4.0 out of 5 stars Great product, shame they aren't packaged better.
I can't fault this fan, it quiet, very effective and perfect for the office. The price is brilliant too. My only issue is that after ordering 3 of them, not a single one arrived undamaged. Due to the price and hassle of returning then, I fixed them myself. It looks like they had quite a rough journey from China. A sturdier package would resolve this.
Published 8 months ago by Mia Pinion

3.0 out of 5 stars Just the job for my purposes, but not suitable as a desk fan
I already have a USB fan for use at my desk - an Argos USB Fan which was very cheap, is brilliant especially given the fact it's a USB fan and is of course no longer available.

I wanted one for my bedside cabinet with the summer months coming; I find it very hard to sleep. That will not be an issue now - this fan moves just the right amount of air for a...
Published 10 months ago by SteveSlayer

4.0 out of 5 stars Great product, shame they aren't packaged better., 29 July 2013
This review is from: USB Mini Desktop Power PC Laptop Fan Desk Table MAC by BuyinCoins

4.0 out of 5 stars Well Worth The Price, 10 Jun 2013
Most sellers of this fan are based in China (like BuyInCoins), and as such, you'll need to allow for this when it comes to delivery times. If you don't want to wait, then there are some sellers based in the UK... but you'll be paying double the price.

I ordered from BuyInCoins, due to their excellent customer service. The fan arrived with the left supporting leg broken at the point where it attaches to the base (which if you read other reviews, seems to be a common problem), but can be fixed a number of ways, glue, tape etc... I opted for screwing a small screw through the base and into the supporting leg.

EDIT... AGAIN!
I was left a comment
Giselle Jones says: THEN DELETED IT!
Why we're you happy to accept a broken item?
Mr Lavery says:
I wasn't happy to accept a broken item, so I politely told BuyInCoins about it (before doing anything drastic, like leaving negative feedback), and they issued me with a full refund (even though they weren't at fault... Royal Mail were! You'd know this if you've ever ordered anything from BuyInCoins, as they do a bang-up job with the packaging... but even that can't withstand an onslaught of stomping on by some 'Middle Earth Orc' in a 'Royal Mail' uniform!), and I was able to fix the broken fan myself. I've bought 2 additional fans, and both were received intact.

Plus Points
+ Very quiet in operation.
+ The fan strength is good.
+ Proper On/Off switch.
+ Cable length 1 meter approx.
+ Can be angled up and down.
+ Padded base reduces vibration.
+ Overall size is just right.

Negative Points
- The plastic for the base and leg supports is too brittle.
- The front grill reduces air-flow.
- The fan-blade could easily have been bigger.

To sum up the fans plus points far exceed its negative points... but be warned!.. anyone who sees it will want you to get them one too.

***TOP TIP***
If you remove alternating rings from the front grill you can increase air-flow, you can do this easily with a pair of scissors, secateurs, cutting pliers etc. Check out the posted images for a 'Before & After' photo.

4.0 out of 5 stars A decent product, I'm quite a fan of it., 16 July 2013
I generally don't feel motivated enough to write product reviews, however this little fan has been my hero since it arrived. I work in an office in which there is always a battle over the air conditioning, the girls wanting it warmer and the men wanting it colder. During our recent heatwave this fan has been sat whirring away silently on my desk, blowing a gentle but very welcome breeze in my direction. Due to it's small size and lack of noise, its' effectiveness is limited by the distance it is away from you, I usually have it set between one and two feet away from me and the cooling effect at this distance is sufficient for me.

The build quality itself is great, made from durable plastic and I've been running this for eight hours a day with no problems at all.

For 2.98 delivered, I challenge anyone to find a better USB fan.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant!, 13 Jun 2013
This little fan is everything a man working in a female dominated office needs - I'm never allowed to open a window or put on a fan in case one of the women in my office actually dies of frost bite! This unobtrusive little fan keeps your face cool without blowing your paperwork all over the place - it is hardly noticeable so it does not send psychological shivers down my colleagues spines!
ADDITION - April 2014
we are almost a year down the line and the little chap is going strong! I'm returning to the product page to buy a couple more for my colleagues.

5.0 out of 5 stars Surprisingly effective for the price!, 22 Feb 2013
I wasn't expecting much from this product, but it is a godsend in my stuffy overcrowded office. Small and quiet, it provides enough breeze to keep me cool enough so I don't lose my mind. For the price, it's amazing! Have only used a few times, but it feels solid enough to last along time.

My boss is going to order one now as well he was so impressed!

5.0 out of 5 stars Bought over a year ago, still works, 10 April 2014
Fantastic product for the price, took a long time to deliver but thats understandable.

Well worth the money and the wait.

great product, great price, that simple really.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good and very quiet, 8 April 2014
It is well worth the money and the best one out of all the people who has one at my workplace.
The packaging is a bit of a lottery as my box was damaged but the goods inside was ok.

5.0 out of 5 stars Handy little thing, 11 Jan 2014
Quiet, almost silent when running
Handy sitting next to your monitor
Great for cooling down in the office when there's no window to open.
Would buy another and recommend

5.0 out of 5 stars Exultant little fan!, 25 Oct 2013
I have had this fan for 2 months now and it's just the right amount of power needed to cool you off without blowing all your paper work everywhere.

It simply plugs into your USE port on your PC and there you go!

The wire is a tad short so make sure your computer or screen has a usb on the desk it's self.

5.0 out of 5 stars Vwry good product, 10 Oct 2013
Queit, cheap and effective, I have these on my desk and have been asked several times where to get them

ARRAY(0xb280303c)