on 2 January 2012
This headset is very decent in my opinion. It has a very good price for the amount of features that you can have, and the battery claims to last a very long time (11 hours but in reality around 10 hours). In the box you get the headset, USB mains charger (with Europe (2-pin) and UK (3-pin) plugs), USB cable (the same connector pins found on blackberry and HTC chargers), USB car charger and instructions. Now onto the headset itself, it allows you to connect two phones, power on/off slider, reads out the headsets power status when turned on, reads out power when connected to an iphone, uses bluetooth 3.0 but works with bluetooth 2.0, can play music and podcasts, has noise cancellation, volume rockers and a call accept, call reject, bluetooth reconnect, call redial, voice search and phone pairing button located at the end of the headset ( at the small print that reads out Plantronics). I find that the headset is comfortable to wear (a little tricky to get the hoop over you ear though) and will stay in your ear. It was smaller than expected but is very portable, the only niggle being that the plastic hoop sticks out slightly. The build quality feels good, and the headset looks secure, the plastic hoop does not feel flimsy and dosnt bend with some light pressure.

Pros:
Good Price
Lots of features
Easy to use
Good call quality, voice and hearing.
Compatible with two phones that has bluetooth and headset capabilities
Good build quality and 'retro' design aesthetics
Long battery life
Charging accessories included

Cons:
The earpiece does not sound amazing (but not amazingly bad) whilst playing music, so if your an audiophile this headset is not for you, but for someone who wouldn't take much notice or thought to sound quality (my Dad), they would appreciate that this headset can do this.
Designed more for a smartphone with battery readouts and better volume controls (older phones are not as sophisticated to know that the headset can control the volume, therefore the old phone will change its volume back automatically whereas a smartphone wont)

Overall, i would say this a very decent headset for its price and you get alot for your buck! It makes a great gift too, despite its few niggles, the major being the music playback sound quality, so this gift wouldn't be the ideal headset for someone who has a strong need for clear deep music.. If you do not want the facility of music playback, Platronics offer a very similar headset called the M20.
on 27 November 2011
This product works well, reception is clear, etc.. If I go out of range of the phone, it re-connects as soon as I'm in range again. One minor thing is that the volume control has pre-set stages from min. - max. and back to min. rather than be infinitely variable up or down.
on 7 June 2012
Needed a new bluetooth headset to replace an ageing Nokia one which had done sterling service but was falling apart. My wish list was micro USB charger connection (same as my current phone and most new ones so one less charger in the glovebox) and having done some research realised that "multipoint" meant I could connect 2 phones at once (personal and work at same time - no call forwarding one to the other....result!)
Arrived within 2 days with supersaver free delivery - much quicker than estimated and considering we have just had Jubilee w/end with 2 BHs even more impressive! Felt very sorry for the very soggy postie who delivered it...Royal Mail is another institution we should celebrate compared to many "other" delivery companies that constantly let me down or somehow can't find my house or say they tried to deliver when my "very vocal" dog and I were at home and I know no-one came to the door all day.
Back to the kit. Comes very well packaged and with both mains and in car charger included (although welcome seemed to defeat the object of everyone going down the micro usb route and perhaps just a micro usb cable would have sufficed?)
It connected to my phone instantly with voice prompts advising battery level and connection status. As a bonus I was surprised that the h/s was smaller than I thought it would be from the photos. Very comfy to wear and easy to change to wear on either ear. Easy to use, voice dialling works perfectly. The noise cancelling seems to work very well - made a call in the car at around 50mph with driving rain, windscreen wipers and traffic noise yet the person at the other end could hear no background noise. In addition the headset features A2DP which allows you to play HQ audio (all your MP3s, podcasts and stuff) from your phone to the headset. If you are an iPhone user there is a handy battery level icon which appears by default next to the normal battery level meter on your phone (no app required).
Overall I would rate this as a quality piece of kit which appears well made and robust enough to stand the test of time. It works out of the pack with no fuss or need to look at instructions and the sound quality is decent.
If you are torn between a "cheapo" headset or spending a bit more I would suggest going for quality every time.
I recommend this headset without hesitation
on 15 June 2012
Read all the rave reviews about this , how comfortable and light it is etc so chose it over the Jabra 2080. Big mistake!

I've had three previous Bluetooth devices and this is the first one I simply cannot wear!

My old Jabra, like the Nokia I had before, had a bendable ear clip - not too floppy, but you could adjust it to fit comfortably and slip on easily, & it stayed in shape.
This one, at twice the price has a hard plastic piece that can't be opened out to slip on smoothly and after a few minutes it HURTS where it digs in.

Not tried call quality etc - irrelevant if I can't wear it. Great features let down by a cheap and very nasty fitting.

You might be lucky, or you might want to go straight for a decent quality clip.
on 14 July 2012
I love this little item, mine arrived today and was put straight to use. I love the size and weight. It's ability to connect to two phones is an advantage for those who need it, not for me! I've read other reviews and heard that the music playback isn't great, I thought for its size it packs a punch, the in ear chat for volume ect is a good idea.
The iPhone will show the battery level remaining without downloading any app, it comes with a car charger and a mains charger making this item great value for money.
I've used other hands free devices before and found them very uncomfortable on the ear, but his little gem is so discreet and comfortable I forgot it was there, and that's with wearing glasses too, I usually don't get on with things going into the ear but this one is very good, the buttons are discreet but easy to use, and the ability to use voice commands is also another good idea. The power on/off switch is a slider so shouldn't come on when not needed.

Pros: comfortable, lightweight, easy to use, car and mains chargers included, good sound, music playback, voice commands with smart phone.

Cons: would be easy to lose, no other cons found!! (but working on it)
on 17 April 2012
I bought this as a present for a friend who had broken her wrist and found using her iphone painful. She is very pleased with it's performance and her wrist is almost better now so.... happy days. Very good value for the price. Recommended.
TOP 100 REVIEWERon 14 February 2014
Super little headset, robustly made with a curved earhook that can be easily switched from right to left ear to suit your preference.
The shaped earpiece sits nice and comfortably over your ear without being rammed into it, and I find sound quality is very good in the car. Perhaps smaller that I expected from the ad on Amazon, but that's no bad thing, and as long as you have the unit pointed towards the corner of your mouth the microphone picks up even quiet speech.
Simplicity itself to set up - turning the unit on for the first time puts it straight into pairing mode, and you have the option of pairing with a second phone too.
In use, there is a voice (American) update to give you reassurance; "Power on, Battery level high/low, Connected", then; "Power off" when you turn it off. Pressing the headset around the 'Plantronics' logo accepts or ends calls, and there is a little indicator light on the body of the headset to show charging / pairing / connection status. Volume is controlled in stepped increments by tapping the button on the top of the unit.
Very pleased with this as a good general purpose headset - thoroughly recommended
on 26 June 2012
I am a motorist and cyclist (as well as a pedestrian and public transport user). One of the big problems today is getting from A to B efficiently by any transport method. I now use my cycle more that the car and, having a satnav on my phone (which I normally use in the car) wanted to be able to use this on my cycle.

The two main issues with cycle use are (1) weather, and (2) hearing the sound system of the mobile in a weather proof case with the wind whistling in my ears. It is, of course, illegal to wear stereo headphones whilst driving or cycling on the road as this prevents you hearing other road users.

Weather turned out to be no great problem - a IPX3 waterproof case that mounts on my cycle handlebars.

I then looked around for a single ear bluetooth headset that would handle the stereo A2DP audio output by the satnav. There are surprisingly few available.

I did not want any wires as they would have been a hazard to cycling. The Plantronics M50 looked the business and, having used it for a couple of weeks I can report that it does its job beautifully.

Stereo signal mixed into a single earpiece, 8 volume levels, voice information - battery state, connection status. Works as a standard telephone headset and also handles A2DP streaming audio.

A couple of points here - the unit seems very well made and has a solid feel. It is presented in a solid case with clear instructions and supplied with a mains to micro USB charger with a 3-pin UK and 2-pin interchangeable plugs. A Car charger is also supplied. The earpiece itself is a shaped (slicone?) funnel that is quite flush with the body of the headset designed to sit slightly into the eat canal. This requires the edge of the main unit to be very close to your ear-shell for good audio transmission causing a bit of tenderness on a longer cycle ride. A reversable ear hook allows you to change between left and right ears and the unit feels secure once you are wearing it.

Battery life is amazing and, with the inbuilt sliding power switch, can be extended further. Music/talk time is stated at about 11 hours from a single charge and standby time some 16 days. Sound quality is not hifi but for phone conversations and satnav instructions is perfectly clear. The microphone quality back to the phone is also very clear with background noise elimination built in. Pairing with all the bluetooth devices I have was simple and auto connection is impressive.

If you want a bluetooth headset that you only need to charge once a fortnight and will also handle A2DP streaming audio, you could do a lot worse than the Plantronics M50. I rate this at 4.5 stars but only because of the comfort factor, it is otherwise a 5 star piece of kit.
on 23 March 2012
Had a Jabba earpiece, worked fine but never got a good fit despite all the combinations offered. Net result, spent more time in a pocket that in my ear and so was lost. Plantronics M50 is neater, it fits very well and, as it fits, sound is much better. The body swivels about the earpeice section which is very helpful in getting fit; Jabba you need to physically adjust the rubber fittings which is impossible to do easilly in small increments. Good treble, bass OK (it is tiny), sound very clear. As improvement, also has a battery meter on the iPhone next to the iPhone battery display. Comes with a robust car charger as well as an AC adapter. Does not come with a USB cable but connector is standard small fitting so just used a spare. Jabba scored by having a volume lowering button. Plantronic has single button that raises volume to max then starts again from low. Means more fiddly to get comfortable volume but not a big issue. Also has voice information, to tell you max volume and battery low. Jabba just beeped at you. So far, very happy. Have to see how it handles calls in noisy environments.
on 1 June 2013
I bought this headset for myself to replace one which was twice the price of this unit (which had broken).

It was so easy to setup. It has a really good Quick Start Guide, so I was up and running in minutes. The hardest part was getting it out the box, really!

I love the fact that it talks to you when you power it up. Saying... "Power on, battery high, phone connected". You even get an audio message when you go in/out of range of the Bluetooth. Very useful!

The headset is by far the most comfortable I've even used. I've literally forgotten I've been wearing it.

I was so pleased with this headset I’ve bought my wife and daughter one each. And they too are over the moon with them.

The only negative I have is that the volume is a bit fiddly.

But I still gave it 5 stars because it really is that that good. Highly recommended.