5.0 out of 5 stars Rose red snow white
Brilliant book one of the best thrillers l have read in a long time ,starts a bit slow but stay with it because before long you just can't put the book down.
Published 13 months ago by W. Williamson

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing . . .
I have never done a review before but feel I have to write an alternative to all the 5 stars this book has already got. I previously read Sugar and Spice and really enjoyed it so was delighted to see another book by the same writer. And reading all the reviews I was really looking forward to it. But oh no . . . I always read to the very end but I am not even halfway...
Published on 29 Aug 2011 by deana

2.0 out of 5 stars So Disappointing, 10 Oct 2011
This review is from: Snow White: (A DCI Cass Rose thriller) (Rose Red Crime thriller series Book 1) (Kindle Edition)
The plot was quite acceptable but the dialogue between characters was childish at times and irritating. The author needs to find an editor who knows good grammar and does not allow "Americanisations" to be used by English characters, for example 'you did good'!!!!! Several other grammatical errors occurred regularly - "He was stood, he was sat, park up". I believe the correct English is "he stood or he was standing, he was sitting or he sat and you park a car, not park up"!

1.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing, 2 Oct 2011
Like many others I enjoyed Sugar and Spice - my only real criticism was that it wasn't very well written from a literary point of view and that the text needed serious editing. However - I really enjoyed its fast pace and story telling.

Snow White, however, is a real turn off on all levels and I found it far too distateful to read.

Please, Ms Desforges. You have natural talent but I would suggest you need some professional advice and input.

4.0 out of 5 stars Worthwhile read but....., 10 Sep 2011
I liked Sugar and Spice and the style of writing but like another reviewer thought the sex scenes a bit excessive and gratuitous. My major problem was that the ending was weak after a huge build up. I also prefer that fiction has some grounding in reality. No lawyer could ever be involved in a case that had personally affected them other than having a role as a witness.
I still want to read the second book providing the flights of fancy are reigned in.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 18 Aug 2014
Mr. John Johnson (leeds england) - See all my reviews
wonderful story great plot couldn't put down

1.0 out of 5 stars Sluggish, 28 Nov 2011
Can't get into this book at all. Will plod on for another few chapters but it's not looking like it will get much better.

2.0 out of 5 stars Big disappointment, 15 May 2012
R Gibbons "Ruthiegee" (Bucks. UK) - See all my reviews
I had read and really enjoyed Sugar and Spice recently and downloaded this book almost automatically. Very soon I wished I hadn't. I am so disappointed with this book that I have been moved to write a review, my first.

The behavior of the the two main characters, Cass a supposed hard nosed lesbian DI who seems to cry too often and behave unprofessionally in court and Philippa, her Barrister lover is unbelievable. They would never have stayed together as a couple with Philippa's continual whining about germs, lower classes on buses etc. I wanted to strangle her or tell the writer to stop. The sexual elements of the book were a little distasteful and there was more information than I needed and wanted and I certainly think they would have been more careful with the children around.

I really wanted to give up on the book and do not know why I carried on. The reading was a hard slog. Had this been a hard copy, it would have gone in the bin.

1.0 out of 5 stars waste of time, 22 Nov 2011
I have only read the first third of this book and it consists of a string of contentious issues with very little story joining them together. I bought this on the back of reviews of Sugar and Spice and am totally disappointed.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent second outing, 19 Aug 2011
This is the second book I have read by this author, and like the first I found it excellent. The characters are great and make you want to know more about them.
The only down side to the book is it was over too soon. I couldn't put it down and finished it in two days, at which pointed I wanted more.

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing So! So! crime drama, 7 Feb 2013
Having read Sugar and Spice and found it a very engaging read. I invested in this and was relieved to finish it. Okay there are very few lesbian characters in fiction, but the way Red and Pippa relate to each other, constantly arguing with one another. I'd be relieved if they split up. Alright were in the twenty first century but the way they conduct their relationship, especially when children are in the picture is crass and unbelievable- They are a policewoman and barrister for godsake. It seemed like political correctness was being rubbed in my face.
As for the thriller aspect, I'm sorry to say It did'nt engage me because it concentrated on Roses and Pippas relationship too much. More of the story should have concentrated on the Huntsman, but the story seemed to meander towards the conflicting attitudes of the officers too much rather than concentrating on the pursuit of the serial killer.
The beginning of the story started well and the ending was good, but too much emphasis was on the relationship which seemed at the most dysfunctional.
All in all, this was very disappointing. Seeing as I enjoyed Saffinas Sugar and Spice so much.4/10

2.0 out of 5 stars very average, 10 Sep 2011
An average read to pass the time rather than to enjoy. Characterization is poor and the lead characters as sketched are unlikeable. Red's lawyer lover is particularly unbelievable - and the interaction between these two is banal. The young daughter is the most well written character. The story wanders along into a fairly contrived climax, whilst the barely described police procedures appear to have been researched from watching cop shows. In fact the impression is given that perhaps the book has been written in the hope it might be picked up for televising. Two stars given because the author managed to keep me sufficiently interested to read it right through.