5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent!!
Published on 20 Jun. 2012 by Andrew

1.0 out of 5 stars CHECK YOUR DELIVERY BEFORE OPENING !!!
if your disk is an HGST make and has NO SAMSUNG name on it IT IS NOT A SAMSUNG

what is worse - it is a make associated with WESTERN DIGITAL - a make notoriously substandard i wouldn't touch with a barge pole. if this is a regular practice of this company they should be REPORTED.

UPDATE: this should not have been sent out in the first place but the...
Published 22 months ago by soffpro

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent!!, 20 Jun. 2012
This review is from: Samsung Spinpoint M8 1TB 2.5 inch SATA II 8MB 9.5mm Hard Drive For Apple Mac Book, Mac Book Pro, Apple Mini PS3
I have just installed this drive into my MacBook (the black version from about five years ago). Installation is very easy - a quick internet search found a detailed technical note which explained everything - but you do need a small crosspoint screwdriver, easy and cheap to obtain, to release a couple of very small screws. The new drive is very quiet - I can just hear it if I listen really closely - and it seems reasonably fast, at least as fast as the drive it replaced.
So my laptop now has a 1TB drive, and at a very resonable price. Delighted!

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for Macbook Pro 15" Mid 2009, 2 Feb. 2012
I was looking for a hard drive for my Mid 2009 Macbook Pro to replace the 250gb hard drive which was getting a bit low on space. Initially looking for a 500gb drive but came across this 1TB one and for the price you can't go wrong.

Look online and there are plenty of guides instructing how to clone and install the drive yourself. I used freeware 'carbon copy cloner'.

If you can follow basic instructions for both software and hardware it is very simple to do and not worth sending away for one of the 'specialist' companies to do it for you, although to make it simpler I would recommend purchasing a USB 2.0 SATA hard drive caddy and also a set of TORX screwdrivers

Once setup and installed there is no noticeable difference in battery life and my Macbook seems quicker in starting up and opening and running programs etc, SATA runs at 3gb, no compatibility issues and very quiet, Also have it dual booting with Windows 7 with no problems.

All in all a very good Hard drive, very pleased.

5.0 out of 5 stars Works Perfectly with my MacBook, 23 Nov. 2013
My 250GB drive had died a death in my 2010 MacBook. After doing a fair amount of research I opted for the Spinpoint M8 1TB.
It slotted in perfectly and on first power on all has worked perfectly. I have found that my Mac runs a lot cooler and is quieter with the new drive.

I can highly recommend it for its price and quality and to date I have not experienced any problems with it.

5.0 out of 5 stars HN-M101MBB SpinPoint HN-M101MBB 2.5" Internal Hard Drive - 1 TB Hard drive 2,5', 9 Mar. 2012
It was well packed, arrived very quickly and was easy to instal. It works perfectly. A great deal for the price, increasing my Hard Drive from 250GB to 1TB in one swift and easy installation.

5.0 out of 5 stars Early days but seems to work., 30 Dec. 2013
P. C. Devlin "SEVE" (Ireland) - See all my reviews
Had to get the older SATA drive due to the age of my Mac but it does give me a lot more space. Response time quicker than my older drive so it makes using the computer a lot more friendly. Cannot complain and as such have no negative comments. Would recommend. I will update this comment at a later date.

5.0 out of 5 stars Works with ps4!!, 18 Dec. 2013
I put this in my ps4 at midnight launch, a month later and still works like a dream!! Just find the correct update and install it, very easy!

4.0 out of 5 stars Working like a Hard Drive., 14 April 2014
Got this when the HDD in the MBP was dying.

Replaced the existing HDD with this in the MBP and its working as expected.

5.0 out of 5 stars Samsung Spinpoint M8 1TB, 11 Jan. 2013
For my 2007 Black Macbook great price runs quite cant find fault would highly recommend if your running out of hard drive space

4.0 out of 5 stars Samsung in a sony ps3?? Really.., 17 Dec. 2012
So far so good, i had a 120GB ps3, and due to films, tunes and game saves i needed to upgrade my harddrive. Was going with 750GB but for a few pence more you might aswell pay for 250GB extra!! After looking extensively (PS3 is my baby!!) i went for this. It was very easy to install, just pull the old one out and pop this in. I had to use a memory stick with the latest update once fitted and turned on. There are lots of 'how 2's' on forums, important like saving a SAVEDATA file which the ps3 automatically takes from memory stick and saves time to get online and gamimg. You do lose about 80GB to the system processor, but thats just a small chunk if you consider you have 1TB!!

The hard bit was saving all the data from old hard drive and being able to use it for movie files and a massive memory stick ect.. I got a DIGIFLEX sata 2.5 external harddrive case (best £3 ever spent) I had to reformat it and install a FAT32 programme so my laptop could read it and vice versa for PS3, otherwise its useless to transfer to all computer devices.

Now i dont need to purchise the new PS3, as this one does it all till PS4 comes out. Rerember to save game saves to memory stick before so long RPG hours on Fallout3 or Skyrim is not lost forever!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great product and delivered super quick!, 9 Nov. 2014
Decided to save myself £70 and install my new MacBook Pro HD myself. Suprisingly easy install and even with a better and larger HD too! Thanks to the 'genius' man in the Apple Store and his money saving advice.

Great product, great price and delivered next day - no beating that!

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›