Colour: Black|Change

on 1 October 2012
I bought two of these lights for my bathroom. The electrician pointed out to me that the silver part next to the ceiling (at the top of the product photo) was not a true circle, but really wonky. This was noticeable when he held the fitting up to the ceiling. I've added a photo under the product image on this page so you can see what I mean.

I contacted the Light Factory for replacements, which eventually arrived after some problems with the carrier and several emails. The new lights were not much better than the originals, so I am returning them for a refund. The Light Factory says there is not a problem with the lights: "Please accept our apologies, however these were checked before dispatching and were in perfect condition. This is one of our best-selling lines with 99.9% of happy customers."

So I suppose it depends whether you mind that top bit of metal being a not-quite-circular shape against your ceiling. The rest of the light is nicely designed. At the same time I bought these, I also got Litecraft - Satin Nickel Gemini 3 Light Halogen Ceiling Spotlight Plates for my living room. The corresponding part on these is a perfect circle as it should be.
review image
on 5 August 2013
Obviously I got one from a bad batch! I spent half an hour struggling to fit bulbs into this unit but the ones supplied just wouldn't go in. I eventually managed to get some bulbs from my own stock to fit, but that took quite a time. I'm not looking forward to replacing the bulbs when the time comes. However, I gave it two stars because it's quite an attractive unit, but there was something wrong with the bulb fittings on my one.
on 24 July 2013
I bought this for my daughter's bedroom as a cheap replacement for an old spotlight fitting. My daughter is very happy with it and it looks much more expensive than it was. Very modern and my husband fitted it easily. Highly recommended
on 10 January 2014
I bought it as a temporary replacement kitchen light but will probably hang onto it when I have a new kitchen as it looks great - not at all cheap looking - and is much brighter than I expected. Great product for the price. I can't comment on fitting as an electrician friend fitted it easily.
on 26 July 2013
Another reviewer has already commented on another version of these lights (in white?), to say that the base trim is not circular, and has included photos to show that. He/she is absolutely right. I ordered two in spite of that, thinking perhaps it was a one off, but alas no. Both lights have a noticeably crooked base, and even the band thickness is not the same as it goes round. I can't understand how people can market rubbish like this. How do they stay in business? Don't buy it!
on 17 January 2014
impossible to get the lamps into the holders even though there was a tool to help. very disappointed and returned the goods
on 29 July 2013
I would recommend this product not only are they very stylish but at a great price brighten up the hall beautifully
on 21 September 2012
A very well made and robust peice of kit. Contains the bulbs and complete fitting instructions. Can be easily fitted by a competant D.I.Y. man/woman.
on 2 November 2012
Light fitting was delivered within 2 days of ordering. It is quite true that the part of the fitting that is in contact with the ceiling is not a perfect circle and my fitting looked exactly like the photos posted by another reviewer. However, that this part of the fitting is not a perfect circle does not matter as it is impossible to tell this once the whole light fitting is attached to the ceiling. Essentially, it is masked by the chrome and black round (perfectly round!) plate from which the 3 spot lights hang. Looks good and produces loads of light when fitted with 3 watt Minisun neutral white LED bulbs!
on 15 November 2014
This is a beautiful light fitting.
It is very stylish and fits easily.
I used some good quality bulbs and these give off a fantastic light.
I am considering replacing some old ( ish ) fittings with this type.
I love it.