5.0 out of 5 stars Very bright light
This light is exremely bright but has a relatively narrow beam. As I always use two lights, mainly to allow for failing batteries, and the other has a relatively wide spread the combination is ideal. The light is completely waterproof (well tested recently!).
Published on 9 Jan 2012 by J. N. Harrison

1.0 out of 5 stars And off it pops out of the mount
Very disappointed, on first use it poped out of the mount and went crashing and rolling down the road.
In fitting it I could not feel or hear the click for the release lip to be wedged in place, but assumed it was sitting tight enough.
Published 9 months ago by Simsey

5.0 out of 5 stars Very bright light, 9 Jan 2012
This review is from: Smart Lunar 35 Lux Front Light - Black, (2xAA batt. inc.) (Sports)

5.0 out of 5 stars Great product, 1 Mar 2012
For 20 quid or so this is an incredible light to have on the bike. I use it as my main light now, both full or lower setting is plenty but on the unlit roads full setting is preferrted. Gives a slight wash of light right in front of the wheel when set 15 metres in front. On Energizer 2450mah rechargeables I get about 4 - 5 good hours on full setting & 9 hours on low.

Update - I now use 3 of these. With all 3 on at night it gives all I need as a good spread of light even on the lower setting, but I usually use 2 and save one as a backup in case, or if more light is needed. 16 hours reached on flash only (using batteries mentioned above). 20 hours of constant rain recently on an all day ride and they still work fine.

5.0 out of 5 stars Enlightening, 4 Jan 2012
Great light. I use it in some dark places and I can actually see where I'm going.
Love that it's so small that you can carry it in your pocket.

4.0 out of 5 stars flasher!!, 3 Jan 2012
P. Winthrop "museic" (morecambe, uk) - See all my reviews
For 23 the light should be considered a bargain. Its bright enough for road work and will get you seen by all but the growing breed of drivers who shouldnt be on the road anyway. I bought this to replace a cateye uno and cant decide which one I prefer, they are similarly priced, the uno uses just one aa battery while the smart uses two, the smart is brighter-the uno more compact. I do some evening off roading and will use this on its own to get there and back, but while on the trails I use a powerful rechargeable as my main light-the smart would not be enough for trail work. For the money you cant go wrong, but check out the cateye uno as well before deciding.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good budget light for night riding, 28 Aug 2012
I recently completed a 100-mile night ride across the countryside in almost pitch black conditions, with this as my main light, and it was up to the task.

The high-power beam is bright enough to light a path through the dark night provided you are happy to travel at an easy 12-15mph. If you wanted to race along faster than that, there are higher power lights which are more suitable. I took it easy on the downhills just to be safe. The light's other modes are a half-power beam and a flashing beam. They serve their purpose, for conserving battery, but it's annoying when you have to cycle through all the modes, including off, when you want to switch to high power again.

Battery-wise, the light didn't seem to drain its two standard AAs too fast. Not fast enough to make me worry or have to change them on my 8-hour ride, at least. Get a set of four rechargeables and a charger and you're golden.

Build-wise, the light seems compact, tough, and adequately rain-proof, though I haven't tested it thoroughly. It's nice that it's small enough to slip into a pocket when you quick-release it from the mounting bracket (which has been improved since previous models and now attaches quickly and securely to standard handlebars).

Yes, I like the form factor of this light and I like its power. The mode cycler is a minor niggle which I can live with, so I'd buy the light again to get this much brightness at this price point. One other point: if you need a light exclusively for within the city, this one is probably overkill and you could get by with one of its smaller brothers.

5.0 out of 5 stars Bright eyes, 3 Feb 2012
I previously had two front lights on my bike as I travel badly light areas to get to and from work. I was getting really fed up with drivers not dipping their headlights when they approach me as it meant my having to stop until they pass. The lunar 35 is a fantastic light. Really bright and still only 2 batteries needed to run it. Worth paying the extra over the normal 5 lights.

5.0 out of 5 stars bright, 2 Feb 2012
Bought this from Halfords for 35 but it failed after 30 minutes so I took it back. would have had a replacement at same price but saw it was 20 super bargain on amazon and have happily just placed my order.
This light is really bright and was working great for me out on some dark country roads. I dont expect the new one to fail but if it does I will let you know.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great little light, 25 Dec 2012
Tazz 69 (Aberdeen, UK) - See all my reviews
This is my 2nd Smart Lunar 35, its smaller with a narrower, more focused beam, more of a spot that my older one which is about 2 years old. Am impressed with the light in it's more compact form, it's very bright and seems brighter than my old one.
Have not had any problems except as noted in another review the clamp can't seem to be tightened so it allows the light to be moved on the handle bars but it stays fixed where it should be when you are riding and does not move with the bumps in the road.
I have not been off road so can't comment on how good it would be with no street lights but lights up the road ahead of me so I can see potholes coming. Now I have two I have one focused further ahead than the other.
Overall am delighted with both of my Smart Lunars and am impressed with the amount of light given off for the price.

1.0 out of 5 stars And off it pops out of the mount, 14 Oct 2013
During the first right it dislodged itself twice whilst going over smal bump. I used some tape to make an emergency fix, but by then the impact it had on road must have caused internal damage and the light/contacts come apart and you are left in the dark.
Very unhappy as I now have an unreliable light and a lighter pocket. The ammount of light would have been fine for riding in rural area in pitch black, although is not as bright as the more expensive versions, so would have be a good light for my needs.

4.0 out of 5 stars Sturdy, well made, bright enough, but very directional, 5 Oct 2013
Got this and a lunar 10. The 35 is physically smaller, and not as bright as I expected (when compared to the 10). Still decent light. Nicely made, good bracket system (the lunar 10 and 35 slot onto the same bracket on the handlebars). Whilst Lunar 35 gives a bit more ummph than the 10, the pool of bright light is relatively small. One thing I did discover being it resists knocks very well. Having just fitted the 35 on its bracket on the handlebars of my bike I decided to 'tweak' the angle of projection by pushing forward on the back of the light. Do not try this at home. I later discovered that this is where the tail of the quick release part of the bracket emerges from under the light. I can indeed confirm that said mechanism is very effective and that if you press on it, it releases the light, very very quickly. The lunar 35 shot out of the garage door, under the car on the drive and was skipping off rapidly down the hill, in the rain, with its progress illuminated by its still working light. Not dissimilar to how I would imagine an animal such as an otter being released from captivity, whilst carrying a torch, would appear. Or a torpedo being launched from the deck tube of an MTB perhaps.. Anyway, after finally grasping what had actually happened and how stupid I'd been, I retrieved the still shining Lunar 35 and was very pleased to discover hardly a mark on it (it was still very shiny on the outside too). The design is clearly well thought out and material of good enough quality to prove effective at protecting both the lens and the bulb, whilst bouncing along the road. I suspect that it will survive most things thrown at it and sitting on the handlebars of a bike should be a doddle for it, even on the roughest terrain. Overall, a good, if very directional, light.