on 25 August 2012
Really nice looking phone and sound quality is great. But......

- the keyboard is not very responsive, you end up pushing hard but actually it's not pressure sensitive (is it capacitive? Do you need sweaty fingers to make it work properly)?

- its reeeeaaaally slow. You press a button and it takes ages to respond.

- during a call it reverts to a 'service' screen which displays all sorts of technical gibberish which if you need to access useful stuff like loudspeaker or keypad, just gets in the way and causes confusion.

- setting up the phone book is a pain. Every time I tried to access the contact information I ended up calling them instead. A simple warning message such as 'Do you want to call this contact' would make life so much easier. But you do get used to this.

- menus are confusing until you get used to them.

What you might want to know is that you can pair other phones to the base station - I paired my old Panasonic as well as another SL910 and a Gigaset L410.

However, saying all this and regretting what a great product this phone could have been, it still is a great looking phone and just for its looks and feel I forgive it's faults (just).
on 31 January 2014
Bought this phone some time ago. It is an excellent if not a little expensive house phone. You need initially buy the base station which I suppose acts a router type device and the phone. Both the router and phone need their own power supply and the base station need to be connected to the telephone system. It has a touch screen display with all the status information for the phone displayed. It has its own applications and is like a smart house phone. It has Bluetooth and you can transfer telephone number from compatible devices and Outlook and even have the photo come up of the caller. It has a hands free device, mute and many other functions etc........ you can even make a telephone call. The phone calls are quite clear and it is a quality built and robust product

If you want a smart type house phone then I would recommend this one even though slightly dear it also looks and feels good.
on 3 January 2012
Having seen this phone online, I was tempted by the best design of a house phone I had seen. I was not disappointed as it operates like smart phone with touch screen and once attached to a computer, different ringtones and photos can be downloaded. Also like a smartphone you can assign photos and tunes to individual people.Answer phone is good and so is sound quality. A little pricey but the best modern home phone around!!
VINE VOICEon 11 November 2015
Superb Phone, no gripes yet but I will edit if I find any.
Lovely feel excellent build quality looks brilliant with a separate base station which can be wall hung or placed somewhere unobtrusive which doesn't necessarily have to be near the phone as long as there is a telephone point and power point within cable distance.
The handset has a very good contact distance from the base station, mine reaches the entire property including the large(ish) garden and I can walk 45 yards away and still have a strong signal. The battery did run down after the first charge quite quickly but a few days later and I haven't notice any detriment to the performance but I am careful to stick in in its base at night.
The screen is sensitive and clear, the icons are intuitive and well thought out. The whole thing feels quality and is very responsive. I did have a tiny problem with the set up - I couldn't call mobiles? But a quick call to an excellent help line (0800 # ) and it was fixed in seconds - (My Fault wrong country code!). This is without a doubt the best remote landline telephone I have ever owned.
JC
on 18 August 2012
The Gigaset SL910 phone is not the cheapest, but is a really top class product and I am well pleased with what I've purchased. It looks impressive and performs similarly. Was easy to install and set up and the touch screen outperforms many mobile phones boasting the same facility.
I can sometimes be outside and 150 yards from my house, reception over this range is still maintained to a good level. Overall the reception is much clearler than with all my previous phones which were top of the range when purchased.
One excellent feature is that the base and handset are provided with their own seperate power supply and plug which provides another hugh advantage. All my required functions can be performed from the handset without need to touch the base. As the base has its own power supply this allows it to be positioned in and excellent reception area without needing to be frequntly accessible, whilst the handset docking / charging base can be located in a convienient point for use during the day.
The array of features which the phone supports is excellent and the answer machine facility has a long period of recording. If a message is received or a call missed, this is clearly indicated on the handset amd therefore picked up promptly.
I am very satisfied with the phone its looks and performance are to a high standard. I am have not encountered any problem with the phone which would prevent me from recommending it to other shoppers.
on 7 December 2012
These feel solid enough, good, clear call quality and an attempt at modern phone functionality like swipe screens and multiple homepages. Some neat tricks having bought three together such as setting the time on one sets the time on all the handsets. An internet browser would have been a welcome addition and hardly diffucult technologically speaking, allowing Google contacts to be accessed - then this would have been a ten-star review! As it is, you're into bluetoothing them across or entering manually, neither of which I've mastered.
on 2 October 2014
(Long) Had to order a new charging cradle from eBaY. Australia and it worked against advice from Siemens.

Dear Mrs. Saunders ,

Thank you for contacting Gigaset Technical Support.

We are sorry to hear that you are experiencing difficulties with your charging cradle.

Since you purchased your phone on 26th Sep 2012, your warranty has expired. In this case, you will have to send your faulty charging cradle via post mail to SBE Service Center, along with your personal info (full name, address, contact number, e-mail) and short letter of fault description to the following address:

Gigaset DECT
PO BOX 59
Beaver Industrial Estate
Ashford, Kent
TN23 9 DW

After the assessment, SBE will contact you regarding the repair cost.

Should you have any further questions please do not hesitate to contact us again. We would be more than glad to assist you in any way we can. For more information on Gigaset products please [...]
on 17 August 2013
Very disappointed with, what is, probably the most expensive handset for home use. We bought 3 handsets, the touchscreens progressively became less responsive, more like the old pressure based rather than capacitive, eventually too much pressure was applied and 2 of the screens are now cracked.
Waiting to hear from supplier about replacements under warranty. I will now buy an adapter so that we can use our iPhones as home handsets via Bluetooth. The SL910 is a piece of art but functionally useless.
on 16 January 2013
See my review of the similar Gigaset hand-set which I bought to accompany the base station but in a nutshell; buy this phone - it's good!
on 24 December 2012
Fantastic Home Phone - packed with great features, touch screen, answerphone, looks and feels Quality - Buy it! Enough said!