5.0 out of 5 stars Very good explanations
I have never used or even considered a crate before for my previous dogs because I was one of these people that thought it was cruel and have now learnt how totally wrong I was.
As I am sitting here writing this review I can see my little 12 week old Springer Spaniel lying very comfortable and content asleep in his cage with the door open.
This book has helped...
Published on 6 Sep 2009 by P. J. Brennan

3.0 out of 5 stars put me off crate training
The book does give useful information on how to introduce dogs to crates and problems that can arise. If an owner wants to housebreak a puppy or have a safe den for their dog to go into at night or for a few hours during the day, then this is a useful, inexpensive book, which will give you lots of tips.

My concern however, is with the crate training schedules...
Published on 3 Sep 2011 by Amazon Customer

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good explanations, 6 Sep 2009
P. J. Brennan (Co Durham, England.) - See all my reviews
This book has helped me understand the misconceptions on the use of a cage and how essential it is to cage train any and all dogs.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Book - Everything you need to know, 17 Mar 2010
S. Parker (UK) - See all my reviews
This book is not long or difficult to get through. It gives realistic crating schedules for working people (without making you feel like a bad dog 'parent'!) really helpful. I've referred to it over and over

4.0 out of 5 stars A simple, straightforward and honest read, 21 July 2009
Dr. K. Tether (Essex) - See all my reviews
Great for those unsure or new to crate training - short and easy to read.

3.0 out of 5 stars put me off crate training, 3 Sep 2011

My concern however, is with the crate training schedules. The puppy's schedule involves waking up at 7.30, having breakfast and then going into the crate ten minutes later, until 5.30pm, with a fifteen minute break at 12.30pm, to go to the toilet and have dinner. The adult dog is put into the crate at 7.am and crated for nearly nine hours, until he's let out again when the owner comes home at 5.30.

I am not judging people who have to leave their dogs in crates for long periods of time, while they go out to work. Sometimes you have no choice and you do the best you can do in those circumstances. But I think that this book may make people think that it's okay and the norm for someone to get a puppy or dog and leave it crated throughout the day. In reality, that isn't an ideal situation and puppies need companionship and frequent interaction and playtime during the day.

Crates are very useful and often necessary but, if you are thinking of buying a puppy - please remember that it is a living creature with feelings and fears. If you work full-time and no-one is at home during the day - don't buy a puppy - a cat is better adapted to solitude. I wouldn't want a life where I had to spend 9 hours, alone, confined to a small box everyday - that cannot be a healthy existence for a dog either.

I do use a crate for my dog but if I was going out for longer than 3 hours, I would put the crate in a safe area like the kitchen, or bathroom, where she could play with a kong and stretch her legs. If I was out all day, everyday, then I'd arrange for a friend or dog walker to come and take her out (I know this costs money but if you make the committment to get a dog - you should be prepared to do what's best for it).

4.0 out of 5 stars Crate Training, 4 July 2010
Very good, new to the world of crates and having not had a dog for around 20 years, was looking for advice for my new puppy. Recommended.

4.0 out of 5 stars great quick read, 5 Jan 2011
Great , Quick read, gives you a fast in to crate training, Thin book.Worth a read! in prep for your pup.

1.0 out of 5 stars Appalling. Teoti Anderson should not be allowed near dogs., 6 Oct 2013
This review is from: Quick & Easy Crate Training (Quick & Easy (TFH Publications)) (Kindle Edition)
If you want something to stick in a crate for nine hour stretches, a stuffed toy should be the only thing you are allowed near. Teoti Anderson is a danger to every dog and every dog owner. DO NOT BUY THIS BOOK - to do so simply encourages the crass stupidity of the methods promoted and mindless ill treatment of dogs.

2.0 out of 5 stars Simplistic, 10 Nov 2012
You could read this in under an hour, out loud. You'd get the same and better by googling "crate training".
On a Kindle the photo's are fuzzy. Save your money is my advice.

4.0 out of 5 stars Easy to understand., 27 Aug 2009
This book is very easy to understand and should make crate training your dog stress free for both you and more importantly your dog.

4.0 out of 5 stars Dont be fooled by the title., 9 Jan 2011
People may be put off by the title thinking this is some cruel way to treat a poor puppy. With regards to my personal experience with my puppy i can only say this is not the case. I went to see my pup at a reputable breeder to find my pup and his brother in a crate with heat lamps and all the relevent items available. Having been a dog man all his life which included training racing grayhounds i soon realised he knew what he was talking about. My pup (William) is very happy in his little home from which we have no crying or barking. Being a terrier with teeth like Jaws he could so reduce your home to matchwood so if you need to do the shopping and have a pup not yet clear for his injections, you can leave him safe, a pup can soon chew through an electric cable that is live. This book will clarify any concerns you may have.