5.0 out of 5 stars Easy to use even for a non-bike-geek
Published on 19 Oct. 2011 by Charlotte

2.0 out of 5 stars It fits but...
It fits well and goes on nicely. However, the internal thread that screws onto the presta valve isn't threaded far enough in to allow the pip in the schrader pump to depress the presta valve, rendering it useless.
Published 22 months ago by A. Dewsbury

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Easy to use even for a non-bike-geek, 19 Oct. 2011
This review is from: Weldtite MK2 Brass Presta to Schrader Adaptor with O Ring (Misc.)
After having managed to COMPLETELY flatten my tire by using the wrong shaped pump valve, this is the adaptor which came to save. My bike has a Presta nozzle-thing (can you tell I'm not a bike geek?) but our pump is a Schrader pump. I popped this onto my tire's nozzle-thing, stuck our Schrader pump on the other end of the adaptor, and within a few pumps, I was up and running again, and no longer late for work.

Easy to use, cheap as chips, and delivery was speedy. Highly recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very handy, 15 Feb. 2012
G. H. Traynor (Ashore!!) - See all my reviews
If like our family you have different bicycles with both kinds of valves, this is a very handy and useful adaptor. It allows you to use a car type pump to do all your cycles, even use the forecourt car compressor type air station whilst still retaining the original valves on the tyres.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect and great price, 26 Aug. 2011
I was a bit sceptical of this valve converter, but gave it a punt. At less than 3 quid with postage I thought I'd give it a try. It's well made with a good O-ring seal. It fits my 12V Ring compressor perfectly and seals beautifully on the Presta valve on my bike. No more huffing and puffing getting the tyres inflated. Perfect!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Cheap & works, 10 Nov. 2011
M. Jones "MGJ" (London, UK) - See all my reviews
Saved me buying another pump. Brass adaptor from 'car' type valve to 'racer' type valve...and it arrived promptly. Nothing else to say.

5.0 out of 5 stars Does the job !, 25 Jan. 2014
Lee Bromley (West Midlands, UK) - See all my reviews
Fits well on both valves

allows me to blow up presta bike tyres using my car schrader cigarette lighter powered tyre inflator

good quality

well worth the money

1.0 out of 5 stars Utterly worthless, 28 July 2013
This simply isn't the right size - despite screwing it as far as possible onto the Presta valve having opened the valve itself, this is too long so the Schrader pump's central plunger cannot reach the Presta valve and therefore it remains shut, preventing air from entering the tyre.

Utterly worthless - avoid.

2.0 out of 5 stars It fits but..., 6 Jun. 2013
A. Dewsbury (UK) - See all my reviews

4.0 out of 5 stars ideal!, 6 Aug. 2012
Much better than the stupid plastic adaptor that came with my standpump. Well engineered, knurled grip and fine thread. And robust. Recommended part!

2.0 out of 5 stars Can;t use a pressure gauge, 23 Jan. 2012
Unlike the adaptor my bike shop gave me for free, this seals well and allows me to pump up the Presta valved tyres using a Schrader pump. However, It won't screw down far enough to enable my Schrader pressure gauge to work..

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant., 3 July 2014
Yep works as it's suppose to.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›