on 20 September 2011
My two year old adores the first collection of nursery rhymes The Nursery Rhyme Collection - 33 Musicians Create A Nursery Rhymes Masterpiece (2 CD's) (and to be honest, so do I!). I found it hard to envisage which nursery rhymes would make up the second collection on CD. A further 67 rhymes was an amazing feat. I enjoy the fact (as I did with the last collection) that it is real music. This may sound silly but it genuinely feels like you're at a gig, that's perhaps the best way to describe it. If in doubt, check them out on the internet because it is really worth experiencing the sounds.

In places, this collection has become a bit song based. By this I mean the first collection is fast paced and highly entertaining. However as my son is only 26 months it may just be that the first CD is more suited to his age group and in maybe six months or so the songs on this new CD will appeal more. There are many on there that he certainly knows now but the style of these songs is so original (and thank goodness for that) that he doesn't quite recognise the rhyme being sung.

I can't rate these musicians highly enough. They've produced two high quality CDs that take nursery rhymes to a different level. I'm certain for example that track 15 from CD2 was inspired by Pink Floyd. By using a range of musical genres it is a great way to introduce your child to compositions that take the rhymes they love and turns them into music.
on 21 September 2011
Wow!

What can I say, if only all kids CDs were like this. I absolutely love it! I have a copy of the The Nursery Rhyme Collection 1 (which is nearly worn out now from playing it so much) that my kids along with my wife and myself love to have playing in the car and at home. So when I managed to get the 2nd collection I was over the moon. (and so were the kids!) The quality of the musical performances is amazing with a real diverse range of styles, so being a musian myself I feel my kids are not only having great fun when listening to these albums, but they're also being educated!

When is the 3rd gonna be avaliable?!

Jay
on 29 September 2011
Our 3 yr old loved the first CD so much we had to get a copy of the new release.....it's fantastic, we laughed and sang along so much we're not sure who enjoyed it most. Genius compilation very cleverly written with some superb musical influences, thank you for making a nursery rhyme album for all the family to enjoy!
on 30 September 2011
The title of the CD says it all; another masterpiece has been created!

My 3 boys loved the first CD so much that we had to buy a second copy to keep in our other car! We were all hoping that the 2nd installment would be as good and we've not been disappointed.

Fantastic, a must buy for all families!!
on 19 July 2012
We have had the first Nursery Rhyme Collection Album for a few years now, and the whole family have enjoyed it very much. I am so happy I ordered vols 3 & 4. We listened to the first few tracks today before preschool and my little one was up dancing straight away. I couldn't wait for her to get back to listen to the rest of the it, so am playing it now, and really enjoying it. I know she is going to love it! Very highly recommended.
on 27 September 2011
My kids love this CD and so do I!

Especially like "Do your Ears Hang low" :)

Looking forward to number 3!
on 19 October 2011
This CD was brought as a gift to us in Canada froma relative in the UK. WE LOVE IT!!! The musicians are super talented and the voices are really great, totally different from any other kids cd we have ever heard. It doesn`t drive us crazy and our baby son smiles like crazy then falls asleep when we have it on in the van, our go-to music for every car trip long or short. I have aready asked for the 1st cd in this series, we can`t wait til it arrives. BUY THIS CD, TRULY WONDERFUL! Makes a perfect gift, too.
on 20 November 2012
Though the Amazon review sums this one up quite nicely I should point out that its probably the hardest thing in music to create a nursery rhyme but as Volume I had My Bonnie done in the style of the Beatles more or less like the version credited to Tony Sheridan made in Germany in 1961 so its the Beatles who actually came closest with Yellow Submarine,Goodnight,Golden Slumbers (based on the ancient poem) and All Together Now.Not forgetting that it was Paul McCartney who revived Mary Had A Little Lamb
22 comments|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 11 October 2011
I cannot praise this CD highly enough. The kids love it and more importantly so do I. Its been on in the car everyday for the last 2 weeks - even when the kids aren't there. It's guaranteed to put a smile on your face as well as the kids'. The musicians have created a unique musical experience and the interpretations are simply brilliant. See how many different styles you can discover. "I need a ship" is genius!

I can't recommend this highly enough for the kids and the kids at heart.
on 11 February 2015
I like this CD a lot. I notice that I've given my reviews based on what I like. Yes, my 2 yr toddler likes what I like. If it's on, he'll dance to it especially if am doing the same. But he won't ask for it like he does his other favourite things so I guess. Which is why I would say he may like it but isn't crazy about it. The 1st CD is GREAT. Love it, love it, love it. Well done. The 2nd CD isn't that great but will do. I would still recommend it.