5.0 out of 5 stars Altura NV Long Sleeve Jersey
I got this item in small size, red colour.

Published 14 months ago by D. Outar

+ light
Published 21 months ago by Paul Holmes

5.0 out of 5 stars Altura NV Long Sleeve Jersey, 22 Aug 2013
D. Outar (Essex, England) - See all my reviews
I got this item in small size, red colour.

Sizing: I thought the sizing was a little large for a small; however this is so a base layer can be worn underneath. Without a base layer, the top fits snugly around my shoulders, chest and back but is little flappy around the forearms and abdominal areas. The arms are a bit long but these can be tucked into gloves.
Cut: Looser than a standard club cut without a base-layer. With a base layer, this is a club-cut. If you would like a tighter fit then maybe go for the Altura etape or Altura team long sleeve jersey (but these do not have the night vision reflectives).

Comfort: 100% polyester and very comfortable because it is well stitched with no itchy bits. Temperature wise, this is thicker than a normal jersey but not quite winter-weight. Too hot for training in summer temperatures for me because I like to feel ‘cool’ when riding. I find this suited to dawn and dusk riding in all temperatures and a base layer can be worn to keep you warmer.
This jersey is not (and does not claim to be) wind-resistant. Again, a base layer will work fine and eradicates the need for a gilet and this ensures the night vision gets you seen.

Quality: Fantastic quality. Durable with well placed stitching. The reflective detail does not rub off and the rubber seams are tacky enough to hold firmly in place. The zip is sturdy. Pockets are well stitched to main jersey.

Practicality: Reflective detail is great for added ‘profile’ visibility. Colour is designed to be eye-catching. Pockets could be deeper, however most commuters use panniers, backpacks or saddle bags so deep pockets are not essential in this case. Pockets can easily hold winter gloves, sunglasses case and a roadie hat (or the usual jelly sweets and repair kit). Full zip means the jersey is easy to put on and remove. There is a velcro attachment on Altura lightstick – which is adequate when cycling out of dawn or into dusk (although an actual light at dusk is advisable).
Colour: I got the red colour. Bright red and visible during daytime, with reflective chevrons on shoulders, upper back and lower back, visible on murky morning and evening rides. The arms feature 'altura' reflective which are seen from the rear when signalling, and show up really good against the red at night (possibly because the red provides an almost black background at night).

Overall: Looser than club cut, designed to be worn with base layer underneath to cut out wind and the reflective decals can still be seen. Comfortable, good quality and highly-visible. Suitable for the fast safety conscious commuter.

5.0 out of 5 stars Stand Out Bit of Kit, 29 Jun 2012
i bought this in the medium size and it fits me well, I am 5"11". I use this top when it is a little bit too cold for a short sleeved jersey. My main concern initially was that I would get too hot after a few miles. This has not happened. The material is brilliant at wicking away sweat. The pockets are of a good size and one of them has a good zip for holding mobile phones etc. The full length zip if extremely useful and I would highly recommend this product to anyone. in terms of visibility this simply cannot be beaten.

5.0 out of 5 stars Water and wind proof with hi viz, 17 Dec 2013
Alison "runninggirlcycling" (Derbyshire, UK) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
I've had one of the these jackets for a while, I recently sold my old size 18 jacket so I could buy a new size 12, cycling helped me lose weight! I looked at other jackets but came back to this one, it's not the cheapest but it works very well.

I chose it for the following features:
Lots of hi viz reflective details
Hi viz pink rather than yellow
Wind proof
Waterproof without condensation on the inside
Zip pockets (chest pocket, hand pockets, back pocket)
LED light strip that is attached by Velcro onto the back
Cuffs that are adjustable, great to keep out the cold

It's a comfortable and generously sized jacket (plenty of room for multiple layers underneath, even a sweatshirt). It doesn't get wet inside when you are sweating. I know when I wear it, I won't get cold and wet, so I even look forward to cycling in nasty weather!

3.0 out of 5 stars Not as warm as I expected, 4 Feb 2013
+ breathable
+ light

5.0 out of 5 stars Well made cycling jersey and very visible, 6 Dec 2012
Mr. E. Nzegwu "enwezor" (Portsmouth, UK) - See all my reviews
V.happy with it. Thicker than I thought which is great for those cold rides. Need a windbreaker on top though as this is not designed to stop wind.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect, 6 April 2014
The best of four cycling jackets I've owned. The fabric is warm, comfortable to wear and breathes well. The high-viz markings are perfectly placed. Fit is great, and the colour really cheery. The hood, available separately, makes it the only jacket I need for all my outdoor activities. Ample pockets too, unlike cheaper products. Zips are efficient, waterproof and strong, and the zip cover by the neck is an excellent touch for further comfort. Don't hesitate. I'll certainly never buy a lesser jacket again.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic., 11 Jun 2014
I bought this jacket not expecting it to fit as most cycling gear for women are made too small by lots of cycling gear manufacturers but what a lovely surprise.
Altura make jackets to fit real women like me!
I love the colour and the fit.
Thanks Altura.

4.0 out of 5 stars great jacket, 2 Feb 2014
Good fit.
Waterproof in jormal rain, though did not manage to keep out all the rain from very heavy downpoor.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Jacket, 30 Jan 2014
My wife rides in this jacket. She finds it not too heavy and very comfortable to wear. She is also impressed with how well it keeps water out. It is very bright and has reflective strips. We live on very dark roads on the moors where there are no street lights at all - with this jacket (and obviously some good lights) I am confident that my wife will be seen by any traffic. In the day time it has been great to make her visible on overcast / misty days.

5.0 out of 5 stars Really great jacket, 17 Jan 2014
This review is from: ALTURA Men's Night Vision Long Sleeve Jersey (Apparel)
The colour is not a pink as I was expecting, but a great jacket for cycling. Love the light on the back. Great for being seen at night.