4.0 out of 5 stars Good Product
Published on 19 Aug. 2012 by Robert

3.0 out of 5 stars Reasonable, but more style than quality.
These trousers are to partner the EVO Jacket and they are comfortable.

I wanted them to wear over trousers and as such I like the loose fit.

Published on 20 Mar. 2013 by A.Sud

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars Good Product, 19 Aug. 2012
I bought these to use when riding to work and back in the rain, I have use them a few times and I'm very happy with the results. I don't get my under trousers or shoes wet the water just falls off, They are very easy to clean and dry within about 30 mins, the reflective patches work really well. I haven't needed to use the leg adjustments at the bottom of the trousers. The only thing I would say is that they are a bit baggy around the thigh area and you do get quite warm between the under trousers and the waterproof ones. But I would buy them again.

3.0 out of 5 stars Reasonable, but more style than quality., 20 Mar. 2013
These trousers are to partner the EVO Jacket and they are comfortable.

I wanted them to wear over trousers and as such I like the loose fit.

I can imagine that many "serious" bikers may find them a little baggy around the thighs, however I am sure most commuters will be very happy with them, as they are reasonable value for money but not made to the same standard as Gore-Tex Bikewear. You can buy cheaper still, but I wouldn't as these are sufficient but would not want to go much cheaper in build quality as these are not built to last.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent pants for cycling in., 17 May 2014
Purchased these to replace some old Raleigh ones that decided to give up their abilites right in the crotch region during a major downpour and I had to ride through every puddle with glee thinking it's just the waterproofs feeling cold from the cold water...well not really. Then again they were fourteen years old so maybe I shouldn't be too harsh and I don't think the shop I bought them from would take me seriously for a refund, especially since it's now a baby things and prams and things shop. Urgently needing an alternative I began looking at those 'conventional for working in the rain ones' I have at work and remembering using them in the past. It brought back some unpleasant memories such as the boil in the bag experience even in the coldest winter rains and improved if unwanted speed in high winds or worse, being brought to a crawl on a descent because of a headwind, so I repaired the crotchless ones with duct tape for a quick fix (not recommended despite the cheapness) and it soon made me realise I really, really needed some new ones quickly; it was like riding with Izal winnets.
I hunted about and checked reviews and saw these after remembering I had some Amazon vouchers. I bought them from Millets who were dead fast and with the interchangeable weather of late they soon got tested; in a nutshell, they're brill.
They're comfortable, warm but just right, especially when it's cold (get sore knees in cold damp weather, these pants stop that happening), when it's warmer they're still quite comfortable but there is a trade off and you will notice the heat more, as for humid rainy days I think I'd rather get wet. The warmth is a plus though at times, especially in colder early morning commutes to work when I'd rather not be leaving my warm bed and the weather gods have noticed me pulling my bike out from the shed that bit earlier to avoid the ominous steel grey clouds in the distance. They're well made, seem tough and the reflective striping and logo are a major plus point, rolled up on my rucksack when not in use I make sure the reflective bit is to the back so that even when not in actual wearing use they're still being useful.
They do everything they say do, wind proof, waterproof (obviously) and they strap up with velcro for a tight fit around the ankle (no need for a bicycle clip) and can also be extended but there is one thing I sometimes have trouble with. It sometimes feels as if there's not enough velcro to strap too but then again that might be me as they are also intended for walking and so in that respect they make sense when strapping around boots or wellies. I ride in Vans type shoes for my commute so I have to tuck it at an angle to get velcro on velcro and sometimes it causes the bottom end to lift when you crank down, only slightly mind and as such you sometimes get a tiny gap and draughty ankles. On a few occiasions I've got it just right and there's no gap but it seems a bit hit and more miss, in any case the slight overhang at the bottom of the pants generally prevents the rain getting to me ankles though and you could always extend them but spds and even toe clips might be compromised if you did do this. They also dry quickly, roll up very tightly and they cope with severe mud plugging as well when I take the more scenic routes to work, they also have a pocket too although I can't think of anything to shove in it. All in all an excellent set of pants and I hope the render as much service life as my old ones.

5.0 out of 5 stars dry, adjustable, looks great, 6 May 2013
C. L. Vidler (Scotland) - See all my reviews
These overtrousers were bought for a Maggies monster bike and hike, they kept me dry in what can only be described as shocking rain conditions. They are adjustable at the leg hem to reduce the water ingress when the trouser lifts during cycling. Works a treat and they look like a way more expensive bit of kit, im well impressed.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good cycling over trousers, 21 Nov. 2012
I highly recommend these over trousers. The reflective sections work well.
They have a lot of adjustment for tacking up slack, so no issues with getting caught in the chain or pedals.
Very water proof

5.0 out of 5 stars XXL the size actually is XXL, 24 Nov. 2013
This review is from: ALTURA Men's Night Vision Overtrousers 2014 (Misc.)
Comfortable, I particularly like the ankle / bottom of the leg adjustment pulls in tight, I am only a 29" inside leg fits just right but there is another couple of inches available in a very clever leg extension tucked inside. When |I have ordered other cycling clothing I always order at least one size up but these are just right I am a std XXl in everyday clothing and this is a good fit., worth the money.

4.0 out of 5 stars keeping dry in the lake district, 30 Aug. 2014
Bought these for MTB , slightly baggey but great for keeping the rain off. Lots of great adjustment to the lower leg & a good strong leg zips.
The large fits me 33' waist .Only used them once but not very breathable .

5.0 out of 5 stars Replacement waterproof cycling trousers, 10 Mar. 2013
Brought these to replace my Alturas which have given really good service over the last 6 years. I do like the extra high viz which is really excellent especially when riding in both rural lanes and the town centre.

4.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for cycle commuting, 27 Dec. 2014
Whilst not the most stylist bit of cycling kit you could buy, these waterproof overtrousers do exactly as they say on the tin; they keep you completely dry downstairs and even reduce dampness on your shoes and socks. Wore them for the first time on an appallingly wet commute and my cycle shorts were not wet at all. I have also have an Endura jacket, and these two items make cycle commuting in the winter very straightforward.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best cycle waterproofs I've tried., 3 Mar. 2015
Waterproof, reflective when they need to be, particularly from the back. Seem hard wearing - I use daily for my 10 mile commute and not had any issues for the last 6 months. Love the ability to easily pull in the flappiness around the calfs with the two velcro fastenings to prevent contact with chain etc. highly recommend.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›