5.0 out of 5 stars Extremely Effective Internally & Externally
Reason for buying:
I decided to buy this product because I wanted to experience some of its widely reported health benefits:

Ingredients:

Protein = 0g
Carbohydrates = 0g
Fat =...
Published 10 months ago by PPS076

1.0 out of 5 stars PLASTIC Jar!!
I always use Biona coconut oil, but have bought the 400g size until now. I was SO disappointed to find that this 800g size comes in a plastic jar. So I'll be going back to the smaller sized, glass jars. Plastic chemicals are much more likely to leach in to foods with a high fat content, and so in my opinion, this packaging changes a fabulously healthy product in to...
Published on 7 Feb. 2013 by goldsmum

5.0 out of 5 stars Extremely Effective Internally & Externally, 11 July 2014
PPS076 (UK) - See all my reviews
(TOP 10 REVIEWER)    (HALL OF FAME REVIEWER)
Reason for buying:

Energy = 3585KJ/857Kcal
Protein = 0g
Carbohydrates = 0g
Fat = 100g
(Of which are Saturated Fat = 89.29g)
(Of which Polyunsaturated Fat = 3.57g)
(Of which Monounsaturated Fat = 0.71g)
Caprylic Acid C:8 = 5.4-9.5g
Caprylic Acid C:10 = 4.5-9.7g
Lauric Acid C:12 = 44.1-51.0g
Myristic Acid C:14 = 13.1-18.5g
Palmic Acid C:16 = 7.5g-10.5g
Stearic Acid = 1.0-3.2g

Note: Coconut oil is different to all other types of saturated fat because it contains a large % of Medium Chain Triglycerides (MCTs) which get metabolised differently by the body. They go directly from the intestinal tract to the liver where they are burned off as fuel and RAISE METABOLISM.

Taste / What to eat it with?:
The product tasted delicious, nutty, coconut-y and refreshing. I eat 2 Table spoons (15g X 2) a day with oats, soup, yogurt, smoothies, protein shakes, coffee, tea, toast, biscuits, muffins, homemade cakes and salads. I found that the product significantly improves their taste. My Chicken salad usually tastes very bland however adding hot coconut oil to it made a considerable difference. I also enjoyed eating it on its own. When cooking it has a smoke point of 177 Deg C / 350 Deg F.

Results:
After taking the product for 30 days (both internally and Externally), without changing anything else in my life (Diet, Exercise & Supplements), the changes that I experienced were tremendous. My body fat had been reduced, my skin (face) quality had improved, my energy levels were elevated, my hair looked much better (softer, shinier and smoother) and my sleep quality had improved. The product had worked extremely well indeed.

Skin (Face): (Every other day)
I added 5g (Tea Spoon) to the palm of my hand and let it sit there for a few minutes to melt. (Its very hard in the pot). I smeared it all over my face into a thin layer and left it on for 45 mins before washing it off with warm water.

Hair: (Every other day)
I added 10g (2 Tea Spoons) to the palm of my hand and let it sit there for a few minute to melt. I smoothed it into my hair, paying close attention to the ends. I left it on for 30 mins, rinsed my hair with warm water and shampoo-ed it twice. I combed my hair, dried it very gently with a towel. 30-45 mins latter my hair was soft, shiny and smooth. I then brushed it.

Storage:
Coconut oil is very stable with a long shelf life (approx 2 years). It can be stored in either a cupboard or a fridge. It is liquid at anything over 24.4 Deg C / 76 Deg F and solid at anything under 24.4 Deg C / 76 Deg F.

Negatives
The only 2 negatives that I could identify with the product was the price and hardness, however this is quite common with all other best quality Raw Organic Virgin Coconut products.

Should you be buying it?:
If you want to experience the health benefits of coconut oil then I would recommend buying it. Taking it for 30 days both internally and externally would be ample time to asses if it's making any noticeable difference.

Value:
This product has a price tag that would make you put it back on the shelf quicker than you picked it up. However when you consider the hundreds of different reported health benefits that the product offers (internally & externally), it does not sound as expensive.

What else could you buy for your money?:
After I finished the container, I moved on to using "Lucy Bee Extra Virgin Organic Coconut Oil 500ml' . I found that the taste and health benefits were identical. The only difference between the 2 is the price. The prices of both products fluctuate on Amazon therefore I usually buy whichever one is the cheapest at the time.

Verdict:
Extremely Effective Both Internally and Externally - Highly Recommended at £15.00 or less.

Feedback: If you wish to leave feedback on this review please follow the link below - thanks.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant all-rounder!, 3 May 2012
This review is from: Biona Organic Raw Virgin Coconut Oil 800 g (Grocery)
I've got one tub in the kitchen to use when frying food or spreading on toast or for jam butties. Another tub is in the bathroom to use as a moisturiser for eyelashes, ends of hair, dry patches on my face, lips, elbows, feet and hands - very good for brittle nails. Wouldn't be without it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Biona Organic Raw Virgin Coconut Oil, 23 Aug. 2013
Gloria (Essex United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Biona Organic Raw Virgin Coconut Oil 800 g (Grocery)
I would recommend this particular brand of organic coconut oil, I use it for all my cooking, it tastes delicious!

5.0 out of 5 stars biona organic raw virgin oil, 22 Jan. 2013
This review is from: Biona Organic Raw Virgin Coconut Oil 800 g (Grocery)
it definitely seems to benefit my husband who is in the early stages of Alzheimer's disease. it must be given 3 times a day to be beneficial. I am using it on my porridge,bread and to drizzle over vegetables. It does enhance the taste

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely lovely stuff, 16 May 2012
This review is from: Biona Organic Raw Virgin Coconut Oil 800 g (Grocery)
Replaced butter with this for frying foodstuffs. Love the smell. Love the taste. And feel so full up after eating food fried in this. Fantastic. Regular purchase now.

5.0 out of 5 stars Incredible product!, 3 Jan. 2015
This review is from: Biona Organic Raw Virgin Coconut Oil 800 g (Grocery)
Bought this product after reading the reviews. Was interested to know what the fuss was about. I am now addicted to it. After only a few weeks of use after showering, the difference in my skin is unbelievable. I'm 44 and my skin feels like it did in my 20's! Didn't think it possible. I use when the skin is still slightly damp. Am using it twice daily and also use it occasionally on my face when it's feeling dehydrated. I recently bought another band of coconut oil but it was nowhere near the quality of this product. I will use this now forever!

5.0 out of 5 stars Well worth the money!, 20 Oct. 2014
This review is from: Biona Organic Raw Virgin Coconut Oil 800 g (Grocery)
I have always heard about the benefits of applying coconut oil to your hair and have been wanting to give it a try but felt it smells quite horrible. however, took the plunge and gave this a try since its organic and raw so i would assume they should not smell too bad.

So here's my take on this product.

Quality: Well, I have seen many in the market but I would strongly recommend getting the organic and raw coconut oil as it is healthier and would have less/no chemicals. It might cost a little more but I feel my health is worth than that.

Packaging: The product came without any plastic seal or wrapping on the outside. However when you open the cover, it is properly and tightly sealed which in my opinion is great and environmentally friendly.

Size: It is huge! I reckon it is going to be an uphill task for me to finish it before its expiry date. Yes, they do have an expiry date. Mine expires on the 30th September 2016.

Smell: It smells heavenly! Very mild and natural smell that is not overpowering at all. Applied it on my hair and it smells way better than many leave-on conditioner or moisturiser for hair.

Usage: In the container, it is in solid form but it is very easy to work with as it melted almost instantly into liquid form when I place it on my palm. So I took about a 50p size worth and after it melted in my palm, I worked it into my hair. I imagine it as a shampoo and simply started scrubbing and rubbing it into my hair. In no time, my whole head of hair was well covered with coconut oil and the smell was very prominent but I thought it was great.

Effect: I applied it before heading to school and after 5 hours, I just washed it and it was very easy to wash it off. Simply shampoo like usual and it goes off. Now as I look at my hair in the mirror and feeling it when I brush my fingers through my hair, it feels so good and satisfying. My hair feels softer, smoother and healthier. It is like I just went for a hair spa but in a very economical way.

I will continue to use it and observe to see if it is really effective or just a moment of my mind playing tricks on me.

5.0 out of 5 stars Health and beauty. This does them both!, 6 Dec. 2013
Lady Vibart (north wales, Great Britain) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Biona Organic Raw Virgin Coconut Oil 800 g (Grocery)
I read Dr Fifes book on Coconut and decided to try it. Since I've been cooking with it, from soups to sautéed potatoes to pancakes, and in hot chocolate and coffee etc, I've been amazed.everything tastes good and is easy to digest and my hormones are more balanced( no more dry eye syndrome) and I feel good. It's also lovely as a moisturiser and body massage, and can be easily softened and mixed with essential oils for a relaxing massage. I also use it for Oil pulling( swilling it in your mouth for 15 minutes to neutralise nasty bacteria), and for sore skin and it does wonders for mature skin. I used my old organic face cream last week and couldn't believe how tight my skin felt afterwards, so I went back to this lovely soft and multipurpose oil. And very economical. I thoroughly recommend it and use it for everything. Sometimes there is a mild coconut taste if I cook meat with it, but I love coconut so not a problem. I know want to try coconut cakes and coconut flour. It's amazing rubbed into sore and dry skin on your feet and also good with psoriasis and fungal infections. I felt a sore throat coming on 2 days ago and garbled with it, and next morning I was fine. A lovely product. And now you can get 400 grs in glass jars so very economical.

5.0 out of 5 stars Yummy smell., 11 July 2014
This review is from: Biona Organic Raw Virgin Coconut Oil 800 g (Grocery)
Massive tub. Smells very coconutty (don't think thats a word). I love the smell and also the taste. I taking a spoonful a day for health reasons.

5.0 out of 5 stars The best I've had!, 17 Feb. 2013
This review is from: Biona Organic Raw Virgin Coconut Oil 800 g (Grocery)
This coconut oil is so great I use it on everything I possibly can. My hair, body, nails, cooking....worth the money.

Biona Organic Raw Virgin Coconut Oil 800 g