on 13 April 2013
As Secretary of a charity I tried a Samsung laser printer but when it packed up after a very expensive 18 months I thought I'd go back to inkjet if I could find one that wouldn't cost a fortune to run. This one promises to be reasonable if you use the high capacity refills which have the Pyramid picture not the Eiffel Tower or Big Ben. This printer looks very good but is very big so allow plenty of space, or if in doubt check the measurements. It needs overhead room too for loading envelopes and photographic paper etc. in the top tray. So far I'm using the inks provided, and haven't opened my Pyramid boxes, but the colours are rather disappointing. Most of them lack vibrancy but it cannot make RED at all, it looks brown. I am comparing a colour chart also printed on another printer so no doubt about it. Obviously this will affect anything in colour but especially where red is required as a primary colour. After complaining I was offered a reconditioned printer in exchange, they wouldn't give me another new replacement. I'm not having a printer that isn't new as I don't know its history, so I'm stuck with the brown-red colour. May 2014: Now I've been using it for a year and just running out of ink, so very good value. I've been counting the pages and I've printed 2,220 pages on the Pyramid refills. That should give you a good idea of what to expect, good value, works very well, but colour poor.
on 18 March 2012
My old printer starting to pack up,so I looked around for one that used Dura brite inks like the old one.After much looking at reviews and tests I went for the workforce pro because it used high capacity inks which is supposed to be more economical and easy to use.Epson have aimed this model for the business market and have I think done a good job.Easy to use, very fast printing,bulk ink works out cheaper.Takes heavyweight paper and you can set out new sizes of paper to use.If you change a ink cartridge it takes only a minute and does not go through an ink charging process that uses up ink.My other photo printer also packed in and I found that this printer was up to the job of a dedicated printer costing twice as much,the print quality was nearly as good.You would not notice it unless you looked hard from close up and used a magnifying glass.So far very pleased with it,but as I have only had it a month time will tell.

PS. Be prepared to by refills of ink as the ones that come with the printer are nearly empty when initial setup is finished.
on 19 September 2013
This was bought as a replacement for a HP2600N laser which had developed suspect habits and even more suspect running costs.

Anyway, the need was for a networked - but not wireless - printer, and the Epson fitted the bill nicely. The drivers installed without problems on Windows XP and found the printer on the network without difficulty. They haven't been too intrusive so far, which is to say that they haven't filled the screen with dancing violins, modified Windows Explorer, or randomly renamed folders. I haven't tried the USB interface. The printing is clear and fast and I am optimistic about the running costs.

There are also very workable Linux drivers available for the printer.

So far, very satisfactory.
on 8 January 2014
I've had 4 Epson printers now and I've come to the conclusion that they're designed to work well for a certain amount of time and then simply stop. With this model the inevitable fatal fault is a "cartridge not recognized" error. Of course, having googled this, I now discover that this is a common error, for which there is no reliable fix. There are some half hearted suggestions on the Epson site, but basically you're on your own. So, after 10 months during which I would have happily told anybody that this was an amazing printer, the rug has been pulled. Maybe the low price offers a clue as to this machine's disappointing performance.
on 11 February 2015
Reliable and economical.
I bought this printer 11 months ago and still love it.

I wanted an economical colour printer suitable for a small office printing a few invoices, receipts and waterproof postage labels a day and occasionally photographs.

All my previous printers were extremely ink thirsty and cost a fortune in inks. Not this printer!!!
The supplied cartridges had plenty of of ink in them for my consumption. In fact I am still using the original Cyan Cartridge almost a year later.

Replacement cartridges from Epson appear expensive, but promise to print many thousands of sheets.

The address labels printed are indeed waterproof!
In fact in my kitchen sink experiments showed that the paper will turn to mush, but the ink will not shift!
Photographic quality is also superb.

Having the main tray for paper and using the rear feed for various sized labels and photo paper is absolutely ideal for my purposes!

One annoyance is that the low ink warning lights start flashing when you still have ink remaining for hundreds more sheets.
I advise waiting for them to run out completely before changing cartridges.

Another issue is that yellow ink sometimes deposits itself on the edge of the paper and I can't run the cleaning/maintenance mode from my iMac or Macbook despite the instructions promising I can do this.
on 6 March 2014
I use this for dye sublimation printing along with third party cartridges and dye sub ink, so I needed a printer which wasn't going to clog and waste very expensive ink. Normally if you leave an inkjet printer lying about unused for a year you are going to have problems...not this one. One tiny blip in the nozzle check and a simple head clean brought it back to normal, however your choice of ink will have an impact on this. Sometimes you have to bend the rules to get good quality ink.

This is one big machine! I wasn't expecting it to be so big and heavy compared to the normal budget dye sub friendly printers, but this is designed as an office printer after-all. Overall I'm very pleased.
on 25 March 2014
Needed a colour printer only. No photo/scanner/fax/card reader. Perfect solution + faster than my last all in one Epson CX6600
on 9 July 2014
great printer - a good upgrade from the average home printer. looses one star because I've got a constant low-ink warning on black, and probably taken 300 black-text based A4 pages since getting the warning.

I bought the printer thinking that the catiridges that come with it would only last a month, but it's been well over a year, and over 1000 sheets later, and the original cartridges are still going.
on 13 December 2012
Seems to work well and economy printing is adequate for most things, quiet, and seems to be efficient, working well - nlo paper jams yet