5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant!!
Published on 9 Feb 2012 by brendabb

2.0 out of 5 stars Do not buy Bissell
Beware, spare parts are not readily available for the Powerbrush cleaner. I purchased the Bissell Powerbrush 18 months ago. The front nozzle has now cracked. Bissell is now unable to provide the spare part! No reasons given either. I am in the ridiculous situation of having purchased this item but unable to use it!
Published 23 months ago by Mane

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant!!, 9 Feb 2012
This review is from: BISSELL POWERWASH POWER BRUSH CARPET CLEANER 25M1E
This machine is very easy to use and handle. Easy to clean and store. It is very effective as I have 4 very large and often muddy dogs who live in my kitchen. I regularly have to clean the carpet. This wonderful machine is as easy as a vacuum cleaner to use. The only down side is that you have to vacuum first or it gets clogged up with hairs or debris. Also I have not found the attachment for stairs and corners as effective as the main function but the main function is so good that I don't mind.

5.0 out of 5 stars So far so great, 25 Feb 2012
Chris A "chris_store" (From my undersea lair) - See all my reviews
Hi,

firstly let me say this is a really good machine. Far better than the Vax cleaner we had previously, and just as well featured. Compared to the vax it is better at cleaning, cheaper, much lighter and manouverable, easier to use and easier to clean with it's one tank design, with all the tools built in rather than constantly falling off the back and getting lost as with the vax. I was surprised at how effectively the bissell is able to clean and dry the carpets given its much lighter weight than the old vax machine we had. The vax had a built in detergent tank as well as a clean water tank, so you would think this would be good, but no, the vax detergent would thicken with time and clog the pipe that took the detergent to the spray, so often no detergent would come out. The vax was very heavy (especially when filled with water) and unwieldy, in fact it was so heavy that it's plastic handle broke due to the weight of the machine.

So overall the bissell beats the vax on every aspect, plus we only paid about 100 for the bissell where as the vax was over 150. If you need one of these machines (and we do with two small children constantly spilling stuff everywhere) then I can recommend it.

Negative points - seems to spray fluid to the side which is not sucked up on the same pass, but this is easy to fix by overlapping your tracks on the carpet, I think this is because the bissell has an edge to edge cleaning design with small brushes mounted to the side.

Hope this helps...

2.0 out of 5 stars Do not buy Bissell, 1 Aug 2012

2.0 out of 5 stars Bissel Powerbrush; Doesn't live up to the hype, 31 Oct 2012
This review is from: BISSELL POWERWASH POWER BRUSH CARPET CLEANER 25M1E
At first sight seems a decent bit of kit and sounds good in theory but beware. The design is very poor and all the convoluted little pathways soon become blocked and are difficult to clean out. We have dogs and despite a thorough vacuum before using the Bissel it picks up odd stray hairs and these soon block the filters and get stuck in the cleaning head. The valve that selects between floor or hand nozzle quickly becomes a repository for grit making it difficult to turn and the grit grinds away at the plastic. Once again the poor design makes it almost impossible to clean. TRY and get spares. They are prone to snapping both brush and pump belts. Buy one to fit yourself and it is the best part of 10 for something that would cost Bissel no more than a 1. The interior design is a pigs ear and they are difficult to fit. Leave it to an agent and you are out of pocket to the tune of 40. To sum up; poor design, rip off spares and doesn't actually clean that well. Went and bought Numatic and it knocks spots off the Bissel.

3.0 out of 5 stars Really happy with it, 22 May 2013
Its really powerful and does a good job

Even to do my sons small room I still have to refill the tank a few times, and I feel when I do the livingroom feel like its all I do!

Now I have it I actually wish I had bought a wet or dry vaccum. I assumed coz I have a good vacuum cleaner it would just be a wasted function but I can definitely see the sense in it!

2.0 out of 5 stars Bissel Powerbrush carpet cleaner, 12 April 2013
This review is from: BISSELL POWERWASH POWER BRUSH CARPET CLEANER 25M1E
I purchased a Powerbrush Select about 18 months ago. When the pump belt broke the customer service team would sell the part at inflated prices - the instructions were hard to follow so the belt broke again. The recommended service centre was over 40 miles away. Product good until it fails then backup is non-existent and repairs expensive