4.0 out of 5 stars Works, but is slow.
Published 18 months ago by P. Banks

3.0 out of 5 stars Really good, but it requires a power source.
It's slow, cheap and does it's job but in order for me to use it, I actually have to attach a SATA Power Cable to it from my PC, pain in the ass but eh it works when I need it and I didn't know that, I thought the USB would power the drive but obviously I wasn't thinking straight considering the required power for USB is MUCH lower than Sata Power to HDD.
Published 1 month ago by MooLeitch7

4.0 out of 5 stars Works, but is slow., 9 Oct 2012
P. Banks (Cambridge, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Neewer USB 2.0 to IDE SATA 2.5 3.5 Hard Drive Converter Cable
Firstly, this doesn't come with a power supply cable so make sure you have one before purchasing this item. As my old PC died, I needed to be able to get all my files off my old IDE drive, so I bought this cable. However, the transfer rate on my system only seems to be about 1MB/s - it might just be my setup, so I can't comment for other computers. Other than that, it works fine.

4.0 out of 5 stars service(delivery) is bad but product is fit for purpose, 9 Mar 2013
order finally arrived today but one day after the deadline which was 15/03/2013. it took an unbelievable 25 days to deliver! had i known it took so long i would have ordered it from a UK based seller for a similar product (and its cheapper)! other than that, the product is good and fit for purpose. I used it to read/copy a sata drive from a crashed pc. speed is reasonable fast due to it being usb 2.0
update: seller has apologised for the late delivery and expressed to address it in the future.

3.0 out of 5 stars Really good, but it requires a power source., 4 Mar 2014

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 17 Dec 2013
Brilliant bit of kit which does a good job and helped me rescue information from my old lap top, a good buy.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 9 Sep 2013
Just needed this once to connect to an old hard drive to my computer. Worked fine and have not needed it again.

5.0 out of 5 stars exellent, 27 April 2013
i had an old internal sata hdd that i couldn't use on my PC until i bought this adapter now ive got another drive for backing stuff up. i would highly recommend buying this

4.0 out of 5 stars Neewer USB 2.0 to IDE SATA 2.5 3.5 Hard Drive Converter Cable, 18 Mar 2013
Could have done with an instruction leaflet - definitely needs an external power supply. 6 more words required before 'submit'

5.0 out of 5 stars Laptop hard drive/USB cable, 25 Feb 2013
B. M. Davies (Cheltenham UK) - See all my reviews
Replaced the hard drive on my laptop 2 years ago but fortunately kept the old one. Recently needed to get an old file off that drive and needed a connector cable. Bought this and within ONE MINUTE had recovered the old file!. Much impressed that it was so easy - nothing else needed at all. Just like plugging in a kettle, it just boils! Extremely competitively priced and delivered free within 72 hrs of ordering. Couldn't ask for more really.

5.0 out of 5 stars as described, 24 Feb 2013
Matthew Lewis - See all my reviews
works as described, might be better if powered but still not bad. Didn't fit one of my drives but the ones it fits work ok

4.0 out of 5 stars Does the job, 17 Feb 2013
Received converter cable promptly. Some reviewers said they had to use separate power supply, mine worked fine connected direct to the USB port the 2.5 in Sata hard drive spun up and started to search no problem. Sadly for me the problem I had was the drive had been corrupted while in the Laptop, couldn't retrieve the data I had hoped to but had the opportunity to format the drive and use it for storage. All in all a good cable for the price.

ARRAY(0xac9f7abc)