5.0 out of 5 stars Clear, concise and not at all Crabbit
I've lost count of the people who've told me 'I just can't get my head round Twitter.' And I always want to jump up and down screaming 'But just persevere and you'll love it!' Now I can just direct them to the perfect book.

Published on 16 Aug 2011 by GilPhil

3.0 out of 5 stars Disappointingly low on useful information
Having been dabbling in Twitter for some time, I wanted to get a better understanding of how to make best use of it. Although this book provided a few good tips, it was disappointingly low on useful information. The author's main objective seemed to me to be self promotion.
Published 24 months ago by IanW

5.0 out of 5 stars Clear, concise and not at all Crabbit, 16 Aug 2011
This review is from: Tweet Right - The Sensible Person's Guide to Twitter (Kindle Edition)

Tweet Right is concise, to the point, clearly explained and often funny. Nicola Morgan (aka the Crabbit Old Bat) explains everything from the nuts and bolts of getting started to issues like etiquette, manners, how to market and network without being off-putting, and simply how to make friends and have fun (which leads to everything else). I wish I'd had this book when I started tweeting - I'd have got the hang of it so much faster. This really is the indispensable guide for anyone who wants to dive into the Twitter experience but isn't sure where to start. And what's more, it's good for veteran Tweeters too.

5.0 out of 5 stars Essential Guide to Twitter, 16 Aug 2011
MC Rogerson "MCR" (Derbyshire) - See all my reviews
If you're thinking of trying out Twitter then I'd highly recommend reading Tweet Right first.

Tweet Right is a concise instruction booklet, which details everything you need to know about getting started on Twitter. It covers all the basic topics such as installation, account settings and posting 'tweets', but it also goes a lot further. The author explains how to get the most out of the service - offering tips about maximising your profile, maintaining etiquette and finding other 'tweeps' with similar interests. I particularly liked this e-book because it's been written for everyone, not just marketeers. It's also affordable and easy to download.

A great introduction to the Twitterverse.

5.0 out of 5 stars Don't try to tweet without it!, 16 Aug 2011
Mrs. M. Kirk (Highland) - See all my reviews
My goodness, I wish I'd had this a month ago when I finally took the plunge and joined Twitter.

Clear, concise and incredibly helpful, this little guide takes the novice through the whole Twitter phenomenon and provides more experienced users with useful nuggets of information. It explains jargon, provides useful tips and crucially, gives the low-down on Twitter etiquette - none of it rocket science, but all of it easy to follow.

I can't be the only person who's joined up full of enthusiasm and ended up lurking on the sidelines, feeling like the last orange cream in the tin of Quality Street...if you're at all unsure about the whole Twitter thing or just want to learn a little more about it, this is the guide for you.

5.0 out of 5 stars Everything you need to know to get the most from Twitter, 14 Aug 2011
This is a great introduction to Twitter. It goes beyond the typical books which bore you with a hundred pages on how to register a Twitter account. It's concise so you don't have to wade through pages of padding. Everything here is a nugget of information.

There is a short intro which quickly tells you how to get set up, how to use Tweetdeck and how to configure your settings to see the most useful information.

The heart of the book is about how to engage with everyone else on Twitter and really helps you avoid the mistake I made of starting with a random tweet which disappeared into space. It shows how to find people to follow and be followed. There is a really good section on the etiquette around this which helps avoid some early disasters.

Thoroughly recommend this to anyone starting out on Twitter. It's like having someone introduce you to everyone at the party rather than barging into the room and shouting out your name.

Al.

5.0 out of 5 stars Unbeatable, 17 Aug 2011
This is the perfect introduction to Twitter for....well, almost anyone really. It breaks through all of the misconceptions people hold about Twitter and shows exactly what people can get out of joining.

There is both a simple step-by-step guide to actually getting started with Twitter and Tweetdeck, and what to do to get going. To be honest, although it's aimed at complete beginners, I doubt there is anyone who will not find something useful in Tweet Right.

Nicola writes in a humourous and accessible style and I enjoyed reading Tweet Right very much indeed. Hugely recommended if you're a nice, sensible person wanting to get the most out of Twitter!

5.0 out of 5 stars What are you waiting for? Get Tweet Right and get tweeting..., 22 Jan 2012
'You're on twitter? I don't get it. What's it for?'
'Oh, I've registered, but I don't use it because I don't get it.'
'You have what? Conversations? How...?'
'I don't know what to say, so I don't use it.'
'Isn't that just full of celebs tweeting about nothing?'

If you recognise yourself in any of the above comments Tweet Right by Nicola Morgan (@nicolamorgan) will explain everything you need to know, from what twitter is for and how to use it to a list of great tweeters to start following. It's clear, concise, easy to follow and funny! You'll be in expert hands as Nicola Morgan was responsible for a No1 worldwide trending topic - #lessinterestingbooks.

If you Tweet Right, you could change your life, it has certainly changed mine!

5.0 out of 5 stars Tweeting Not Drowning!, 29 Aug 2011
Marc Pimbert - See all my reviews
Nicola Morgan's excellent book Tweet Right is easy to read, funny and downright practical - and all for less than the price of a meal deal. By the time I'd finished reading it I had set up my twitter account and started tweeting, and all without help from the DS and OH! For newbies to the world of twitter I can't recommend it enough.

3.0 out of 5 stars Disappointingly low on useful information, 5 Jan 2013
IanW (Eastbourne, UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)

5.0 out of 5 stars Tweet *Right-On*, 15 Jan 2012
An excellent little book to get you going effectively if you are starting out on Twitter (and TweetDeck) or have been on it a while and need a few rough edges sorting on basic Twitter etiquette. A very good writing style that has empathy and gets the key points over well.

It's not a Twitter / social media stategy and marketing book.

5.0 out of 5 stars Ah! Now it all makes sense!, 28 Sep 2011
Simon Whaley (UK) - See all my reviews
For me, the guidance on etiquette was the most useful. I've looked at Twitter and seen some inane comments on there, but also some really useful tweets. Nicola's book shows you how to get started, but also how to be welcomed with open arms by the tweeting community.