‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Best package I've tried, 16 Feb. 2012
Mr Gumby "DH" (UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This is terrific software. It installed easily and runs efficiently with fast responses throughout. There's a comprehensive feature set and the Eazy button really does help non-accountants. The only thing that might count against it is the absence of integrated payroll.

Three versions are available. Basic is likely to suffice for very small businesses but you my want Professional for its Quotes/Estimates, Multi-currency, or whatever. Professional would probably have sufficed for me but hopefully my business will grow into Enterprise which adds supplier management, purchase orders, automated entry of repeat transactions, and more. There's a useful comparison chart ("Feature Matrix") on the Accountz website.

The learning curve is about as low as it could be. Beginners can start by using the Eazy button and later progress to Rapid Data Entry. Eazy gives you a table of possible actions, with columns headed Buy/Pay, Sell, Report, etc, and rows offering specific functions within those headings.

The reporting/analysis tools seem to offer everything most of us will need. Support from Accountz was first-class, the couple of times I emailed them, with quick and helpful responses to questions. There's a friendly community on the excellent forum too, but it doesn't seem to be linked to from the Accountz website; just search for `business accountz forum'.

I'd have no hesitation in recommending Business Accountz but you can easily check it out for yourself - download the demo from their website (well worth doing, even if you've already bought the software). If you like what you see, maybe download the trial version and try running it before handing over any money.

5.0 out of 5 stars Accounting and Book keeping made simple, 12 Feb. 2012
Carl Dipane - See all my reviews
This review is from: Business Accountz Enterprise 2012 (PC/Mac/Linux) (CD-ROM)
I run a small IT systems and solutions business. We have a limited number of `sales' transactions per annum, but they are typically high value.
Along the way, though, we make a significant number of purchase transactions for the components we use to create the `over all' solution for our customers.
We also have an ever growing number of receipts for office, travel and ancillaries.
From day 1, I was put off by the idea of using an Accounting Package.

My initial thinking was:
1) Accounting packages are complex
2) I can do everything I need in Excel

I still stand by Point 2 - but only for the first 3-6 months of starting your business.

Excel gives you an easy means to see all your numbers quickly, and adding columns as needed to represent whatever `data' you like - something accounting packages may not always allow.

But once your business is in full flow, you start to drown in numbers.
Errors are introduced into Excel, and you are forever sorting columns and building new macro's and formulas.
Rather than doing your accounts, you're `doing excel'.

Having first heard of Sage, I investigated this further, but realised that Sage might end up being more complex than continuing with Excel.

A few other PC packages were considered, that in themselves had good reviews, but there were horrendous tales of support or the lack of it.
Web Hosted accounting packages we also considered briefly - but 12 months of their monthly fees was approaching what I would pay for a Desktop PC based system.
There are other pros and cons to Web based systems - and initially the access your accounts anywhere concept had appeal - but in all seriousness, when I am away from the office, accounts are not something I am going to sit and do over the web in a coffee shop)
AccountZ was something I had read about in Computer Shopper- and it had good reviews on the Web and the following points stood out:

*It's a British Company - so I knew changes, VAT, and interfacing to HMRC etc. would always be done correctly

*The Software avoided the Debtors and Creditors jargon of accounting - And used a simple `To' and `From' methodology

And here's the most important point:
Free lifetime Forum Support - along with a very active forum, with input from users and AccountZ staff
* the forums focussed 1/3rd on the software itself and 2/3rds on booking keeping aspects of using the package.
* eg how do I reclaim VAT that I might have forgotten
* How do I allocate x or y for PAYE
* What's the best way to manage `this transaction flow?'

These are topics that are not specific to the AccountZ package - any other company could rightly say - "We support our software, how you use it is up to you".
But Accountz don't do that - You can post almost any question on their forum, and someone will respond within 24 hours of so - usually same day.

That forum and lifetime help is key to why I purchased Accountz.
It formed a key part of the 'entire Accountz' consideration.

Here are the 3 elements I can now see have been essential in my use of AccountZ

The Software:
o Its simplicity
o Its avoidance of Accountancy Jargon
o And the reasonable price

The free initial 1 month of telephone support:
o It's been a lifesaver - and has helped during the initial import and conversion of a number of years of excel data into Accountz

And the moderated forums
o UK small business owners - asking and discussing accounting and book keeping issues
o Plus the input, moderation and responses from Accountz staff.

How's the software? - Simple and Easy to use, though with a lot of power under the covers (e.g. multi-currency, Supplier Management, Product Management and optional Project management)
VAT returns are simplicity - and the online submission to HMRC is worth the purchase price of the software alone)

Searching for and finding transactions is easy, and there are useful filtering functions that help you quickly glance at important elements such as `Who hasn't paid' and "who do I need to pay".

I wish I had of purchased AccountZ 12 months ago - The price is insignificant in comparison to the time saved.

It is very (very) simple to use and my concerns about operating a double entry accounting/book keeping system have come to nothing knowing I have the support of the AccountZ user forum.

5.0 out of 5 stars At last an accounts packages that is not hard work!, 16 April 2012
RJP the Book Boy "Book boy" (UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 500 REVIEWER)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Business Accountz Enterprise 2012 (PC/Mac/Linux) (CD-ROM)
I have had a lot of accounts experience and business planning mileage under my belt. A lot of this type of software has aged me by the learning curves and jargon involved. I was willing to try Accountz to see if its promise of simplification but with power was really true.

First impressions and loading
The first thing that I liked about it was the multiplatform availability in one package. The software loaded quickly with little intervention from me.

Setting up
This is the part most people dread with accounts packages. Accountz is different as I easily imported files and did not have lots of typing or adjusting to do, it just worked! HRMC fields and links were set up by the software. Accountz immediately reacted to budget changes and offered updates to reflect new tax rules - other packages take ages to do this and many of them have got it wrong before!

In use
We have run this for about a month and it has been easy to use and very stable. It sets up all HRMC fields correctly and the various ledgers I use are correctly reported and running totals given very easily. The 'Easy button' technology works and gives you lots of functions to see what is going on in a business at a point in time. It really does work and is very useful.
It was easy to set up regular payment between suppliers and customers and it even does on the fly currency conversion for overseas transactions. This has cut down my workload considerably - why has no other package made it this easy before ?

Data import
We use a lot of planning spreadsheets and I expected an Achilles heal here with importing them as some other reviews have mentioned. As I keep my spreadsheet as simple as possible I found no such problem. Exporting data back to the spreadsheets was easy as well so perhaps the update before running the software has addressed some of the earlier comments about this. Everything has just worked !

Stock control
We used to use a spreadsheet based system we inherited but Accountz can do it and we have now updated the package to run our stock control. We have probobly spent most time in this part of the package getting things right but now it's running correctly it needs very little intervention from us. We have set the levels up and re-order conditions and it works well. If a suppliers computer indicates something has gone up a report is generated to allow manual intervention before automatically ordering - brilliant! I am now running my business and not an accounts package.

What I have not tried
We don't have many staff so have not tried to do the wages on this system but if it is like the rest of the package it should be solid. We have not done a full year end but you can easily see your running totals at anytime including VAT, tax, stock value, liabilities and it will even project a valuation on the company at any point in time.
What's missing (or what I have not found yet)
I have still a long way to go with this package but for now I need a planning module so that I can dump Excel for good, someway of formatting data into PowerPoint without going via Excel (there might be a way but I have not found it yet) as I need to do lots of financial presentations.

The learning curve
For a up and running business it was surprisingly low and the packages avoids using accounting jargon. The reports are easy to get and read and it offers much more than anything we have had before. I could probably get away with the cheaper Professional version but the extras in the Enterprise version are better suited for a business based on import and export like ours and where currency fluctuations are important. For a new business look carefully at the features offered by each version and select from there.

Will I fire my accountant ?
No, but I now have a better understanding of my business than I had a month ago and that is a step in the right direction. What the automation of this software has done is to give me time to analyse and look at better ways of doing things and that has been great. I am now steering the ship with both hands!

4.0 out of 5 stars A PACKAGE FOR NON-ACCOUNTANCY TYPES BUT WITH PAYROLL AN OPTIONAL 3RD PARTY ADD ON, 26 Jan. 2012
Helpless "Helpless" (UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 500 REVIEWER)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Since 2008 I have been using the same accounts package, it was time I looked at updating what I had, but with anything `update related' I wondered whether it would be tears before bedtime.
Try as I might I could not install this package on a Windows 7 Ultimate, core i7 laptop. I spent a frustrating Saturday evening, then Sunday evening trying to enter the licence key but to no avail.

Support is offered Monday to Friday, so I called, it was answered within around 20 seconds by a PERSON! No press this or press that.

The first question I was asked is if I had the licence key, to which I replied yes. The second question, were there any ones or zeros in the licence key, to which I replied yes. The reply to this was "We don't have any ones or zeros in our licence keys; they are `i' and `o'".

Feeling foolish but admiring the support offered I had the product installed in less than 4 minutes.

A first impression is that the interface looks a little dated, more Win 98 than Win 7, but don't let that fool you, it might not be pretty but it does the job.

Get under the hood and you will find that this product is pretty much all encompassing when it comes to company accounts. It will do most things that other accounting packages provide but compared to my old one you do not need to be an accountant to use it.

My favourite bit is the EAZY button. If you have an expense and are not sure where to put it, click on the box and it will ask you questions as you go along and provide you with the correct place to input the amount. It is not full of accountancy jargon; it really is that user friendly.
For those of you Vat registered, it covers European rates and you can file directly online.

The only downsides I can see are that the product is one licence for one company, whereas there are other products that allow multiple company entries. Payroll services and extra company licences appear to be optional extras. Payroll also appears to be a 3rd party add on.
For same price you can get an accountancy package which includes payroll and this something you might want to consider. This and the 3rd party payroll option looses it a star.

It has the same 30 day free telephone support as most other packages and lifetime forum support.

This is a well featured accountancy package aimed at small businesses; I will run this in parallel with my usual accountancy package over the next two months, a little extra work but essential to see if it is for me and my business.

One final word of advice, follow the instructions to back up the licence key, that is essential and always but always back up you accounts to a separate hard drive. I've been there and done that, don't make the mistake I made!

4.0 out of 5 stars Adequate Software For Small Business Owners, 8 Feb. 2012
C M Cotton "Chris Cotton" (Europe and USA) - See all my reviews
(TOP 100 REVIEWER)    (VINE VOICE)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I now run several businesses in the UK. I use an accountant I have known for many years and have always been happy with their service. I have had very little need for such software, especially given the price of packages made by other companies. I am not a computer whiz and sometimes find complicated Microsoft software packages too difficult to use.

I received this software free of charge via the amazon vine programme. In truth I would not have bought such software, given my relationship with my accountant. I therefore used this opportunity to try the software without any risk or guilt.

It was simplicity itself to install. The software gives you an easy to use accounting package. The interface is not complex and it has a unique "Eazy" button, which you press and it can fix most problems quickly without getting stressed. It can automatically calculate VAT and tax so long as you input your codes into the software. It also allows you to create budgets and cash flow projections. In short this software can handle virtually anything a small to medium sized business can throw at it easily. The biggest issue I have is that it does not work/talk to Microsoft products, such as Excel. Without this compatibility the usefulness of this product may be minimal for some business users.

Whilst I am a stick in the mud and like the reassurance that my accountant brings, this software is the next best thing. It is easy to use and does virtually everything you will require. A great product but maybe a bit expensive at full price, compared to other accounting software packages.

Recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars Simple accounting for business, 13 Feb. 2012
Mr. Stephen Redman (York England) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
There is a simplicity about this software that is refreshing. After the name of your business, the next question you are asked on installation is "Are you an accountant or not?" This alters the way the software deals with you and if you chooses that you are 'not' then the interface becomes a dream for the uninitiated!
T&P&L and Balance sheet are instant at any time, VAT reporting is also straightforward and you can even link directly to your payroll information.
This is all about recording transactions and the details of clients and suppliers the fastest way possible, and getting the reports you need in an instant.
Updates are delivered over the internet and are free, so those heavy annual fees from Sage and others are totally bypassed. Support is available via email, although it is suggested that initially you follow the links to dedicated forums (which make a lot of sense).
Transfer from other accounts packages is supported and looks like it is straightforward.
If you have a never ending budget for Sage updates and you are a book-keeper by trade this is probably no advantage for you. If you want to minimise future costs and book-keeping is not your first call in life, this may be exactly the package you have dreamed of.
Not ideal for a charity - although you could make it work - this is really aimed at business!

5.0 out of 5 stars Simple entry and organised interface, 8 April 2012
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
When it comes to business an owner ideally wants to focus on their business rather than the accounts. Understanding this, Business Accountz focuses on less learning to use the software and more entering data as painlessly as possible.

So for new users, you have the Eazy Button. Which is essential a tile of actions that are most used. "buy stock", "refund purchase" etc... This leads you step by step into entering the necessary information in stages. This is extremely useful for the beginner but once mastered, the interface allows the user to enter the appropriate sections of the program with some well designed icons at the top of the software that take you to the same actions, but in a more traditional list interface and entry interface with record fields.

Whilst the help isn't as comprehensive as another package such as Intuit's Quickbooks, data entry here is extremely easy and painless (so far) and support online from the forums is welcome nonetheless. You're surely be able to manage this yourself and save money on hiring somebody dedicated which makes this package a bargain and particularly attractive if you value your time over the cost of software.

5.0 out of 5 stars Outstanding Accountz software in every way, 9 July 2013
This review is from: Business Accountz Enterprise 2012 (PC/Mac/Linux) (CD-ROM)
My husband and I have recently purchased the company he was employed by and rather abruptly found ourselves at the helm. One of the first challenges was to set up an accounting system and as we used Apple products the existing software Sage needed to be replaced.

I researched into software that would be both Mac and Windows compatible so to not limit my choice of accountants. I read several favourable reviews about Accountz software and after much consideration purchased it from Amazon.

If I were to tell you it was outstanding that would be an understatement, the software is easy to install, easy to set up and understand, and the back up from the customer service team is nothing short of exceptional. They provided me with a free 30 day telephone support which when I contacted them on many occasion, were able to answer my questions straight away and nothing was too much trouble. They even worked with me to input my accounts onto the software, when I needed extra help.

I have since purchased the 12 months additional telephone support as not only do they help me with any queries relating to the software, but they help with general accountancy problems, which if I were to speak to an accountant would cost a lot more money. The package also saves my accounts data via cloud back up so all my data is safe and retrievable if I have any problems, great piece of mind.

All in all it has been absolutely brilliant, the best choice of software I could have made. I have used Sage accounts line 50 v.7 in the past and this knocks spots of it. It's modern, very user friendly and the back support with the free online manual, video help, the online forum and the telephone team, and no on going fees, in my opinion can't be beaten. If you still haven't made up your mind to buy it, please don't hesitate, if you are looking for an accounts software package then buy this one, you will be very pleased you did.

5.0 out of 5 stars A Good Investment, 27 April 2012
Pete F. (Ayrshire, Scotland) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I do not actually have need of accountancy software at present but could have done with this in the past and will probably have plenty of use for it in the future, the reason I am stating this is because I have only actually used the 'Home' version of this software as yet. The programme is quick and easy to install - it takes just a few minutes and a set-up wizard walks you through the process - and once installed it is very intuitive to use. It does take a little while to input all the information required to keep your accounts in order but once that has been done very little effort is needed to keep your records up to date.

On opening the software you are presented with a home page which has a series of one-click buttons at the top of the window which allow you to view information about payments and payees, balances, budgeting, accounts and other transactions there is also the 'Eazy' button, a major selling point of this software, which makes setting up and editing of all these processes even easier. Beneath this toolbar windows display the information requested.

The interface is one that most users will quickly become at ease with and actually makes financial record keeping quite simple. One of the things that I really like is the print feature, this allows you to view, design and edit the documents created within the programme, prior to actually printing them out, there is also a 'desk diary' and a 'calculator' tool.

I am running this on an intel Mac using OS X 10.7 Lion and have had no problems whatsoever in either installing or running the software. I would definitely recommend this to anyone wanting to keep control of their finances and even though it's not exactly cheap I do believe that its ease of use, excellent design and quality of features makes this software well worth the investment.

5.0 out of 5 stars Business Accountz Does it again..., 17 Mar. 2012
R. Patel "Bush4ever" (Texas) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This software installs on Mac as well as Windows and Linux. Yes, Linux as well and I am a Linux convert, so what a good send.
We have a small business and even though we already use an accounting package, I wanted to try this out and see if it offers me anything new and if it's easier to manage my day-to-day accounts. In my first step of bookkeeping and using this software I immediately found it was allot easier to navigate and set-up my accounts and tracking of suppliers. I was truly shocked at how quickly I could do this. My last package took me 5 times as long. So far so good...!

I hit a snag when I was attempting to upload all my previous supplier details, so I rang the hotline and within 5 minutes with the tech support person I had it sorted. He even told me how to set things up and do things easier and I was a happy man by now. The support person was brilliant and friendly, he seemed extremely technical and knew exactly what I wanted to do. he also pointed me out to the forums where there is a wealth of information.

The other nice feature this edition has is the automated transactions, it may sound daunting, but it makes my life a whole lot easier. It all was setup quickly and was a doodle. I now have all my transactions setup automatically and the software keeps a running total and details. A big weight off my shoulders, really is.

The best thing about the software is the filters and the ability to modify the fields and have short-cuts setup to make things so much easier to use.

I've had a instance benefit from this package and from now on I will be only using this software. You can purchase the extra modules like Budgeting + Forecasting, which I ended up purchasing and downloading. This gives me the ability to add forecast for my monthly out-goings etc. Something, I needed desperately, but it all works very well.

The interface is brilliant and easy and I even my wife can start using this software(and she hates accounts). The Eazy button is great and covers allot of what I need in a single click (in theory). I know most accounts need a more in-depth analysis of my accounts and this software covers all my needs. It has a wonderful menu system and interface and is fast.
This software will definitely keep my accountant happy as the reports it generates are very good and also make his life easier.

5 out of 5, there is no doubting this software, it does what it says and more. Any small or medium size business should use this software and forget Sage or Quickbooks. This is possibly the most efficient and best Accounts package to have and I've used Sage and Quickbooks Pro.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

Business Accountz Enterprise 2012 (PC/Mac/Linux)
Business Accountz Enterprise 2012 (PC/Mac/Linux) by Accountz.com Ltd (Linux, Mac OS X, Windows 7)