5.0 out of 5 stars Strong, awesome to use and easy set up.
In the box (besides the bike) You'll get an Allen-key, and an all-in-one screwdriver/bolt tightner thingy, which saved me having to root around in my toolboxes for the right gear, so that it self was a bonus with this purchase.

Three things I'd like to highlight to you all:

1st/ PARTS -
There should be no need to panic like i did about missing...
Published on 17 Nov 2011 by Clitmint

3.0 out of 5 stars Good value
The product was easy to assemble once you mastered the instructions. Everything works and the machine is robust and stable in use. You do need a better spanner to tighten up the saddle nuts.
Published on 3 Jan 2012 by Vincenzo

5.0 out of 5 stars Strong, awesome to use and easy set up., 17 Nov 2011
Clitmint (In some city that is in some country that is in some part of the world.) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Body Sculpture BC1700 Exercise Bike - Silver/Black (Sports)

Three things I'd like to highlight to you all:

1st/ PARTS -
There should be no need to panic like i did about missing screws or bolts, like in the case for the saddle and the pedals, as the screws/bolts are already attached to the saddle and the pedals are one-piece screw in's =)

2nd/ SET UP -
It's simple enough, BUT, when you come to the part where you have to hook up the tension cable (steel wire) to base, my advice is to lower the setting to 1 using the black twist dial.
I got stuck for a while trying to stretch the steel wire by hand to connect it, and as much as I am strong, and it felt like i could do it, i finally had to concede that I'm not that able to beat the steel cable. So i had to call up and this is when i learned about lowering the setting to 1 via the black twist dial as it isn't mentioned in the instructions - instructions i didn't have to read until i got to that part =(

3rd and final/ COMPUTER -
At the back of the computer unit where you put the batteries in, the battery lid can fall inside the computer unit, so my advice be careful or use tape to secure it in a way that you only have to press it open and it drops down.
I have had the lid fall inside the unit, but it fell back out again before i could even turn it around to the back to look.

As for the computer it self, it's a basic LCD display with a one touch button change that takes you through all the various display modes.
There is a time feature on the computer, but i don't see the need for it and so there's no point trying to figure out how to set the time using just the one button, which would probably just annoy you, and it's your body which will correctly determine how long you can go anyway, not the clock.

The pulse reading feature seems to be ok, i have another CPU based device which accurately shows pulse levels and the bike's computer reading is close enough to trust. However, while the pulse reading is what i use most, it's the exercise we're after here and not the computer functions really - and the bike will certainly give that to you, IF you really want the exercise that is.

One feature besides the pulse which you might find helpful will be the distance reading, this is crucial for mental discipline, something a lot of people seem to be lacking in these days.

Set yourself some goals and make it happen!

............

So, knowing about lowering the tension setting to one to hook that steel wire up, full set up should only take around 5-10 minutes if you're doing it yourself like i was, going from unpack to full set up and using it.
.....................

REVIEW:

I'm 6ft and ~16stone and a leg measurement of 34 and at the maximum height on the saddle setting I can operate the bike without any clearance issues.

I'm well built and i have had this bike at tension setting 8 which is the toughest it goes, and i have been really thrashing the bike by pushing myself to my limit of pain and for how long i can take that pain and i have to say the bike holds up nicely. - There's simply no other way to test than to properly thrash it!

The tension setting on this bike when at its maximum is bang on for the type of exercise you're doing, because with a bike, you're aiming for 'Toning and Endurance' for your leg muscles - do not expect to walk away from using this bike to end up with massive unnatural bodybuilders legs because NO BIKE will give that to you, for that you must hit the gym and push the weights, I know, because this is what I have done in the past.
Honestly though, you don't need to even use this at max tension setting. You could quite happily use this bike on setting one for a few months so as to teach your muscles properly (yes i said teach your muscles) before upping the settings and i would actually recommend doing this anyway simply for your heart and lungs to get a bit of love while not stressing your legs much at all.

There is 8 height adjustments on the saddle neck, and the settings are a cinch to adjust. So even if you're shorter than 6ft there's going to be a comfortable setting for you.

I actually do sessions with the saddle lowered to as low as i can comfortably do full cycles so as to get more work into my muscles (If you choose to do this, then please take it easy if you're tall and go slow-ish. (tearing quadriceps is not nice)

In regards to comfort - The saddle does have quite a good cushion on it, i can press my thumb into it a fair amount, but like most standard supplied saddles they become uncomfortable, at which time getting a cushion off the sofa would be a good idea, or perhaps investing in one of those fancy gel saddles the trendies bang on about - but I'm a bit of a tightwad with money, so the pillow/cushion option does me fine.

I easily give the Body Sculpture BC1700 Exercise Bike a full 5 stars here, it certainly performed under the punishment i gave it during testing and it's still going, and besides the priceless workouts you'll get and benefit to your health and fitness, you also get a LCD computer which gives you fairly accurate pulse readings etc, and for the current price of 90 it's certainly worth picking this up to use now.

It would also be a great and very thoughtful gift for a young teenager as well - get them off those games consoles for an hour each day!

If i had tried this at a friends house and never heard of it before then, i would have been expecting and willing to pay around 130 or so, and I would have felt I got my monies worth as well. Some people today don't realize just how precious health is until it hits them one day that their health is failing - don't make that mistake, do something about your health today!

3.0 out of 5 stars Good value, 3 Jan 2012

5.0 out of 5 stars exercise bike, 25 Sep 2012
I bought this exercise bike after rupturing nearly all the ligaments in my knee, I needed to get the strength built back in the knee to cope with the operation and this bike was perfect - good price, easy to build, adjustable and varing hardness in pedaling. Knee is now a lot stronger and would recommed to anyone.

5.0 out of 5 stars keep on riding, 23 Dec 2011
Bought this for my son, who is a keen cyclist and he rates this very high and you can go from easy motion to high very easy and with the computer it tells him all he needs to know.great value for money,easy assembled,everyone's a winner.

1.0 out of 5 stars cheap and nasty, 20 Feb 2014
This bike was advertised as reduced from 250 to 89. I'm glad I didn't pay 250. Don't buy this bike thinking you're getting 250 worth of kit, you're not, It's just about worth 90..... just.
I bought this bike because it had great reviews, but for the life of me I don't know what bike they were reviewing!!! The pedal action is far from smooth, the Velcro foot straps are pathetic and don't hold and overall build quality is crap. I'm only keeping it because I can't afford better.Do yourself a favor, save up buy a decent one.

5.0 out of 5 stars A FIRST RATE PRODUCT, 11 Jan 2014
a very good product which lived up to my expectations.I purchased the exercise bike after reading the reviews and was delighted with the price,plus the ease with which it was assembled.

5.0 out of 5 stars WOW, 21 July 2014
Superb bit of equipment, compact, visually pleasing to look at, compact and easy to put together.
I purchased this as a means to try and get some muscles in my legs as I suffer from Diabetic Neuropathy and cannot walk very far. Walking was not an option so I thought I would try this. For the price, its amazing. It is easy to peddle, various resistance settings. The clock meter gives you every type of information that you could want.
The seat is ok, but if you have no "meat" on you botty, due to lack of muscle then you may need to consider adding a piece of memory foam to make it easier to sit on.
I have had several bikes in the past but never one as superb at this.
I personally would highly recommend this piece of equipment for the beginner, like me, or for serious cyclists.
OUTSTANDING VALUE and one of the BEST purchases I have ever made

1.0 out of 5 stars Broken on arrival, like many others, 19 July 2013
C. Wright (England, UK) - See all my reviews
The box was quite battered when it arrived (which seems to be a common theme with this item going by other people's reviews) but I thought it would still be ok... turns out I was wrong and I've had the same problem that several other people reported on this bike and other bikes made by the same manufacturer. The flywheel that the pedals are connected to was broken, so the pedals would only move in reverse. Even putting all of my weight on one pedal it would not shift in the correct direction at all. Also connecting the tension wire was incredibly difficult as others have mentioned in their reviews, but with some brute force I did get it hooked up correctly in the end (note that even without that connected at all the pedals still wouldn't move correctly so its nothing to do with that).

1.0 out of 5 stars Tension Cable too short, 17 July 2013
Mr. A. Gill "shadowfrog" (London, England) - See all my reviews
Just like a previous commenter I too could not attach the tension cable even after I had set the gear to "8" (to fully extend it).

3.0 out of 5 stars Ok but disappointed in computer, 29 Jan 2013
Bike arrived in good time. No problems putting it together. Really wanted to get going but unable to get computer to work. Only can get pulse and that's not accurate!! Nice bike and could just use as is but really wanted speed an distance so we could challenge our selfs. Is there something simple we should do? Awaiting advice from amazon as instructions for computer not clear. If we can not figure it out it will have to go back. Does any one else have this problem?

Body Sculpture BC1700 Exercise Bike - Silver/Black