on 29 February 2012
I bought this for my thirty two year old son to remind him of the good times he had playing these games when he was about twelve. Only downside for us is that the wonderful PITFALLS game is not on it. Never mind, it's still great.
on 20 July 2015
I already own an original Atari and a flash cart full of PAL games but I needed to replace the joysticks and I found it was cheaper to buy the Flashback 3 (console +2 joysticks) than getting two joysticks seperately, with the logo and red button these look more authentic than the retro-bit ones. So I saved a pound!

I never thought I'd use the console itself but I noticed that there's about 14 games here that I haven't been able to play properly on my old Atari, either because they're NTSC only prototypes or need paddles. The Flashback 3 (FB3) is an NTSC console so the colours display as they should, and an added bonus is that it emulates the paddles so you can play Super Breakout etc with the joysticks. Brilliant!

The emulation is as good as any I've seen and is better than what I've come to expect from AtGames/Blaze (infamous for dodgy sounding SEGA clones and the terrible Game Gadget).
The video output from the FB3 is much clearer than you'll probably remember! The console looks great and is ultra-portable, it ways next to nothing. The games are hit and miss, as you tend to expect with compilations, but Yar's Revenge, Combat, Asteroid and Centipede are all worth checking out if you're new to Atari, some of the others, not so much (loses a star there). Purists could also argue that the menu looks a little too advanced and reminds you that you're not using original hardware but I like that it indicates whether games are for one or two players.

Overall, the FB3 is a nice introduction to the legacy of Atari 2600, although there appears to be more and better games on later editions, I'd recommend the FB4 or 5 for that purpose.
As a joystick donor and addition to PAL Atari/Flash cart combo, the FB3 is the best choice!

As a UK retro player, I now have a curious eye on the Colecovision Flashback as it's probably the best (and definitely cheapest) way to experience a console I never got to discover as a kid.
on 5 January 2014
Just wanted to say that the recomended retail price is £39.99 as I can see most of the prices for this are WAY over that & don't wish people to get ripped off!
Otherwise a great games console with everything great from the past!
on 22 April 2012
What can i say , A must for all ex owners of the Atari 2600. 60 Classic built in games ,including my all time favourite "Outlaw".
Mind you i am stuck in the past !!!
on 15 September 2012
if you was born in the late 70's or the 80's this is something you will love, my brother was born in the late 70s and i was born right in the middle of the 80s and all my family and friends love this product infact several of them have bought it for themselfs aswell,
if your a fan of retro gaming this is a must buy
on 16 February 2013
My parents bought me an Atari 2600 when I was young. Now I'm in my 40s I saw this and just had to buy one. If your my age you know what to expect , very basic gameplay , basic graphics and basic sounds but it just goes to prove you don't need state of the art technology to enjoy video games.
on 3 August 2012
Must say i was disappointed the classic games were not available like Space Invaders etc.

Even though this is a retro console, i thought the graphics were better as i remembered, may be there are on the other models.
on 2 April 2013
Really enjoyed playing this with my brother brought back some great memories with these old games.

Some we played for a couple of seconds! I think it was night driver - No idea how a game can be so difficult!
on 16 June 2013
you do get bored after a wile playing but its the memory's that brings back that matters. it was a present for my brother and the first reaction when he opened it was excitement so i am happy with it!
on 3 February 2013
This was bought for my games mad partner as a retro kid. On receiving it he was disappointed not what he had asked for. On playing it though he loved it and him and the kids have had endless fun

See one answered question