on 16 January 2012
I received the microwave in good time, but am not sure it came with the correct glass plate, as it fits very poorly on the turntable spindle that the glass plate should sit on.

The turntable spindle wobbles quite severly and is not held firmly in its position. Consequently, the plate is unstable, particularly when removing hot food plates and containers from the oven. The microwave and grill work as expected, but the oven looks and feels poorly constructed and the quality is not what is expected from a Panasonic product.

I would not recommend this microwave.
on 5 March 2012
At first the microwave was fine, but then after 20 months it started to spark, had burn marks inside. We didn't feel that it was safe to use and contacted Panasonic.
They said if we took it to one of their repair centres, once it had been checked, they may then take it forward. The repair centre was over 40 miles away ant the charge for looking at it, without anything being done to it was £25 plus about £15 to send it to them. I didn't go any further because I was not going to spend £40 not getting it repaired or replaced. Although out of guarantee I did not feel that Panasonic acted very well with this matter. Also their customer service was very slow to respond

A DISAPPOINTING LENGTH OF TIME FOR AN APPLIANCE TO LAST.
on 14 August 2014
Superb item, whisper quiet as well as easy to use and very efficient. Pleanty of room for large plates despite some reviews stating otherwise. Grill, dual and microwave function all work exceptionally well. Replaced my old Sanyo which, was a real workhorse. I have no doubt this appliance will be equally good and efficient as the one I was used to.)
on 27 November 2011
The Panasonic NN-k181MMBPO is a nice little compact microwave and functions well. We needed a compact because of limited space. The compact is not used extensively as we cook mainly on the hob or in the oven, but it carries out its functions fairly well. The only criticism that I have is that the base plate is not flat and therefore the legs don't sit down on a flat worktop.

I sent the first one back and a replacement was delivered within days - guess what? Yes, the base is not flat so it doesn't sit flat on the work-surface. It is not an expensive item and I don't rely on it very much, so I am prepared to put up with the wobble on it. If you want a compact microwave that wobbles, this is the model for you.

David Lockwood
on 25 March 2013
I used previous reviews to make my decision about purchasing this microwave. I found that some were nit picking and some were silly; particularly the one that said that she couldn't get a six inch jug onto the the turntable because of the lack of room. I can only assume that she was trying to place it on the top of the grill stand!!. .In my review I have to say that the overall impression of the microwave was that it was quite small. Having said that, I was able to place an M&S dinner plate onto the turntable with the small grill stand on it and there was room for it to work OK. The grill stand was quite small and I was disappointed that whilst the advert showed that there were eleven horizontal wires on which to place the food to be grilled, on my grill stand there were only eight, so that three medium rashers of bacon left no room for anything else.
One peculiarity of the grill feature which totally threw me, and which iniitally made me think that mocrowave was faulty, was that whilst grilling bacon; after 5 minutes the grill switched itself off and did not come on again until a total of nine minutes had elapsed. This means that to cook bacon etc which normally takes about seven or eight minutes on other panasonic microwaves; this microwave has to be left on for about 12 to 14 minutes to allow itself to switch back on and complete the cooking phase. Other than that I found no problems with the machine and I would readily buy one again in future as I found that for the price paid, this was reasonable value. As an after thought, I found that the insruction manual was one of the most comprehensive booklets I have ever seen with a host of hints and many recipes as well.
on 2 January 2013
I'VE HAD THIS MICROWAVE FOR A YEAR NOW AND HAVE HAD NO PROBLEMS WITH IT WHATSOEVER. IT DOES THE JOB AND HAS NO WOBBLY BITS AS OTHER PEOPLE HAVE STATED IN THEIR REVIEWS. DEFINETLY PURCHASE IT AS IT IS GOOD VALUE FOR MONEY!
on 27 October 2015
Rubbish customer service poor quality extra,s .Having brought this machine the grill rack which comes with the machine and is used for such things as jacket potato,s .Started to lose the chrome finish .I Complained to Panasonic who informed me this not covered by the warranty and would not be replacing the item but should i wish to purchase a new one at the cost of £8.00 . I think not buyer beware . Look for another Maker I will
review image
on 23 June 2013
I purchased the NN-K181MM to replace my old microwave and because it has all the requirements I want, including the compact size as I have only a small kitchen. I have now had this microwave for several weeks and found it easy to operate and efficient in its cooking. I am very pleased with it.
on 1 September 2013
I bought this to replace my broken Panasonic microwave which was six years old. It is pretty much like for like and if I get another six years out of this one you will be reading the same review in six years time.
on 1 April 2013
Good value for the price. Nicely compact. Good clear instruction booklet. Have yet to try the combi aspect but microwaving has been very good.