5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent!!
I have just installed this drive into my MacBook (the black version from about five years ago). Installation is very easy - a quick internet search found a detailed technical note which explained everything - but you do need a small crosspoint screwdriver, easy and cheap to obtain, to release a couple of very small screws. The new drive is very quiet - I can just hear it...
Published on 20 Jun 2012 by Andrew

1.0 out of 5 stars CHECK YOUR DELIVERY BEFORE OPENING !!!
if your disk is an HGST make and has NO SAMSUNG name on it IT IS NOT A SAMSUNG

what is worse - it is a make associated with WESTERN DIGITAL - a make notoriously substandard i wouldn't touch with a barge pole. if this is a regular practice of this company they should be REPORTED.

UPDATE: this should not have been sent out in the first place but the...
Published 15 months ago by soffpro

5.0 out of 5 stars Early days but seems to work., 30 Dec 2013
P. C. Devlin "SEVE" (Ireland) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Samsung Spinpoint M8 1TB 2.5 inch SATA II 8MB 9.5mm Hard Drive For Apple Mac Book, Mac Book Pro, Apple Mini PS3
Had to get the older SATA drive due to the age of my Mac but it does give me a lot more space. Response time quicker than my older drive so it makes using the computer a lot more friendly. Cannot complain and as such have no negative comments. Would recommend. I will update this comment at a later date.

5.0 out of 5 stars hard drive, 29 Sep 2013
Prompt delivery. It was as expected and fitting was no problem. Works very well and would not hesitate to recommend this product

5.0 out of 5 stars Great product, 8 Sep 2013
Would recommend getting a cheap enclosure to transfer data from your old hard drive as well as it makes the install much easier.

5.0 out of 5 stars UPDATED MY MACBOOK PRO, 20 Aug 2013
I purchased and used this nice drive to replace my 500MB drive on a 17" MacBookPro. Trouble free. Excellent value. Well worth while.

5.0 out of 5 stars FAB, 20 July 2013
Very good - Installed to macbook (2008) - 2 mins - No probs! Highly recommend to anybody who needs more space!

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect, 16 April 2013
I did not realise I could upgrade my Macbook to 1Tb but this was very easy to install and using Carbon Copy cloner I soon had my Macbook back up and running with my old HD kept now as a spare.

5.0 out of 5 stars Easy to fit, and works perfectly, 15 April 2013
I used this to replace my optical drive on my MacBook Pro, and have moved my iTunes library over to it. It's working perfectly, and I'm very happy with the results.

5.0 out of 5 stars Samsung Spinpoint M8 1TB 2.5 inch SATA II 8MB Hard Drive, 18 Feb 2013
lucky i got this drive, as the one i had in my laptop died after i installed this one, works great with my laptop and had no problem installing windows 7 and xubuntu on the harddrive and was sent out quick too

5.0 out of 5 stars Great product and delivered super quick!, 9 Nov 2014
Decided to save myself £70 and install my new MacBook Pro HD myself. Suprisingly easy install and even with a better and larger HD too! Thanks to the 'genius' man in the Apple Store and his money saving advice.

Great product, great price and delivered next day - no beating that!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for PS3s!, 7 Nov 2014
Helped give my Playstation 3 so much more life (had barely 60gb of space, which got consumed in next to no time due to install data and whatnot). Thanks to this (and a good friend), we can now enjoy the PS3 for so much longer now that storage isn't too much of a problem now :)