5.0 out of 5 stars Works well, 5 Sep 2013
This review is from: UniData WPU-7800 Wireless Wifi VoIP Phone (Electronics)
I've had this phone for over a year now and it has proved to be a good companion to roam around my buildings on three different router to extender to dlan access points.

I'd class myself as being pretty clued up but for some reason it took me quite a while to get the voip server set up correctly. Around 2 hours before I could get the phone to register with the voip provider. Since then it's been fine and has a good battery life. Voice clarity is also very good. I live in a rural area and the voip quality is fine on our slow 1.5Mb connection.

One thing to note is extenders won't route voip through a BT hub and you can't access any firewall or exceptions menus on the BT Hub 3. So I switched back to an old Belkin router and then can route voip through both the DLan and netgear range extender without any problems.

5.0 out of 5 stars The best cheap WiFi VoIP phone still available, 8 Mar 2013
This review is from: UniData WPU-7800 Wireless Wifi VoIP Phone (Electronics)
Now that the UTStarCom GF-210 has gone out of production, this seems to be the cheapest WiFi VoIP (not Skype) phone that's still available. The OS is a bit perverse in that embedded-device way, but it gets the job done, and voice quality is fine. The embedded web server makes configuration and contact management trivial. Works well with Asterisk.

5.0 out of 5 stars UniData-WPU-7800-Wireless-Wifi- IP-Phone, 12 Sep 2012
This review is from: UniData WPU-7800 Wireless Wifi VoIP Phone (Electronics)
What a gem this phone is, I'm using this phone to REPLACE Cisco's (wip-310g)which was a nightmare, after talking to Richard at Novavox he guided me in my decision to try the Unidata WPU-7800 WiFi IP Phone, and I can't thank him enough, battery life is excellent, signal streanth is maximum, and the thing that really sets this phone apart from others on the market, is the L2/L3 roaming capability has been my saviour, I have alot of Netgear Wreless Controllers in the field running upto 16 access points across each site, and on Cisco phones the call would drop when walking about, not the case with this baby, I'm happy my Clients are happy and I'll gaurentee youll be happy too.

ps

Price point is excellent as well, this is my phone of choice going forward for WiFi Ip Phones, "does what it says on the tin".

A+++++++++++

4.0 out of 5 stars configuration, 11 Oct 2013
This review is from: UniData WPU-7800 Wireless Wifi VoIP Phone (Electronics)
I found this on amazon.com and it was written by B. Robertson

Here's what you need to know...
- For WiFi password, if you don't put it in correct it doesn't give you an error telling you that. Just be aware if you can't get WiFi working it could be that.
- Once wifi is connected, go back into MENU -> Settings -> #9 Admin Settings
- Enter; password: 000000 (6 zeros) in the menu. Then, the SIP configuration will be revealed. (Initially tried 4 which is the bluetooth convention... this is the default USER password so you will not get admin options in the menu... 6 zeros is key!)
- When in sip settings, You have to set the "1st_Proxy" to the IP/hostname of your SIP server. I ended up putting my sip server hostname the "domain" field and the "proxy 1" putting it in the domain only doesn't work.

Hope this saves someone some time. Phone seems to work ok so far for me now that I got it configured.

I have connected this phone to an avaya ipo and it works as advertised. No manual/instructions would be the downside, otherwise this is a good phone.