5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant all-rounder!
I've got one tub in the kitchen to use when frying food or spreading on toast or for jam butties. Another tub is in the bathroom to use as a moisturiser for eyelashes, ends of hair, dry patches on my face, lips, elbows, feet and hands - very good for brittle nails. Wouldn't be without it.
Published on 3 May 2012 by AJH UK

1.0 out of 5 stars PLASTIC Jar!!
I always use Biona coconut oil, but have bought the 400g size until now. I was SO disappointed to find that this 800g size comes in a plastic jar. So I'll be going back to the smaller sized, glass jars. Plastic chemicals are much more likely to leach in to foods with a high fat content, and so in my opinion, this packaging changes a fabulously healthy product in to...
Published 17 months ago by goldsmum

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant all-rounder!, 3 May 2012

5.0 out of 5 stars biona organic raw virgin oil, 22 Jan 2013
This review is from: Biona Organic Raw Virgin Coconut Oil 800 g (Grocery)
it definitely seems to benefit my husband who is in the early stages of Alzheimer's disease. it must be given 3 times a day to be beneficial. I am using it on my porridge,bread and to drizzle over vegetables. It does enhance the taste

5.0 out of 5 stars Biona Organic Raw Virgin Coconut Oil, 23 Aug 2013
Gloria (Essex United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Biona Organic Raw Virgin Coconut Oil 800 g (Grocery)
I would recommend this particular brand of organic coconut oil, I use it for all my cooking, it tastes delicious!

5.0 out of 5 stars The best stuff, 30 Aug 2013
This review is from: Biona Organic Raw Virgin Coconut Oil 800 g (Grocery)
I am in love. It cooks at such high temps without burning - a refreshing change from olive oil - and it goes a long way. The flavor is subtle and pleasant and I couldn't be happier that I discovered this product. Have already re-ordered it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Extremely Effective Internally & Externally, 11 July 2014
PPS076 (UK) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
Reason for buying:
******************
I decided to buy this product because I wanted to experience some of its widely reported health benefits:

Seller Customer service / Delivery:
***********************************
The Item was purchased on a free prime 1 day delivery option and arrived the following day in a well packaged box which had sufficient padding to protect the product from damage during transit. The communication that I received from the seller throughout the whole process was 1st class.

Ingredients:

Energy = 3585KJ/857Kcal
Protein = 0g
Carbohydrates = 0g
Fat = 100g
(Of which are Saturated Fat = 89.29g)
(Of which Polyunsaturated Fat = 3.57g)
(Of which Monounsaturated Fat = 0.71g)
Caprylic Acid C:8 = 5.4-9.5g
Caprylic Acid C:10 = 4.5-9.7g
Lauric Acid C:12 = 44.1-51.0g
Myristic Acid C:14 = 13.1-18.5g
Palmic Acid C:16 = 7.5g-10.5g
Stearic Acid = 1.0-3.2g

Taste / What to eat it with?:
****************************
The product tasted delicious, nutty, coconut-y and refreshing. I eat it with oats, soup, yogurt, smoothies, protein shakes, coffee, tea, toast, biscuits, muffins, homemade cakes and salads. I found that the product significantly improves their taste. My Chicken salad usually tastes very bland but when I added hot coconut oil to it. It make a considerable difference. I also enjoyed eating it on its own. When cooking, it has a smoke point of 177 Deg C / 350 oF.

Results:
*******
After taking the product for 30 days (both internally and Externally), without changing anything else in my life (Diet, Exercise & Supplements), the changes that I experienced were tremendous. My body fat had been reduced, my skin (face) quality had improved, my energy levels were elevated, my hair looked much better (softer, shinier and smoother) and my sleep quality had improved. The product had worked extremely well indeed.

Skin (Face): (Every other day)
I added 5g (Tea Spoon) to the palm of my hand and let it sit there for a few minutes to melt. (Its very hard in the pot). I smeared it all over my face into a thin layer and left it on for 45 mins before washing it off with warm water.

Hair: (Every other day)
I added 10g (2 Tea Spoons) to the palm of my hand and let it sit there for a few minute to melt. I smoothed it into my hair, paying close attention to the ends. I left it on for 30 mins, rinsed my hair with warm water and shampoo-ed it twice. I combed my hair, dried it very gently with a towel. 30-45 mins latter my hair was soft, shiny and smooth. I then brushed it.

Storage:
********
Coconut oil is very stable with a long shelf life (approx 2 years). It can be stored in either a cupboard or a fridge. It is liquid at anything over 24.4 Deg C / 76 Deg F and solid at anything under 24.4 Deg C / 76 Deg F.

Negatives
*********
The only 2 negatives that I could identify with product was the price and hardness, however this is quite common with all other best quality Raw Organic Virgin Coconut products.

Should you be buying it?:
*************************
If you want to experience the health benefits of coconut oil then I would recommend buying it. Taking it for 30 days both internally and externally would be ample time to asses if it's making any noticeable difference.

Value:
******
This product has a price tag that would make you put it back on the shelf quicker than you picked it up. However when you consider the hundreds of different reported health benefits that the product offers (internally & externally), it does not sound as expensive.

Verdict:
********
Extremely Effective Both Internally and Externally - Highly Recommended at 15.00 or less.

5.0 out of 5 stars Cannot live without it., 23 April 2013
This review is from: Biona Organic Raw Virgin Coconut Oil 800 g (Grocery)
This is the best quality and best price coconut oil I've used. I am using it every day in cooking or in my tea/coffee. Absolutely love it.

5.0 out of 5 stars The best I've had!, 17 Feb 2013
This review is from: Biona Organic Raw Virgin Coconut Oil 800 g (Grocery)
This coconut oil is so great I use it on everything I possibly can. My hair, body, nails, cooking....worth the money.

5.0 out of 5 stars good, 24 Jun 2013
ive been using this for 3 months now to help relieve the pain in my hips, i can highly recomend it to anyone wanting a natural bit of help

5.0 out of 5 stars smells beautiful and is significantly less itchy, 17 July 2014
Mr. L. D. Catmur "Toby Larone" (Wolverhampton, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Biona Organic Raw Virgin Coconut Oil 800 g (Grocery)
(Review by my girlfriend.)

What I use it for:

- Consumption - I put a teaspoon or two in my green tea to add flavour - I much prefer the taste of this to some you can buy in the shops. Some people spread it on bread to replace butter but I prefer the taste of olive oil.

- Oil pulling along with sesame seed oil and olive oil. (The use of natural substances to clean and detoxify teeth and gums. It has been proven to aid teeth whitening and evidence shows that it can contribute towards improving gum health and removing harmful bacteria).

- Hair conditioning. I have very thick, long hair and most deep conditioning treatments do not make a difference. I use about two tablespoons of coconut oil and run it through my hair, focusing on the ends. I let it sit for up to two hours before shampooing twice and blow-drying. The difference in only a short amount of time is incredible! I straighten my hair every 2-3 days and it had become dry but treating it with coconut oil has reversed the damage and my hair is now soft and shiny.

- Moisturizer - I suffer from eczema and dry skin but I find that prescribed medication doesn't have a pleasant smell and leaves me feel greasy for hours! I rub coconut oil all over every morning - a small amount goes a long way - and my skin feels hydrated, smells beautiful and is significantly less itchy! The skin on my face is prone to blackheads and break outs so I only use a small amount of coconut oil on my under-eyes and argan oil on the rest of my face.

- Sun protection - I was very skeptical about doing this... I have very fair skin and this makes me prone to sunburn so I usually use a factor of at least 30 but never seem to tan! For the past week, I have rubbed coconut oil on my skin before sunbathing (reapply every 10-20 mins) and miraculously no burns or redness! I've even started to tan for the first time in about 7 years.

Overall, it's an essential product for me and very reasonably priced!

5.0 out of 5 stars Pros and cons......WHAT CONS!, 5 July 2014
This review is from: Biona Organic Raw Virgin Coconut Oil 800 g (Grocery)
totally amazing!!! ok so many benefits 1) I have eczema and numerous allergies so finding something that works that I am not allergic to is really interesting - this is brilliant - it has 1 natural ingredient! 2) amazing as a skin moisturiser after 1 week my family are asking for tubs of this, I must say the very mild initial fragrance of coconut is tantalising and I have found it works perfectly with all my perfumes 3) my hair is really fine and breaks - again finding a conditioner that I am not allergic to is interesting but again this heavenly oil saves the day it has a light and mild initial fragrance of coconut and after a night of moisturising in the following days my hair is gloriously soft less frizzy and glorious! I am in love with this stuff and has solved a great many topical medical issues I have. I am testing a myth with it having properties which assist with weight loss - it cant hurt to try, it tastes divine (even as lip gloss), it smells delish and makes my skin and hair look and feel stunning! love it, love it, love it and happy to rave about it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!