5.0 out of 5 stars Compact and efficient
Published on 30 May 2012 by Michael

2.0 out of 5 stars Beware on Windows 8
I tried out this Product on a Windows 8 Laptop, and had nothing but trouble.

Published 24 months ago by Wilts Golfer

5.0 out of 5 stars Compact and efficient, 30 May 2012
My previous Belkin home hub adaptor had lost the plot somehow, so I was looking for a reasonably priced replacement. From the many listed, there were not many that specified compatibility with Windows 7, which is crucial. It wasn't too difficult to set up, considering I am not especially computer-literate, but you had to locate your card with the Home hub key and password etc on in order to reset it. Since then I have had no problems keeping in contact with the home hub, which is situated about 10 yards away, separated by two brick walls. The item itself is extremely compact, hardly more than a thumbnail in size, so doesn't protrude far from the computer.

2.0 out of 5 stars Beware on Windows 8, 1 Jan 2013
I tried out this Product on a Windows 8 Laptop, and had nothing but trouble.

I work in IT, and so have a fair amount of experience with Drivers etc, but I never managed to get the product working on all USB ports. When it worked, it worked well, but it consistently failed after re-boot on the USB ports I wanted to use. A similar TP-Link product had no such problems. 6 Hours of wasted effort later, I've given up and shall be returning the Product for refund.

5.0 out of 5 stars Problem Solved!, 10 April 2013
For quite a while I had been experiencing problems with the range of the wireless connection in my house. Problem started when I moved home. I moved to a larger house that is old and has very thick walls. Despite using a wireless N router, the signal was poor and sometimes non-existant in certain parts of the house which was pretty irritating. Phoned up the broadband provider a few times to discuss the problem and was told that it was likely due to the house having thick walls. After about the third time of calling I was told to try changing the network channel to one that was less busy. Did this and it improved the situation slightly. I was then told to check the laptop to see what network the computer was set up to run with and found that it was set up for wireless G and not N.

Did a bit of browsing for various wireless network adapters and found this one which obviously is compatible with N. It came with a CD for set up. Fired the CD into the computer and from there on it was very easy to install. Instructions were very simple to follow and were available for Windows 7, Vista and XP.

I found instantly that the wireless was working much faster, and more importantly was working well in all of the "black spots" where previously it had failed to connect. In other words, money well spent on an effective and hassle free product.

5.0 out of 5 stars A Great Buy for something so small, 18 Sep 2012
Adrian Roper "adrian roper" (England) - See all my reviews
When I update my BT hub to the new fibre broadband I needed a new wireless adapter for my laptop and as I was already using a Belkin Wireless G+, I check out on Amazon to see if I could get a new Belkin adapter. And I found a large range of Belkin adapters and the one I saw and purchase was the Belkin Wireless N300 USB Adaper I did have one problem getting the software install but this was only because another program was stopping me install the Belkin software, but in the end I have got the software for the adapter install, and I am getting on line within about 10 minutes. And the best thing about this adapter is the size of it, as it only stick out of the side of my laptop by about 3cmms, and I am getting good speeds as well so yes I am happy with this purchase.

5.0 out of 5 stars Well Pleased, 11 Aug 2013
I'm so pleased I bought this, saves me a lot of leads going up the stairs like I had before and to be honest the computer is just as fast. I did have my doubts but I'm pleased to say that they were in vain, personally I'm completely satisfied. If your looking for a good adaptor at a good price you won't find much better than this one. Service and delivery up to the usual amazon high standards too.

5.0 out of 5 stars "Does exactly what it says on the tin", 12 May 2014
Simple installation, works like a charm and the availability of a 5GHx band certainle speeds up internet comms and response.

3.0 out of 5 stars works on windows had problems on ubuntu, 17 April 2014
Stooboy (Scotland UK) - See all my reviews
i found this to be very intermittent, albeit on my ubuntu media centre, i ended up running cat5 in the end, had to recompile kernel to get it to work and some firmware issues ,

5.0 out of 5 stars Bekin Wireless USB adapter N600, 29 Jun 2013
Setup is a piece of cake, it just takes few minutes. Works perfectly with my Netgear router. The card is fast & reliable, with excellent signal, just perfect!

4.0 out of 5 stars N-class adapter, 10 Mar 2013
A. Sturley "Tony Sturley" (Telscombe Cliffs, Sussex, England) - See all my reviews
Another reason for disliking Windows8. I got this only because my previous G-class Belkin adapter (that was in perfect working order) was not compatible with W8. Needless to say, this is a Belkin product - well-made and does the job perfectly. Only slight let-down is that it is a straight plug-in, whereas my former adapter had a wire lead, so was easier to site for best signal.

5.0 out of 5 stars Belkin Wireless N150 USB Adapter, 17 Jan 2013
This review is from: Belkin Wireless N150 USB Adapter (Accessory)
I wanted a smaller adapter and this product did just that. It works perfectly and was very easy to assemble

Belkin Wireless N150 USB Adapter