5.0 out of 5 stars Extremely Effective Internally & Externally
Reason for buying:
I decided to buy this product because I wanted to experience some of its widely reported health benefits:

Ingredients:

Protein = 0g
Carbohydrates = 0g
Fat =...
Published 3 months ago by PPS076

1.0 out of 5 stars PLASTIC Jar!!
I always use Biona coconut oil, but have bought the 400g size until now. I was SO disappointed to find that this 800g size comes in a plastic jar. So I'll be going back to the smaller sized, glass jars. Plastic chemicals are much more likely to leach in to foods with a high fat content, and so in my opinion, this packaging changes a fabulously healthy product in to...
Published 20 months ago by goldsmum

Energy = 3585KJ/857Kcal
Protein = 0g
Carbohydrates = 0g
Fat = 100g
(Of which are Saturated Fat = 89.29g)
(Of which Polyunsaturated Fat = 3.57g)
(Of which Monounsaturated Fat = 0.71g)
Caprylic Acid C:8 = 5.4-9.5g
Caprylic Acid C:10 = 4.5-9.7g
Lauric Acid C:12 = 44.1-51.0g
Myristic Acid C:14 = 13.1-18.5g
Palmic Acid C:16 = 7.5g-10.5g
Stearic Acid = 1.0-3.2g

Note: Coconut oil is different to all other types of saturated fat because it contains a large % of Medium Chain Triglycerides (MCTs) which get metabolised differently by the body. They go directly from the intestinal tract to the liver where they are burned off as fuel and RAISE METABOLISM.

Taste / What to eat it with?:
The product tasted delicious, nutty, coconut-y and refreshing. I eat 2 Table spoons (15g X 2) a day with oats, soup, yogurt, smoothies, protein shakes, coffee, tea, toast, biscuits, muffins, homemade cakes and salads. I found that the product significantly improves their taste. My Chicken salad usually tastes very bland however adding hot coconut oil to it made a considerable difference. I also enjoyed eating it on its own. When cooking it has a smoke point of 177 Deg C / 350 Deg F.

Results:
After taking the product for 30 days (both internally and Externally), without changing anything else in my life (Diet, Exercise & Supplements), the changes that I experienced were tremendous. My body fat had been reduced, my skin (face) quality had improved, my energy levels were elevated, my hair looked much better (softer, shinier and smoother) and my sleep quality had improved. The product had worked extremely well indeed.

Skin (Face): (Every other day)
I added 5g (Tea Spoon) to the palm of my hand and let it sit there for a few minutes to melt. (Its very hard in the pot). I smeared it all over my face into a thin layer and left it on for 45 mins before washing it off with warm water.

Hair: (Every other day)
I added 10g (2 Tea Spoons) to the palm of my hand and let it sit there for a few minute to melt. I smoothed it into my hair, paying close attention to the ends. I left it on for 30 mins, rinsed my hair with warm water and shampoo-ed it twice. I combed my hair, dried it very gently with a towel. 30-45 mins latter my hair was soft, shiny and smooth. I then brushed it.

Storage:
Coconut oil is very stable with a long shelf life (approx 2 years). It can be stored in either a cupboard or a fridge. It is liquid at anything over 24.4 Deg C / 76 Deg F and solid at anything under 24.4 Deg C / 76 Deg F.

Negatives
The only 2 negatives that I could identify with the product was the price and hardness, however this is quite common with all other best quality Raw Organic Virgin Coconut products.

Should you be buying it?:
If you want to experience the health benefits of coconut oil then I would recommend buying it. Taking it for 30 days both internally and externally would be ample time to asses if it's making any noticeable difference.

Value:
This product has a price tag that would make you put it back on the shelf quicker than you picked it up. However when you consider the hundreds of different reported health benefits that the product offers (internally & externally), it does not sound as expensive.

What else could you buy for your money?:
After I finished the container, I moved on to using "Lucy Bee Extra Virgin Organic Coconut Oil 500ml' . I found that the taste and health benefits were identical. The only difference between the 2 is the price. The prices of both products fluctuate on Amazon therefore I usually buy whichever one is the cheapest at the time.

Verdict:
Extremely Effective Both Internally and Externally - Highly Recommended at £15.00 or less.

Feedback:
If you wish to provide feedback on this review then please follow the link below.

Thanks

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant all-rounder!, 3 May 2012
This review is from: Biona Organic Raw Virgin Coconut Oil 800 g (Grocery)
I've got one tub in the kitchen to use when frying food or spreading on toast or for jam butties. Another tub is in the bathroom to use as a moisturiser for eyelashes, ends of hair, dry patches on my face, lips, elbows, feet and hands - very good for brittle nails. Wouldn't be without it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Cannot live without it., 23 April 2013
This review is from: Biona Organic Raw Virgin Coconut Oil 800 g (Grocery)
This is the best quality and best price coconut oil I've used. I am using it every day in cooking or in my tea/coffee. Absolutely love it.

5.0 out of 5 stars biona organic raw virgin oil, 22 Jan 2013
This review is from: Biona Organic Raw Virgin Coconut Oil 800 g (Grocery)
it definitely seems to benefit my husband who is in the early stages of Alzheimer's disease. it must be given 3 times a day to be beneficial. I am using it on my porridge,bread and to drizzle over vegetables. It does enhance the taste

5.0 out of 5 stars The best I've had!, 17 Feb 2013
This review is from: Biona Organic Raw Virgin Coconut Oil 800 g (Grocery)
This coconut oil is so great I use it on everything I possibly can. My hair, body, nails, cooking....worth the money.

5.0 out of 5 stars smells beautiful and is significantly less itchy, 17 July 2014
Mr. L. D. Catmur "Toby Larone" (Wolverhampton, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Biona Organic Raw Virgin Coconut Oil 800 g (Grocery)
(Review by my girlfriend.)

What I use it for:

- Consumption - I put a teaspoon or two in my green tea to add flavour - I much prefer the taste of this to some you can buy in the shops. Some people spread it on bread to replace butter but I prefer the taste of olive oil.

- Oil pulling along with sesame seed oil and olive oil. (The use of natural substances to clean and detoxify teeth and gums. It has been proven to aid teeth whitening and evidence shows that it can contribute towards improving gum health and removing harmful bacteria).

- Hair conditioning. I have very thick, long hair and most deep conditioning treatments do not make a difference. I use about two tablespoons of coconut oil and run it through my hair, focusing on the ends. I let it sit for up to two hours before shampooing twice and blow-drying. The difference in only a short amount of time is incredible! I straighten my hair every 2-3 days and it had become dry but treating it with coconut oil has reversed the damage and my hair is now soft and shiny.

- Moisturizer - I suffer from eczema and dry skin but I find that prescribed medication doesn't have a pleasant smell and leaves me feel greasy for hours! I rub coconut oil all over every morning - a small amount goes a long way - and my skin feels hydrated, smells beautiful and is significantly less itchy! The skin on my face is prone to blackheads and break outs so I only use a small amount of coconut oil on my under-eyes and argan oil on the rest of my face.

- Sun protection - I was very skeptical about doing this... I have very fair skin and this makes me prone to sunburn so I usually use a factor of at least 30 but never seem to tan! For the past week, I have rubbed coconut oil on my skin before sunbathing (reapply every 10-20 mins) and miraculously no burns or redness! I've even started to tan for the first time in about 7 years.

Overall, it's an essential product for me and very reasonably priced!

5.0 out of 5 stars Biona Organic Raw Virgin Coconut Oil, 23 Aug 2013
Gloria (Essex United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Biona Organic Raw Virgin Coconut Oil 800 g (Grocery)
I would recommend this particular brand of organic coconut oil, I use it for all my cooking, it tastes delicious!

5.0 out of 5 stars love it, 7 Aug 2014
This review is from: Biona Organic Raw Virgin Coconut Oil 800 g (Grocery)
This coconut oil has to be the very best coconut oil i have ever had, its truly amazing, i did sadly make the mistake of ordering a cheaper oil , and its awful , but you get what you pay for , and this one is perfect like soft cream , so tasty, and excellent to use in cooking and for moisturising , love , love it i won't use any other coconut oil

5.0 out of 5 stars very good. thanks, 26 Mar 2012
This review is from: Biona Organic Raw Virgin Coconut Oil 800 g (Grocery)
I bought this product before..is very good product, nice flavour, also best price i could find
I will buy again. thanks a lot!

5.0 out of 5 stars Used as a moisturiser for psoriasis, 23 Mar 2013
This review is from: Biona Organic Raw Virgin Coconut Oil 800 g (Grocery)
I have psoriasis and use coconut oil as a moisturiser. I have tried a few different brands, and some have been greasy and of no use at all, but this one from Biona is excellent. It's not greasy, goes a long way, and won't stain your clothes. It obviously won't cure your psoriasis, but it will definitely help keep your skin moisturised, and you can use it on any part of your body including those sensitive areas. You can also put it on your scalp, wrap in cling film, then wash out after a few hours.

I got this delivered to Europe in 4 days, and have just come back to order some more. If you have psoriasis or any dry skin problem give it try, it will make your skin feel much softer. But please do remember it's not a cure for psoriasis!

Biona Organic Raw Virgin Coconut Oil 800 g