5.0 out of 5 stars Strong, awesome to use and easy set up.
In the box (besides the bike) You'll get an Allen-key, and an all-in-one screwdriver/bolt tightner thingy, which saved me having to root around in my toolboxes for the right gear, so that it self was a bonus with this purchase.

Three things I'd like to highlight to you all:

1st/ PARTS -
There should be no need to panic like i did about missing...
Published on 17 Nov. 2011 by TheNoseKnow

3.0 out of 5 stars Good value
The product was easy to assemble once you mastered the instructions. Everything works and the machine is robust and stable in use. You do need a better spanner to tighten up the saddle nuts.
Published on 3 Jan. 2012 by Vincenzo

5.0 out of 5 stars Strong, awesome to use and easy set up., 17 Nov. 2011
TheNoseKnow (In some city that is in some country that is in some part of the world.) - See all my reviews

Three things I'd like to highlight to you all:

1st/ PARTS -
There should be no need to panic like i did about missing screws or bolts, like in the case for the saddle and the pedals, as the screws/bolts are already attached to the saddle and the pedals are one-piece screw in's =)

2nd/ SET UP -
It's simple enough, BUT, when you come to the part where you have to hook up the tension cable (steel wire) to base, my advice is to lower the setting to 1 using the black twist dial.
I got stuck for a while trying to stretch the steel wire by hand to connect it, and as much as I am strong, and it felt like i could do it, i finally had to concede that I'm not that able to beat the steel cable. So i had to call up and this is when i learned about lowering the setting to 1 via the black twist dial as it isn't mentioned in the instructions - instructions i didn't have to read until i got to that part =(

3rd and final/ COMPUTER -
At the back of the computer unit where you put the batteries in, the battery lid can fall inside the computer unit, so my advice be careful or use tape to secure it in a way that you only have to press it open and it drops down.
I have had the lid fall inside the unit, but it fell back out again before i could even turn it around to the back to look.

As for the computer it self, it's a basic LCD display with a one touch button change that takes you through all the various display modes.
There is a time feature on the computer, but i don't see the need for it and so there's no point trying to figure out how to set the time using just the one button, which would probably just annoy you, and it's your body which will correctly determine how long you can go anyway, not the clock.

The pulse reading feature seems to be ok, i have another CPU based device which accurately shows pulse levels and the bike's computer reading is close enough to trust. However, while the pulse reading is what i use most, it's the exercise we're after here and not the computer functions really - and the bike will certainly give that to you, IF you really want the exercise that is.

One feature besides the pulse which you might find helpful will be the distance reading, this is crucial for mental discipline, something a lot of people seem to be lacking in these days.

Set yourself some goals and make it happen!

............

So, knowing about lowering the tension setting to one to hook that steel wire up, full set up should only take around 5-10 minutes if you're doing it yourself like i was, going from unpack to full set up and using it.
.....................

REVIEW:

I'm 6ft and ~16stone and a leg measurement of 34 and at the maximum height on the saddle setting I can operate the bike without any clearance issues.

I'm well built and i have had this bike at tension setting 8 which is the toughest it goes, and i have been really thrashing the bike by pushing myself to my limit of pain and for how long i can take that pain and i have to say the bike holds up nicely. - There's simply no other way to test than to properly thrash it!

The tension setting on this bike when at its maximum is bang on for the type of exercise you're doing, because with a bike, you're aiming for 'Toning and Endurance' for your leg muscles - do not expect to walk away from using this bike to end up with massive unnatural bodybuilders legs because NO BIKE will give that to you, for that you must hit the gym and push the weights, I know, because this is what I have done in the past.
Honestly though, you don't need to even use this at max tension setting. You could quite happily use this bike on setting one for a few months so as to teach your muscles properly (yes i said teach your muscles) before upping the settings and i would actually recommend doing this anyway simply for your heart and lungs to get a bit of love while not stressing your legs much at all.

There is 8 height adjustments on the saddle neck, and the settings are a cinch to adjust. So even if you're shorter than 6ft there's going to be a comfortable setting for you.

I actually do sessions with the saddle lowered to as low as i can comfortably do full cycles so as to get more work into my muscles (If you choose to do this, then please take it easy if you're tall and go slow-ish. (tearing quadriceps is not nice)

In regards to comfort - The saddle does have quite a good cushion on it, i can press my thumb into it a fair amount, but like most standard supplied saddles they become uncomfortable, at which time getting a cushion off the sofa would be a good idea, or perhaps investing in one of those fancy gel saddles the trendies bang on about - but I'm a bit of a tightwad with money, so the pillow/cushion option does me fine.

I easily give the Body Sculpture BC1700 Exercise Bike a full 5 stars here, it certainly performed under the punishment i gave it during testing and it's still going, and besides the priceless workouts you'll get and benefit to your health and fitness, you also get a LCD computer which gives you fairly accurate pulse readings etc, and for the current price of £90 it's certainly worth picking this up to use now.

It would also be a great and very thoughtful gift for a young teenager as well - get them off those games consoles for an hour each day!

If i had tried this at a friends house and never heard of it before then, i would have been expecting and willing to pay around £130 or so, and I would have felt I got my monies worth as well. Some people today don't realize just how precious health is until it hits them one day that their health is failing - don't make that mistake, do something about your health today!

3.0 out of 5 stars Good value, 3 Jan. 2012

5.0 out of 5 stars exercise bike, 25 Sept. 2012
This review is from: Body Sculpture BC1700 Exercise Bike (Sports)
I bought this exercise bike after rupturing nearly all the ligaments in my knee, I needed to get the strength built back in the knee to cope with the operation and this bike was perfect - good price, easy to build, adjustable and varing hardness in pedaling. Knee is now a lot stronger and would recommed to anyone.

1.0 out of 5 stars Body Sculpture BC1700, 23 Nov. 2014
This review is from: Body Sculpture BC1700 Exercise Bike (Sports)
It has to be one of the worst I've ever bought. Assembly was easy but the pedals wouldn't move at all and it turned out the wheel inside was jammed. Followed the instructions and opened it up which was extremely messy then after 20 minutes I found some of the parts connected to the wheel were not fitted correctly. After few hours managed to get it going but it was making loud noises so had no choice but to return it ASAP. What a waste of time and money but Amazon's return service was great.

1.0 out of 5 stars After first use it doesn't appear to be fit for purpose, 26 Jan. 2014
This review is from: Body Sculpture BC1700 Exercise Bike (Sports)
I have recently purchased this exercise bike from Amazon.
We put it together today and have just used it for the first time.

I have only done 10km and within the first 8km the left pedal has come flying off twice. The pedal has been threaded through as far as it can go but there appears to be an issue with this. The Velcro over the foot pedals also seems very weak and doesn't hold the feet in place but frequently breaks apart. I have contacted the manufacturer today and am awaiting their response but I'm afraid after first use I am not convinced it is sturdy enough and may have to be returned.

5.0 out of 5 stars Needed exercise, 27 Sept. 2013
This review is from: Body Sculpture BC1700 Exercise Bike (Sports)
I am 80 and have a minor circulation problem in my legs. I was told by a consultant that buying an exercise bike and using it with minimum resistance would be excellent exercise. So far so good.

5.0 out of 5 stars Sturdy, High Quality, Exercise Bike at a Superb Price! Great Purchase!, 25 Mar. 2013
This review is from: Body Sculpture BC1700 Exercise Bike (Sports)
I purchased this bike as a birthday gift for my son. It is very sturdy and my husband put it together without any problems. It is amazing value on Amazon at under £100 and having recently had a good look around at exercise bikes, I don't believe that I could have bought better for anywhere near the price. It was helpful to know from another reviewer, that some screws were actually screwed into the actual part so when my husband thought they were missing, I knew where to find them! My husband has tried it out and he is just over 6feet tall and he says its excellent for him. Feels safe and strong while in use. One point I would like to make is that I bought a gel seat cover which came up under the "what others buy after this item" system but it was far, far too small and had to be returned! So for anyone who wants to buy a gel seat cover with or for this bike, the Velo 137657 Anatomic Gel Saddle Cover - Black, on Amazon too, is the perfect one for this bike as it is extra wide and fits an absolute treat. Really delighted with the bike and seat cover. A great Birthday Gift for my son.

1.0 out of 5 stars Not enough slack - gap too wide, 19 May 2013
This review is from: Body Sculpture BC1700 Exercise Bike (Sports)
This is a good, solid looking, well made product. It looks well worth the price - and probably is, if you can assemble the thing. I couldn't. The problem with the bike is, as outlined by other posters, the tension cable. There is simply not enough 'play' or slack to hook up the cable. Even when the tension setting is set at its lowest (allowing maximum slack) the gap is still too wide. I sweated over this beast for a couple of hours before reluctantly conceding defeat and retiring to patch up torn finger nails and bloody knuckles.

Previous purchasers seem to have been eventually able to complete the assembly of the bike despite the tension cable problem which leaves me with two ways to go:

1) I was unlucky and got a 'one off' particularly bad bike with a particularly awkward short tension cable.

2) I'm useless, crap at do it yourself, hopeless.

Ahh - what do I care. It's bound to be my fault. That's what she'll say anyway.

No problem with the return. Dead easy. Money back in the bank. Still need a bike tho.

4.0 out of 5 stars good solid exrcise cycle, 24 July 2013
This review is from: Body Sculpture BC1700 Exercise Bike (Sports)
this is my second product, the first was damaged in transit and made an awful noise - amazon quickly replaced.
you do have to assemble this - read several reviews as I had no difficulty at all but some people obviously have, read the manual! and be patient. I am just 6foot/1.8m and it is at the limit of saddle pole extension.
I have bought this primarily as a gentle exercise/recovery tool and feel that it will suit me for some time, it is fairly quiet in use BUT the saddle is not going to suit everyone be prepared buy a gel cover for comfort, the level of resistance does not match gym cycles but for £90 what do you expect? if you are a serious cyclist this will not stretch you.
The bike is stable and fits in the corner of my smallest bedroom easily, pull it out a little use it and push it back out of the way - much better I feel than a folding exercise bike.
For me this is a good value item. If you cannot afford the gym or are unlikely to make your way there reliably or just like to exercise on your own then give this a try.

5.0 out of 5 stars keep on riding, 23 Dec. 2011
This review is from: Body Sculpture BC1700 Exercise Bike (Sports)
Bought this for my son, who is a keen cyclist and he rates this very high and you can go from easy motion to high very easy and with the computer it tells him all he needs to know.great value for money,easy assembled,everyone's a winner.

Body Sculpture BC1700 Exercise Bike