, compared to other accounting software packages.

Recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars Outstanding Accountz software in every way, 9 July 2013
This review is from: Business Accountz Enterprise 2012 (PC/Mac/Linux) (CD-ROM)
My husband and I have recently purchased the company he was employed by and rather abruptly found ourselves at the helm. One of the first challenges was to set up an accounting system and as we used Apple products the existing software Sage needed to be replaced.

I researched into software that would be both Mac and Windows compatible so to not limit my choice of accountants. I read several favourable reviews about Accountz software and after much consideration purchased it from Amazon.

If I were to tell you it was outstanding that would be an understatement, the software is easy to install, easy to set up and understand, and the back up from the customer service team is nothing short of exceptional. They provided me with a free 30 day telephone support which when I contacted them on many occasion, were able to answer my questions straight away and nothing was too much trouble. They even worked with me to input my accounts onto the software, when I needed extra help.

I have since purchased the 12 months additional telephone support as not only do they help me with any queries relating to the software, but they help with general accountancy problems, which if I were to speak to an accountant would cost a lot more money. The package also saves my accounts data via cloud back up so all my data is safe and retrievable if I have any problems, great piece of mind.

All in all it has been absolutely brilliant, the best choice of software I could have made. I have used Sage accounts line 50 v.7 in the past and this knocks spots of it. It's modern, very user friendly and the back support with the free online manual, video help, the online forum and the telephone team, and no on going fees, in my opinion can't be beaten. If you still haven't made up your mind to buy it, please don't hesitate, if you are looking for an accounts software package then buy this one, you will be very pleased you did.

5.0 out of 5 stars Will save you lots of time and trouble, 19 Feb 2013
Barto (EU) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I usually work with a similar program from another company, but I recently checked out Business Accountz Enterprise and I must say I was quite impressed with it. Not only does it do exactly what it should - i.e. takes over all the tasks of an average accountant for a small business - but it is also so user-friendly that it can be easily used by anyone with next to no knowledge of accountancy AND it gives you access to a very informative internet forum where you can ask any sort of accountancy-related question and get a reliable answer to it within a few hours.

If you're looking for an easy-to-use program to do your accountancy, you just can't go wrong with this one.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very easy, straight forward and easily mastered., 28 Jun 2012
Ian Wantling "Ian Wantling" (The North West.) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 500 REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I gave this software to a friend of mine, who to be honest, isn't too savvy on anything to do with a pc. He's a self employed decorator with two employees and left all of his bookwork to his accountant. After three months of coaching he's now confident enough to operate this software on a weekly basis. I've helped him several times and pretty much everything is 'idiot' proof, with tutorials readily avaialable to guide you through any areas you're unsure of.

The software is more than capeable of handling the data from any small to medium size business and I would imagine following a few weeks use any competant office worker will be able to master and tweek this software to their personal situation and preferances.

So, if you're in a position where you're considering the necessity of preparing your own accounts then you won't go wrong with Business Accountz Enterprise. Recommended.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

Business Accountz Enterprise 2012 (PC/Mac/Linux)
Business Accountz Enterprise 2012 (PC/Mac/Linux) by Accountz.com Ltd (Linux, Mac OS X, Windows 7)
349.99