on 14 September 2011
This cleaner is very powerful on its highest setting but with that comes a very loud sound like a plane is taking off. It is so strong on the highest setting i can't even move the hose across the carpet. If you are strong it is very effective but even if weak it still works well on the lower power setting and this is more comfortable on the eardrums too. I would recommend it regardless of the issue.
11 comment|118 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 12 November 2013
I have had this for about 18 months and to start with, it was great. Lightweight, powerful, easy to store. Not heavily used so disappointed that after 18 months its doing what I see in other reviews - failing to pick up fluff, overheating and cutting out. Looking for a better quality vac now. DONT BUY THIS!
on 17 October 2013
Fragile case and broken clip bracket at the back so it is impossible to use the machine, a scratch or something one can overlook for the discount but they are selling them off for poor quality. I would discourage you from purchasing this item the time wasted on sorting our the problem costs more than the vacuum. Extremely poor supplier.
on 9 December 2011
When I read the reviews about this cleaner I was dubious about the claims that it was so powerful that it was hard to move across the carpet due to the power of the vacuum. It was astonishing to find out that this statement is very true, especially on full power, but it is far easier to move over an older carpet, which has had plenty of feet passing over it. The noise level is proportional to the amount of vacuum produced, but after a while one tends to ignore the noise of a jet taking off. The only fault that has been found is when a lot of dust gets picked up the filter in the container quickly clogs up which required frequent cleaning to maintain the vacuum at its optimum power. The plus point is that the dust container is very easy to empty, because the bottom is hinged and the dust and other debris can be deposited straight into the waste bin without any spillage or fuss. The design of this dust container is such that its top can also be removed to empty the dust (and change the filter), this means that it is more versatile than the other cyclone cleaner, which has now been relegated upstairs. Should the cleaner need to be replaced then this one would be at number one on the list, especially at the price even with its known fault.
22 comments|50 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 27 May 2013
I have had 2 of these within the last 10 months, the first one went wrong after about 5 months and the second one went wrong just recently, both the same problem so i can only assume it is a fault with the hoover, be aware if you have this fault this hoover just increasingly heats up to the point it warped the rear of the hoover....absolute rubbish.
on 14 September 2011
Designer Habitat - 2400W Cyclonic Bagless Cylinder Vacuum Cleaner 4 Litre Dust Capacity This cleaner is everything I wanted excellent product, fantastic price It does excactly what it says it does As I am a widowed pensioner, I have found other cleaners that I have had over the years have been heavy going for me. but this one was great.I wish I had found it a long time ago I would definatly recommend it to anyone Thank You.
22 comments|83 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 21 June 2013
The main filter drops off inside, meaning dust and muck gets to the motor. Had to take it apart to sort that out. Then the retracting cable won't 'lock' meaning you end up with a clothes peg, to stop it winding back. Finally the motor burned out. This should have been tested more for the small detail.
on 25 August 2013
Do not buy this..it only lasted 2 weeks... badly designed & cheaply made.. spend the money on a brush & shovel. It might not look as pretty but less work.
on 24 April 2012
I was very impressed with the fancy colours and looks and boy does it suck up the dirt and I have set it to just above the middle of the slide that controlls the amount of suction, otherwise its too hard to pull and push accross the carpet or floor. The only problems I have found is the flexable pipe is a bit too soft because the pipe closes when I pull the vacuum towards me when it is sideways to me. The pipe does not swivel (turn) in the sockets very well which aids to the pipe collapsing instead of turning around and I find the pipe too short to clean our carpeted staircase. I'm looking out for a longer and more ridged pipe as its the most important downfall of the whole machine. The attachment to get into small places keeps falling off its holder on the metal pipe which is also a bit of a pain but I can live with it.
on 18 April 2013
It stopped working after a short while very dissapointed with this product
I wouldn't recommend it to anyone cheap and nasty