5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant all-rounder!
I've got one tub in the kitchen to use when frying food or spreading on toast or for jam butties. Another tub is in the bathroom to use as a moisturiser for eyelashes, ends of hair, dry patches on my face, lips, elbows, feet and hands - very good for brittle nails. Wouldn't be without it.
Published on 3 May 2012 by AJH UK

1.0 out of 5 stars Plastic!
Went to order this and then realised it was not a plastic jar! Change it to glass and then I'll purchase!
Published 3 months ago by Mr. Craig Crawford

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant all-rounder!, 3 May 2012

5.0 out of 5 stars Extremely Effective Internally & Externally, 11 July 2014
PPS076 (UK) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
Reason for buying:
I decided to buy this product because I wanted to experience some of its widely reported health benefits:

Ingredients:
100% Raw Virgin Organic Coconut Oil
Free from Cholesterol, Trans-Fats and GM products

Nutritional value (per 100g):
Energy = 3585KJ/857Kcal
Protein = 0g
Carbohydrates = 0g
Fat = 100g
(Of which are Saturated Fat = 89.29g)
(Of which Polyunsaturated Fat = 3.57g)
(Of which Monounsaturated Fat = 0.71g)
Caprylic Acid C:8 = 5.4-9.5g
Caprylic Acid C:10 = 4.5-9.7g
Lauric Acid C:12 = 44.1-51.0g
Myristic Acid C:14 = 13.1-18.5g
Palmic Acid C:16 = 7.5g-10.5g
Stearic Acid = 1.0-3.2g

Taste / What to eat it with?:
The product tasted delicious, nutty, coconut-y and refreshing. I eat 2 Table spoons (15g X 2) a day with oats, soup, yogurt, smoothies, protein shakes, coffee, tea, toast, biscuits, muffins, homemade cakes and salads. I found that the product significantly improves their taste. My Chicken salad usually tastes very bland however adding hot coconut oil to it made a considerable difference. I also enjoyed eating it on its own. When cooking it has a smoke point of 177 Deg C / 350 Deg F.

Results:
After taking the product for 30 days (both internally and Externally), without changing anything else in my life (Diet, Exercise & Supplements), the changes that I experienced were tremendous. My body fat had been reduced, my skin (face) quality had improved, my energy levels were elevated, my hair looked much better (softer, shinier and smoother) and my sleep quality had improved. The product had worked extremely well indeed.

Skin (Face): (Every other day)
I added 5g (Tea Spoon) to the palm of my hand and let it sit there for a few minutes to melt. (Its very hard in the pot). I smeared it all over my face into a thin layer and left it on for 45 mins before washing it off with warm water.

Hair: (Every other day)
I added 10g (2 Tea Spoons) to the palm of my hand and let it sit there for a few minute to melt. I smoothed it into my hair, paying close attention to the ends. I left it on for 30 mins, rinsed my hair with warm water and shampoo-ed it twice. I combed my hair, dried it very gently with a towel. 30-45 mins latter my hair was soft, shiny and smooth. I then brushed it.

Storage:
Coconut oil is very stable with a long shelf life (approx 2 years). It can be stored in either a cupboard or a fridge. It is liquid at anything over 24.4 Deg C / 76 Deg F and solid at anything under 24.4 Deg C / 76 Deg F.

Negatives
The only 2 negatives that I could identify with the product was the price and hardness, however this is quite common with all other best quality Raw Organic Virgin Coconut products.

Should you be buying it?:
If you want to experience the health benefits of coconut oil then I would recommend buying it. Taking it for 30 days both internally and externally would be ample time to asses if it's making any noticeable difference.

Value:
This product has a price tag that would make you put it back on the shelf quicker than you picked it up. However when you consider the hundreds of different reported health benefits that the product offers (internally & externally), it does not sound as expensive.

What else could you buy for your money?:
After I finished the container, I moved on to using "Lucy Bee Extra Virgin Organic Coconut Oil 500ml' . I found that the taste and health benefits were identical. The only difference between the 2 is the price. The prices of both products fluctuate on Amazon therefore I usually buy whichever one is the cheapest at the time.

Verdict:
Extremely Effective Both Internally and Externally - Highly Recommended at 15.00 or less.

Feedback:
If you wish to provide feedback on this review then please follow the link below.

Thanks

5.0 out of 5 stars biona organic raw virgin oil, 22 Jan 2013
This review is from: Biona Organic Raw Virgin Coconut Oil 800 g (Grocery)
it definitely seems to benefit my husband who is in the early stages of Alzheimer's disease. it must be given 3 times a day to be beneficial. I am using it on my porridge,bread and to drizzle over vegetables. It does enhance the taste

5.0 out of 5 stars Gorgeous, 4 Mar 2012
A while ago I went on a mission to replace all my old traditional cosmetics with entirely natural products. Ever since then, the skin on my face has started to look absolutely wonderful and not inflamed and irritated like it used to be.

This coconut oil is one of my favourite products. I use it on my skin as a moisturizer, on my lips as a lip balm, and on my hair as a conditioner and to smooth frizz. Also, as someone else said, it's great to use on wet skin after a shower. It's very soothing and so far it's the only moisturizer I've tried that doesn't sting an open wound. Of course, it smells lovely too. I keep a mini pot of it in my bag at all times! :)

5.0 out of 5 stars Smells great, 22 Nov 2012
It is what it says, 100% pure coconut oil, eat it, wear it, it's great. Will buy more when this runs out though it could take some time as its a nice big jar. A good buy.

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice taste, 10 Feb 2012
This oil has a pleasant taste to it. Some coconut oils I have bought taste of wood but this one is mellow. I would buy it again.

5.0 out of 5 stars The best I've had!, 17 Feb 2013
This review is from: Biona Organic Raw Virgin Coconut Oil 800 g (Grocery)
This coconut oil is so great I use it on everything I possibly can. My hair, body, nails, cooking....worth the money.

5.0 out of 5 stars Cannot live without it., 23 April 2013
This review is from: Biona Organic Raw Virgin Coconut Oil 800 g (Grocery)
This is the best quality and best price coconut oil I've used. I am using it every day in cooking or in my tea/coffee. Absolutely love it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 28 May 2013
My 17 year old daughter bought it for her dry hair she only needed to use it three or four times it totally conditioned her hair

5.0 out of 5 stars WOW!! 30 yrs of fighting Eczema, GONE IN 2 DAYS!!, 15 Aug 2013
N. Singh "Nvofus" (Birmingham, UK) - See all my reviews
IT HAS BEEN, LITERALLY, LIFE-CHANGING:
I have, like many dry skin or eczema sufferers (and boy do we suffer), tried a multitude of creams, oils, ointments, both steroidal and non-steroidal, to cope and manage our ailment, all with varying degrees of success and failure (I can almost sense the nods of agreement).

But, NOT ANYMORE!!

I stumbled across cocunut oil being a remedy for treating eczema, and so dashed straight onto Amazon to read a deluge of positive reviews about it. So, I took the plunge, and ordered me some.

I have only had the oil for 2 days...and my ECZEMA HAS GONE!! Now, I agree, that it will have varying degrees of success for each individual, but seriously, THIS STUFF IS ALMOST MAGICAL, AND SENT FROM THE GOD'S THEMSELVES TO RID ME OF ECZEMA FOREVER.

I have used Diprosone Cream (steriodal) and Vaseline to moisten my skin, for years, and I was fearful of not using them anymore, but my fears have, thankfully, been dispelled, if not absolutely, I can safely say, annihilated.

Plus, IT SMELLS FANTASTIC.

RED PATCHY, RAW LOOKING SKIN ON MY FACE...GONE!!

ECZEMA ON MY SCALP, CAUSING EMBARRASSING DANDRUFF...GONE!!

ECZEMA ON MY HANDS AND BODY...GONE!!

SMILE, PERMANENTLY ON MY FACE...RETURNED!!

THANK YOU FOR SUCH A LIFE CHANGING PRODUCT (written through tears of happiness).