5.0 out of 5 stars Not just for kids!
I bought this because it looked decent and I wanted something simple and "chilidish" to record with. It produces a fantastic wooden sound and is well constructed. The colours are vibrant, too.
If anyone's interested, as with most kids toys, this things in the key of D major.
Published on 7 May 2011 by Persepolis

1.0 out of 5 stars Poor quality, disappointing
Published on 2 Aug. 2012 by mrs_smith

5.0 out of 5 stars Not just for kids!, 7 May 2011
Persepolis (England) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)

5.0 out of 5 stars Great fun!, 8 Jan. 2010
C. Steenson - See all my reviews
I bought this for my young nephew in Austrailia at Christmas time.

My sister tells me that he started playing with it immediately and he loved it so much that he refused to open any more presents until it was hidden for a while...

It also makes a lovely noise - much easier to listen to for the long hours that it is being played for.

1.0 out of 5 stars Poor quality, disappointing, 2 Aug. 2012
I ordered this as a present for my cousin's son, but was very disappointed when it arrived. The overall quality seemed poor and, in particular, most of the keys were loose and the screws visible (different from in the picture) plus there was a large chip out of one of the keys, score marks on the underside of the keys and another chip out of the wooden frame. It's such a shame because if the quality was betters, this could be a really lovely toy. I unfortunately had to send it back.

2.0 out of 5 stars Plays flat notes!!, 20 Jun. 2011
Bought this for my baby's Christmas 2010 present.

Was very disappointed to find that several of the notes play "wrong" - i.e. even someone as musically untrained as I am winces at an attempt to play "Doe a Deer"!

It's of fundamental importance for the notes on a xylophone to ring true: if they don't, what on earth is the point of the thing?

My other gripe is that the underside of a lot of the wooden notes are scored deeply, as if with a knife. Why?

4.0 out of 5 stars Not the best xylephone, but my daughter seems to like it, 5 Sept. 2013
This review is from: Bigjigs Toys Snazzy Xylophone (Toy)
I ignored other reviews referring to this product as 'out of tune', mostly because my 8 month daughter doesn't have a perfect pitch yet.
All this item is made of wood, which makes it sound a little bit muted. I expected a louder noise coming from a Xylophone.
But anyway, this could be a good thing because my daughter hammers the thing pretty hard.
It's quite sturdy and it already has survived a couple of nasty flips.
Stick are OK. My daughter loved to suck them so I've confiscated them until she is older. They have been replaced by an inoffensive plastic spoon which mutes the sound even more, and makes may daughter hit the thing ever harder.
Over all I would recommend it to other parents.

1.0 out of 5 stars very disappointing!, 12 Nov. 2013
This review is from: Bigjigs Toys Snazzy Xylophone (Toy)
When opened the xylophone was damaged. A screw for one of the slats was protruding and we couldn't screw it in any further. Another screw was mangled and not safe for a child to handle. Bought for our grandson's birthday and very disappointed.

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely, old fashioned toy with modern appeal!, 8 Oct. 2013
This review is from: Bigjigs Toys Snazzy Xylophone (Toy)
Lovely wooden toy, well made, beautiful colours , good tone. The sticks fit neatly in the base of the xylophone a lough my granddaughter isn't interested in that at all! she is just one year old Nd finds the toy easy to carry around and to hit. She has dropped it several time and it is till all in one piece.
I feel that this was good value for money compared to some of the cheap, plastic imitations available in some well known children's stores. We are all pleased with the purchase.

5.0 out of 5 stars The Xylophone that ruled Chrismas, 17 Feb. 2013
I bought this as a Chrismas present for a two year old, when she opened the wrappinng and took the Xylophone out the box, she happily tapped away making lots of noise that kept her amused for hours and put all the other expensive toys she had recieved into the shadows. I am not an officianado of xylohone sound however this musical instrument sounded great to my ears!

5.0 out of 5 stars Tough, colourful, loads of fun!, 5 April 2009
Mr. D. J. Bayliss (UK) - See all my reviews
I bought this for my son when he was about 10 months, he loves it.
Well made toy, nice and colourful, not a bad sound either, good value!

5.0 out of 5 stars Good quality toy and sound not too bad, 4 July 2011
J. Harford (Dorset, England) - See all my reviews
This is a lovely xylophone and being wooden the sound isn't too offensive either! My 3 year old son enjoys playing with it but it only holds his attention for short periods at a time as obviously it has quite a limited scope of use. It's a nice addition to the toy box though.

Bigjigs Toys Snazzy Xylophone